The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf II: Land of the Rising Moon

DeanTheAdequate

Lord Mizuhara stares at Hisoka. She quickly turns to avoid his gaze. Mizuhara reaches over and puts her eyes front.

"I'm afraid it's your turn..." says Lord Mizuhara. "Come"

Hisoka sags, but is hauled up by a guard...

They are taken the bluffs which Lord Mizuhara's castle overlooks. Hisoka is taken to the cliff's edge.

"It must end tonight!" Lord Mizuhara announces, as the wind whips around him.

"You are making a mistake my lord" Hisoka pleads.

"Do what you must Hisoka. If you cannot find your strength, my guards will give you purchase..."

The guards step forward, but Hisoka waves them away.

"I will do it..." she says weakly looking over the edge. She whispers her last thoughts and jumps as the breeze kicks up again. Cherry blossoms swirl around all gathered on the bluff as Hisoka plummets to her doom on the rocks below.

"I'm sorry..." Hisoka whispers as she is dashed upon the rocks.

Up on the bluff the blossoms clear away to reveal Lord Mizuhara, his guards, Shijin, Hoshhiko, and two hygenkyoi. One wolf, one fox... They smiled...

"And now," Kinjiru snarled "You all die!"

Kamiya tears into the two guards, twin daggers producing a fishtailed bloodspray over the shocked guests. Lord Mizuhara draws his sword and swings in one stroke, hitting Kinjiru with a mighty blow.

"Not going to work, M'lord" grins the beast as he picks up the lord and hurls him off the cliff to share Hisoka's fate.

Shijin had taken off running, preparing a small dagger in his flight. He feels a snag on his heel.

"Oh Kami..." is his last thought as the dragon fire powder charrs him to death. Kamiya grins at her own trap. But she soon concetrates on Hoshhiko, who is defending herself with a silvered iron pipe.

"I have no time for you, whore" Kamiya snarls she parrys the pipe, drops her dagger, and snatches at Hoshhiko's throat, drinking deeply for refreshment in battle.

"Come Kamiya!" shouts Kinjiru "The emperor should be arriving soon!!!"

They ran to the front gates, waiting for thier delicate prey. The moon rises higher in the sky...

"Where is the royal palanaquin?" Kamiya snarls...

On the road away from Kyoto, the royal palnaquin sways with the Emperor and Shizuka.

"Ughhh!" gasps Shizuka as he clutches at his side.

"What is wrong?"

"She, is gone Emperor... My sister is dead. So must be all at the castle."

"It could not be helped. You made the right choice, warning me. The hygenkyoi will give up on a missed opprotunity. I will send troops to inspect the castle later. For now though... We should be safe."

A howling comes from the distance.

"Believe me Emperor..." says Shizuka "I wish that could be said for those that are left..."

THE END!!!

OOC: Mmmmm.... Tradgedy.... *Drools*

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*stunned* Kinjiru?? I suspected Lady Celes, really... but MeThinksUFoolish is a complete surprise!

Oh well... Lord Iago, could you post who you've Seen while you were alive? It does seem I misunderstood your hints... :P

*Hugs everybody* It was very good roleplaying and it was fun! Thanks!

I'll be definitely writing Wolfen Chronicles for this one, so please I still need word from MeThinkUFoolish, X-Sabre, Dragonqueen, Mira, Damon Inferel, and Vlad to see if there's no problem on using your characters as you RPed them. :) If the Wolves, Seer and Baneer could contact me with details on their plans, I'd also be glad.

Keep your eyes open... signup for next Werewolf will come up soon! :)

A special thanks to Dean!!!

And... Happy Birthday, MeThinksUFoolish :) *hugs* Best wishes for you, and hope to see you next game!

~Tanny

Edited by Tanuchan

For the next one, maybe the wolves/baner/seer could PM you in roleplay when they have time, to make the final write-up easier. It would be great to reread the whole thing with all motives in place.

Especially the seer this time. Why did he say he believed Kinjiru innocent?

Whyyyy????

You guys almost voted off a wolf on the first day... so sad for you then that you never got either of them...

I totally suspected *both* gieshas!

*Gives Celes a suspicious look*

WOW Dean! That was a nice finale. I must admit that I had lots of fun scheming with MeThinksUFoolish. In the beginning, Daemon was worrysome because he kept suspecting MeThinksUFoolish since the beginning because he happened to be the son of the NPC victim, among other things. Believe it or not, targeting Eyremon was a pure accident. MeThinks wanted to kill Elwen because she's constantly referring to her brother seer, but he typed Eyremon instead of Elwen.

Tanny: I'll forward you the PM's I received from MeThinks after he tolds you if you want to use his character. When we had to kill your character, it was about time because both MeThinks and I started to consider Akane as threatening.

Katzaniel: The lack of activeness showned by some players indirectly helped us, so it contributed to drive suspicion away from us while during night phase, we killed those that we considered potentially threatening.

Well, I do the :ph34r: Kitsune dance. ;)

Lady Celes, if you hadn't killed Akane she would have accused you next. ;) I was between you and X-Sabre that last day, and when he turned to be innocent, I had my thoughts on you.

I'd like to have the wolves' PMs after I check with MeThinksUFoolish if he agrees with the Chronicles, thanks!

Katzaniel, I really like your idea for next PMs. I'll ask it right at the sign up post, thanks for the suggestion. :)

~Tanny

I checked on Akane (Tanuchan) day one Then I said I would not speak against Her

I checked on Shijin (Mira) day two and as he was being called on for votes I said how I was sure that he was composing a wonderful Hiaku

I checked on Hoshiko (Dragonqueen) on day three but I died before I could say Anything

As for defending Kinjiru (MeThinksUFoolish) I simply thaught that we were ganging up on the person who was different. He answered my question that I asked.

Now onto the next Game... Tanuchan

*wryly* So I lived so long just because of an accident? And I wasn't constantly referring to him...it was only in my journal, unless one of the wolves got to it. It was Eyremon who first publicly mentioned him.

I was basically grasping at straws at the end. Besides, Hisoka really didn't care whether she lived or died...*shrugs* So that's my excuse for being an idiot.

Everybody was basically grasping at straws... for some reason, I felt that in this game it was difficult to locate good wolf suspects. It was well played, and with me and possibly some of others interpreting wrong what the Seer said, it would be practically impossible to get both wolves. So, in the end, either all of the innocents were idiots, or none of them. ;) You played well, Elwen. I liked your character and the hints you gave about your backstory. I'd really love to see you develop Hisoka in a story about her and her twin. Maybe you could even post that together with the Chronicles for this game :). Or a separate story, but either way, I'd like to see it.

And about the diary... well, it's never too much to remember that the wolves will use anything they can to survive. My guess is that they saw you as a possible Seer, from the way you talked about Hisoka's brother even in diary form. As Dean said once, all that's posted is open including to the wolves... they couldn't use your diary in the RP unless they caught it, but no one asks them to give IC reason to choose victims. It's how the game's played. :)

I do hope to see you next game, Elwen. :) The sign-up post should be up either later today or tomorrow morning.

~Tanny

Elwen: *lol* That was about what MeThinks told me, but he wrote Eyremon instead of Elwen. Besides the use of "she" instead of "he" everything else fits as Eyremon is the one who constantly mentioned about Seer and he seems to know a lot of things. The other reason that you survive until the end afterwards is that it was clear that you were focus on accusing Mira and Tanuchan represented a greater threat. As for what I said for my final vote, I had to pull off something to justify such accusation as I merely work to save my hide. ;)

I must say that it is like playing chess; one wrong move can hurl you to your own doom. I've been surprised that Mira came back and actually voted against Hisoka, it was the opening both wolf and fox were waiting for.

As for someone who played both side of the fence, the fun is different but it's still fun. While on the first game, I could never suspected Tanny because of the relationship we both created with our characters and that the Seer had been killed right from the start, it was a fun challenge to find out who were the wolves. As a wolf, it was "Let's choose a victim and let's hope it is the Seer or it is not baned." then it was saving our hides during day phase.

Tanny: When Dean told me that I was one of the wolves, I reread the last three posts in the first Werewolf and suddenly, it was pretty funny.

It was kind of like grasping at straws. I didn't really suspect anybody until somebody else suspected them. Yup, I'm a sheep. I never really suspected Kamiya, but Kinjuru...he was a natural suspect. Anyway, I haven't really been following the Q and A thread, but I'm reading about some sort of Wolf Chronicle that might be written. You can do whatever you want with Hoshiko. She doesn't really have a background or anything.

You can do whatever you want with Hoshiko. She doesn't really have a background or anything.

Dragonqueen, thanks for the permission. I won't do anything with Hoshiko, really; mainly, I'm using her exactly as you created and RPed her. That's why I want permission to use the characters, for I'll put next to nothing of myself into them. :)

Lady Celes, it's really fun when you can see the game from both points of view. I've never played the Seer, but being the Baneer and deciding when to stop baning yourself to protect a claimant to be the Seer, or try to Bane the Wolf, is also pretty fun. :) In my last game elsewhere, the Seer made himself quite visible for me after he cleared me, so I could Bane him the whole game.

Well, well, we have won at last. I dont know about you guys but im very proud of myself. I picked a very suspicous character and have been trying to survive the entire time. Lady Celes did a great job of not even appearing suspicous so i felt more free to have fun knowing that if i died she had a good chance of still winning. I've wanted the wolf PMs to be public from the start, since we started talking about wolf chronicles but i decided not to say anything cause i didnt want to appear like i knew to much. I look forward to playing in the next game and wish you all better luck next time :D

:dragon4:

Here's a little quote from Dean's begining introducting to the game. notice anything interesting??

"He was assasintated in a style I have seen before. This is the work of the ninja..."

Several eyes roll, murmurs fill the room.

"So you think that I am foolish, that the ninja does not exist. I will tell you once. There is a murderer amongst you. You were the only ones who have met with the elder Kinjiru, his murder is of some benefit to each of you, and I do have many eyes in my palace..."

Hmmmm, a littel subliminal perhap? jeez even the mod was out to get me

Edited by MeThinksUFoolish

Here's a little quote from Dean's begining introducting to the game. notice anything interesting??

"He was assasintated in a style I have seen before. This is the work of the ninja..."

Several eyes roll, murmurs fill the room.

"So you think that I am foolish, that the ninja does not exist. I will tell you once. There is a murderer amongst you. You were the only ones who have met with the elder Kinjiru, his murder is of some benefit to each of you, and I do have many eyes in my palace..."

Hmmmm, a littel subliminal perhap? jeez even the mod was out to get me

That wasn't it, I swear. When I go for in game, no hints are given. The names of the characters will be the ones used for in-thread discussion.

Just happened that Lord Mizuhara didn't want to be taken for a fool. After two re-writes I thought "Eh, it won't matter"

And it didn't.

Good play everyone!

ok here are all the Werewolf PM's so who ever wants to use em can, they might be a good read too :D

MeThinksUFoolish, Feb 11 2004, 05:56 PM

Hello there fellow werewolfer, I wanted to talk strategy with you and whom we are going to kill in the night. First of all thanks for sticking up for me, even if it was in a general manner, getting lynched right off would have been very irritating. Of course, I would like to kill my esteemed opponent Damon Inferel- Kyosuke for trying to get me killed, but it’s a bit obvious if I do. Therefore my plan would be to kill Vahktang- Shin, Washima: Strong head of the Washima Clan because taking out the leader will put the rest in chaos and blame will be thrown about. I think we may want to blame Tanuchan- Akane, Shimizu: Head Concubine of Lord Washima for the murder because who would have a better opportunity than a lover. Of course if you have any objections to any of this let me know, and keep in touch.

MeThinksUFoolish, Feb 11 2004, 06:57 PM

I don't think im going to be able to get on again today, so go ahead and make the decision this time around who dies, iv'e already given you my views but if you decide to kill someone else im fine with that. have fun

Lady Celes Crusader, Feb 11 2004, 08:41 PM I was thinking the same. Killing the head might drive suspicion away, I just hope that the baner wont bane him.

MeThinksUFoolish, Feb 12 2004, 05:51 PM

As you probably have or will notice, the other players already expect or glorious leader to be dead in the morning. I have thought it over and I think we should go ahead and kill him anyway, since its been discussed openly by the members, it means that we can kill him off without pointing to ourselves as the killers. It also makes us look unoriginal and perhaps not too sure of how to be werewolves, which can only lead to our opponents underestimating us, if we appear predictable, all the better when we attack unexpectedly. I'm a bit worried he will be baned but since he seems like such an obvious choice, there is a good chance that the baner will think he wont be baned anyway so hell leave him open, and there is a good chance the baner will bane himself since the game is so early and the baner can play a very important part near the end

Having fun causing mischief

Lady Celes Crusader, Feb 12 2004, 05:55 PM

*lol* That is hilarious. The only thing is that he might be baned... although I think we can kill his concubine. That way we'll be originally unoriginal.

MeThinksUFoolish, Feb 12 2004, 06:04 PM

Eh we could easily kill either one, and perhaps the concubine is the safer choice but The leader may be worth the risk. I leave it in your hands im fine with either choice and yur probably a better judge of how people will react since youve known them longer

Lady Celes Crusader, Feb 12 2004, 06:31 PM

I've sent Dean the infamous PM

MeThinksUFoolish, Feb 13 2004, 02:52 PM

I have had some thoughts on catching the seer but its a bit of a sacrifice

if one of us should be accused and it looks like we are almost definitely going to be killed, we should claim to be the seer. Now the seer can do 2 things, if he speaks up hes automatically dead, cause the other wolf can kill him, if he doesn't than we can continue to be the seer without directly calling a person a wolf, we'd have to point out a few innocents and say we havent identified a wolf yet cuase if we call someone a wolf and then lynch them and their not a wolf then we are in a bind. so if one of us gets accused thats the way to go

MeThinksUFoolish, Feb 13 2004, 11:07 PM

well i must say im pretty proud of my last post, i think if a person wants to keep with the feel of the story, they will have a hard time accusing me, cause i tried to make all the characters appear sympathetic or maybe thats just what i want them to be. I should be safe from lynchng i hope, and i think there is a good chance Iron Chef might be lynched fore too long. I'm not too sure who we should kill off, but perhaps now would be a good time to kill Dameon Infernel, since he was the riginal person to accuse me and he might still be suspicious, unless you feel differently. let me know

Lady Celes Crusader, Feb 12 2004, 11:13 PM

I guess we were predictable after all. If only we could find the Seer thought.

Lady Celes Crusader, Feb 13 2004, 07:44 PM

That's a good idea. Our last option is to be lucky enough and to get him/her on the spot.

Lady Celes Crusader, Feb 13 2004, 11:20 PM

If you read Damon's post, he's now sorry to have accused you in the first place. I think we should wait for a couple of people to imput their voice first before voting. Let's see how things are played out.

MeThinksUFoolish, Feb 14 2004, 01:04 PM

Alright we can let Damon live for now. Although there is a possibility he might still suspect me, and just worried that i'll kill him so he's laying off until he can get support. But for now, we can let him squirm and wait for the votes.

Lady Celes Crusader, Feb 14 2004, 02:49 PM

Here's the whole portrait of the situation

The Ninja Werewolves

MeThinksUFoolish- Kinjiru-San (Son of a Paddy Farmer)

Lady Celes Crusader- Yumi, Kamiya: Geisha

The dead:

Vlad- Inoue, Ishikawa: Blossom festival tourist - Lynching

Vahktang- Shin, Washima: Strong head of the Washima Clan - Appetizer

The next potential victim of lynching:

RedChef- (Unknow Name) Master chef of the emperor's court. Known as the Iron Chef!

The potential victims (so many to choose from):

Eyremon- Lord Iago: Elder Courtier

Voted against: Ishikawa

Nothing about him cought my eye.

Mira- Shijin: Musician of the Biawgaku style

Pretty discreet, that might be played against him next day phase.

Tanuchan- Akane, Shimizu: Head Concubine of Lord Washima

Voted Against: Ishikawa

(Read her posts carefully, she MIGHT be the Seer, but I don't want to haste our decision)

Nave- Eiji, Terauchi

Will probably vote against Iron Chef

dragonqueen- Hoshhiko

X-Sabre- Koun, Sawato

Damon Inferel- Kyosuke

Voted against: Kinjiru

Elwen- Hisoka: Geisha

Let's see how it will resolve, it might help us to choose our next victim.

Lady Celes Crusader, Feb 15 2004, 02:46 PM

Now that Iron Chef will probably roasted (sorry for the pun), I suggest this one to be our next victim: Nave- Eiji, Terauchi.

Why, because Eyremon and Tanuchan's are too obvious choices, we wanted Deamon Infarel for a bit later and the others are innofensives SO far.

MeThinksUFoolish, Feb 15 2004, 02:49 PM

sounds good to me, i have no problem with the killing

Lady Celes Crusader, Feb 18 2004, 07:33 PM

Let's check the scorcard.

Who's Alive!

Eyremon- Lord Iago: Elder Courtier

He's getting to interested about your conflict with your father. I'll be intrested to read what he replis to your brillant post.

Mira- Shijin: Musician of the Biawgaku style

Pretty silent. Next lynching victim?

Tanuchan- Akane, Shimizu: Head Concubine of Lord Washima

She's not a treat so far.

dragonqueen- Hoshhiko

She doesn't stand out.

X-Sabre- Koun, Sawato

Nothing particular about him, yet.

Damon Inferel- Kyosuke

Let's see how he behaves.

Elwen- Hisoka (Giesha)

Pretends to be the Sister of a Seer and is eager to die... pretty odd.

Who's Dead!

Vlad- Inoue, Ishikawa (I came, I saw, I died)

Vahktang- Shin, Washima (See you in the morning hon...)

RedChef- Iron Chef (.........)

Nave- Eiji, Terauchi (I'm not afraid! Urrk! Irony killed the cat...)

Depending upon who will be lynched, I think that it's time for our first female victim.

Lady Celes Crusader, Feb 20 2004, 11:02 PM

Since that I wont be back before Sunday, here's my taughts and interpretation of the whole thing. Right now, both Sawato(X-Sabre) and Kyosuke(Damon)'s are on the line. Sawato has two sure votes and one potential vote agaisnt him while Kyosuke's have two sure votes. Whoever dies in this day phase will likely die in the next day phase. Seems there's a tendency that people kills off the inactive members, I think we should focus on the semi-active/active one for the killings.

I suggest that we kill dragonqueen-Hoshiko because it's very unlikely that the baner will protect her and if we kill Damon-Kyosuke ourselves, we will attract to much unwanted attention on you.

This time, you might have to PM Dean on my behalf, so it's up to you if you agree to my suggestion or not.

Lady Celes Crusader, Feb 22 2004, 03:43 PM

I'm back. Since Damon's dead, we might discuss further about whom we shall kill now. I'm thinking that X-Sabre might be an interesting choice.

MeThinksUFoolish, Feb 24 2004, 06:10 PM

X-sabre, eh? That's an interesting choice, unexpected, heh heh heh.

I'm worried about Eyermon, she keeps hinting at the seer and more than once. There is a good chance that she is the seer, i think, but maybe she's just protecting the seer. I don't think the baner would protect her, she seems like another good choice to me

I leave it in your hands, go ahead and send Dean the PM, he's getting impatient, and when the others wake, heh heh heh

Lady Celes Crusader, Feb 24 2004, 08:05 PM

Eyremon? That's a very interesting choice. I'll PM Dean asap.

MeThinksUFoolish, Feb 25 2004, 06:49 PM

Well talk about luck, it makes me laugh. I screwed up the names, i actualy wanted to kill off Elwen but i screwed up the names, talk about getting lucky. This game has almost been too easy. I've had to defend myself a couple of times but not many people have really suspected me, just Dameon and i killed him in human form, hah hah hah. The fact that weve had so many people not respond to the posts has only made it easier. if people sat down and thought about it they'd realize that the reason those people arent particpating is probably because they dont have any role and they got dissappointed. the fact that they havent been involved really proves they havent been particpating, other wise wed be stuck in night phase cause Dean needs their PMs. But no matter let us toast our succesful killing of the seer.

Lady Celes Crusader, Feb 25 2004, 09:23 PM

*rofl* That is awesome. The funniest part is that Eyremon did mention stuff about the seer as often as Elwen. The game had been pretty easy so far as we only need 3 more deads and no one actually suspected me and the only one who ever suspected you is lynched (which was more than convenient). With the seer gone, the way is pratically cleared. Let's open some bottle of beer, wine, champagne or spirit...

MeThinksUFoolish, Feb 27 2004, 09:37 PM

ok, ive dodged the bullet again it looks like. When did Iago say he thought i was innocent? Whatever i wont argue. Who shall we slay in the night? Thoughts? i dont think it makes that much of a difference now, but id gp with Tanny, shes just a little too smart for this game everyone else is basicly just playing, but she could still get us. she could use a visit in the night

Lady Celes Crusader, Feb 28 2004, 06:06 PM

Iado did said that he thought you were innocent when Daemon accused you (right before Daemon's execution). I'd go with Tanny as well. She's a bit too proheminent. (OOC: She owns me one also)

Lady Celes Crusader, Feb 28 2004, 06:06 PM

Iado did said that he thought you were innocent when Daemon accused you (right before Daemon's execution). I'd go with Tanny as well. She's a bit too proheminent. (OOC: She owns me one also)

I should pay back your spanking them, Lady Celes... ;) But I guess I have to thank you for not considering me a threat until the end of the game :P.

Those PMs are nice, thanks for posting MeThinks! :)

WOW The chronichles are SOOOOO great. Reading them is so fun cause i recognize all the dialouge. youre doing a great job Tanny, i love how you involved the werewolf PMs. Its so good, im posting my response here cause i dont want to interupt the flow of the chronicles with inane chatter. so im putting it here. I love and cant wait for the next part

Thank you so much, MeThinks!! :D I do hope the others share your opinion! I was afraid that the first day chapter was sooo long, but I really wanted to present all characters as you all did in the game! :)

I'm introducing some small changes in the dialogues to make it a smoother story, and I hope no one minds it too much. :P I'm keeping part of Dean's flavor text and fleshing it a bit more to be able to really tell a story. Please, if something seems that doesn't fit, you (players, mod) can always come and give me feedback. I'll be glad for that!

~Tanny

Edited by Tanuchan

Feedback? Okay.

I'm really enjoying it. The flow is much improved, the characters seem smoother, and we get to see the reasoning of the wolves without knowing right away who they are. (I'm not sure if you can or intend to try keeping that up very far, it probably won't be possible, but I'm glad you haven't given it away in the first day and night).

About the only thing that concerns me is the title - what happens if someone want to write up the first werewolf story? It's sort of too late to change the title, but I think it would be less confusing if for the third one we skip right to III and the rest of the chronicles are numbered at the same place as the games.