The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf II: Land of the Rising Moon

DeanTheAdequate

Kyosuke flickers his eyes down in sorrow for the doomed tourist. "He had not even a chance to speak his part, and yet we have condemned him? How honorable is that? I would think that we should all have at least given each other to speak their peace in this instance... what is done is done however. I am sorry Ishikawa-san."

(OOC: Hn... It's kind of odd to have democracy in a feudal era... But, whatever. I love this game!)

Edit: I misspelled Vlad's name...

Edited by Damon Inferel

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ishikawa-san this is for the good of the country, the emperor and the ancestors will smile upon you for your nobel self sacrifice. This is unfortunately :( the most democratic and fair way to root out the :wolf: , unless of course the :wolf: would like to come forward in front of everybody and proclaim their afflection. since that is unlikely I would suggest that everybody get ready for a restless and probebly bloody night. I will say to one of you I will miss you in the morning and to the rest we had better remain vigelent. If I shall met my ancestors tonight then choose wisely for if the :wolf: EVER have a number equal to non wolves they shall overrun the village and only the :wolf: would prosper in that case.

And one more thing before I go to bed. Just as I know there are 2 wolves out there, we also have 2 hidden allies. Sources in the emperors court have heard that 1 person with the power to see into others souls is in our presence, as is somebody who has the ability to turn common plants into a potent wolf repellent. But it would not be wise to say who they are fore if the :wolf: knew then they would surely target them either in a public lynching or in a nightly attack.

Sleep well my friends. :sleep: Morning will not come soon enough, may our ancestors watch over us.

Edited by Eyremon

OOC: Vlad has a posting problem, so it's up to me. A good idea, but just coulden't be implimented, this time...

The traveler's eyes go wide as he is marched out into the courtyard, overlooking the gardens. He is thrust to his knees by the two guards. Lord Mizuhara takes a position behind, his sword ready.

"I am sorry it has to be this way" says Mizuhara.

"It is OK." Ishikawa responds "I have seen the gardens of the house of Mizuhara during this time. It should be nice to die amongst the sakura..."

Mizuhara nodded as Ishikawa closed his eyes...

*SLASH*

The blade is sharp, the deed is done.

"This is not right." says Lord Iago "The Hygenkyoi will shift back to thier origional form if they are slain."

A servant rushes to Mizuhara's side and whispers in his ear.

"Worse, he had no trappings of a ninja. We will be struck again tonight. I am sorry my guests..."

He bows slightly and heads to his chambers. A pool of blood rests in the moonlight in the shade of the sakura trees...

(Yup! Ishikawa was innocent! Night phase should be wrapping up soon...)

((OOC: Is it OK for me to keep a diary? If not, I'll change it...and I'll just keep it hidden, anyway.))

And so, it has begun... Hisoka thinks, as she sits, calligraphy brush in her hand, as she writes. It is a habit of hers, to write what she does not speak, of the day's events, a poem...

Especially of what she does not speak of.

Already, suspicion begins to feed on our souls...we are killing ourselves, with the shadows of fear and doubt. Death is preferable to living like this.

"Death is preferable to living like this." Hisoka murmurs under her breath. "At least it is true peace."

((OOC: Is it OK for me to keep a diary? If not, I'll change it...and I'll just keep it hidden, anyway.))

OOC Yes, I think it is :) It helps our the RP also, nice idea you had!!

IC

A soft voice behind her startles Hisoka, who automatically covers her diary. Turning, she meets Akane's eyes. She can see the deep sorrow there for a moment.

I wouldn't wish for death so easily, Hisoka-san. As Iago-san and my lord say, there are ... beasts... among us.

*sighs*

You are right, of course, there's no honor living like this, pointing out people do die just because they are strangers. But we have to root out the evil amongst us. And we have no other lead than what we ourselves say. If we just keep silent, suspecting but not talking... or rightly offended but choosing silence's wisdom to avoid words we can repent... we just help the Hygenkyoi. If we don't speak our mind, we don't give grounds for a fair voting... if there's no voting, innocents we could help will die. It is a hard choice the one that is upon us.

*looks at Lord Iago, who's just retiring to bed*

He's a wise man. I just hope others see that in him.

Akane touches Hisoka's shoulder for just a moment.

There are honorable people among us. There are those who can help. But we must also help them. True peace will come from our wish to be fair and protect the innocent.

*notices Washima's eyes on her*

I must go, my lord calls me. Have a good night, Hisoka-san.

While still keeping a calm demeanor, Yumi's cannot hide the sad deception on her face. She knelt nearby an altar an makes a silent prayer. After she's done she raises up and looks over the garden for a last time.

- May he find peace. It is bad that an innocent soul had to fall under the blade of our suspicion.

She kneels on a cushion next to a low table and draws a shaky Kanji symbol.

OOC:

Dang you people are good.

"It is OK." Ishikawa responds "I have seen the gardens of the house of Mizuhara during this time. It should be nice to die amongst the sakura..."

Good form.

Round of applause please.

IC:

Akane and Shin stop in the corridor in front of their separate bedrooms.

"My lord," says Akane, "I fear-"

"Shh," he says, putting his finger to her lips. "With these creatures about they will undoubtably go after me soonest. Take down the strongest, first, in the quiet of the night.

"At Lord Iago's suggestion, our guards tonight are armed with weapons covered in silver. According to lore, those are best against such shape shifters.

"And, if an attack on me allows others to live, that is a good thing, though I may die."

OOC: Library computer. Next post coming up.

More later,

Vahktang

Akane holds for a while Shin's hand.

Don't speak like this, I beg you... such an honorable man as my lord shouldn't die dishonorably, torn apart by beasts of legend.

Shin makes her look at him, a kind but stern look in his eyes. Akane lowers hers .

As you wishes, my lord. But I will sleep afraid for you. Good night.

Bowing, she enters her room.

Edited by Tanuchan

With a check that though the guards' attention was everywhere their eyes were elsewhere, he gave Akane a soft, respectful kiss.

"Good night, dear lady. Sleep well, assured of protection."

He waited while she closed the screens and for her guard to sit in front of her doorway, in the ready position, weapon on knees, to wait on duty all night.

With a soft grunt of acknowledgement, he too left the corridor, and his guard assumed a similiar position across from her door.

Shin settled into his chamber, laying on his futon, his weapons at hand and ready on their stand. He was a light sleeper, but his campaign days were long ago.

Staying up all night would do no good, leaving him tired, maybe even negligent in a fight if it came to it.

'If only a few years younger...' he thought, as he had many times before.

He slept softly and lightly that night.

OOC

We've got to have a haiku party after the night phase.

Prep 'em people.

5 - 7 - 5, about the seasons.

More later,

Vahktang

Edited by Vahktang

Kinjiru-san sighed, he'd been so quick to judge and now....

Perhaps such a man would have helped discover the two wolves, being an outsider, he didn't have to worry about keeping in line with honor. He could look at us all with a common eye and not be blinded by friendship.

In fact he had been one of the best weapons of the village

and now that the deed was done....

perhaps that is why he died so early, a cunning wolf that takes out his competition in broad daylight as well. Yet more reason to be suspicious of his friends.

Perhaps he should mention it to the others....

Perhaps not, you voted for him too, he reminded himself

You are responsible for another man's death

OOC: How long do phases last exactly? I keep worrying i'll come back to find iv'e been lynched or killed by a werewolf?

:dragon4:

Kamiya Yumi looks at her kanji and nods; the situation scares her and there's not much she can do about it. She gets up and bows to everyone who remains in the room.

- I apologies if it sounds ankward but I wish you all good night.

The Geisha leaves and heads to her assigned bedroom

OOC:  How long do phases last exactly?  I keep worrying i'll come back to find iv'e been lynched or killed by a werewolf?

OOC

Day phase usually lasts 24h after the mod puts on the results of the night phase, so you have to pay attention to his post's time stamp. He is also putting a cap on its duration, so if the day phase gets extended (for lack of enough votes), it ends as soon we get 5 votes for lynching.

Night phase also lasts 24h unless the mod gets all PMs he needs before that. Then he'll put the killing scene and day phase starts again.

Hope you understood that... if not, please feel free to ask again :)

Nice roleplay of Kinjiru-san, please do keep it!!! :)

-Tanny

Not only do i think that keeping a diary is a good idea, i think it would be a great idea for everyone to keep some sort of diary, not neccesarily to show on the post but that we could reveal once the game is over, cause they'd all be pretty good reads i think, escpecially the wolves. of course if you want you can always post it anyway

Not only do i think that keeping a diary is a good idea, i think it would be a great idea for everyone to keep some sort of diary, not neccesarily to show on the post but that we could reveal once the game is over, cause they'd all be pretty good reads i think, escpecially the wolves. of course if you want you can always post it anyway

OOC Some players do keep some kind of control just not to get lost during roleplay and during the lynchings.

Now, any diary that gets posted during the game is considered part of the roleplay. Its contents will be used by anyone who can get a roleplayed explanation of how the information came to his/her hands. So I said that Elwen's idea was nice for RP opportunity. :)

Don't forget that anything that you post, unless OOC, will also be used by the wolves, both in their choice of victims and in their roleplay to remain hidden among the innocent ones. And if the Seer and the Baner reveals themselves openly, they are a potential target for the wolves. It depends really on what one plans as strategy, but it's never too much to remind that.

If Dean thinks this is a good idea, we could open another thread somewhere to keep discussing the rules for those who didn't catch it very well :) Or keep these small comments here, if it doesn't disturb too much the RPd thread. (Dean's comments here, please... )

-Tanny

Edit: Sorry, mistook Arwen for Elwen... :P Corrected that.

Edited by Tanuchan

OOC: Right, yes. Well, I shall be starting a WW Q+A area due to these responces. I'm going to give the last PMer til midnight EST til Day phase. Nextly, it's perfectly OK to keep a diary. Just anything you don't want to give away, save it fot the end.

Good job all!

The Wolfmastah!

OOC: Thanks for the PMs! And now... [Abe Simpson/] DEAAAAAATH! [/Abe Simpson]

Lord Washima meditates in his room. He is heavy with thought on who the killers are. But his guards are very alert, very loyal...

*Thump, CracK*

Washima jumps to attention as a guard is flung into his room. Beyond he sees the visage of a Hygenkyoi, not quite wolf, not quite human...

He raises his silvered blade, but feels a prick in his neck. He turns to see a half fox with a mask. A mask, it's amost humorous as Washima slips into unconciousness...

The two hygenkyoi nod to each other and set out as the guards come upon the scene...

OOC: Ha! Ninja werewolves! (OK, one wolf, one fox. Sue me) Lord Washima was innocent. It's Day Phase folks!

As morning comes, Akane kneels besides her lord's lifeless body, weeping silently and full of sorrow.

*to herself*

I have to remember that you were expecting that... and were willing to give up your life to save another innocent. Your death was most honorable... but how I wish you had awakened me with your calm smile as every morning!

My lord... I loved you dearly even if you couldn't marry me. And now our son, your heir, is deprived of your wise guidance and love... The only thing I am glad for is that he's still safe, in the Emperor's entourage.

*pauses, then slow determination comes to her eyes*

Washima Ikare, you are now head of your clan. I will keep for you the memory of your father, and will keep you safe not only for love but in his memory too. We will root this evil out before you arrive.

*looks again at Washima's body, whispering painfully*

And in your memory also, dear Lord... I will ask that your last wish be made true... You wanted a Haiku party to lighten our hearts. I will see it done.

OOC Please, in honor to our fallen Vahktang... let's go on with his Haiku idea? :) He'll be lurking around and I'm sure he'll like to see it.

As he said, 5-7-5, about Seasons.

I'll be posting mine here in a while. :wizzie:

Proud Warrior Fallen

Victim of the HygenKyoi

Moment of Silence

It saddens me to hear that the shapeshifters have mauled another victim. And I truly understand the doubt and remourse you all feel about the previous day's lynching. We are all to blame for the death of an innocent, both those of us, myself included, who cast votes against him. As well of those of you who did not cast any vote. Ishikawa-san accepted his fate with the true heart of a samuri. I hope we all may have that courage. I know in my heart of hearts that Lord Washima faught valently and was overtaken through treachery. These are the tactics of the shapeshifters. We must to root out these shapeshifters. We shall have time to mourn in a few days. their will probebly be another shapeshifter attack tonight. Let us hope that our attempts today to find them will be successful and root at least one of them out today. Let us hope that our allies in these trying times are not inadvertently named. As for last night I was retired for the night and Lord Washima's samuri would vouch for that. I did awake in the middle of the night with all the commotion of the Lords attack, but again the gaurds would vouch as for my location. Shijin-san my I be so rude as to ask about what instrument you play?

Vahktang- Shin, Washima: Strong head of the Washima Clan Victim of Wolves

Eyremon- Lord Iago: Elder Courtier

Mira- Shijin: Musician of the Biawgaku style

Lady Celes Crusader- Yumi, Kamiya: Geisha

Tanuchan- Akane, Shimizu: Head Concubine of Lord Washima

Nave- Eiji, Terauchi

dragonqueen- Hoshhiko

X-Sabre- Koun, Sawato

Damon Inferel- Kyosuke

Vlad- Inoue, Ishikawa: Blossom festival tourist First Victim of Lynching

Elwen- Hisoka: Geisha

MeThinksUFoolish- Kinjiru-San (Son of a Paddy Farmer)

RedChef- (Unknow Name) Master chef of the emperor's court. Known as the Iron Chef!

Death is lighter than a feather and duty heavier than a mountain. Hisoka reads back over one of the proverbs written in her diary. Though she stoically refuses to show any emotion, as is her wont, the news of Lord Washima's death has shocked her greatly.

Duty is heavier than a mountain. those words catch her eye again.

There are many kinds of duty, the geisha knows. Each has its own price to pay...

Justice will be done. she writes, before closing the book (after letting the ink dry) and putting it under her pillow.

She gets up in a swirl of silk, and goes to find Akane, who she knows is grieving, to offer silent comfort, as much as she can.

"Lord Washima's death was a dishonor. The bite was at the back of the neck where he hadn't seen it coming. We truly were dealing with animals." Eiji spoke.

"Then we must fight back like animals,” Kinjiru-san yelled, drawing his sword for emphasis, "My time is grieving is over, I want the beast that killed my father."

"Calm down, Calm down," Iron Chef told him. "This is not a foe you can fight with your sword." He eased Kinjiru-san into a chair. "We must fight with our minds."

"Lord Iago was on the right track when he told us where he was last night," Eiji said, sweeping the room with his eyes, "Everyone should tell their story of last night."

All of the eyes moved to Kinjiru-san almost automatically. "What, Don't look at me like that," He moved uneasily in his chair, "I had a long talk with Iron Chef before going to my room. I lit a candle for my father and went to bed.”

The room remained quiet. “I’d like to hear someone else’s story” Kijiru-san said.

:dragon4:

Kyosuke Kagashima (kah-ga-shih-muh) stares blankly at the ceiling above him, recounting the events of the day. "Hn... even in innocence, we still executed him. There is not another way?" He rises to his feet, and begins stretching. Even though he is a politician for the Japanese government, he has no need ot become as those in America... "Pigs..." he mutters out loud.

He has not yet heard of Lord Washima's untimely and treacherous demise. But, after his stretches, the news is brought to him. He dismisses the messanger. "Hn... Lord Washima? I see, so he was innocent too. I was near thinking him next, due to a possible abuse of power. Those who fear him cannot vote against him." He shook his head violently. "What am I saying? He was one of the few respectable members of power left."

He looked up at the sun as it rose beyond the sakura orchard. "Forgive me for thinking like that. I suppose it was hasty of me..." He steels himself once again, for an other day. "Another to be condemned to death today. While the deaths are honorable, I still cannot see the fact that we are sentencing them so... abrubtly. There is no honor in executing an innocent." He scratches his head. "honor takes on such a new meaning these days..."

Edit: upon arriving at the next meeting, Kinjiru-san is making an inquiry. "Ah, I a happy to see somebody taking on a more reasonable approach to this. blindly killing each other to simply 'weed out' our foe is wrong. Thank you Kinjiru-san, and please forgive me for accusing you. I did not have the time to think it through."

"If you would like to know where I was last night, I was studying. Regretfully, i am assisting the Americans in shipment of new weapons. I would not do it under my own will, but it is my duty to the Emperor... In any case, I was studying the trade routes and tabulating shipment expenses last night before i retired. As I recieved the news this morning, I do not know when Lord Washima was slain, so i cannot say where i was at a certain time. I believe it was very early morning when i retired to bed."

Edited by Damon Inferel