The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

All you East Coasters okay?

Salinye

All ok here in the coastal state of California. Though its not the East Coast, I thought Id let you all know I am doing ok.. I actually have so much more time on my hands.. ( Quit work and have less than a month before Boot Camp ).. Well Chit Chat later. I have a softball game to go too.. Ciao

:penguin:

K, that was SO NOT FUN!!!!!!! <_<

Big BBQ at my house. All the meat that defrosted is now being bbq'd! I've got steak, pork chops, fish, chicken, hamburgers, roast...the list just keeps on going and going! hehe. So if you're in the area, and you're hungry, just stop on in. We're doing so much cooking though, that we're not making anything BUT meat. So bring your own side dishes etc.

Well, actaully the state of Georgia was somewhat affected....at least the Atlanta airport was. The scary local news people kept going on and on about how backed up the airport was for people trying to get a flight to places in and around New York. But other than that things were so calm this far south that I didn't even *know* about the blackout until about three hours after it happened when I chanced to flip past CNN and see the headlines.

Unfortunately, the education, public health, broadband internet, road and water systems are in poor shape, with all money that should be channeled into fixing them being instead used to pay for fridgemagnets which inform the populace of what to do in the event of Terrorists unleashing msblast on the power grid, plunging the city into darkness.

Oh good the magnets are on their way!! And I was getting worried, too. Usually they have them out no more than a day after possible terrorist actions.

But seriously now, you do have a point. But then you know that politicians would have gone to great lengths to make sure that those public works projects were neglected, at least now they have an excuse which they can build up to seem halfway true in the eyes of the uninformed public.

Yes it was horrible and I still have reminder of it when I visit my folks. The town scraped the ice away from the sidewalks and the street because it was outright dangerous, some place, the scratchs of the digging machine are still seen. But at least we wre lucky compared to others at it lasted only three days (others were stuck for weeks witout power).