The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Analogies 6

Salinye

"In some remote corner...of the universe there was one a star on which clever animals invented knowledge. It was the most arrogant and mendacious moment of 'universal history' ..."

-Nietzsche

Religion stems from knowledge.

(of course, this is opinionated, as is everyone elses comments)

Edited by James

• 3 weeks later...

Religion is like High School.

There's a lot of crap out there, but if you look really hard, and you can put up with the people who take themselves and their opinions too seriously, you can find something worthwhile.

Likewise, both should be taken with a certain amount of salt.

Alaeha struggles to rein in a smile which threatens to run rampant, sending her into a fit of laughter.

Ok... I'm fine. I was saying that Religious Doctrine and High School Education should both be taken with a bit of salt, which is to say Skepticism. I refer, of course, to the doctrine which is given, unsupported, by a fellow human. Humans are, after all, prone to making mistakes.

Crap, on the other hand, should be taken with a shovel, and placed in a field some place. Or alternatively, if in the form of young children's diapers, it can be placed in a trash compactor, placed in a very strong garbage bag, and dropped on the capital of an enemy nation during times of war.

Though I have suspicions that such an attack would be considered use of Biological Weaponry, and be in violation of the Geneva Convention.

My apologies for the disturbance and confusion.