The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

(first) Role-Call

Peredhil

Guest Brute3

A pale hand shoots up from the back of the room and waves about. "Hullo! I'm here," exclaims Brute. Setting down the papers loosely strewn around him, he rises from his seat and pads forward. A smile creases his colorless face. "Allow me to speak also for my short and grumpy dwarf friend, Jarom Stormbrow. He isn't available at the moment, but will most definately show from time to time."

Brute nods as his name is taken by the scribes and moves back to a corner, quietly sipping ale while occasionally making notes to the papers in front of him.

Brute

O Drunken One

angello angelO Engeila Engelka Engelmai Engelthen

looks up, is clearly surpised to see you looking at him

OHh! Umm, hello, umm how are you doing? I would love to stay and talk, but unfortunately these mut all be memorized in twenty minutes.

looks back down

apokteino apoktenO apokteina apoktona..

----------

I want to be page 93 of Pineapples, the Avian Crows-Nyyark

Guest ArawnD

I visit although my postings are limited, I feel inclined to reply. "I'm here." and once more step back into the shadows.

The Mad King

I'll let this run about one more week.

Then I'll start removing old users and request a list of “Stationary” to be implemented.

This is for ease of administration and your status will be restated if you ever post again.

Thanks

Jechum

Jechum Newbie, Mage of Shadows

the Pen is Mightier than the Sword - Lore Master

Guest Lord Seth Exodus

The back doors of the tavern creek loudly as they open ever so slightly. A muffeld voice is heard just outside cursing the rusty hinges. A regal figure slinks in through the crack in the door and shuffles along the wall. He pulls his tall, black top-hat lower to conceal his features; though, the tux, tails and cane declare his identity to all that know him.

"Seth!!" Justin Silverblade announces boomingly. "There you are! I thought you were lost, or wouldn't show up at any rate." The now red-faced Seth Exodus pulls sharply on the would-be knight's collar, bringing him crouching near the wall.

"Keep you'r voice down, would you! Do you know how long it's been since I've posted? I've been able to avoid Wyvren and Ozy this long, but the lizard is getting closer, and I have only so much geld." Seth's voice was high and desperate. "If I can just get my name on that list, I can get out of here, I can get some work done." Looking around wildly, Seth searches for any elders, or other authority figures.

Suddenly, a thought stikes Seth. * If I start a bar-fight, that'll be distraction enough for me to get my name on that list* Seth turns to Justin, "Forgive me for what I'm about to do, my friend," Seth whispers to Justin, as he stands to his full hieght. "WHY NO, JUSTIN, I DO NOT THINK BHURIN'S FATHER WAS BIG BIRD AND HIS MOTHER A DERANGED PEACOCK!" The entire tavern falls silent as Seth shouts at the top of his lungs. "HOW DARE YOU SAY SUCH THINGS OF MY GOOD FRIEND!" With that Seth draws back and punches Justin square in the jaw. A sickening crunch is heard, and Justin stands slightly confused as he looks down at Seth cradeling his hand and howling in pain.

All eyes are now on Seth as he stands red-faced in the awkward silence. "*SIGH!*" Turning to the scribe he mutters, "Seth Exodus... E,X,O,D,U,S... Initiate, and a complete ass." With that Seth slinks off for the door, still cradeling his hand.

-Seth Exodus

Guest Isachar HC

Isachar trudges through the Cabaret Room, conjures up a nice, pink couch, and slumps into it. A small, dark cloud trails him in, settling itself just above the pink couch before releasing a torrent of rain unheard of for such a small cloud.

Isachar gazes upward at the cloud impassively. Finally, he drops his head and starts massaging his temples, grumbling about life in general.

"I'm still here," he mutters as an afterthought.

"The stationary thing?"

Zool's painted eyes roll up to the ceilling, appearing to ponder something before looking back down at the scene before him. "You didn't get the stationary thing?"

Zool looks left and right nervously, a painted hand absently scratching his painted head. "Ha-ha-ha. Of course I got the stationary thing... I,err... of course."

Zool's head cocks to one side as he resumes his thoughtful expression, brows furrowed, tongue slightly protruding. It's hard to tell through the swirls of chromozool paint, but just the faintest whisps of oil smoke can be seen puffing from his ears...

~Zool~

Ancient, The Pen is Mightier than the Sword.

Bard of Terra, Patron Saint of Aspiring Bards.

Elder than dirt, more foolish than a jester, able to trip over the smallest logic in a single step. It's... Oh, you know.

As Zool says, OF course we all got that, what I don't get is when you said it had taken you a week The was yesterdy-sort week. ----------

I want to be page 93 of Pineapples, the Avian Crows-Nyyark

The others now notice that Ozymandias' chair is quite empty. Before anyone can comment, a distant, deranged bellow of " GET BACK HERE!" can be heard through the windows, followed by a faint, childish cry of "wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEE!"

A stray lolly seems stuck to Ozymandias' chair.

Rewinding back in time a bit...

"Thank you, Milady,", he says brightly as he attacks Lady Celes' gift.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Balladore

*A druid steps forward nervously, obviously worried that he's too late to count for the roll call*

Errmm... yes... Sorry If I'm too late... but I am here and posting, as you all know!

*Balladore twirls his staff nervously, waiting to see if he will be reprimanded...*

*the fires flicker and fade in the darkness, and they cast lengthening shadows, one of which stops moving. Cioden steps out of the non-moving shadow and strides over to where they are collecting roll call things and starts writing names*

Lesse here, there's me, Kain Cabot, Falcon Darkwing, Trystan Darshere, Gharan Tolin, Durin Vance, William Azunost, and I think that's about it...Hmm...

*Turns and strides out*

Cioden Darkeye

Quill-Bearer - The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

President of the Peredhil Fan Club

Owner of the Reply Raven - Enemy to all those who never post responses

Ashaman - WoT - Blitz II

Council - The Hunters - Blitz II

Leisure Officer - SFV Ultima - Beta

Guest Valdar and Astralis

Found hidden in the cobweb filled room of Valdar

To the one who finds this letter;

Please feed the giant flower in the next room, which can be acessed by touching the book labeled "Journals of Ak'albar" on the bottom shelve of the north-easterd quardant of my room, every two days. A rampaging, hungry plant in the pen keep will be MOST annoying.

As you may have noticed, I am not present in the pen's community. The book "Rift Mechanics and the forgotten planes", top shelve, on the southwest quardarnt, will explain the details, and methods of contacting me, though it may be beyond the power of those currently here.

Suffice to say, my recent experiments in breeching into the planar cluster known only as "Norrath" with the dreamer have been sucessful, and we have crossed the boundary. The rift took considerable effort to create, but we are resting on the other side of the barrier now. Probes have alerted us to the presence of more than two dozen "powers" contained within the cluster. This explains the difficulty we had in entering the plane cluster, I have NEVER seen, in my short (compared to my companion) life seen so many powers concentrated in a single sphere.

Tommorow, we shall send out peaceful messangers to these powers, though the dreamer disagrees. He is more content to-

The rift closes, I will have to end my letter here, with hope that we may yet return one day.

-Valdar