The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

(first) Role-Call

Peredhil

Orchestra Cresendo. An off-stage voice announces...

Mighty Pen Role-Call... Sound off NOW!

Peredhil dances out from behind the curtain, wearing a gucci suit and Mickey Mouse ears.

The camera zooms in on his unrealistically clean healthy face and he shouts with a musical smile,

Peredhil!

As the camera swoops to the next face, he mutters, still smiling,

"Well... it worked for Annette and Brittany..."

Celes was taking her usual morning break at her café when she reads a makeshift flyer that was found on every tables.

Role-call? I'm not sure what is this all about but it sounds fun. I'm in it

Celes remembers though that she still have her Quill-Quest to do and that she had yet to reach Foe Caliber.

Guest Signe Green

*Signe looks up from the couch where she has been being fed peeled grapes by one member of her harem, another member serving as a self warming footstool, and she reads the notice that yet another harem member holds in front of her.* Role call? I'd best respond! *she rises to her feet and watches as the nekkid young men in the room all dive onto their stomachs so that she can walk along their backs. She rolls her eyes, sidesteps the "carpet" and goes upstairs to the rolecall*

Signe's Homepage

The air shimmers near one of the blank walls in the Cabaret Room. Near the center of the ellipse, a form begins to take shape...

Crouched behind a strange black box huddles a figure in odd-looking clothes...

"Damnit! I have to provide an Order of Magnitude Estimate for a simple form revision?!?!?! Who the hell is running this friggin show? Clinton?!?!?!"

The strangely familiar man continues to bang away at the flat piece of plastic below his hands and peers into the glass and plastic box before him...

"I knew I should have told that bastard 'No Thanks'..."

A small beep announces an incoming message...

"Ah, time for a refreshing pause..."

The harried being (known as a programmer) sits back and activates his messaging software....

"Hrmm... yet another Roll Call?"

He sighes heavily and begins to type....

The air shimmers near one of the blank walls in the Cabaret Room. Near the center of the ellipse...

I'm a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four...

Herald for The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword

I would like to do a role-call. All members who visit this site please post something (anything) in this thread.

This will enable the Elders to clean up the user lists.

Members/Initiates who don’t respond will be moved over from the Pen Member and Title List to Pen Membership Stationary List until such time when they post again.

Jechum Newbie, Mage of Shadows

the Pen is Mightier than the Sword - Lore Master

Guest Zephryin

* Zzzzzz...*

A faint sound registers to Zephryin, the would-be knight, as he sleeps, but he rolls over, ignoring it.

* Zzz....*

Hey, killing monsters is a tough business.

"Need" slurp "To" slurp "Unwind" slurp "A bit, first.", mutters Ozymandias inbetween swigs of espresso. He tosses the empty mug onto the very precarious-looking pile that is already higher than his head. An attentive waitress wordlessly slides him a fresh mug and smoothly strides away, all in the same motion. She knew better than to stop before he was done.

What? You don't drink coffee to relax?

The oddly-dressed man behind the plastic box recoils in sudden horror as the image of Belizean in his black thong suddenly adorns the glowing screen in front of him and a loud siren begins to scream a warning to the all-powerful "SYSADMINS" who dispatch the horribly efficient digital enforcers to block the vulnerable little messenger-packets on their neverending trek to and from the other boxes that speed them on their way while deep within the leviathan known as the "CORPORATE LAN" a small group of freedom fighters pool their resources and prepare to launch their IPX revolution.

"ARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!! They're coming to get me! HELP!!!!"

"Who is it Jakob? Who is after you?!?!?!"

"It's the squirrels... they're after me... they think I'm NUTS!"

I'm a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four...

Herald for The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword

*flutters her wings and floats down gently to the earth and clears her throat*

I know I havent' been around much, but I'm trying to polish this darn tarnished halo! *sigh* nothing is working though...I don't mind the black wings too much, but the tarnished halo, this I can't live with!

*yawns, brings her wings forward to cover herself, and lays down on the bed of black feathers*

someone wake me if they know how to make my halo bright and shiny again....

Guest Minta Rose

A green LCD display on the front of Dr. Tzimfemmestien's deep-freeze, door number four, indicated trouble.

Tzimfemme addressed the unit, "Alright, who hacked into Starbot this time*? I'll bet he's been converted into a Counter-strike server again. . ." she added to herself, unlocking his drawer and sliding it open. Chilled vapor spilled out and gave her goosebumps. She pressed his reset button.

"Meep," the Starbot reported. "Squirrels. . .(whirr whirr whirr, before the fan finally settled down). . .Meep meep swoosh. . .Jakob missing. . ."

Looking siddenly dismayed, Tzimfemme rushed to the spare drawer and defrosted Jakob, hanging him by the straitjacket's carrying handle upon a coatrack, plugging in a hair-dryer set to "3", and melting the freezer-burn off of him with care.

*A favorite pasttime of bored clones who just don't want to hibernate any longer. They've all done it at one point or another--I had to remove the outside network cable ages ago, but the LAN was essential to the deep-freeze's operation.

--Tzimfemme

Celes looks over Ozymandias and laughs at his question.

-"Bien sûr mon cher!", she replies, "Coffee is a mean of relaxation. although that espresso is a bit to condense in my taste. If I want to relaxe, I enjoy Mocaccinos, Cappuccinos, Lattes humm... well not often as I prefer the chocolatly taste of the "ccinos". Oooo... there's also the Orange Moccaccinos, the Hot Cocoas."

She gets up and grabs a bag of coffee beans dipped in dark chocolate and hands if over the founder.

-"These, on ther other hand", she adds, "are my favorite candies."

The Frenchie opens the bag and offers Ozymandias to pick some. The Ancient takes one and taste it. It reminds him of the taste of an espresso with dark chocolate. It wasn't too soon that he reclaims the whole bag and serves himself. The waitress takes the numerous coffee mugs and plates away after she served him another espresso. Celes sits back at her table where her cat Carbonne joigns her.

Guest DoctorEvil65

Jechum,

The Doctor refuses to comply with this outrageous demand. The Doctor is not a marionette that responds to posts just because you say so. The Doctor refuses to bow to peer pressure.........

Sincerely,

DoctorEvil

Guest Cheye69

Dr. Evil,

I must inform you that in your attempt not to comform you did just that. Your Evil Scheme has once again been foiled by powers greater than your own.

Sincerly,

Cheyenne

Bhurin walks triumphantly forward, standing firmly in the middle of the crowd. Suddenly he throws his arms out and shouts as loud as his mighty lungs could bear;

"KABOOM!"

Bhurin nods then, obviously satisfied with his action. Slowly he receeds back, satisfaction dancing across his dark his and white smile.

*Scene fades in to show a young man in cahinmaill and a leather breach holding a microphone. in the background is an imposing castle.*

"Flash! This is Skip Quiklee reporting from the front of the Mighty Pen Keep. This reporter recieved an anonymous tip just moments ago that the often thick but rarely ever seen once current founder but always Ancient 'Zool' will pass by here to answer to the Roll-call that has drawn characters from all across the omniverses. My sources say he will be here any second."

*Skip moves to the side as the camera pans slightly to center on the great gates of the Mighty Pen Keep.*

The seconds tick by.

*Some minutes later...*

Skip holds his hand up in front of the camera blotting out all the light except for pinkish smudges around the corners. "Aah forget it $%!#@&!*..."

The screen goes black.

~Zool~

Ancient, The Pen is Mightier than the Sword.

Bard of Terra, Patron Saint of Aspiring Bards.

Elder than dirt, more foolish than a jester, able to trip over the smallest logic in a single step. It's... Oh, you know.

Snickering to himself evily, Wyvern silently waits in the dark corner he'd been crouching in located directly above the Pen gathering room and takes a long sip from his Endless Decanter. He had decided to see how long he could wait hidden before the Elders started getting frustrated that he hadn't shown up, at which point he'd surprise them by appearing at that very moment... Feeling a bit cramped, Wyvern decides to silently move a quarter of an inch from his current position. Big mistake... The unsturdy roofing on which he crawls breaks and comes undone underneath him, and the overgrown lizard lets out a cry as he falls to the chamber below him. He lands directly on the tray of a waitress that had been about to serve two active customers coffee...

"Excuse me waitress..." mumbles Ozymandias looking at the tray "... but we are not paying for that Wyvern."

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is one big crime, I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Guest Foe Calibur

Walking in a steady circle, seemingly unaware of the realm he resides

"Huh? Wha... ?" The noises about his break through his trance, "I had a horrible dream... something called 'Real Life'..."

Foe shakes his head

"Uh... I'm here..." Foe looks around him dazed.