The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Only the Finest in Feline Festivities

Wyvern

Wyvern paces through the Cabaret Room with a lengthy parchment in claw, scratching his horns and twisting his snout as he double-checks each of the party details one more time. The overgrown lizard walks down the red carpet that extends from the Cabaret entrance to the wide banquet table and catnip bar in the back, pausing to inspect the large heart-shaped cake that rests there. He dips a claw into the orange and black striped icing to give it a taste, careful not to knock over any of the extra bright candles as he smacks his lips over the chocolaty goodness. He straps a pointy party hat to one of his horns, then grabs a tall glass of Bruteweiser from the table and moves over to the Mynx and CheerMynx shrines that have been set up along the adjacent Cabaret wall.

The Mynx shrine sports dark and elegant colors, with cheap replicas of various daggers and magical scrolls, a rustic coffee cup, and even a few inches of film reel all organized in a manner combined to look something like a tiger face. A few feathers from various types of birds are scattered around the shrine, maybe meant to represent former prey or maybe meant to hint at the bonds of close friends. To the right of the Mynx shrine stands the CheerMynx shrine, overflowing with bright and glossy colors, a full assortment of claw polishes, fancy combs and fur brushes arranged in a makeup booth fit for a celebrity of the Almost Intern caliber. A calendar of Wyvern doodle CheerMynx picture pin-ups hangs loosely over the shrine while a keg of Bruteweiser and a long drinking tube have been set up underneath it. Wyvern crosses his arms and nods as he looks over the displays, checking over his parchment with a keen reptilian eye.

“Sssspinky.” Wyvern signals to the troglyodyte with a claw, stepping away from the CheerMynx shrine and whapping a few sparkly birthday pompoms with his tail in the process. “What’s the ssstatus on the evening entertainment? Did ya manage to find a celebrity football team willing to sign autographs?”

“Well, yeah…” Spinky races up alongside Wyvern as he walks. “But the only team available was The Blind Kick-Orcs from Grogh. They were the one team who were disqualified this early in the season and thus free to-”

“The Blind Kick-Orcsss? How’re they supposssed to sign autographs?! I mean, besides being blind, I doubt they ever learned how to write.” Wyvern grumbles and halts at a table with various styles of gift wrap laid across it. He picks out a roll of wrapping paper with little pictures of Snuffles dotted over it and turns it in his claws. “How about music? Did we get thossse bards that CheerMynx is really into, the Ultramagnetically Attractive Masters of Sorcery?”

Spinky frowns and slowly shakes his head.

“They were booked… spell booked, even. We ended up settling for the Goblin Banjo Buckaroos, though you’ll be happy to know that they’re within our budget range. They work for dead rats.”

“Guess I’ll have to contact the Grim Squeaker...” Wyvern lets out a long sigh as he sets down a jagged granite club with an “M” scratched onto its front. He rolls the weapon over the wrapping paper until it starts to look like a giant Almost Dragonic Brand Pebblish Spitball,™ then tops the crumpled mess with a little birthday ribbon. “At least tell me we managed to get some sort of entertainment for the evening?”

“Well, yes, but those professional knive-juggling flame breathers you wanted weren’t willing to work for an Almost Dragonic cause. So I think we’ll have to go with Pinky the Clown.”

“Pinky the Clown?” Wyvern snorts and starts packaging a heart-shaped handy bag filled with fan mail and beauty catalogues, which has the initials “CM” emblazoned on it in glitter font. The overgrown lizard tears and tapes gift wrap left and right. “Who’sss Pinky the Clown?”

Wyvern puts the finishing pink ribbon on his second gift and pats it so that the mess of packaging resembles a vaguely square shape, then turns to Spinky to repeat his question. The overgrown lizard finds himself tongue-tied when he sees that the troglyodyte is now wearing a red clown nose and carrying a banana cream pie.

“I take it yer gonna need back-up…?” Wyvern groans as Spinky/Pinky slowly nods, then starts shooing the troglyodyte away with a claw. “Fine. I’ll get the white scale paint, some prosthetic mime armsss, and a pack of Almost Dragonic Brand Trick Flaying Cards™. Now go practice! And remember – no seltzer water gagsss. Only booze spray, thank ya very much.”

Wyvern watches Spinky/Pinky scurry off, then grumbles to himself and sets his two gifts on their appropriate shrines respectively. He grins to himself over the set-up, then scratches his chin over where to find some new scale paint… and more importantly, what the best spot to pounce and hugtackle Mynx from might be.

;-)

OOC: Since it's Monday NZ time, Happy Birthday Mynx! I hope that you have a really great one, and that you continue to have really great ones for many years to come. And 8 additional lives worth of ones after that! All the best.

Aurora walks into the room carrying a box wrapped in silver paper with, what can only be described as an explosion of multi-colored ribbons on top and a slightly smaller box wrapped in ruby red wrapping paper. She flits the lid on the silver box and gently blows into the box, after which the sounds of " Hiya! Hiya!" can be heard coming from the box. Placing the lid back on top, she walks to one of the shrines and gently places the box down. In the card she quickly writes: Happy Birthday Mynx. I hope you enjoy the gift I was able to get for you. Not too many people can say they have their own personal Living Origami Kung Fu Squirrels. Best Birthday wishes! Love, Aurora"

Next she takes the Ruby red box, placing it on the other shrine and writes on that card: To CheerMynx, this gift was a rare find indeed. Inside you will find a hand mirror. Now this isnt just any hand mirror, all you have to do is glance at and say: "Scales, Tails, Horns and Snout; Show me where Wyvern is lurking about." And then you will be able to see where our ever so adventurous reptile is and what possible trouble hes getting himself into. It's like watching a soup opera with your personal friends as the characters. Very entertaining! Happy Birthday! Love, Aurora"

After signing the card and placing it on the box, she takes a nice look around the room and grins.

"Hey Wyvern! Nice job on the Decorations..." She suddenly stops and suspisiously glances around the room and then eyes the reptile. "Somethings not going to explode and maim anyone.....will it?"

Edited by AuroraAoD

Racouol walks in an looks at all the decorations all around. "Whats with all the decorations?"

Wyvern turns to Racouol. "Itsss Mynx birthday." he answered.

"Really?" Racouol then started digging in his pockets. In short order several large piles of various junk littered the floor.

"What are you doing!!!" Wyvern shouted as he watched the piles of junk multiply "Get rid of it now!!"

Racouol looked up "I guess you are right, help me put everything back." After several minutes the room was removed of all the junk piles. "hmm, seeing as I can not find a gift I guess I could always sing a birthday song" Everyone nearby froze and turned pale. Quickly they recovered and tackled Racouol.

The next thing Racouol remembered was waking up with his hands and feet tied and he was gagged. Wyvern was standing over him "I'm sssorry we have to do thissss. We will free you after the party." Racouol watched Wyvern leave and close the closet door.

OOC: Happy Birthday Mynx

For several minutes, there is the occasional loud "Clang" of hammer striking anvil. Then, there is silence for a short while, before Sir Ordolar enters, carrying a large cake, with the words "Happy Birthday Cheermynx" spelled out on top. The cake is already sliced, and when Ordolar puts it on the table, a nearby servant takes a slice. The servant bites down, then grimaces as his teeth strike a metallic surface. Ordolar then apologises: "Sorry, it's a model of a cake, in various metals, NOT a real cake. This one should be a cake to remember..."

OOC: Happy birthday

'too busy, toobusy, gargh,' Sweetcherrie was mumbling too herself as she walked past the Cabaret Room. From inside she heard party noises, and for a moment she considered to wander in. Unfortunately she still had a list from here to Tokyo of things she had to do, so she wouldn't have time to stay and party along anyway.

She picked a piece of paper from her pocket and wrote something on it. Then she folded it into a small airplane and threw it into the room, where it neatly landed....in Mynx's eye.

Mynx growled softly, and picked up the already half unfolded airplane.

'Happy birthday! Sweetcherrie,' it read.

The feline looked up, but Sweetcherrie had already disappeared again.

June tenth. Excellent..

Standing dead center in the Library, Ozymandias threw his head back and bared his teeth in a feral grin. Arms outstretched, he made strange twitching motions with his fingers, as if playing an unseen stringed instrument in each hand; and things began to happen.

Books rocketed forward into the air from the resting places on the thousands of shelves, flew forward many feet, and began spinning in circle after after circle after misaligned circle around the inside of the Library.

Round and round they spun, ever faster, each circle above the last spinning in the opposite direction, until a tornado roared in all of its fury inside the Pen's most cherished works.

People all over the keep looked to he building in wonder and trepidation, wondering what the mad howl was.

Without warning, the roof of the Library twisted away and catapulte dinto the air high above the keep, a maelstrom of wind and paper and leather bindings issuing forth, and away to an unknown land.

The roof corkscrewed back down and landed with a reverberating thud- returned to its' original place with no damage.

Elsewhere, a young woman stares wearily a computer screen. Her eyes and set of jaw are the only things that show her strain. Heaving a small sigh, her mind returns to the task at hand, and she raises her hands to the keyboard once more, but they never reach it.

From the corner of her eye, she spots a funnel cloud flying at her window- horizontally, point first. She only had time to tense herself to leap from her chair for shelter before it hit.

A thunderous explosion rocked the countryside, and girl and tornado were gone.

Elsewhere still, she found herself utterly unharmed, being carried through the air in the arms of one of the last people she expected to see in her homeland, let alone soaring through the air at the center of a storm, on immense wings of book pages.

He looked into her eyes briefly, before turning back to their flight path. His smiling eyes were a greyer blue than the ocean that rushed past beneat them as he suddnely grinned openly, and said, "Want to get away for a while?"

"Where...?" was the first thing she got out.

"Columbia, I was thinking.", he continued, letting his grin settle into a smirk "I can hear the coffee plantations calling us from here- not to mention the plethora of cocaine merchants in need of a good ass kicking.

How about it?"

(Happy Birthday! =^-^=)