The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Return from a Siesta

It was like waking from a slumber.

Not a dream, a sleep, a nap, a coma, a daydream, or any other thing. A slumber was, without a doubt, the best way to explain it. Light and airy, fulfilling in the way that a choclate is. Lulled into it, from a contented state - not knowing exactly what moment sweet snoozing invaded, nor for what cause.

And now, gentle awakening is the course. Remembering, with a shiver, the joys of moving from rest to experience.

There are lots of changes since I've been here last. Hello to everyone I knew before and remember this lurker's name. Hello to everyone that's new to me! Have patience with me, it'll take a while before I feel familiar with the community again, but I'm hoping to contribute on a regular basis once I've got my feet back on solid ground again.

Cheers!

- Justin Silverblade

Edit - Oh Gods! I'm a Weenie! The horror!

Edited by Justin Silverblade

Wyvern slithers into the Cabaret Room with an Almost Dragonic Brand Ogre Alphabet Ouija Board™ in one claw and a half-finished sheet of its poetry byproduct in the other.

"Lessee... would the proper grammar for this stanza be 'GUH rev,' or 'rev HGU'? Anyone?"

Wyvern pauses at the center of the Cabaret Room and perks his head up at the sight of Justin Silverblade. The overgrown lizard grins from horn to horn and rubs his eyes to make sure he isn't seeing things, then prances towards the long-lost Pen scholar and extends a claw.

"Jussssstin!" Wyvern grabs Mr. Silverblade's hand and shakes it firmly. "Great to see 'round these parts again. How's tricks? I wouldn't worry about your lil' Weenie award by the way, our policy on those has changed for the better over the course of your absence."

"Oh?" Justin smirks as Wyvern finally stops shaking his hand. "How so?"

"Well, it'sss now pronounced 'Wyveenie,' and automatically implies that you're part of my lowly underlings program. Congratulationsss!" Wyvern reaches into his sack and pulls out a Mickey-mouse style horn hat and a faded cardboard "Underling #257" nametag. He hands Justin the paraphernalia, then digs into his sack again until he finds a rusted sowing machine and a small piece of string. "For your first task, you are to sow me a golden bathrobe using this Almost Dragonic Brand Scorpion Needle Sowing Striker™ and this single piece of plain thread. No 'Summon Rumpelstiltskin' spells allowed. You have exactly fifteen hours, or rather fourteen hours and fifty minutes since this conversation has been counting towards the time limit. Now get a move on... it's great to have you back. I expect resssults!"

;-p

Thanks, Lords, Ladies and Almost Dragons for the warm welcome (even if in some cases it is one that comes with indentured requirements).

Wyv - I'll get right on that, though I make no assurances as to my particular definition or understanding of the following words within your request: golden, bathrobe, hours, minutes, fourteen, fifteen, fifty, time, or limit. As well, you should keep in mind that once finished, it will also count as credit towards a belated birthday gift for you.

Cheers and beers everyone (except those of you that are under-age in your respective countries, in which case, double cheers for you)!

- Justin

PS - a thought I had as well, I may desire to change my handle "Justin Silverblade" in the future to something else, but would rather not start a whole new account. Can this be achieved?