The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Birthday Breakfast

Ayshela

Ayshela taps gently on HappyBuddha's door, mindful of the early hour and not wishing to awake him in a fright. "Good morning," she carols to the sleepy face appearing around the door. "I know it's early, but you really need to see this!"

HappyBuddha protests as he's pulled down to the Cabaret Room. "But it's early! I'm still half asleep. I'm not dressed for - whatever this is!" As they stop in front of the Cabaret Room door he suddenly remembers he'd fallen asleep reading, so at least he IS fully dressed, even if rumpled.

Ayshela reaches as high as she can to cover his eyes, but realizing she can't reach simply asks him to close his eyes and promise to keep them closed until she says it's okay. Promise given, she leads him on a weaving path through the tables and chairs and carefully seats him before telling him, "Okay. Now you can look."

HappyBuddha opens his eyes. They widen as he stares down the tables. Three tables have been pushed together, each piled with a wide variety of breakfast foods in such quantities that he'd still be eating at dinner next day to finish it all!

With a wistful smile he looks up and asks, "There doesn't happen to be an extra three hours' sleep here, does there?"

OOC: :D *tacklehugs* Happy Birthday, hon! Hope the next year is gentle to you, yet as enlightening as the last has been!

There is a knock at the door. It is not readily heard over the music (and buffet), so no-one answers until three hours later, upon which a thirty-foot tall, ninety-foot diameter birthday cake is discovered three feet shy of the door.

"Help...", it says plaintively.

Ozymandias, meanwhile, hasn't been seen all day.

Peredhil considers the cake carefully after hearing its plea until he finds the spot where the frosting needs smoothing. Carefully fixing the rough spot, he nods in Polite satisfaction and presents Happy Budda with his gift, a Peredhil-ish Hug of Approval ™

Happy happy!

HappyBuddha pauses from the eating, a leg-sized piece of cake suspended in his gigantic fist

"Thangf yoo aw so muts" he shouts happily, pausing to swallow before continuing

"I think you'reve actually made my dream from last night come true!"

With that, he bites into the cake and proceeds with laborious task, proceeding at a pace that would put Japanese World Eating Champion Takeru Kobayashi to shame.

Thank you all so much! You're all terrificly sweet and far too affectionate for a stony-heart like me! I feel tadpoles fluttering in my arteries! I think that's a good thing! :P

A scaly claw reaches from under the breakfast table as Happybuddha continues chowing down on his 19-course meal. It scratches the wooden surface with quick pats until it comes in contact with a large crumb dropped from a gigantic piece of buttered toast that Happybuddha is munching on. The claw snatches the crumb and disappears back under the table, only to reappear a few minutes later, closer to the full hog bacon platter this time. The claw and Happybuddha's hand reach for the sizzling bacon at the same time, and Happybuddha grunts over the hefty weight of the pig. He pauses, however, as he notices Wyvern hanging from one of the hog's hooves.

"H-Happy Birthday Happybuddha." Wyvern slowly exhales as Happybuddha lowers the hog, and hops off onto stable ground. "Hope yer having a great one, I just thought I'd stick around here as a vacuum for any leftovers that reached the floor, y'know?"

Wyvern lets out an awkward laugh, then quickly turns and pulls out what appears to be a leftover plank from his Almost Dragonic Brand Semi-Authentic Akashan Ink Well™ cart with a little bow wrapped around its jagged end.

"I brought ya this Almost Dragonic Brand Semi-Authentic Akashan Giant Buddhist Toothpick™ for when you finish your meal." Wyvern sets the gift down near Happybuddha's spot at the table and flashes a toothy grin. "It'll easily glide between yer teeth thanksss to the extra transparent ink that covers it. Same ink that's used in manufacturing Almost Dragonic Brand Semi-Authentic Akashan Giant Christian Toothpicks™ and Almost Dragonic Brand Semi-Authentic Akashan Giant Jewish Toothpicks™, actually..."

;-)

OOC: Happy Birthday Happybuddha. :-) Hope you had a great one.