The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Falling from the sky...

OOC: First half of this post can be found here.

Stoomp woke up, bathing in soft light, but was not able to move. He was wrapped in something soft and glowing, and it felt good, and he almost wanted to turn around again to sleep some more, when a soft voice spoke to him.

“You’re granted a second life, use it well.”

The glow disappeared, and for a moment Stoomp felt alone. The sounds that had been subdued, came back, and he felt himself falling into a shaft of colours. He fell and fell, and landed softly.

But what was that? Whatever he had fallen on groaned and moved under him. Stoomp remembered falling on top of Irvin, and remembered that it was not a good idea to fall on top of people, so he moved and looked around.

The dwarf had fallen straight on top of an older man, and if it were up to Stoomp to say how old, he would’ve said ancient. The man had hair everywhere, even on his face, and it was a nice colour gray with some black in it as well. Stoomp decided that he liked this man already, and figured that it would be good to huggle him. He opened up his chubby arms, and hugged the stranger tightly.

Ozymandias gulped for air as the dwarf clinged tightly onto him. It was his birthday, and maybe he had expected some birthday greetings, but a completely unknown dwarf falling from the sky, and huggling him to death, had not been in his expectations.

Stoomp let go, and grinned happily. The world was the one he had dreamed of, and he couldn’t wait to discover more of it. He felt around in his pockets, and then discovered he still had his bag pack with him. He took it from his back, and rummaged around in it. Teddy was still there, but his hands grabbled further down. He started pulling things out, and pushed them into Ozy’s hands. Ozymandias, who was trying to get air back into his lungs now he had been released by the dwarf, found himself standing there with a variety off weird things.

Finally Stoomp had found what he was looking for, and as he took all the other things back into his bag pack he left the Elder standing there with some sticky candy in his hands, the dwarf had figured that everybody must like candy.

That done, Stoomp turned around and wandered off to discover this new world.

OOC: Happy Birthday! ^_^

Edited by Sweetcherrie

Wyvern hobbles into the Cabaret Room with a black eye and a bump on his forehead, passing by Stoomp and giving the dwarf a second impression of the "wonders" that the world of the Pen may have to offer. A sheet of PM-duct metal screeches across the ground behind the lizard, attached to his tail stinger (a souvenir from his last birthday encounter). He wipes a drop of sweat from his brow as he steps beside the fallen Loremaster.

"Thessse B-day celebrations certainly don't get any less complicated, do they?" Wyvern stares up at the spot where the glow had once been, then turns his eyes down to Ozymandias and grins. "Happy Birthday, ya old-timing son of a wage-tight pharoah."

Wyvern twists his face as he notices the sticky candy clenched in Ozy's hands. He digs a claw into one of his pockets, rummaging through the clutter of scribbled schemes and abandoned product designs within.

"Well, I was gonna lay off the 'Pen Reparations Bill Rioting' for a week, but I gotta much better gift for you now." Wyvern grins as he pulls out two crumpled IOUs, and hands them over. "Almost Dragonic Brand Conveniently Timed Candy Wrappers™, free of charge!"

Ozymandias frowns as Wyvern drops the wrappers into his hands. The overgrown lizard strikes a toothy grin as he steps around the span of the Loremaster's white beard, and raises his snout to the air.

"I guess now we just wait for the Celes Crusador Cafe triple-chocolate candyfied cake, eh?"

Stoomp freezes at the Cabaret Room door, the luxurious title of the cake echoing into his ears.

"Was it Katz or Mynx who mentioned that thing?" Wyvern licks his lips, then frowns as he finds the metal sheet on his tail stinger entangled in Ozy's beard hair. He pulls and grunts, then sighs at the intricacy of the knots. "Well go figure... one of those former IOUs was for a barber."

OOC: Happy Birthday, Ozy. ;-)

Kaitlyn and Ayshela had just put the finishing touches on Ozymandias' seven layer raspberry filled fudge frosted double chocolate cake when they heard the commotion of Stoomp's arrival. They hurried to see what was going on, and found a bemused Oz breathing semi-normally and trying to detach a metal sheet without losing too much of himself in the process. Kaitlyn threw herself at Oz, gleefully huggling him around the knees before running off to find out who the unknown dwarf was and showing him around the Keep. (Stoomp - beware! *g*) Ayshela helped Oz remove the metal plate and wrap the very sticky candy before handing him a couple extra napkins from the party preparations. "Happy Birthday! Would you like a chance to clean up, catch your breath, and have some coffee before anything - or anyone - else hits you?" she asked, with a broad smile.

OOC: Happy Birthday! Hope it's splendiferous! *huge hugs*

Daryl streaked down the hallway, staying along the right-hand wall on advice of Gyrfalcon, who had gotten tired of nearly being run down by the quick streaking fox. Taking a corner tight against the wall, Daryl saw an empty corridor in front of him and accelerated moving to the center of the floor. He barely avoided running down a strange dwarf who walked out of a side corridor, and skidded wildly to halt his headlong run.

Past the dwarf as he spread his arms wide, Daryl saw Ozymandias unsteadily rise to his feet. Ayshela was talking to him as Daryl darted between Stoomp's legs, not hearing the 'Puppy!' behind him as the wind rushed past his ears with his run. He leapt as Ayshela mention "Anyone else hits you?"

A dopplared yip of glee was all the warning Ozymandias got as he was driven to the floor again, getting his face licked rapidly by Daryl, the fox's breath smelling oddly of mint.

"Happy birthday to you!

Happy birthday to you!

Happy birthday dear Ozy,

Happy birthday to you!"

*Daryl grins and starts dancing on Ozymandias' chest, causing muffled groans.

"And many more, on Channel 4,

And Scooby Doo, on Channel 2

And Frakenstein, on Channel 9..."

Daryl's refrain was ended in a startled yelp as Stoomp's hands closed around him and picked him up, cuddling him close to the dwarf's chest. "Puppy." Stoomp said affectionantly, stroking Daryl's head.

To be certain, Wyv, it's not every year I get happy birthdayed by a dwarf, two quadrupeds (one being minty fresh, no less), almost a dragon, a Zool, a rugrat, and two elves.

Heh. ^_^

Thank you all.

P.S.-

My everlasting sympathies to Daryl. :dizzy:

\;>)

A large dog bounds into the room, and jumps over the pudgy dwarf holding a fox of the desperately-trying-to-escape variety.

Landing beside the slowly rising Loremaster, Akallabeth places his paws on Ozy's shoulders, knocking him down once more. In Ozy's head, the words, ::Happy belated birthday, Oz!::

(and enter another quadruped ;) )

A short teenage girl rushes into the room and stops about 5 feet from Ozy. "Hmmph. I'm late." She pouts, seeing people, animals, and...A kid all attached to Ozy. "Well...One way to make sure I get the last word." She jump up and lands very gently on his chest and sits the, cross-legged "HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZY!!!!"She squeals in her highest, squeakiest, most annoying voice with her eyes closed tightly. She opened them and looked around, to check if she had made anyone deaf. "Damn" she muttered as she saw that she hadn't. She folded her arms and pouted again, totally spacing that she was still on his chest. "Er...Hmmph." She scooted across the floor and sat down somewhere ELSE, cross-legged, still pouting.

((Happy happy happy belated birthday, Ozy. Much love. *tee hee* ^.~))

Remaining prone (in order to put the least amount of demands on his much-assaulted chest), Ozymandias smiles widely inbetween deep, thankful breaths.

"Thank you, everyone. Never before has so much abuse let me know I am so loved."

^_^

[and no worries about no RP, for those of you who didn't. Writing is one of the most wonderful gifts, but it's even better just to know I matter to you. Thank you, my dear friends.]

Dros walks in quoting the White Rabbits famous line "I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date!"

He sees Ozy and immediately pushes NightFae of his chest.

Dros *huggleattacks* Ozy.

"Happy Happy Happy Happy Birthday to you Ozy!"

Remaining prone (in order to put the least amount of demands on his much-assaulted chest), Ozymandias smiles widely inbetween deep, thankful breaths.

"Thank you, everyone. Never before has so much abuse let me know I am so loved."

*giggles* good idea, there, since sure as anything you'll get knocked over again soon's you get up. But then, you should be used to being glomped, and fought over who gets to glomp you first, right? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

"I should?", came Oz's muffled voice from under the thin but superhumanly enthusiastic arm of Dros.

The black clad lad chortled merrily and gave the old egyptian an affectionate squeeze.

"Okay, okay! I should! I should!" Dros beamed, Nightfae smirked, Ayshela nodded sagely, and Daryl ran for his life from the pudgy little dwarf whose waddling was deceptively fast.

"Dros...my trachea...I think I swallowed it..."