The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

WW XXVII: signup & OOC

Tanuchan

You are now following the raiding party who took Filk and Irvin. Feel free to RP as you see fit, but do not worry about following the book. You’re going in Fangorn’s direction, and the transition to Day Phase will occur at its borders.

Finnius, Sinsor: keep RPing as you wish, but you are right now prisoners of the Uruk-hai. Sorry for this news, but you were the small ones... easier to carry ;).

Phoenix, hope to see you around as a ghost :)

Edited by Tanuchan

You are still chasing the Orc that have taken Irvin and Filk. You're certain now that the Orc are headed towards Isengard. Feel free to RP anything you think that fits, but please do not actually go to Isengard or into Fangorn. Anyone can RP going near this last place, though - since night phase transition will take you into that forest.

Have fun :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scorecard

The Company of the Ring...

... and those who left
  • Savage Dragon => Raus Tanathos, lost during an avalanche at Caradhras
  • Sweetcherrie => Stoomp, taken by the Watcher of the Lake, Moria
  • Mynx => Jagkatha, fell of a bridge in Moria, facing Orcs
  • Gyrfalcon => Frerin, victim of a crumbling wall in Moria
  • Gryphon => Mattias, fell in Moria
  • Ozymandias => Jin, son of Jalen, lost in the waters of the Nimrodel
  • Vahktang => Yeager Tickle-Bottom, killed by human raiders near the border of Lothlorien
  • Venefyxatu => Neriam Therzyn, taken by an arrow at the Anduin river
  • Phoenix => Megwyn, slain by the arrows of the Uruk-hai
  • Akallabeth => Turin of Dol Amroth, fell from a hill at Emyn Muil

bleh... missed night phase RP entirely, and at least half likely to miss day phase as well... been gone all day and will not only have my usual horde of teenagers here tomorrow, but a 14month old as well, so time to think will be at a premium and time to write nonexistant.

*might* be able to be on Saturday.

bleh... missed night phase RP entirely, and at least half likely to miss day phase as well... been gone all day and will not only have my usual horde of teenagers here tomorrow, but a 14month old as well, so time to think will be at a premium and time to write nonexistant.

*might* be able to be on Saturday.

*huggles*

Don't worry, 'shela... at the worst, try to post either a quick vote or state an abstention :)

Good luck! I really enjoy your posts, they're *great*!!

It occurs to me that you can stop referring to our ringbearer as [he] now. Since only males remain, [he] must certainly be a he. ;)

Also, I hope that people aren't actually considering Rootmaker's lack of subtlety as a reason not to vote for him, but rather are using it as an IC excuse where necessary. Because I don't want the game to be unfair in the case that no one can think of an IC reason to suspect me, so note that Rootmaker could have pushed the roof down on whoever that was, or drowned that other person.

And, yeah. I'd say this whether I was guilty or innocent, because I have noticed a distinct lack of voting for me, overall, and I'm rather baffled by it. (Not that I'm trying to provoke an onslaught of votes that gets me killed, or anything, but if that's what has to happen, then so be it.)

PS. I mean in all the games. I've actually been voted for once, in this game, which is more than usual.

and this is where RL gets me killed, it looks like, since the only "slowness" is in lack of time to post. I've actually not got time for *this*, but wanted to pop in to say I'd try to get in tomorrow - for all the good it looks like it will do.

Oh well, I've actually lived longer than I thought I would, and it's been a fun game... and probably as well to go out before *having* to come up with some reason to vote for someone so thoroughly detracts from the fun of the game as to make it unpleasant. *shrug*

hehe... just to clarify, the [he] in the quoted paragraphs from the original book(s) are just because I don't want to refer to Aragorn, Frodo, and everybody else, by name :) It's not always that [he] is the Ringbearer. In the last two posts, it was actually Aragorn...

The Company is now entering Fangorn, and heading to the cliff they can see – probably following the tracks of the hobbits. Treebeard is at the top of the cliff, and the hobbits will be with him. Enjoy! :)

Katz: Feel free to keep RPing Rootmaker – he’s burned, and fell into the Entwash. I have no other cue about his whereabouts ;)

Finnius, Sinsor: You have escaped the Orcs, and have already made your way up the cliff, and met or meeting Treebeard by the time the others enter Fangorn. You’ll be reunited on top of the cliff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scorecard

... and those who left
  • Vahktang => Yeager Tickle-Bottom, killed by human raiders near the border of Lothlorien
  • Katzaniel => Rootmaker, caught by Orcs with flaming arrows at the eaves of Fangorn

The Company is now riding towards Edoras, and the Halls of Meduseld. Day phase will comprise both riding and action in Meduseld, so feel free to RP straight at Edoras.

If there’s enough votes/stated abstentions, I might end Day Phase some hours earlier – so, if you intend to post, please tell me so (either here or by PM). Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scorecard

... and those who left
  • Katzaniel => Rootmaker, caught by Orcs with flaming arrows at the eaves of Fangorn
  • Sinsor => Irvin Bartholomew Muskfoot, fell from a cliff in Fangorn

This is prime Linador posting space - and of course, this is when I get blindsided by a nauseating migraine. *sigh* I probably won't be able to get to this tonight, but tomorrow is far more open than today was, so will pry loose posting time then, headache or no.

One question which has never been answered, to my knowledge (and I admit freely I could have simply missed it, or forgotten)... since this is based on an established story, were you intending for the story to continue beyond the point the last of the wolves has been caught? Or will it end with the last wolf capture, as a normal WW game does? Without knowing any of the roles of the dearly departed, we're rather at a loss for where we're at as far as normal gameplay goes.

Story will end normally :)

Don't worry, if it still goes on it means there is at least one wolf alive... I'm not killing players by myself (yet :P)

As you're in five, you probably won't be taken much farther from where you are. I think that Helm's Deep is a good point to stop the story, whatever side wins - so be prepared for a slower change of setting if it's needed!

Hope that answers the question?

Edited by Tanuchan

*laughs*

though I still think the vote for you was brilliant, yes that does answer the question. =) Thank you!

Just wasn't sure if the story would continue on to Mordor once all the wolves were caught (which would be *quite* the extended trip for the survivors) or if there would be an appropriate end point found before then - and Helm's Deep does indeed seem like a good point since that could easily work well for either a villager or wolf win.

*looks pointedly at her scorecard*

Yep, you *all* gotta vote! Or I *will* start killing players myself! :P

(Well, I was accused so I might as well live up to the briliant accusation ;))

Day phase ends in about 7 hours, as soon as I come back from work...

*stifles a moment of near hysteria*

gah... sometimes I hate coming in and using my system right after the kids do... browser crashed right after I hit "Add reply" and I thought I'd lost the whole thing...

*doing my part to keep Tanny from killing us all herself*

;)

*laughs*

I meant Tanny killing US off, but hey, if she killed off the Mod I guess we'd have to go to war with ourselves on the spot to make SURE we caught the last wolf, eh? Anyone up for a rousing game of "Last Man Standing"??? ;)

O... k... Another tie, mm?

Well, I'm missing Giles' vote, but I cannot honestly stay up much more and I'm not willing to extend day phase once again. I'll be writing the post, and if he doesn't come to vote by the time it's ready, dice will tell...

*considers the possibility of dice killing the Mod... maybe some tampering with it... mmm... * :P

Well, the dice didn't want to kill the Mod... (un)fortunately :P

The Company is riding towards Helm’s Deep, where they will arrive after at least one squirmish – feel free to RP it if you feel like it. Next Day Phase will be the end of the game, and you’ll be in battle once again – be prepared :)

Finnius, please feel free to RP being a nuisance at the hands of the healers ;) Or even trying to escape them, if you feel like it. I didn't have how to get you "killed" in Meduseld... so go ahead!

Helm's Deep, from The Atlas of Tolkien's Middle-Earth

Posted Image

my apologies for poor attendance :(

It's alright, Giles.. it happens to all of us. Sorry for not having waited for you, but I was really dead tired :P.

You're now in the last day phase of the game... choose wisely, and good luck to both sides! The setting is the Battle of Helm's Deep, and I would appreciate if you could also RP your moves in that :).

Scorecard

• Giles => Baelestimah, Elf of Rivendel (male), servant of Arwen
  • Panther =>Garnorn, human Ranger (male)
  • Ayshela => Linador, horse-master elf (male) from Rivendell
... and those who left
  • Sinsor => Irvin Bartholomew Muskfoot, fell from a cliff in Fangorn
  • Finnius => Filkiormous Magnanimous Berrison, bumped his head badly by falling down a stair in Meduseld
  • Patrick => Seothen, slain by an orc while defending his friends.
And by the way... as we're definitely ending the game by the weekend, next mod could start the sign-up... I think it's Akallabeth's game now? :) Edited by Tanuchan