The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Butterfly birthdays.....

Annael

Happy birthday to me....

Happy birthday to me....

Happy birthday dear Annn-nnnnnnn......

Happy birthday to me....

You know, being born on the leap year sucks when it's not actually a leap year. My own family has forgotten that it's my birthday. LOL. Oh well, at least the butterflies remembered! *points to the butterflies assembled like ballons all over the keep* Just don't try to pop them, ermm....just ask Wyvie, they've got some sharp little teeth! :D

*goes back to work....*

P.S. Yes, this is a very selfish way to get people to wish me a happy bday, I'm awful aren't I :( sigh. K, don't wish me a happy bday. I don't deserve it. Bad RaeRae! :(

A wolf bounds in, so intent on catching the little butterfly who had dared to bite her nose a while ago that she doesn't see Annael and ends up bumping into her. They roll on the floor, a ball of flur and feathers, and at the end Tanny shimmers back into her human form to hand back to Annael the halo that had ended up entangled in her tail.

"Hmm... erm... that little fella there..." Tanny waves her hand in the direction of the butterflies, "... that one... told me it's your birthday... "

Though it didn't have to do it by biting my nose!

Then she huggles the startled angel with a grin.

~~~~~~

OOC: Happy Birthday, Annael! Don't feel bad for telling us... how are we going to know otherwise? ;) And there's the good point of being born in a leap year... officialy at least, you'll always be young!!! :flower:

Oh, happy birthday! I'm so glad you told us. :) The forum software is definitely not smart enough to warn us when you're a leap-year baby, and I would hate to miss the event.

Have a wonderful birthday, Anneal. I hope your family surprises you...

All the best,

~Yui

Eeep! I rely on the forum to tell me these things... bad Forum!

Anyway, Happy Birthday Annael, and I hope you enjoyed the day... though I'm sorry that people forget that your Birthday needs to be celebrated today... or yesterday... depending on preference!

*Gyrfalcon's butterfly swirls into esctatic patterns with its brethren as it catches up on events with them*

And don't feel bad about telling us these things, Annael... that's how we know to celebrate your birthday!

Wyvern darts into the Cabaret Room with a miniature crystal ball held up to his horns, cursing at the top of his lungs and stepping through a flurry of butterflies.

"Not a drop. That's right, Almost Dragonic Brand Environmentally Unsound Megamalls™ are 100% non-aquatic. Wha- Hello?" Wyvern growls and shakes the communication marble, then stuffs it into his pocket and turns to Annael. "Annael, a happy birthday to you! This leap-year confusion is terrible, but don't ya worry, I have a sssimple and effective solution to it."

Annael steps back and frowns as Wyvern scoots a table towards her and lays out a large blueprint and several folders fill of paperwork.

"The bessst solution would be to create a new day in the week so that the 29th will still exist during the leap year. I propose that it be called Wyannaevynsday, and that it be represented by a token butterfly on the calender. An Almost Dragonic Brand Lowfat Butterfly™, of course, since the activities and general culture of the day would be endorsed by Almost Dragonic Inc. Now, after you've sssigned and filled out these seventy-three sheets of paperwork and made it semi-official, we could time travel using Xaious and a wooden sle-"

"Almost Dragonic Brand Lowfat Butterfly™?" Tanuchan twitches her nose, and a butterfly flutters off of it. "You mean like a moth?"

Wyvern raises a claw to respond, only to pause as he notices the glum look on Annael's face. The overgrown lizard sighs and clears the paperwork cluttering the table, then reaches into his pocket and pulls out the tiny crystal ball that he had been cursing into earlier.

"Well, then at leassst accept this belated birthday gift." Wyvern extends the communication marble to Annael. "It'll make a nice earing, if nothing else."

;-)

OOC: A Happy Birthday to you, Annael. :-) Thank you for informing us of it, that sucks that it falls on such an unfriendly date. I hope that you had a great day, regardless. :)

Awww, thanks guys! My family did remember, sorta. My dad did the, hey wait, isn't it your birthday? thing yesterday. Lol. I find it funny. Thank you for all the hugs and well wishes.

*accepts the crystal ball from Wyvie and pockets it* This will look great on my....ermm....branch in the tree. Yes, thankies ;)

Never for anything like that. But when I went to get my license when I turned 16, the woman behind the counter argued with me for 30 mins, telling me that I couldn't drive because I was four. Well, it got to the point where people in the line behind me were screaming at her. Then the manager of the DMV walked up, asked what was going on, told her she was stupid, FIRED her, and then gave me my license. LOL. Other than that, I sometimes get the price for child admissions to the movies and get to choose a meal off the kiddie menu in restaurants (not too often mind you.) The rest of the time, I'm my real age.

Never for anything like that. But when I went to get my license when I turned 16, the woman behind the counter argued with me for 30 mins, telling me that I couldn't drive because I was four. Well, it got to the point where people in the line behind me were screaming at her. Then the manager of the DMV walked up, asked what was going on, told her she was stupid, FIRED her, and then gave me my license. LOL. Other than that, I sometimes get the price for child admissions to the movies and get to choose a meal off the kiddie menu in restaurants (not too often mind you.) The rest of the time, I'm my real age.

*laughs* Very nice... out of curiosity, how does your ID show your age? By 'true' birthdays, and thus a quarter of your actual age, or your correct age?

ID in Canada doesn't actually show an age on it. Just a date of birth. And it shows that I'm born on the 29th of February, 1980. So you have to do the math up here. Rather funny when you see some people start counting on their fingers. hehe. The best though was when I was in the states last summer. I went to a gas station to buy cigarettes. The girl behind the counter asked me how old I was. Told her 25. She made me walk back up to the resort to get my ID to prove it. Come back with my license and she said that I lied and that I was 18. O_o. K, someone help me with the math here. 2005 - 1980. 25 right? Not too sure how she got 18.....maybe she converted it into imperial or something..... ;)

• 2 weeks later...