The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Hide and Seek

Appy

Sweetcherrie searched frantically through her desk. She had misplaced them, she was sure of it.

Swooping aside a pile of papers, quickly looking if they might be in between, she bumped over her cup of coffee.

The brown liquid drenched all her papers, and she felt on the verge of crying. She swallowed the tears, and tried to face the possibility that they would be lost forever. She picked up the pile of, now useless, paper and walked over to the bin. She was so lost in her thoughts that she bumped straight into Appy, who had just come walking in.

“What’s wrong? You seem to be distressed about something?”

“I was supposed to have all these bizarre phrases somewhere but I seem to have lost them.” Sweetcherrie answered, holding back a sob.

“You’ve probably just misplaced them.” Appy said reassuringly.

“But I’ve looked everywhere.”

“Hmmm…” Appy thought about it for a moment, and then said brightly “this sounds like a case where we could use some help from our fellow pennites.”

Ok, the game is called “Hide and Seek”, and is played as follows:

You sign up in teams of 2, yes you can choose your own partner, and if you don’t have a partner, or would like to take this opportunity to meet new people, you can sign up on your own, and we will find you a partner (we would gladly threaten some people into joining ;) )

Each team will receive a location, and a random phrase (through PM). You'll need to write a co-authored piece and “hide” the random phrase at this location. These phrases will contain some pretty bizarre words, and it will be a nice challenge to weave them into your stories.

The given phrase cannot be split up, and has to be written as a whole. You can write in whatever format you like (Story, Poem, RP), and you post the work in the designated rooms (stories in the Assembly Room, RP in the Conservatory, and poems in the Banquet Room).

Please make sure that your work has the subtitle “Hide and Seek”

But wait, this is not all! Once you have written your own piece, you and your partner need to go looking for the random phrase in the other team's work. Once you think you have found a “hidden” phrase, you PM this, including a link to the post where you found it, to the mods (Appy or Sweetcherrie) and your team will receive 6 geld for each correct phrase (this means 3 geld per person).

The “found” phrases will need to be exactly correct; if this is not the case you will receive a PM back telling you that you have not found the right phrase.

If there are still things that are not clear please let us know, and we will do our very best to find the answers. (Let’s hope they’re not hidden as well)

Example:

Phrase: The snazzy unicycle lumbered into the snow bank.

[Written by Sweetcherrie, concept by Sweetcherrie and Appy]

It sounds fun... we'll try it. Please, sign up Deggy and I as a team (and pray that our Muses don't abandon us halfway through... :P)

Team: Tanuchan & Degenero Angelus

Edit: And I have a question... in case we decide to write a poem, can the phrase be split in two lines, like this...

The desert was cold but the air was strange

as the spell came and reworked it all

The snazzy unicycle lumbered

into the snow bank it went

The witch looked and laughed

at the puzzlement in the rider's eye.

... ? Though I can understand if you say 'no', as it would make it very difficult to find in the second part of the game :P

Edited by Tanuchan

Oh wow, that makes for 6 teams for the first round! ^_^

More info in a few hours... expect some pm's tonight people. And a lot of thanks for signing up!

*bounces away on her skippyball, in search of Sweetcherrie*

Edited by Appy

All right let’s get this party started! :D

But, before we start sending out the Phrases and Locations to all the teams, we have some more indisputable laws of conduct to throw at you.

The written work will have to be between 50 and 500 words.

From this post on you have 2 weeks to write your work, after that your team gets 1 week to find as many hidden phrases as possible.

Each “hidden” phrase contains 7 words.

You can add other random phrases, as long as don’t make it impossible to find the original one.

You cannot leave your location.

We will be posting links to the different stories in this thread.

We hope you don’t get lost while hiding the phrases, and wish you all a happy writing experience!

- the 2 Dutchies

The teams:

1.Tanny – Deggy

2.Patrick – Venefyxatu

3.Salinye – Katz

4.Zool – Gwai

5.Dragonqueen - Quincunx

6.Akallabeth - Vlad

*Appy bounces over to Sweetcherrie on her skippyball*

I send out a lot of messages to people, who might be able to help in our search. This should get you back those cheeky sentences in no time!

*beaming at herself, Appy bounces away again shouting things like: "I saw you!" and "I know you're around here somewhere!"*

Private Messages send. ^_^

In answer to a question we received:

Do not add to or alter the sentence we gave out! Otherwise it'll be even more difficult to find the exact sentence/phrase.

So again, it needs to stand out on it's own.

Unfortunately Tanny and Deg have decided to retreat from the game due to disagreement on the rules. They have however posted their story, which you can find in the cabaret room, and is a nice story to read. :)

We also have some good news; Tanny and Deg had already found the correct sentence in the RP of Venefyxatu and Patrick. This shows that it is very possible to find them.

We regret that they have left our game, but hope that this will not diminish your enthusiasm for the game.

We will certainly not let it influence ours :woot:

- The 2 Dutchies

Just as a clarification: our story had already been written when we found out that the phrases had to be sentences in themselves. We thought it wouldn't fit the flow of our story, which we really liked... so I asked to be out of it because I didn't want to break the flow. The idea was great, and I wish I knew beforehand that the phrase was a whole sentence.

But Akallabeth also had guessed ours before I posted the idea at the end of our tale, so it's not really difficult to find the sentences.

Have fun!

~Tanny