The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Hide and Seek

Appy

“Ring ring…. ring ring”

Appy starts throwing things off her desk to find the annoying ringing noise and so accidentally throws off the horn

“Hello? Heeeeelllllooooo, Appy you there?” Sweetcherrie shouts through the horn.

Appy looks up, “oh no, not voices again”

Sweetcherrie wonders what all the noise is on the background

Appy notices the horn and picks it up, “hello?”

“Hello? Appy?”

“Sweetcherrie? What are you doing in this thing?” Appy asks as she looks at the horn suspiciously

“I tought it would be nice and warm in here” Sweetcherrie replies cheerfully, as she sticks a finger out the horn and waves. “Erm, maybe you could help me out of here? The space in here is not too big” and she tries to get the rest of her hand out the horn.

Appy starts banging the horn on the desk, but after a scream she notices the hand, “hold on, I'll just pull you out shall I?”

“Yes, please”

Appy grabs the hand and pulls, sending Sweetcherrie flying across the room, landing her upside down against to opposite wall of her blanky, “erm…”

Sweetcherrie stands up and tries to get herself straight again, while she’s doing this she hears a crack in her back where it has hit the wall.

“Eep, you ok?”

Sweetcherrie nods and hears the same cracking sound in her neck, “yeah, I think so” she looks around, says, “cosy here” and nods appreciatively.

“But what I called for...”

“Yes?”

“I was wondering if you had heard something about those lost phrases already?”

“Hmm...” Appy starts rummaging through the mountains of paper on her desk and floor, “Not really... no, not this... hmmm, I can't say I've found many yet, there's this one... but I think that's it” she says as she hands over a grubby paper.

“Ah, well I kind of need them by Wednesday, or otherwise my teacher might get angry,” Sweetcherrie replies as she looks at the grubby paper.

“We need more help then...how about we hijack the intercom and send out a message?

Sweetcherrie thinks about this idea and frowns, “Are you sure they won't kick us out for that? I mean that might wake people up.”

“Well yes, that's the point isn't it?” Appy replies and looks bashful at Sweetcherrie.

Sweetcherrie hits herself on the head and points at her blond hair, “you just have to forgive me sometimes that side takes over”

Appy grins, “forgiven beforehand, you can't be worse then me when we're talking about sides taking over” her left elbow starts twitching and she quickly grabs it. She coughs, and continues, “enough about that, let's find this Jack and put him up high so we can use the intercom!” and she points at the air and walks out of her blanky

Sweetcherrie follows Appy out of her blanky, “What's a Jack?” I knew a Jack once, he was quite cute, blond hair, blue eyes.”

“Isn't he the guy who controls the intercom? How else can we take over the intercom?

Sweetcherrie starts jumping exitedly, “I'm going to meet Jack again, weeeh” Let's go! I think I saw him last in the Cabaret Room...maybe we can bring your skippyball and my pogostick?

“Of course, how else are we going to get there!” Appy says and bounces off into the sunset.

Sweetcherrie places her feet on the steps of the pogostick, “Weeh Jack here we come!!

Appy looks around, “Where the hell did that come from?” shrugs and bounces on.

Together they bounce into the Cabaret Room, where Sweetcherrie bumps into Zool, “Hey, just the person we were looking for-“

Appy circles the two on her skippyball, “hiya!” *bounce*, “Zool!” *bounce*.

“We were wondering if we could use the intercom thingie, so we could tell thingie and thingie, about thingie, you know?” Sweetcherrie asks.

“Yeah!” Appy screames and bounces, “and by the *bounce*, way, do you *bounce* know any Jack's?” *bounce*

Zool looks positively confused now, but point with a finger to the intercom installation.

Appy bounces towards it, “hey you!” she screams at the person behind it, “Are you *bounce* Jack?” *bounce*

The person behind the intercom looks as if he will get a heart attack of fright, but nods nevertheless.

“Hah! Appy shouts and bounces one final time and grabs the now white-faced man at the wrist, “Up you go!”

Jack lets out a scream as Appy starts twirling the guy around and releases him, setting him flying into the rafters where he can just grab a support beam. “There's that done, now for the message!”

“Erm..Appy? Maybe we could just ask him nicely,” Sweetcherrie says as she starts feeling sorry for the guy, but at the same time has problems controlling her laughter. Sweetcherrie looks up, “sorry bout that, she's kind of excited about all this, I'm sure someone will come and get you down.”

“Ask? We already have something else to ask everyone else! Too many questions isn't good for you, you know,” looks at Sweetcherrie, shrugs and looks up too, “Yeah, what she said, and if not, just shout "Moose" and let go! You'll be fine!” She grins, “Better now?”

Sweetcherrie nods appreciatively. “Better, shall we send this message then?

Appy points a finger in the air again "Yes!" and already starts pushing random buttons on the panel while reaching for the microphone.

She grabs it the wrong way around and pushes some more buttons, this way producing an enormous schreeching through the speakers all around the keep.

"Erm.. yes, ok. I think they are awake now" she smiles innocently at Sweetcherrie, who stands there with her fingers in her ears.

"What?" she answers, while removing said fingers. "Yes well, whatever you just said, I think the Keep is awake now.."

Appy coughs "Yes, well.. here" Hands Sweetcherrie the microphone "You take this and talk into it, I'll make sure they hear you!"

Sweetcherrie looks uncertain at the microphone, overcome by a sudden attack of stagefight.

With a tiny voice she speaks "erm.. hell everybody?"

Appy turns some wheels on the panel, increasing the volume tenfold.

Sweetcherrie ducks just in time to avoid the splinters of the windowpanes that just broke by her own booming voice. "Yay that works!" Appy screams. She turns the wheel back a bit. "Try it again, it should be ok now, trust me!" she sais while grinning, her gleaming eyes still fixed on the controlpanel.

Sweetcherrie coughs once "Right then", and tries again "Dear Contestants...estants...tants..ants...erm, I think there is a bit of an echo now...ow...ow..ow.

"Never fear!" Appy screams happily "I know exactly what to do!" and she pushes some more buttonsat random while waving away the smoke that's comming from under the controlpanel now.

*THUD!*

Sweetcherrie turns around "What was that?" and notices that Jack has fallen from the ceiling. "Oh dear..." says Appy, who had turned aswell at the sound "he didn't scream Moose... unless of course it was while the volume was so loud that my moose couldn't hear and come to the rescue...erm...yeah...someone should look at him maybe"

"Would you mind?" Sweetcherrie asks Zool, who is still standing in the Cabaret Room, confused and with an unanswered question.

"errrm Sweetcherrie?" Appy says with an urgent tone "Yes?"

"RUN!"

"huh?"

Appy runs away from the now sizzling panel and hides behind one of the couches. "Eep!" Sweetcherrie runs after Appy and dives on top of her.

*BOOM!*

Sweetcherrie looks over the top of the couch "Now what?"

"erm.. well.." Appy coughs a bit and waves away some smoke "there's always the message board.." She points at the big board on the other side of the Cabaret Room. "It has some smokestains on it, but it looks ok I guess" Sweetcherrie says "I don't have a pen though, you?"

"Of course!" Appy produces a pen while walking upto the board "no paper though.."

Sweetcherrie frowns while taking in the large amount of stickies "hmm, maybe we can use one of these?" Appy grabs an old notice saying something about a firedrill and safety first "Good idea!" she turns around the paper and hands Sweetcherrie the pen "You should write, people are always complaining that they can't read what I say"

"Sure" Sweetcherrie takes the pen and starts writing, the tip of her tongue between her lips:

Dear Contestants,

We need those hiding places by Wednesday. Then we still have a whole week left to find the missing phrases... Please help a searching Pennite!

-The Two Dutchies

OOC: End date for posting your entries is the 13th of April (upcomming wednesday) and then there's still another week for finding the phrases, making the end-end date the 20th of April. If this presents major problems, we can of course extend it. Just PM either one of Appy or Sweetcherrie. Have fun!

PS: Didn't do much about spellchecking and all that grammar stuff, please try hard not to notice anything gone wrong in that area. ;)

Minta stretches up with one tiny fist and knocks on Gyrfalcon's door. "Hi can I have another bouncy ball--" she says to the crack in the door, before Gyrfalcon--veteran of demon possession, death and resurrection, warrior of the world who didn't flinch from the most horrific forces Terra had to offer, veteran of multiple Wyvern parties--slammed the door shut. She counted on her fingers as locks rattled and wards snapped. "I'm sure it's a very nice mouthful, but you don't have to show it to me this time," said Gyrfalcon. "It was a SUPER mouthful!" she yelled, "I had 25 color jawbreaker an' Doritos AN' I don't think I got all the mold off the jawbreaker 'cause it tasted funny." She put her hand in her pocket and drew out a fossilized lump of Dorito-studded jawbreaker gum, now sporting a fresh rind of pocket lint and mold. "Mynx appreciated it," Minta sniffled, and she went down the corridor cradling her prize.

Minta hit Mynx's door with one hand, knock-knock-knock, at knee height while she reached down with her other hand and untangled kittens' paws from her robe. The paws disappeared under the door as Mynx opened. "Hihi!" Minta announced, "Can I have a bouncy ball pleaseplease an' didya think of a new best mouthful 'cause the onions weren't very interesting but it was kinda funny to watch the chewing an' Gyrfalcon won't give me a bouncy ball but that's probably because I laughed at him. . ."

\o/ Thanks, well done! ^_^

On a more official note: We're giving everyone until sunday to post their stories, and then from sunday till sunday to message us with found sentences.

So:

- Please post your stories before or on Sunday the 17th

- From the 17th till 24th you can still search for the sentences

*bounces off into yet another sunset*

-The Two Dutchies