The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

How on earth did we forget?

Does THIS look fammiliar?

It's been just over a year since we officialy moved from the dim recesses of ezboard to our sparkly website. Firstly I'd like to take the time to give the Elders, Ancients, and all other adminy people who worked to bring about this change a big THANK YOU!! for their work in making this come about. :) Without your foresight and efforts in guiding the pen, we would not be half the community we are today. Secondly, a (second) huge welcome to those who have joined our ranks this year. Your contributions have truly vitalized the Pen, and we cherish your presence greatly. Finnaly, for those who have drifted away, lost or left us - we do hope these halls will one day again be graced with your presence.

Happy Birthday www.themightypen.net! :)

Edited by Valdar and Astralis

Wow, only a year?

We have moved so far in that time.

I would hazard to say we've got 20 or 30 active members that were never at those old boards.

We've instituted the guilds, the carnivals, and geld.

We've promoted some 10 or 15 beyond quillbearer. (If anyone has actual statistics, ie not my fuzzy little brain attempting to remember, that'd be neat to see).

The werewolf games, which I know not everyone likes, are nevertheless on the 14th game.

Gaze of Eternity got finished.

We have an ongoing Best of the Pen list.

We've got smilies! I can't find the conversation we had when we all got here about the smilies, but I did find this.

Anyway, I'll add my thanks to Valdar's. Cheers to the Mighty Pen!

Edit: found it. It was in the roll-call. Also, I discovered WW-zero! (Pity the Romans didn't have a digit for zero.) Funny how no one ever mentioned this wasn't a new thing.

Edited by Katzaniel

Hmm... when Dean first came here to mod WW, a year ago, he did mention (at least for those of us who came from Kenzerco boards) that there had been one Werewolf earlier. And I remember Deg telling me that when we partnered as wolves in Dean's game (WW I). But I guess it wasn't posted anywhere... :P

Anyway, happy anniversary to The Pen! I'm glad I came here, because surely the Pen has changed my life for better :)

*hugs*

~Tanny

Edited by Tanuchan

On this special occassion I would like to take the oppurtunity to congradulate Jechum, our most active pen member currently on this board. Here's a look on his stats.

http://www.patrickdurham.net/themightypen/index.php?showuser=176

Total Cumulative Posts 8,388,607

( 16199.23% of total forum posts )

Posts per day 11123

What an outstanding achievement! He managed to post over 100%!!!

His effort and dedication has surpass even the realm of possibility!

A round of applause of the Elder of Lore for his outstanding, colossal, astromathical achievment. Thank you.

:wizzie: :wizzie: :wizzie:

Edited by Vigil StarGazer

And while the thanks are going on I'd like to thank those who got this place up and running...

As one of those members who came along afterwards I can say you've done a mighty good job... I love this place.

Happy Birthday www.themightypen.net indeed. :)

I'd like to set the record straight -

This web site was a Christmas present to me from Rune.

She knew I hated ezboard, and gave me this website, moved everything over, and has since left.

But she made this possible as a love gift.

Since then, people like Ayshela, Yui-Chan, Orlan, and others have made the Pen what it is today. :)

Happy Birthday New Pen Site!!!

*nods* I miss Rune. What she put together as a gift to Peredhil has been a most wonderful gift to us all. I'm glad to have been invited in and happy to be able to support the people, the concept, the vision, this place we love.

Happy Birthday indeed!

*g* thanks for the clarification, Valdar, i was getting a bit confused.. since i've been here almost two years now, and the Pen was certainly on its own domain when i got here... *blink* *blinkblink*

=)

and i still say one of the best things to ever happen to me was falling in the gates of the Pen Keep.

o.O wow.. I knew my ears were burning but I never expected my name to be mentioned in so many posts in such a short amount of time.

*scribbles the number 2 on the wall near the main door to the cabaret room*

Can't wait till next year! 3 is the squiggliest of all numbers!

Happy birthday! and many heartfelt thanks to everyone who helped to lay a single brick in the mighty walls of this sacred place.

1 had been carved into the wall by short yet razor-sharp ears, the writing instrument of Valdar reborn and not yet re-aged. . .

2 was scribbled next to that, the mark of a ineptly summoned child-demoness whom we knew as Rune. . .

Now Minta the neato necro gnomie girl stood in front of the writing, digging through her innumerable pockets to find a quill, while a freshly summoned spectre floated beside her, already dreading when she'd puncture its glowing red eyes for ink. . .

A few minutes later, the sign read:

1, 2, skip a few, 99, 100!