The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf XV: Sign-up & OOC

Tanuchan

What theme would you like to play?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, after the Holidays break and some time to breathe a bit, how about trying once again to solve the mysteries of a Werewolf Game?? :)

We have also a lot of new members at the Pen, so... basically, the Werewolf game is a short and fast-paced RP where some of you are murderers, some are special characters that protect the innocents, and the majority are innocents - meat for the murderers :P The objective of the game is finding out the murderers (innocents win) or killing all the innocents (murderers win). Each Werewolf game has a theme... and I'm suggesting two for this next one (see below).

The rules can be found here.

You can also check the Q+A thread and the 14 previous Werewolf Games (spread through the Conservatory) - you can find a list for most of them in my personal List of RPs at the Piazza of Portraits

The only requirement for the game is that you create a character, and that you post once every 48 hours with your accusation... (I tend to 'kill' inactive players... :rolleyes:)

The themes proposed:

TV serials from the 60's: everyone is involved with the filming/production of a weekly TV serial, SF/fantasy-type -- you know, the "let's fight the monster-of-the-week" kind. There will be actors, mostly, but also technical people. The wolves are people hired by a rival studio to wreck havoc in the show, provoking accidents of all kinds to delay the production. The Seer is someone who has got friends and connections in all studios and the unions also, so can get information easily. The Baner is/was a stuntman, so s/he can easily fool the wolves and escape uninjured.

The Name of the Rose, loosely based on the work by Umberto Eco. Everybody is a monk at the Abbey, observing and speculating while Brother William and Adso are investigating. The wolves are fanatic monks who keep the secret to the library, and kill according to the Seven Trumpets of the Apocalypsis (if we need more, we can always use the 10 Plagues of Egypt :P). The Seer is someone who knows all the secret passages in the Abbey. I have yet to think about the Baner (suggestions accepted). In this game, all characters have to be male, but there are several roles besides just the religious: Brother smith, glazier, cellarer, cook, herbalist... there are also male servants, who aren't monks.

Soo... please, sign up here and vote on your theme! :)

Game will start probably on Monday,depending on how long it takes to get the required number of players. (Minimun 7, but the game is better with more players involved - at least 9-11)

Any doubts, please PM me.

Remember... if you want to play, you are most welcome, but you do have to post at least once every 48 hours, otherwise the fun is spoiled for everybody. Usually the game runs for 10-20 days, depending on the number of players.

Hope to see the vets back, and plenty of new people too! Any doubt, please PM me :)

~Tanny, your friendly (for now :P) moderator

~~~~

Edit: please, can one of the mods of the boards edit my poll to correct those funny characters that weren't supposed to be there?? <_ thanks>

Stealth Edit: What funny characters?

Those up there... ehh... huh... well... nevermind. ;) And thanks! :D

Edited by Tanuchan

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why yes, count me in! I've seen one or two of the other Werewolf threads pop up every now and then and they seemed to be great fun, so I'm grabbing this chance with both hands :D

I'm more in favour of a Name of the Rose kind of setting though - guess that's my fantasy obsession kicking in :P

I'm in.

I'm this obsessive compulive who also investigates crimes.

I'm Monk Adrian.

(and how do you keep clean in the 14(?)th century?)

:)

OK, not really.

But if it goes there, I'm there.

(Brother Beekeeper, maybe?)

But, I'd much better like playing the monster of the week show.

Irwin Allen production want to be.

Drop names left and right.

The swinging 60's.

Fun stuff.

The Name of the Rose sounds cool, but I voted the TV crew idea because it sounds really cool.

If NotR, I'll be a servant, since I suspect there won't be many wanting to be one of those. Fourteen, lanky and pimply, he grumbles under his breath whenever no one is looking and secretly steals socks for the fun of it, but smiles and chats whenever anyone talks to him. Not sure of a name, I'll need help with that.

If the TV show, I'll be an actor. 60's monster shows would be mainly male characters so I'll be one of those. This guy is a main character on a beloved weekly Soap opera, so he's well-known among soap watchers and he's extremely egotistical about it. The kind of guy whom no ones likes but he goes out with them because he assumes he's invited. He's also not a very good actor. In this show he's not a major part... Is this going to be on a spaceship or what? He'd probably be an engine maintenance guy or something.

PS... I'm in :P My schedule doesn't look to be too bad in the next little while.

I've been seeing these for the last few months, but I was never around when sign-ups were happening. Looks like my luck has changed (at least until I get offed, I suppose B) ). I like the idea of the TV serial. If we go with that one, I'd like to play a creepy gaffer who spends all his time up in the catwalks.

Sign me up! I love both ideas. :)

The TV one: It reminds me of the one inspired of these infamous 1950's monster movie. I would go a bit further with this one. Why not making it actually A TV serie, with all the kitch "Stay tune" catch phrases. I have the good ol' Batman TV show in mind.

As for Name of the Rose: This is an excellent premiss for any Werewolf game.

Signed-up so far... (@ Jan 29 noon...)

dragonqueen

Vahktang

Venefyxatu

Sweetcherrie

Katzaniel

Kasmandre

Lady Celes

Akallabeth

Knight

Quincunx

YanYanGanaffi

Gryphon

MeThinksUFoolish

At least for now, TV serials is winning by a narrow vote... :P I need to know if any of you will *not* play if the theme you voted for isn't chosen.

And sign-up will be open for a couple of days yet.! I'll start the game thread probably on Sunday night, open for free RP on the theme chosen. I'll be assigning the roles 24h after that, and the game starts. Sign up will be possible until roles are assigned.

~~~~~~~~

Edit: updating players

Edited by Tanuchan

Vahktang -- Lye soap. Ashes, animal fat (perhaps pressed vegetable oil if we're being very strict), boiling kettle, dreadful smell. Cleanliness next to godliness, etc etc.

Celes -- Oh dear, I'd forgotten about Attack of the Atomic Space Werewolves. No spaceships, if I can help it.

Tanuchan -- I will step outside of my comfort zone and commit!

I AM SO IN!!

Feels good to be wearing the old sheepskin again.

I voted for the TV sitcom, but ill play in either of course.

For the TV: im thinking a retired-actor gone-director who is use to people listening to him. A frustrated guy who has to deal with egotistical actors and rumors about how his female leads got their parts (wether theres any truth to those rumors, well i'll wait and see how the charater feels). Still he's good at what he does and still finds time to enjoy some fishing with his buds.

For Monks: Eh, i'll think of something if i have to, id prolly go as one of the newer monks who is thought as a bit more radical than the rest

Soooo excited about this game so lets get it started already and get as many people in it as we can. maybe if we get enough, we can fit in 3 wolves....who knows?

I'll need 17 *active* players for a third wolf... :P But who knows? Maybe we get that number!

*prods anyone reading this thread*

Come on, it's fun and you will like it! Katzaniel stated very good reasons to like the WW game - I wish I could remember in which thread... :P

Edited by Tanuchan

So many characters to choose from!

The weekly damsel-in-distress, or her understudy the evil spider-woman, bouffants and shellaced beehive hairdos, jealousy and dreams and strained relations with the male hierarchy. Set-makers who cannibalize other shows' discarded props, costumers that moved west from the Dust Bowl and know how to make one garment cover the entire season, makeup artists who tipple the cheap cologne in between takes, with scripts in their pockets that get placed daily on the director's chair. The network censor who spends too much time inspecting the costumes as worn, a reinstated casualty of the Hollywood blacklist, a one-time rising star. The primitive synthesizer artist who is obsessed with getting his dreadful snippets of electronic music into the show.

The abbot, royal bastard and power-broker, forced into the monastery after his false pedigree was discovered at court. The confessor, perhaps a baner who guards people by granting them absolution for their suspicions, he who hears the suspicions and sins of all the monks. A scrivener monk who conceals a heretical chapter of the Bible in the black borders of a single illuminated page, and restless young assistants whose spelling quirks helped make English the bewildering thing it is today. A lowborn chorister, barely literate, whose full-throated voice can carry from the chapel to the outbuildings when he sings. Beekeeper and candle-maker whose face is permanently covered in welts from a beeswax allergy, vine workers from the countryside and their overseer the vintner who pays them for rich foods forbidden to the clergy, the monk at the pond who uses the casts of his fishing pole in lieu of a rosary.

Edited by Quincunx

I listed some reasons in the WW game I modded, but I think I said it better in this PM:

I think it's a great chance to practise making characters, playing them, and basically honing RP skills. I also have a soft spot in my heart for the intrigue, strategy and mystery, and the plain and simple fact that RPs that end are otherwise rare.

Quincunx: I'm glad you're joining this one, I've never had an opportunity to RP with you. That is, if you can decide who to play. :P Personally, I think you should go with the make-up artist or the abbot.

Not the abbot, I can't plot on the fly. For that matter, I can barely plot at all. The plotters would plot rings around me in LARP. I was less of a pawn than a horseshoes stake. (Note: Being someone who forces interaction with other players gets you involved in other people's plots. This is your only warning.)

The image of the fishing monk grows brighter in my mind, with a slightly sunburnt tonsure and a comfortable spot in the grass, a wooden bucket nearby with water and the day's catch:

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name (swish, plunk! goes the fishing line), thy kingdom come. . .

Quincunx, I'm predicting that I'll love any character you play...

And we still have a tie on what we'll play :P. I'm considering, due to the number of new players, to use the TV Serials theme -- that would make for an easier RP, and besides I know of at least one player who's not very familiar with (or doesn't quite remember) The Name of the Rose.

Whatever the theme we decide on, I will surely mod the other one next time I have a chance to!

Well, I'll give at least another 24 hours for people to sign up. As weekends in general are a bit slow for RP, I think I'll start the official thread on Sunday evening or Monday around noon EST. I'll post a *big* notice here when the theme is chosen and the thread is up, don't you worry! :D

~Tanny

I've thought of both characters of both themes.

TV: Tim Price, the voice-over man by excellence and the host of the late night Horror movie presentation where he takes the guise of a handsome Dracula.

Rose: I'll be Brother Mathieu, a timid but respectful brother. He helps the monastery with the gardens and the cooking.

I finally came up with two characters as well :

TV Series : Emmett, one of the make-up artists. This guy has the biggest afro ever to be seen on a white man and just ... doesn't ... stop ... talking! It's not that he's unfriendly, but actors who want to remember their part try to avoid getting their make-up done by him.

Name of the Rose : Novice Felipe, who is called "the Eternally Punished" as long as he's not around. This one, too, is a nice guy, but for some reason he always ends up saying or doing exactly the wrong thing at exactly the wrong moment. Ever since his first week in the monastery he spent more time doing penance and sweeping floors as punishment than actually attending classes and studying. But hey, who notices a sweeper, eh? ;)