The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf XV: Sign-up & OOC

Tanuchan

What theme would you like to play?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Francis, sweeping the path across the yard, couldn't help but overhear the lecture. The garden path! he willed frantically, almost gritting his teeth in desperate hope. He so hated sweeping the paths. Make him do the paths... yes... say it, yes... yes!!!! He smiled, and it was a real one, not just the smile he portrayed for the monks when they were around.

That's gotta be a sin.

:D

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sticks in my lawn. Dear God, people just don't appreciate the perfect green anymore," Brother Gulzar mumbles, as he takes out the sign, and carefully covers the hole.

"That was certainly different when I was working in the hanging gardens, now those were people that appreciated their plants. The thought is nice though..." and he places the sign neatly next to the lawn.

Standing back and looking at the sign a plan forms in his head, and he runs of to the abbey.

2 hours later

Brother Gulzar comes back huffing and puffing, from the heavy load he is carrying, and gets at work.

again 2 hours later

Once again standing back and looking at his work. The lawn now totally surrounded by wooden signs.

"Now, if that doesn't work," he grins.

OOC: Sorry guys, this one was too good to let it pass, but not really flowing in the RP, so I thought I'd put it here.... :D

- Sweetcherrie

Sign-up closed ... if you missed the game this time, we invite you to the next one! :)

As we are just one player short of the minimum to guarantee three wolves, I'm applying a rule variant that makes possible the existence of an extra wolf by "turning".

Turning Rules: the wolves will have a chance of turning any one player except Seer and Baner.

• turning can be tried during the first three nights; after one "villager" is turned, there's no more attempts.
  • there's a 50% chance of turning; if there's no turning, victim is "killed" normally;
  • Baner and Seer can't be turned; they'll automatically die when attacked, unless Baned; it counts towards the limit of three nights;
  • as a twist, there will be no revealing of the number of wolves alive; a dead wolf will be revealed normally;
For RPing purposes, let's consider that the fanatic monks (wolves) have a chance to convince one of their first three victims of the Holiness of their cause.

If you have any doubts, please either post here or PM me.

I'll be sending the roles and posting the first (NPC) kill in a few hours. Meanwhile, please go on having fun! ^_^

OOC: I accuse Cryptomancer - Brother Benedicte. reason: It's a guess, but he's one of the poeple I haven't seen writing yet, and it's guessing at the moment anyways. sorry, nothing personal.

Hey, don't worry - everybody knows that it's never personal... and the first lynching is always guesswork (and most of times consists of people jumping into the bandwagon :P)

Everybody: Keep the fun, your posts are great !!

Cryptomancer, if I were you I'd try to check the game before you get lynched without ever saying a word... maybe I'll just put you under a vow of silence also ;)

Sweetcherrie... I hate accusing without reason also, so I'm looking for someone to influence my vote.

I'm not sure if I can justify an in character switch to Brother Benedicte based on the out of character knowledge that the accusation was made because the bees told someone to do it. ;)

~~~

I hope I'm not too far off the mark with my character portrail. I've not read the book this is based on, I'm not religious by nature and I've never played a cleric in D&D so I'm having a hard time getting my posts sounding right compared to everyone elses. :unsure:

Edit: Looking again at that timetable I'm so glad I'm not a monk in real life. :)

Edited by Gryphon

Man, this choosing is tough. Don't really want to kill an innocent. . . . (me continues contemplating)

:unsure:

Edit: thought about changing wording, then changed mind, then made edit to insert edit note. See above for explanation. :unsure:

Edited by Akallabeth

How lynching will work

There are some possibilities for the 'lynching' - as we can't really have the innocent monks killing each other, can we?

So, there is an Inquisitor coming to the Abbey (with another purpose at first); with all the rumors of Devil's work going on, it's not hard to guess that he'll want to investigate and interrogate the suspects.

I need a favor (or two) from all players:

• If you think it's possible for your character, PM me a secret/terrible sin in his past, and if a confessor has ever heard about it; if there's a confessor involved, who he was (can be a PC or NPC) and what the penance was. This won't be revealed unless I need it for a "lynching"; remember also that, in case you choose a PC confessor, no monk will ever break the secrets of Confession.
  • If you have a nice idea for your 'lynching' that doesn't involve you being killed by your brethren (not on purpose, at least), please PM me and I'll work with it.
At this moment, we have the followint tally...
  • Brother Benedicte (cryp) => 5 votes
  • Brother Rhys (Akallabeth) => 1 vote
  • 1 official abstention
Edit: typo Edited by Tanuchan

1 official abstention

If you choose not to choose you still have made a choice.

Where is this monastery, Swizerland?

I feel like changing my vote to you 'cause you fence sit.

C'mon, nobody knows anything at this point.

You just hope (and pray, in this game :))

OOC: I'm not saying Vahk's character started out to spread rumours, but I am saying it has *become* a rumour, at least among some people.

Thank you, I like that.

It always irked my squid that a player would say I said something OOC.

Mods, sure, they can do that, but players...?

Edited by Vahktang

1 official abstention

If you choose not to choose you still have made a choice.

Where is this monastery, Swizerland?

I feel like changing my vote to you 'cause you fence sit.

C'mon, nobody knows anything at this point.

You just hope (and pray, in this game :))

That one's me. I know that choosing not to choose is a choice. Right now, that's the one I'm making. And seeing that Bennet is still on a "no one's going to die ever again" kick, I can't exactly vote for anyone to be lynched.

Now, that's not saying that someone can't convince him. Someone with a glib tongue could get him to vote definitely for someone.

And feel free to vote for Good Bennet if you want. I'm sure the other monks'll be fine with you picking on the poor boy B)

I think that (for now) I am of the same mind as well. I don't think that Rhys would accuse anyone yet, even if he is suspicous.

Note: Thanks to Tanny for clearing up the death part. It didn't quite seem right for a bunch of monks to start slaughtering each other. Then again, that's what this setting is :), except with few slaughtering many rather than many slaughtering few.