The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf XV: Sign-up & OOC

Tanuchan

What theme would you like to play?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you think it's possible for your character, PM me a secret/terrible sin in his past, and if a confessor has ever heard about it; if there's a confessor involved, who he was (can be a PC or NPC) and what the penance was. This won't be revealed unless I need it for a "lynching"; remember also that, in case you choose a PC confessor, no monk will ever break the secrets of Confession.

I'm going to be really blond here, but does PC mean Personal Confession and NPC > Non Personal Confession?

- Sweetcherrie

Wanted to post in the RP but had a very tiring day and am affraid to write rubbish. (guess it'll have to wait)

Edited by Sweetcherrie

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*laughs and hugs Sweetcherrie*

Non, chére -- it means Player Character and Non-Player Character :) What I meant was that you could choose one of the other players as your confessor; if you actually tell him (by PM) what the sin was is up to you. Or you can choose someone who's not actually in the game.

I should have made myself more clear :P

Day phase is over, and cryptomancer has been lynched on the following tally:

Brother Benedicte/cryp => 5 votes

Brother Rhys/Akallabeth => 1 vote

2 official abstentions

It's what we call 'night phase' right now - meaning that you can RP at will but cannot accuse or even speculate! For RPing purposes, you are free to RP the rest of the day, from soon after Prime to the time you retire (or are supposed to retire) after Compline.

Cryptomancer, sorry for not giving you chance to RP even a bit with your friends... but, if you find the time, you're welcome to post at any time, RPing whatever happens after you leave the Abbey. You know the rules - no influencing the other players in any way. :)

I'll post a scorecard after the night kill.

Good luck, and good hunting!

It was probably clear to all the other players but I'm just very blond, every now and then.

Let's stay diplomatic and say that you didn't roleplay very often yet ;)

Now to find who did it ... hmmmmm... *wanders off deeply lost in thought, vaguely hoping he didn't forget his map*

SCORECARD

Those in the Abbey...

... and those who left
  • Brother Adelmo of Otranto, first NPC kill
  • Cryptomancer => Brother Benedicte, left the Abbey in penance
  • Brother Venancio of Salvemec, second NPC kill

{content edited}

Sorry, hit the enter key and all got a bit messy :P

As I was saying, during Night Phase you cannot do anything.

During day phase, yes, you could do that. And yes, you could PM Knight to ask him - it *is* RP stuff. However, he might have chosen not to answer, knowing that you would be accusing him... ;)

Edited by Tanuchan

*wonders who's going to beat him to it*

You put the text you want coloured differently between the [ color=red ] [ /color ] tags, but without the spaces. Also, substitute red for any basic colour you can think of... if it doesn't work then the forum doesn't know it and you'll have to find another one :P

Edit Hehehe ... Tanny, I beat you :P

Vahktang, you don't need to mention the color again in the closing tag - that's why it's not working :)

Edited by Venefyxatu

Use (without the spaces)

[ color=your color] your text [/ color]

Or quote any of my colored posts and see the code :)

Edit: Venefyxatu beat me to it :P

The colors you can use are

red

blue

green

purple

orange

yellow

gray

Also, yellow is hard to see in the tan and blue skins, and purple is very hard for those who use black skin - so you may want to avoid those.

Edited by Tanuchan

I get the feeling that the day and night cycles are controlled more by whether or not Tanny can get to a computer and whether or not the wolves, seer and baner make their posts to Tanny quickly...

I know the other game I played in it sometimes took forever to go from one day to the next. :)

Gryph is right... it's always 48h (day phase)/24 h (night phase) from the moment I post the changing of phases. It does depend on the nearest time I can grab a computer (though unless I have all votes/targets I won't post earlier), coupled with the time I take to actually *write* the post :P

The only reason to extend phases more than a couple of hours are if there are no votes or there's a tie at the end of day phase -- but be warned that I *will* end up the phase after the extension is up, even if I have to roll dice.

Also, if any of the specials (wolves/seer/baner) do not send me their PM by the end of night phase, that's forfeited. The only reasons for night phase to be extended are 1) no PMs at all, from anyone; 2) the mod (me) not being able to post for some good reason.

I hope I clarified your questions? :)

To the Seer/Baner: if by any reason you know you won't be around for a couple of days and may not be able to send me your PMs when due, just send me a list of your targets; I'll always wait for a confirmation, but in case that does not come, I'll use the said list. At least in this way, you won't lose your night.

~Tanny

Edited by Tanuchan

I forgot to add... current tally is:

Brother Adrian/Vahk => 2 votes

Brother Phillips/MTUFoolish => 2 votes

Brother Gulzar/Sweetcherry => 1 vote

Brother Tomas/Knight => 1 vote

Brother Farhaven/Damon => 1 vote

You have about 9 hours still left to break the tie... or create more of them :P

Edited by Tanuchan

Hmm... Tanny in RL frowns and looks at her post's time stamp, then back to the thread, and also does some counting on fingers... meh :blink:

It seems this wolf here (

The current (and probable final) tally is...

Brother Adrian/Vahk => 4 votes

Brother Phillips/MTUFoolish => 2 votes

Brothers Gulzar, Thomas, Farhaven => 1 vote each

I'll edit this if it changes, and the scorecard will come at the beginnng of next day phase :)

~Tanny Shakes her head and mutters about not knowing how to count

Some RP instructions...

Brother Adrian has Confessed after the Abbot's passionate Sermon, but he would never know that, under such heavy burden, his Confessor would choose to break the Seal. This fact, obviously, is unknown to everyone except the Abbot.

You are free to speculate why the Abbot chose to imprison Adrian, but of course no one of you know that a Confession Seal has been broken - and the Abbot won't break his, that's for sure.

Brother Adrian has been communicated that he will be handed into the Inquisition's hands for suspected heresy, on account of his talks to the bees and claiming that they counsel him. That's the official version, and the Abbot has decided that it is enough reason. Vahktang, you're free to RP what happens that night. But don't kill yourself !

The mysterious shadow that has spied upon the Confession will also be revealed later - and no, it's not the Seer ;)

The Library

All players (except maybe the servants) are guilty of what Brother Adrian has reported in his Confession -- all of you have tried to enter the Libray at night, and discovered that it is, first of all, an enourmous Labyrinth and, second, that it is guarded by the fumes of strongly hallucinating herbs. No one of you has breached the secret of the Labyrinth (how to locate yourself in it, or - for those who read the book - how to find the Finis Africa). But you are free to decide how far you went in your exploration, and the consequences.

The servants (I believe it's just Katz?) are free to decide if they've also tried to enter the Library.

If you want, you may have had *one* "accomplice" on your little venture - you can use PMs to set that, as it's purely RP. :P

I think that's all. Please, any doubts PM me or post here :flower:

Good luck!

~Tanny

Edit: I forgot - Vahktang knows who's who in the game, so he's the official backup mod ;)

Edited by Tanuchan

I'm pretty sure it's just me, but I've appropriated four or five servant personalities other than Francis, and I'm beginning to name them. :D

I'm not quite sure if I understand what you mean about the library. Correct me if I'm wrong:

i) Entering the library is considered a sin for all but the library's keepers.

ii) Every one of the PC monks, novices, copyists, gardeners, the blacksmith, etc. has tried to enter the library for some reason or another.

iii) The library has a labyrinth around it, though no one who hasn't been inside would know that.

iv) The abbot now knows that everyone has entered the labyrinth.

Why would all the monks try to enter the library? Some of them are very devout. Also, the information of whether we've entered (for me) and why is to be PMd to you, RPed, or kept to ourselves?

Hmm... okay:

i) It's not a sin, it's just forbidden. The argument is that most of the books are very ancient or rare, and should be manipulated with lots of care. The real reason is that there are several 'heretic' books, e.g. by Muslims and other infidels, that are kept there because they show the Glory of the God by contrast, but not all people know how to make the difference between these heretic works and those that aren't.

ii) Yes

iii) The library *is* the labyrinth. Everyone knows it is, but no one has found out how to locate themselves once inside. I could scan the map from the book, but I'd need someplace to host it so I could post it here. Or I can send it by email to someone who can post here - maybe Akallabeth, as he has already done it with the Benedictine Hours?

iv) The Abbot knows that many monks have tried to enter the labyrinth, but if he knows who they are, his lips are sealed by Confession ;)

The Labyrinth and its purpose, description, the reason for forbidding entry, and how this is enforced (hallucinating fumes from herbs, plus a very smart design with some tricks included), are as described in The Name of the Rose. Later I'll quote some passages referring to it (didn't have time to locate them when I was writing the post).

I hope I've clarified enough? Or did I just make it worse? :unsure:

Why would all the monks try to enter the library? Some of them are very devout. Also, the information of whether we've entered (for me) and why is to be PMd to you, RPed, or kept to ourselves?

Not *all* the monks of the Abbey. Just those who are PCs in the game ;)

As for the reasons: some of them are scholars and would resent (although they shouldn't) the heavy restriction on accessing the books/scrolls. I forgot to mention that the Librarian has the power to deny access to some works unless directly authorized by the Abbot.

Some of the monks could have done that because of the secrecy around it - call it "curiosity", specially if they've done that when younger, or as novices. Others could have had other, more secret, reasons... who knows? As for the most devoted, maybe when younger they had the desire to see a special book that was denied them... All these reasons were present on the book as reasons why monks could have wished to enter a place forbidden to them.

As for your reasons to enter the Library, it's up to you; as I understand that people could be afraid of posting that and ending up giving a reason to be accused, it can be

PMd to me and I'll post it (anonymously) when I have the chance, or at the end of the game :)

But for sure all of you have entered the Library - it's the IC reason for being killed, after all... :P

Great RP, folks! :D

*hugs*

~Tanny