The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A Booth of Candles

Wyvern

Salinye clutches her aching head with one hand as Wyvern drags her through the Carnival by the other, pulling her past Lorne and Scarlot's booth and briefly waving to Venefyxatu as a snowball wizzes by them. Picking up his pace as he glances at his Almost Dragonic Brand Discount Cereal Box Wristwatch™, the lizard turns towards the high elf for a moment and hisses:

"It's only a little farther... Sssorry about this Salinye, but you have to see this new booth! I'm telling you, it's the perfect amalgam of a wishing booth, a kissing booth, an eating booth, and an Almost Dragonic Brand Discount Cereal Box Wristwatch Merchandise Stand™."

Salinye cringes upon hearing Wyvern's description, her headache worstening.

"It sounds... wonderful, Wyv. But do we really have to visit it now? It's getting late, and I'm a little tired."

"Yes, we do!" exclaims Wyvern firmly, glancing up at the moonlit sky for a moment as he passes an auction stand that's in the midst of being set up. "Just a little farther, right around this corner. Oh, and shut yer eyes, I want to dazzle you with it."

Salinye takes in a deep breath as she slowly closes her eyes, preparing for the very worse as she rounds the corner with Wyvern. As her almost dragonic guide comes to a halt, she opens them only to find a brightly lit birthday cake set upon a wooden table, along with a surrounding entourage of pennite well-wishers wearing party hats and bearing gifts.

"See, what'd I tell ya?" hisses Wyvern, sticking out his forked tongue. "You can make a wish when you blow out the candles, there's plenty of eating and kissing to be had... oh, and before I forget."

The overgrown lizard removes his Almost Dragonic Brand Discount Cereal Box Wristwatch™ and hands it to Salinye.

"Happy birthday, Salinye!"

;-)

OOC: Hope you have an awesome birthday, Salinye. :) Get well soon...

Venefyxatu touches an item on his table, concentrating on it for a moment before leaving his maze alone for a little while. He brushes the snow off his robes as he comes over to the Candles booth, softly humming a rather off-key version of "Happy Birthday".

While he's waiting in line for the others to wish Salinye a happy birthday he has a look around and notices that someone spent a lot of work on that cake. As he passes a table with some more candles on it he makes a quick gesture with his hand, summoning the object he just touched from his table to this one. He barely has time to put a candle in the icy candlestick before it's his turn.

"Happy birthday, Salinye!"

Kasmandre the Koot walks into the booth, looking momentarily confused as to why he came in. Then, seeing Salinye, he suddenly remembers. As quickly as he can, he runs over to Salinye and bellows entirely too loudly (his Almost Dragonic Brand Discount Hearing Aid having shorted out again, this time setting some of his hair to smoldering), "So, another year added to the pile, my dear, eh!? I wish you double their number still in front of you and the happiest of days in the meantime!" He then bows deeply, falling asleep about halfway down and collapsing in a heap on the ground. Quickly, Venefyxatu and Wyvern drag his slumbering body off to one side so the rest of the crowd of well-wishers don't accidentally step on him.

ooc: Happy Birthday! :wizzie:

The four Ganaffi siblings (Yan Yan, Boslio, Janu, and Saria) each hand Salinye a gift wrapped box. While wishing the high elf a happy birthday, the thunder of trumpets sound in the background. The whole group turns toward the noise to see the Shapein Armed Forces Color Guard and Ceremonial Band marching to where the booth is. Playing the Sharpein national anthem, which sounded a bit like the United States Marine Corps hymn, the Sharpein colorgaurd gave an impressive display of coordenation and flag twirling. The band's precision marching had everyone watching and enjoying the show. The band and color guard ended their routine in a flurish. The band parts as Presidente Pilocanci walks toward Salinye followed by his politial cabinet. Smiling, he stops in front of the high elf. "Salinye, for your effort in helping our people settle into our new home, I award you with Golden Lance, our nations highest peace time medal." Salinye bowwed as Pilocanci placed the medal, which was on woven gold ribbon, around her neck. As she stood up, Pilocanci shook her hand. "Happy birthday, friend." With that, Pilocanci and the Sharpein detactment began singing happy birthday to Salinye.

OOC:

Thank you so much! I'll be sure to respond to this in rp style when I'm feeling a little better. :0) Turning 30 is wonderful! I enjoy 30 even more than I did 20! My birthday was rather uneventful as I am so sick, and the roads iced over, but that's alright. :0) We'll do something to celebrate later. :0)

Thanks again to everyone for the sweet birthday wishes!

~Salinye :fairy:

happy happy birthday! and hey, since you've been sick, and the roads have been icy, now that they're all melted they'll be all flooded, which gives you *more* time to drag it out and time to get all better, so by the time you're not sick any more you'll have had a week or so's birthday! :D

Hope you get a chance to get out and *really* celebrate it!