The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

"Love Letters"

Ayshela

Falcon!

You gave us the Reply Raven, the Many Rooms of the Pen Keep, plus amazing poetry and participation. Although you’re not as active as you once were, I can’t imagine the Pen family without you. In a way, you’re one of the ones who feels very much like a son to me (no offense intended). Believe in yourself, push your comfort zones, and force life to say “no” to you by always trying to open new doors.

-Peredhil

Finnius,

The only person to whom I was ever tempted to give a password. Your idea of writing in each other accounts on the Archmage UBB was brilliant – as are most of your schemes. When we “revealed” that you were actually a character made up by me, it would’ve been priceless to see the reactions. I almost regret I didn’t take you up on it – but I still think with your imagination and skill, it would’ve been better to have me revealed to be your made-up creation.

Thank you for letting me be part of your life. The way you support your friends is not only amazing, it’s quirky and refreshing at the same time.

-Peredhil

Foe Calibur (Matteo),

I miss your poetry and support. You’re another who hit Quill Bearer and just faded away. It’s a definite loss and I hope you come back. * hugs *

-Peredhil

Gryphon,

I love your energy, skill, and that you can easily kick my but on the Guild’s rearranging word thingie. The way you construct your works but manage to keep them human is too cool.

-Peredhil

Gwaihir,

I love the character, I love the Wiggly Cabbages. But most of all, I love the person behind the Avatar. Thanks for being a sounding board to my life on Yahoo! Messenger all those times. I think you have an amazing testimony to bring to the world, and I’m glad you’re following your heart and pursuing your passions. You’ve taught me a lot about when not to be Polite, and I don’t think you understand the depths of respect I hold for you. I’d never manage the Assistant Lore-Master position with the grace you brought to it.

We WILL manage to meet before I leave the area, I hope!

-Peredhil

Gyrfalcon,

Demi-God of Terra Lost, Elder, and someone I count a friend. I wish we had more time together online, but the fault is mine. I think it says something that it was a mind surprise to find that someone for whom I had so much respect was younger than I’d thought – I’m usually pretty good at judging that sort of thing. You have an amazing calm and great RPing skills at defusing situations justly.

-Peredhil

Happy Budda,

Heh, the only Pennite to have eaten me. You’ve managed to cheer me up at times no one else did; I love your enthusiasm for life and heart for others. When I was fading away from the Legion of the White Rose because I couldn’t make time for EverQuest, you were right there keeping the ideals of honor and comraderie that too many others had become disillusioned and lost. Thank you for your IRC presence, and your Pen presence. It should be no surprise that someone with a heart that big carries it in an even bigger body! * snicker*

-Peredhil

Hopper Wolf,

It was a welcome addition to have another wolf at the Pen, and you entered with grinning teeth and padded steps. But Role-Playing aside, I think I most appreciate your presence in the Banquet Hall, not only writing good works, but providing meaningful feedback on how other’s poetry affected you.

-Peredhil

Illianna Wolfsong,

Another poetess who’s faded from our midst, like ephemeral fog, remaining just a memory. You wrote lovely poems; it would be nice to read another from you.

-Peredhil

Imposter,

Long time no read here at the Pen. You’ve left Aardvark to really show our membership how to write in the Assembly Room and what a Troubadour can be. You really helped to set the standard for a Troubadour high! Anyone who can write like you should be more active – if life allows. I think if you came back to us, you’d find fresh enthusiasm in the Guilds.

-Peredhil

Isachar (and the Squirrel Duo),

I love your writing and commentaries. Your Role-Playing is quick and bright, and I think we became a bit too slow and stodgy here. Your Legion promotion commentaries were brilliant, and if we could get you back, it would worth be worth it to hold promotions Role Played on IRC just to read the squirrel’s take on what happened!

-Peredhil

Izabella,

Bella means beautiful and that fits so many things about you. Post more so we can promote you!

-Peredhil

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dearest Q

I have known you but for a fleeting moment but you have captured my heart and ghoul

I know that love at first sight sound ludicruous but your presense have hit me like a rock

I fell for you the first time I saw you, and i'm still nursing the cuts i received from the tar

So this is my letter I've written you

In the vain hope I'll receive first aid for falling at you

Yours lovingly

SLithery reptile

Dedicated to the men who grace my life with their presence...

YanYan - In a short space of time you have become a dear and true friend to me. Regardless of the troubles that life throws at you, you refuse to give up and I truly respect that in you. For being a strong and wonderful friend, I thank you.

Ozy - I never thought I would be much of a writer. Further more I never thought I would ever be accepted in a place like this. Your overconfidence in my skill and warm welcome to this world has truly meant a lot to me. Another wonderful friend, I thank you.

Cryptomancer - My Custos. You have always been there for me, and helped me see that perhaps my ramblings are not half bad. Ever present in my life, you are one of my strongest inspirations and closest friends. My Guardian Shadow, I thank you.

And last but not least...

Gryphon - What can I say? You have graced my life in a way that words cannot express. I love you baby. There is so much more to say, but never the time to say it all. For being in my life, I thank you.

I have so many more things to say, and to so many more people. But most of you already know this. The above is merely a token of my rambled thoughts...

I'm going back to the Christmas stuff now...I'm back at work tomorrow so I intend to enjoy today!

My friends, Pennites, thank you all...

Salinye,

Thank you for your friendship when I first arrived here, for making this place feel like somewhere I could call home.

Ayshela,

Thank you for your patience during my introduction to WereWolf. It was lots of fun gaming with you, long may it continue.

Epinephrine,

I count you as one of my closest friends in RL, to say nothing of here. I know you've just set off on an adventure that takes you away from all you've ever known. May it work out brilliantly. Come back to us safely my friend. I know you'll probably still be here but I shall miss you none the less.

Cryptomancer,

My long time friend. Thank you for your time, your friendship, your patience and humor. Your writing that always makes me jealous and your photography which makes me wish I could do the same. Words often fail me, may they never fail you. My friend, thank you.

Mynx,

Thank you, for everything. You've given me so much over the last couple of years, much of which you probably dont even realise you've given. Thank you my love for your time, patience, support, smile, hugs, writing, laughter and tears. Thank you, thank you, thank you. There's so much more, but I hope we've got all the time in the world for it to be said.

To everyone else who I've become friends with on here, to all those I've RPG'd with, written with, interacted with or otherwise had touch my life on The Might Pen. Thank you all. Seasons greetings to everyone, and though I know it's early and there'll be plenty of posts to come (maybe a Pen New Year Party)... Have a safe and happy new year to all.

Jade,

A mysterious and precious name for a mystical writer. I know you’re still an Initiate, but sometimes it’s hard to remember that, because you fit the Pen so well.

-Peredhil

Jakob,

Wow, From Real Life to Legion to Pen, your competence and effectiveness at doing whatever you turn your hand simply amazes me. I respected your writing when I first “met” you on Archmage, I respect you now that I know more of you as a person. *hugs *

-Peredhil

Jareena Faye,

You kinda got off to a rocky start because you have so much passion and fire and we’re a pretty mellow place. But that’s all to the good, because once you were told how we do things here, you showed your heart to us, and we found that fire can warm as well as flame. Hold onto your convictions Honey.

-Peredhil

Jechum,

It seems like you’ve always been a part of my life, you fit so well; It’s hard to believe it has only been 15 years. When I consider the sacrifices of time, and love you’ve so consistently given to me over the years it humbles me. Your zest for life is zany and crazy, and yet your heart is so golden. You can be obnoxious, abrasive, and so outrageously flirty that even I blush – and yet you quietly counsel with wisdom greater than Elrond when the chips are down. Obviously, I’m at a loss for words (for once, eh?), so I’ll just sum it up.

You still haven’t figured out all my FARS world yet. Hah! Peredhil’s world, get a thrill!

Joat,

Hmmm, this reminds me, your birthday is coming up soon. Since it’s the same day of the year as my Dad’s I can actually remember that. Sorry, refocus. :P Reading your posts on the Archmage UBB inspired me to let Zool beat me into being a Bard. Talking to you quietly in IRC showed me depths far beyond silly games.

-Peredhil

Jonathon Wolfe,

You write poetry with a depth yet clarity I want to emulate. But what really gets me is the heart in your feedback, and how you manage to affirm while making really meaningful suggestions on how to help.

-Peredhil

Judicator,

I miss you. I still am waiting for you to find the time to finish your writing project of presenting that battle from different points of view. The first one still gives me visuals when I reread it.

-Peredhil

Justin Silverblade,

You’re another one who doesn’t know how good he is, how much he’s grown, and needs to post more.

-Peredhil

Kasmandre,

I love how you RP your Avatar. But what really shines is the way you so subtly support others here. It is noticed, by me if by no one else.

-Peredhil

Katzaniel,

Tiger Lady, Guild Leader, Writer, Poet, Role Player, Free Spirit, Tender-heart, and a positive person who gives so much more than she receives here – and gives anyway. I’m glad you found your way home here to the Pen. Like Ayshela, you’re definitely not appreciated nearly enough.

-Peredhil

Knight,

I’m so proud of you. You’ve grown from a God-Moding too-proud touchy Role Player into a sensitive yet strong man. It shows just how much you’ve matured that you can celebrate others strengths and victories, without feeling diminished yourself, or losing your sense of humor. Plus, it’s amazing to find someone else who constantly strives to live the Army values, not just quote them.

-Peredhil

Kokuryuu Flameshifter,

Hey lady, where have you gone? You are a bright spirit of flame and fun. I think that if you were a dragon, like in the Dragonlance novels, you’d be a heroine.

-Peredhil

Lady Celes Crusader,

Mon ami, I have nothing but respect for you. Your courageous battle to keep the Pen multicultural and your championship of ensuring that other languages have their own place would be enough. But you also stepped up into the difficulty of Guild Leadership when they were new and young. And you’ve consistently and actively supported all the Pen in Role Playing, commentary, and your Café. Thank you.

-Peredhil

Loki Wyrd,

You’ve a fresh voice and one that should be heard more. Sometimes your poetry is dark and brooding, and at other times enough to stir the heart, but it is always worth reading.

-Peredhil

Lumpenproletariat,

James, from Warleader of the Pen, to LoreMaster, to Elder, to IRC buddy, you’ve always been there for us. You were one of the first to take a stance on what you believed to the point of stepping down completely from the Tower- something that whether others agreed or not, caused us all to stop, think, and reconsider. Not enough people put integrity over power in life, however you are an example of just that.

-Peredhil

yay1 more of my random inadequacies. Seriously though, if I had the words, i'd say them, so you'll just have to do with this :P

Knight- it's always good to know that some people still go out of their way to be polite

Gwaihir- thanks for being helpful and such.

DL_Snake- dood, you seriously need to learn how to get excited about things.

Zadown- happiness and excitement is in the mail, it should be arriving shortly.

Wyv- Well, not much to say really, just that you're Wyv and we love you, and thanks for making people laugh.

OCC: *huggles everyone because hugs are fun*

Lady Madoka,

You told me once you started writing to improve your command of English. I’d say you not only improved, but mastered it. You definitely live as a daughter of Samurai. I hope you can visit us with your presence occasionally.

-Peredhil

Melba,

You make great food, don’t let Wyvern tell you differently. You’re a wonderful Almost Secretary, and have a big heart, in proportion to the rest of you. Just more of you to love. I hope you get Brutesy someday.

-Peredhil

Merelas,

You’ve come such a long way. Even as Balladore, you showed great skills as a writer. Now you’ve grow as a person to the point you’ve opinions without being strident, and confidence without being arrogant. I’m glad to see you up in the voting membership.

-Peredhil

Mira,

You’re one of the truest poets I know. I’m really glad you came here, and even more glad you stayed. You don't nearly get the responses and feedback you earn and deserve, but maybe you leave others speechless besides me.

-Peredhil

Mynx,

One of the Trio of RP! You bring out the best not only in Cat’ and Gryph’, but have provoked the rest of us into writing not only more, but better. Thank you for coming to the Pen.

-Peredhil

Nyyark,

I love you as a son. But not only that, the subtleties of your thinking and creativity leave me wordless, often. I wish you had time and energy to write down and develop more of your identities.

-Peredhil

Orlan,

You are indeed the Man. In and out of character, I think I have more respect for you than even you have for yourself – and you’re one of the most rational people I know. Thank you so very very much for all the support you give to the Pen, behind the scenes. You were guaranteed an Elder spot when we started in perpetuity, but you’ve shown repeatedly why you are Elder of Bards. Minta’s bedtime story is still one of my all time favorites.

-Peredhil

Ozymandias,

Loremaster and friend. You’re far better in Real Life than online. Most people, like me, talk Christianity more than living it. You live it. You’re an amazing man of convictions – and a darned good writer too!

-Peredhil

Parmenion,

You’ve the gift of speech and writing and the will to develop it. You’ve managed to reach past your anger and bring forth award winning sensitivity. Plus you write a great record of travels. Next time you travel, come see me!

-Peredhil

Psimon,

Hey, both of y’all and Bob the Golem need to come back!

-Peredhil

Purple Shadows,

Hon’, you need to get that Quill Quest out of the way so we can promote you! You have a range of talents, but more importantly, you have the heart to reach out and support others in their growth too.

-Peredhil

Ozzy- It was great meeting you IRL this year and I think you are so brilliant. (BTW- if you tape Catgirl Nuku Nuku for me, I'll pay you for the tapes). I love reading what you write here at the Pen, and I feel fortunate to know you. Thanks for your kind letters from earlier this year. You are such a great guy.

~Zariah

Wyv- *sigh* IRL you are so close! I work in Georgetown Monday thru Friday....SERIOUSLY let's have lunch! As Wyvern, you make me laugh each time I read something you write. Keep being creative, it's a wonderful gift that you can share to brighten others' lives.

~Zariah

Dear Salinye,

Despite our differences, you remain one of the people I respect and cherish most in my life. For even in those long periods when we haven't been in touch on a one-to-one basis, I am gladder for knowing that you're still out there working for making the world a better place - and make no mistake, you're damn good at it. Your delicate, yet fiery warm touch and determination have had a profoundly positive impact on the Pen that will last for years to come, if not longer, and I would find it hard to believe indeed if someone told me, you did not bring that too *all* of your life.

Finally, I wouldn't dare forget what a wonderful writer you are. Vive la Hostel!!! :>)

Sincerely,

~Ozymandias~ :dragon:

Dear Orlan,

We've never talked even half as much as I would like, but hey, what can you do?

Even so, you very solidly remain one of the people *I* most credit the Pen's existence to- and not only because of the tireless and top-drawer work you do in the webmastering portion these days, but for how much you were one of those who most inspired me, way, wayyy back in the Archmage: Reincarnation from Hell days, with your easy wit and pen of a natural storyteller. You, as much as others I am going to name soon, are why we're all here today.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Sincerely,

Dear Rune,

I think of you, and I think of Bilbo's line (my favorite one of his!) from the Fellowship of the Ring: "I don't know half of you half of well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Not only because of the fact that I know you half as well as I would like (you, like Orlan are very definitely in the 'fascinating people I hope to know better someday' category), but because you seem like you'd not only understand but appreciate the humor in it; you carry an understanding of what is joyous and happy in life that I see all too infrequently everywhere I turn.

Also, like Orlan and the other people who richly deserve credit for the Pen is Mightier than the Sword existing at all, you do too. We would not have had the wonderful site you put together, had you not made the decision to bend that keen, clever mind to creating it.

Thank you for all the joy you bring, even when you are sad, for you are one who never left a doubt, even then, that you care.

Sincerely,

Dear Tzimfemme,

I have lost track of how long it's been since we met. Five years? Six? And yet you remain a puzzle to me, for overall, I know I still have much to learn from you.

You are the most charming, strong, cunning, powerfully spoken, rock-solidly moral, trustworthy, and loyal puzzles I know, too. :>)

Until just the past year, it seems, almost all of what you say has been a riddle to me- you have a gift for speaking your messages as solidly, correctly and made up of exactly as many layers as you choose.

Some people would say that confusion is a bad thing. I say I know that my lack of understanding in your case is not the fault of the speaker, but of the listener. I know that I simply need to undertsand more, to learn more to move up to your level.

And I like that very much indeed. You challenge constantly, I'd wager, and even in such a roundabout way, you challeneg me to grow and improve in my understanding of the world around me.

Thank you, for your solid support of everyone you've ever chosen for it, for sharing that stunningly able mind, and pushing *me* to do better- just by being here.

Sincerely,

Master Peredhil,

What can I say? In Archmage, you showed me how much further I could go, once I had started on my path to self-discovery and growth through the pursuit of imagination and philosophy in that place, and then helped not only myself but so many others in so many lasting ways by being the cornerstone of this community that you have.

One to one, be it face to face, or in 12 point font, you only ever reinforce that influence tenfold.

The Pen, as well as I, would not be where they are today, were it not for you, too.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Dear Gwaihir,

You're one of the ones I regrettably do not treat nearly as well as I should as a dear, dear friend, but your quiet patience, bombastic zeal, and eager joy in the Pen and in the rest of life earned you the place of one I hold most dear in my heart, no matter how shoddy the practice of that belief is.

Your devotion to your fellow man, to what is right, and to being that person who steps up to get things done still impresses and gladdens me more than I can say.

We need more people in the world like you.

Sincerely,

Dear Mynx,

Overconfidence in your writing, indeed!

Do me a favor- do a 'find all posts by this member' on such names as Peredhil, or Orlan, for example.

Read two or three pieces by each of them. Any will do.

Then think on this for awhile- yours is the quality of writing that I hold in the same esteem as theirs.

Your loving heart, too compares, if not exceeds that of people such as Master Peredhil's in grandiosity and sheer, awesome scope. From our first conversation, I could almost feel the love leaking out of your prescence.

You should not underestimate yourself, or even more importnantly, EVER look down on yourself. To do so would be far too much like a miner saying, "Oh, damn. It's only a hundred-mile wide vein of silver. Guess we'll have to keep looking."

You are worth so very, very much.

Sincerely,

~Ozymandias~

Dear Zool,

Amigo. You were one of the very few, who right from the start (Archmage) not only made me feel welcome, and wanted, *and* helped me hone the all-too important sense of humor, but also helped keep my head above water- most times, without me ever telling you you had. Just by being there; by bringing the laughter, and quiet introspection you are so very skilled at drawing out in others.

You too, own a large stake in the Pen is Mightier than the Sword. You kept a ragtag little guild/army in a vidoe game alive, and viable long enough for it to be able to take what I can now see was it's next logical step, and become the separate entity that has evolved into the Pen we know and love today. An entity- No, a group of people who have been *my* life preserver, as well as I know not how many others' in many dark times. You too, I cannot say we would even have been here today without.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Dear Jechum,

You were leader at a time when we sorely needed one. With you as Loremaster, we stayed together. The Pen owes its survival to you very much as well.

Thank you so much, for all it has meant to me, and all others who have fallen through its' doors.

Sincerely,

Dear VenefyxIdon'tknowyourname

This is a person that I can often talk to and share ideas with...plus it's a nice bonus that we think...at least for the most part...similar:) Yes, Venefyxwhatshisname has helped me to strengthen a few of my writting adventures with some witty ideas and I hope we can continue to do so for who knows how long. Venefyxhooloo is a friend I've had ever since the ambb...whence Black got his start...and really...so did I:)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Katzaniel

I find your one of the people I can write best with. It's nice to find someone like that. I hope we can do so in the future to come:) You were the one who originally helped me to gain Lotus's experience to being playable in other RPGs. Again I thank you with all that I am.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I of course want to thank the rest of the Pen members as well:) I wish you all happy times ahead...thank you and good night:)

Edited by Black9

Bonjour Madameoiselle Celes Crusader,

You have been a Pennite of highest quality in my eyes, from the very beginning. I belive we came across one another briefly, perhaps only once or twice, in Archmage, but when I finally got to know this 'Lady Celes Crusader' in the walls of the Mighty Pen, I was (and am!) impressed and pleased.

Your continuing dedication to representing non-english languages here equally has been a blessing- we are a much fuller and wiser community for it.

More on you yourself, though- you've long been a very impressive belle to me indeed, because of the bearing, style, and class that seems to have been in short supply indeed in America, largely since the turn of the century even. And even more importantly, you are so passionate a person, you fairly warm a room just by entering it. Women, well, people of either sex, really like you are rare gifts indeed in this day and age.

Merci beacoup.

Sincerely,

Dear DeantheAdequate,

Bud, you've had this one coming.

You are the wisest beyond your years, perhaps out of everyone I have ever known. You have a stout, pure, heart, and a strong spirit to back it up with, making you all the more special, needed, and appreciated.

Even your zealous dedication to others, to the point of running yourself into the ground to make sure that *they* are happy, before you may rest...while necessarily chidable, since no-one wants to lose you, is forever laudable at the same time.

Your comrade in grandest face smashery,

Dear Tanuchan,

Few are the souls who are as warm and gentle as you that I have met in my twenty-five years. I don't think I'll even run out of fingers yet, to get the final tally.

You are a salve to the weary, and a blessed friend to the hearty.

I can't wait to go a-wolf huntin' with you again. :>)

Sincerely,

Dear Gnarlitch, Leif, Vahk, Jammeez, Eyremon, and any other Kenzerite I have missed,

You lot are an amazing bunch of writers, for one.

For two, there are many of us who could learn lessons in love and respect of our fellow man from all of you. The simple, easy, yet emphatic way you all accepted your welcome into our group was mirrored exactly in the readiness, warmth, and trust you welcomed all of us into *your* circle with as an immedaite response.

Keep it up. I'm still taking notes. :>)

Sincerely,

There's various people I want to thank for various things, but I'll be brief like a Finn. *cough*

So, thank you:

Gwaihir - for truth. I trust you'll tell me the moment my writing starts sucking. Even if it never does, having an insurance against missing such a momentous change in my quality of writing is never bad. ;)

Yui - for inspiration and inquisitive mind. Various parts of the Dreamer multiverse are better illuminated in both of our minds because of your questions.

Valdar - for the will and skill to write along with me, in my world, even when I have been bossy about details or kept secrets to myself. You would do well to play a bit less and write a bit more, to help me keep a shred of humor in the cold Void. :)

Peredhil - for politeness and a childish glee, and the willingness to spare my writings a slice of your hotly contested time. Your insight has been very helpful when I've asked for it.

Wyvern - for endless stream of imaginative and humorous works. I've never been able to read them all, but the overall steady quality and volume of Wyvern's schemes is staggering. You project an aura of creative energy that makes us others want to write, at least something. Respect, yo!

Tzimfemme - for confusion. I have a sharp mind. Getting to use it when I read instead of just passively soaking text is an intoxicating experience.

Salinye - for breathing more life into the already vibrant Pen Keep. Even if you are currently busy with your other interests, you'll always be heartily welcome back here.

Appy and Morgane - for sisterly (or should it be motherly? *ducks*) advice. ^_^

And thanks to all the elders, current and past, who work towards keeping this place, my virtual home now for over 3 years, in good repair and alive.