The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

"Love Letters"

Ayshela

Patrick,

Amazing moose and fix-it dude, I don't know how (or why some days :P) you make time for us, but your contributions to the pen are great. Thanks for caring, for being around to bounce ideas off, scheme with, and chat with.

:),

Gwaihir

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pen~

I was doing a search in the cabaret room for "Salinye" because I was looking for a thread that is older than dirt. Imagine my surprise when my name came up in a thread entitled "Love Letters". "Hmmm, suspsicious." I thought to myself. I had completely forgotten about this thread and read through it and I have to tell you that even after all of these years, the warm wonderful sweet words that people typed to me warmed my heart and brought a much needed smile to my face.

Maybe it's because I'm feeling sappy and sentimental this evening, or perhaps it's the sweet words of friendship that have been remembered, but it's so easy to walk away from a community and feel like you've been forgotten or that your fond memories are somehow skewed and you, or your writing, never touched anyone anyway.

This must be one of the best threads every created on these boards. Spewing kindness, praise and mush to your fellow writers, rpers and friends is a worthy way to spend your time! I hope that many people that feel like they've been away too long and -did their presence here ever matter anyway?- will wander in and read this thread and find sweet words to warm their hearts.

Thanks to all who sent kind words my way. Kindness and friendship should always be lengthy visitors.

Here are some new love letters for a few old friends, some whom I have not communicated with for a very long time.

Cyril Darkcloud: You and I had very little interaction on *this* board, but much on another. You are a wonderful person irl and in character. There isn't a thing that I don't admire about you and I can honestly say that you are one of the most brilliant and eloquent writers that I've ever had the pleasure of writing with and meeting (albeit, too brief.)

Gyrfalcon: I will always appreciate the time we spent as writing partners. Our story lines allowed the romantic in me to soar and that has breathed a depth into some of my characters that I fear would be lacking without. Thanks for all for all of the laughs and I hope you are as blissfully happy in real life as you were in your stories.

Tamaranis and Katzanial: Another couple of pennites turned offline friend! (I slowly convert all to my offline cult! Katz, you were a harder sell, but I had Tamaranis sucked in from day one! So little challenge in vampires these days.) You are both fun spirited people and great writers and part of why the pen has always been so fun for me. I especially enjoy your wicked senses of humor. HEY Katz, Tam was wrong! We were together in person for an entire 24 hours and did NOT take over the world. Wonders will never cease...

Wyvern: Evanyvern! My friend! You exude (Is that a word? oh well, go with it.) kindness, friendship and caring. You are part of the spine of the Pen and you bring a humor here that breathes life into the community. I enjoy our friendship offline as much as on, although we have too many long gaps between talking, don't we? Yes, yes, I know I'm to blame. I'll try to get better at that. Our stuffed Wyvern is a reminder of our friend in the sunny state. Thanks for being so wonderful in the Pen and out!

Yui-Chan: We haven't talked in so very long and I don't know if you even visit here anymore, or if you are just a shadow like I now am. However, the gift of the signature that you drew for me of Salinye is still prized and precious. You are one of the most multi-talented people that I've ever known and I hope that you and Aegon on out there happier than Wyvern in a shop full of geld.

Mira: Poet and friend. Time goes on and we always seem to reconnect over messenger, don't we? Such a great person to talk with and wonderful writer. you were my writing partner in one of my favorite written stories. If only time would allow us to spin a tale together. What fun we would have. I hope you're out there enjoying life and embracing all that is warm and happy.

Patrick: Did I ever get your new identity on my msn? I know you asked me to add it several times! How sad it is that life can steal our time so easily! You, my friend, are an excellent writer, a great person and someone I've enjoyed talking with immensely. Thank you for all that you do for everyone that you encounter. :0)

Ahhh, there are so many more...perhaps I'll return later and post more letters of friendship and devotion. What a great thread. :0) Nothing ever written to lighten another person's day is ever written in vain. Thanks for all the memories!

~Salinye :fairy:

• 2 weeks later...

In no order whatsoever and forgetting many who deserve a mention.

Peredhil: You are a great guy, much better than I feel you consider yourself. :) Thanks for all the chats and listening to my occasional rants. You understand people so much better than I do.

Wyvern: Your posts are always there when I need a smile. Stay how you are. The Pen wouldn't be the same without you.

Tanny: Hours and hours of fun on MSN. :) Thanks for all the fun, all the listening and all the fun. :P

Gwai: You are such a great listener and always offer good advice. Thank you.

Salinye: MSN issue sorted out. Glad to finally be talking with you again. I really missed our chats.

Mynx: Along with Tanny or even on your own you are also quite capable of brightening up my evenings. :)

Cyril Darkcloud: You'll probably not see this or if you do it will be a long time from now, but thank you for introducing me to the Pen.

• 1 year later...

Wyvern,

For always taking the time for our site, no matter what disagreements may happen.

Peredhil,

For your unflagging compassion. Needed everywhere, extra treasured because we *always* get it here.

Gwaihir,

For still watching.

Giles,

For forgetting no-one.

Jason Newcomb,

For coming back, and for sharing what you found while you were out.

Oxygenplant,

For honesty.

Mai Takekaze,

For never forgetting our little clubhouse, and proudly flashing your membership card.

Jomeansme,

For trusting us.

Patrick,

For fixing what's broke.

Tanny,

For being Den mother extraordinaire.

Kikuyu,

For bombastic presence and words to songs I can almost hear.

Degorram,

For keen mind and joyful heart.

Snypiuer,

For making me laugh or think every time.

Hjolnai,

For being the "new kid" most likely to unseat 'Iron Man' Wyvern.

Tzimfemme,

For in actual fact, being Ray Bradbury, Spider Robinson, and Harlan Ellison in one.