The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf XIII: Halloween '04

Tanuchan

"Help me, please, help me... please"

The words trail off with another quiet sob.

Vahktang freezes, his fingers nerveless when just before he had been fumbling to open a window. Gnarlitch and Mynx have a mirror-like reaction, Mynx jumping and holding Cryptomancer very tight, while the dwarf does the same to Ayshela.

The fighter looks down in surprise at Gnarlitch, who's at the moment whimpering in perfect echo of Mynx right above him.

"Was that an effect of the falling down? Did he hit his head?" wonders Finnius, frowning.

Others, bracing themselves, peek outside the room. They can still listen to a faint whisper, coming now from the direction of the staircase.

"Help me... please, help me..."

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

"What... hmmmph...."

Leif falls down as an extremely frightened Dragonqueen bowls over him, scared by the tall figure that suddenly detaches from the shadows. Merelas and Celes close in on them, one with Brillemire drawn and another ready to cast a spell. Both sigh in relief at recognizing the vampire.

"Transe." Merelas sheathes the sword, while Celes and Leif help Dragonqueen. "Where have you been?"

The vampire just pushes them out of his way, shaking his head and pointing to the staircase, slowly going towards it. Gwaihir plants himself in front of him, frowning and trying to question him, but Transe just steps aside whithout bothering with the elf.

There's a moment of general hesitation, the sudden appearance of the until then silent soul-vampire filling more than one with some kind of foreboding.

Tanny~wolf peeks in, hackles raised and immediately shimmering back into human form. "No, take care!"

Her shout comes too late. Transe growls in surprise as he sees himself suddenly caught in a net that tightens around him and pulls him fast and straight against the ceiling, where he crashes in with considerable force. Splinters of wood fall on those who ran to try to help and are now right below Transe, who's groaning in dizzy pain.

"Look out!" cries Papa Smurf, retreating hastily under a table.

The net bursts, dropping Transe noisily into the floor.

Sometime later, when Katzaniel finally gets a way of transporting the vampire back to the Manor, Tanny and Ayshela get the net from the ceiling. They look at each other as they find the small note.

You live for the souls

That you cannot have

The net you use

Is made of magic charm

Now see how we caught you

In a simple fisher's net.

Do fishes have souls?

Trick or Treat!

~~~~~~

OOC

Transe/Degenero Angelus was a silent vampire, maybe looking for souls to feed upon. But he never acted through pranks. He was an innocent guest. It's Day Phase and you have about 48 hours, until Saturday around 10 pm EST, to cast your votes and find a wolf.

Good luck! List of player's at the OOC thread.

Edited by Tanuchan

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celes had been shocked with all the events. After helping out with Dragonqueen she looks over Marelas.

- This is definatly bode nothing good for anyone. I hope he'll get better. I wonder what Vahktang is up too?

(OOC: A vote against Vahktang)

The little blue man scuttles over to the prone soul-vampire, kneeling to make sure he's all right. After a cursory examination, and a small tremble, Finnius stands, turning to face the others.

"I'd say it's a good thing he was technically dead to begin with, because otherwise he'd have some severely punctured organs... these pranks are getting more serious, it would seem." The diminutive blue mage picks up one of the ropes which made up the net, sliding it through his hands and trailing the knotting with a finger. "Excellent workmanship, whatever else can be said... I seem to remember that dwarves are good with ropes, as a natural result of cave-dwelling."

Finnius glances at Gnarlitch, putting pieces together in his mind haphazardly.

"And weren't you fishing for something in your pack earlier? Hmm..."

OOC: A vote for Gnarlitch.

The dwarf looks at Finnius like he's lost his marbles completely. *giggle* Maybe it has something to do with blue skin! That other blue guy is just plain wacko too! *giggle giggle* But silly and crazy are not the same as being an evil prankster. The dwarf stands in the middle of the group, looking this way and that, noticing different odd things about each person. But none strike him as evil pranksterish, some evil and some pranksters, but none evil pranksters....except for that Crypt guy, again. He was just plain mean, tricking poor Mynx that way and drugging her. THAT WAS AN EVIL PRANK IF HE'D EVER SEEN ONE! But hadn't he said something about this before? Maybe someone would listen THIS time. Having made that decision he moves about the room giggling and telling all about the evils of the evil mage Crypto-whatever.

"Hey! Like, you know, that Crypto dude? Yeah, the mage guy. Uh huh, yep! HIM! He's gotta be the evil prankster, I just know he's bad..."

[funky music beat][singing][dancing]

"Ya know he's bad bad bad, he's really really bad. *grab crotch* WAO!! *pelvic thrust*

[/funky music beat][/singing][/dancing]

OOC:Vote for CRYPTOMANCER

Gwaihir scratches his head. "Honestly, Gnarlitch your obsessive need to get cryptomancer strikes me as a bit sketchy? I dare say I hope you aren't one of the troublemakers lyourself. Still, unlike some people, I do not make tons of accusations, so I will watch and see."

OOC: No vote for a bit, one later probably

Vahktang thinks over recent events.

Ghosts. Vampires. Evil books.

And so on.

"All I wanted to do was go to a party. A costume party on Holloween. I like costumes. Holloween is fun that way.

"And I end up here.

"Well, 'an adventure is an unpleasent experience six months ago.'

"So I guess this is an adventure.

"And in an adventure you have to have some bad guys.

"Cryptomancer, that's a bad guy name.

"What do you have to say for yourself?"

OOC: A vote for Cryptomancer.

'Cause he has a bad guy name.

Ayshela looked about in concern. Things had gone from fun to puzzling to worrisome rather rapidly. Looking about at her friends, those she knew and those she knew less well, she found the thought of accusing anyone more than slightly distasteful - and yet the necessity to find what was affecting them, and help them overcome it, could not be argued.

As that thought crossed her mind, her eyes rested once again upon the ceiling and its current inhabitants. With a small nod to herself, she moved in that direction and said:

"Crypt, you've been acting more than slightly unusual since we got in here. You're creeping out Mynx, and that's not like you at all. Let the book be, and come down here so we can make sure you're okay."

Standing beneath Mynx and bracing herself solidly, she prepared to catch Mynx should she fall.

OOC: regretfully, a vote for Cryptomancer

While Gwaihir was standing around frowning he listened to Ayshela speak and couldn't help but nod to everything she said. "I had assumed that he was just acting strangely because he was in a haunted house and was beign accused of being some evil person but now that I think about it... Maybe I was just being naive. It Does seem that he is suspicious.

OOC: Vote for Cryptomancer.

CheerMynx whimpers and looks up (down?) at Ayshela bracing to catch the cheer-cat should she fall.

Clutching her pompoms closer still, she looks over at the glowing Cryptomancer, who remains ignorant to her whimpering form.

Suddenly, she lets out an ear splitting wail that causes everyone on the floor (ceiling?) to simulatenously wince and look up.

"I wanna go home!"

Wailing dissolving to sniffles, CheerMynx huddles over her pompoms and mumbles softly to herself, "I need another drink..."

[OOC: No vote. Drunk kitty too confused]

Edited by Mynx

The book in Cryptomancer's hands begins to glow, the glow spreading as an aura of red light around his body.The eye in hi forehead glows brighter, as the aura of red increases in intensity, the scarring over his body seeming to pulse.

Suddenly a pillar of light jets upward from the pages of the book, hitting the Runemage in the face. His scream echoes through the walls of the room (setting off the cheerleader afflicted).

Cryptomancer's shadow deepens as the scream reaches a new pitch. The aura suddenly takes a shape of its own and moves away from the mage, who crumples onto the ceiling where he sits before plummeting to the floor below, the shadow dissipating as he impacts.

The group realises that his scream continues even as his body lays unmoving upon the cracked floorboards.

The shifting glow of his aura takes shape and the scream turns into a demonic laugh. Standing on the roof is a red figure of shifting light that looks at the remaining group in the room.

"Hear the curse of a haunted soul,

that walks with you, your blood to chill,

and burn your spirit cold.

Be so bold as to run, we shall find you still,

for in this place maddness lives,

and seeks your lives to hold."

*demonic Laughter*

Mwah ha ha ha hahahahahhahaaaaa !

The red figure vanishes all of a sudden, and the silence that takes the place of the scream is as shocking as the laughter was.

Mynx renewed wail has the effect of starting people into action, and Ayshela is the first to react, grabbing Finnius and Leif, "She'll fall...."

The three hardly have the time to brace themselves as the drunk CheerMynx falls heavily on them, screeching. Gnarlitch looks at them, apparently undecided as to giggling or screaming in sympathy.

Tanny, Merelas, and Gwaihir kneel besides the very pale and unconscious Runemage, Tanny resting a light head on his forehead. He looks his normal self again... They notice his scars are gone, and there's no sign of the third eye. The soft green glow that indicates Tanny's use of earth Healing washes away the last remnants of the red aura.

"Someone find Tamaranis and Aegon... he must be taken to the Manor. Peredhil will help him much better than me."

Vahktang nods, leaving the room with half a mind of trying also to find other exits besides the tunnel.

"The book! Where's that accursed book?" Celes looks at the ceiling, then to the floor around both Cryptomancer and Mynx.

The book seems to have vanished. And they seem to hear a whispery laughter, repeating until fading away,

"Hear the curse of a haunted soul,

that walks with you, your blood to chill,

and burn your spirit cold.

Be so bold as to run, we shall find you still..."

~~~~~~

OOC

Congratulations! Cryptomancer was a prankster (wolf). He has been freed from the curse, and will be healed completely at the Manor. It's Night Phase; wolves/Seer/Baner, PM me your targets. Day Phase starts in about 30 hours (Monday, around noon EST).

Many thanks and a hug to Cryptomancer, who wrote the scene of his own "lynching" . ^_^

Edited by Tanuchan

Merelas steps into the hallway with Brillemire drawn, still trying to round up the missing people in their party. Soon, he realizes that unless he finds someplace to put them all, they'll keep roaming about this haunted house. Searching for a suitable spot, he moves about randomly until he stumbles upon an office-like room. It is octagonal, with a desk facing the door and an ancient chair behind it, everything covered in cobwebs. Bookshelves line the walls, and a fireplace is directly at his right.

With a wave of his hand, he lights a fire there, and steps into it. He sends himself to where he last knew some of the party to be, and hopes that they're still there.

CheerMynx continues to scream and sob hysterically, clinging onto Ayshela with a deathgrip as the panic floods her alcohol filled bloodstream.

"What's going on?! Where's Crypt? What was that light thingy? Why is everyone getting hurt?"

Sobbing unhappily, CheerMynx huddles against Ayshela, who tries to support her friend's dead weight while her ears ring with the screeches, her mind unconsciously looking around for some spare alcohol to calm the cheerleader while the rest of the room's inhabitants gather about to shift Cryptomancer back to the Manor.

[OOC: Shoulda figured he was a wolf...but who's going to protect (and tolerate) the cheerleader now? :huh: ]

"oy, my ears! Mynx, breathe once in a while, will you? And stay close to me, so i can make sure you're alright."

Ayshela continues trying to calm CheerMynx while Cryptomancer is tended to and returned to the Manor. Watching the activity around him, she begins to check her mental list of who all came through from the manor to make sure everyone is here and - well, *relatively* - safe.

"How disturbing" comments Gwaihir and turns to walk out...promptly running into the door. Now he has a new reason to rub his forehead and a new bruise, but it's the wolfiness of Cryptomancer that alarms him most.

"I suppose it's too much to hope that he's the only one?"

"How disturbing" comments Gwaihir and turns to walk out...promptly running into the door. Now he has a new reason to rub his forehead and a new bruise, but it's the wolfiness of Cryptomancer that alarms him most.

"I suppose it's too much to hope that he's the only one?"

"They _always_ run in threes.

"Bad things run in threes.

"Celebrity's die in threes.

"Nostradamus had three anti christs.

"There are three people here who, who, uh, help me out here."

"There are three people here who, who, uh, help me out here."

Finnius glances back, grinning sardonically.

"There are three people here who, unwittingly or not, are trying to hurt the rest of us? Well, we should make that two now, shouldn't we?" The little blue mage shakes his head slowly as Crypt is taken away, closing his eyes and sighing heavily.

"Well, on the up side, at least that's one down. Which means whatever infects the other two should be making itself manifest rather sooner than later... probably getting very antsy." The indigo semi-mage smiles nervously at 'Shela and Mynx, before glancing around. "Where's Merry?"

"You mean, whatever affected Crypt is likely to have affected three people, because that's the normal pattern of such things?

While i hope you're wrong, i have to admit i wouldn't be at all surprised.

I'm just glad he'll be okay."

One arm around a now semi-quietly sobbing CheerMynx, Ayshela gave an audible sigh of relief as she watched Crypt being returned to the manor.

In the shadows beyond the doorway that Gwaihir just tried to walk out, largely unnoticed by those in the room two baleful red lights appear, disturbingly similar to eyes opening in the darkness.

The shadows beyond the doorway deepen and become more menacing as the eyes narrow to a glare watching those clustered in the relative safety of the one room.

The elf is always spacey in company but sometimes natural things can trigger his attention and Gwaihir spins around when the eyes appear. Suddenly his face turns into gleeful joy. "A venus fly trap w ith red eyes!! It must be a new species!!!. Very quickly he ignores the rest of the room. "How are you mr. venus fly trap and do you have 'pink eye'?

The temperature in the corridor drops several degrees as the eyes narrow further, a feeling of malevolence permeates the darkness beyond the portal.

A faint whisper of sound can be heard that brings scales (or vines?) on stone to mind and the eyes begin to recede away from Gwaihir taking the darkness and chill with them.