The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf XIII: Halloween '04

Tanuchan

A cold touch startles also Leif, and Vahktang suddenly notices a curtain moving. There's no open windows, though.

Vahktang does impressions:

"Nyang,

Nyang,

Nyang."

But whether it is Curly or Lou or some other is not known.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

{OOC: Lou would be more appropriate. ;)}

After the sensation passes, Leif checks his inventory of bottles.

"Good, didn't lose anything."

Peering around the room, Leif decides it might be best to stash the mead out of sight. He slowly walks around the room looking for an ideal spot.

*hmm, I should check some of the other rooms, guess I'd better start drinking the mead now*

He settles in a corner and slowly sets down the bottles so that he can open one up. Remembering that he didn't grab a corkscrew, he picks the bottles back up, and heads out looking for a kitchen.

Stumbling slightly as she exits the tunnel into what appears to be a very large room, Ayshela looks about and locates the various people who've entered before her. Spotting CheerMynx sprawled across YanYan, she laughed slightly and headed that way.

"Hey Mynx," said a disembodied voice near her. "I found this in the tunnel, and thought you might want it." Mynx jumped slightly as Ayshela appeared before her, holding out her missing pompom.

As candles suddenly lit and the rest of the room became visible - or more so, at least - Ayshela absently dropped the pompom and studied her surroundings. There seemed to be a wide variety of exits - or entrances - to cover, and those stairs..

Ayshela drifted off in deep thought, pondering the odds (admittedly slim) of keeping the group together until they knew what the heck was going on, and what in which world was behind door number three.

After being thrown to the ground and yanked aside, Celes gets up and dusts off her white gown. After placing her crown back in place, the mage looks at those who are already gathered.

- Now that I've been literally thrown around, may I ask if anyone knows anything about this place?

Merelas looks at the Café Owner.

- To be honest with you, I have no ideas but I intend to find out.

Celes nods.

- In that case, perhaps there's some kind of Library or perhaps a Study in which we could fine books and notes about this place.

Celes conjures another flashlight and starts to search around the first floor.

Picking up her stray pompom, CheerMynx clutches them to her chest, wavering a little as her body struggled to fight Cryptomancer's spell of inebriation but failed miserably.

Giggling nervously, the cheerleader sidled up to Cryptomancer, hovering behind his shoulder, ready to hide behind him and use him as a human shield.

Glancing back at his scared friend, Cryptomancer chuckled softly, causing CheerMynx to smile, blink (to try and refocus her vision), and giggle hesitantly.

Still peering over his shoulder, CheerMynx cleared her throat and spoke to the crowd.

"So...um...like...where are we?"

"We be in a dungeon, cuteness. Probably filled with monsters an' treasure....me favorite kind! Hoody Hoo!"

The dwarf then starts wandering around the room, poking into corners, etc. and whispering into his left wrist (kinda like a secret service guy or something).

"Hey! A secret compartment!! Not even trapped or nuttin!" *Reaching in he pulls out a small bag that rattles and clinks, which he quickly stuffs into his belt pouch* We'll look inside that later. Let's find out what else's in this 'ere dungeon first."

"We be in a dungeon, cuteness!"

"All the more reason to get out of it, wouldn't you say?"

Gnarlitch, Mynx, and Cryptomancer start at the sound of a rather bemused Finnius Mustardio Jalopini Canard O'Harpy, who had somehow managed to sneak up on them. The little blue man unties his black cloak, slings it over one shoulder, and grins lopsidedly at the three.

"You three seen Ayshela by any chance?"

Moments after catching her breath, a still-rather-inebriated CheerMynx points in the direction of Ayshela, pondering the choices of stairs, doors, and other assorted portals. The little blue semi-mage nods thankfully and heads over, giving 'Shela a warning pat on the shoulder, so as not to frighten her too much.

"Quite the house, neh?"

"Yeah..." Ayshela gestures at the many exit/entrances, noting that it's a good many to cover, to which the little blue man nods.

"What a conundrum this is... ah! Think I have just the thing for ya." The litte blue man digs around in his pocket for a moment, producing a small scarlet-tinted pair of bifocals.

"What're those?"

"Rose colored glasses, what else?"

Well now... The old room puzzle, eh?

*Dean takes a moment to look around for the odd bottle...*

Well, we should all take the proper precautions.

*Dean fishes around in his smoking jacket and pulls out an old rat catcher's hat, then lights the candle.*

OK then, now I can see.

*As Dean exhales, his candle burns blue for a moment*

THe first thing we need to do is hold hands and form a circle, that way the occult forces at work know we mean business... Or something like that, hang on... it's been a while since I've had to do any ritual type magic.

*Dean pulls out several cocktail napkins. Some seems to have inscribed upon them runes of power, others phone numbers, and a great many more running tabs from the bar advertized on the napkin. He finds one to his liking.*

Here we are! We'll need some liquid, and a small dish to put the liquid in...

Ayshela looks over at Finnius's offer of rose coloured glasses with some bemusement.

"Why.. uhhhmmm.. thank you.. i'm sure they'll be.. most.. useful, though it might be just a bit dim in here for proper effect."

Looking about as Dean rummages through his pockets, she does a quick head count and tries to remember who all she's seen about the room. At Dean's suggestion that everyone hold hands and get in a circle, she realizes that "everyone" will be a mite difficult.

"I think if we need EVERYone, we'll have to round up Leif, first. Drat. One missing already."

Cryptomancer looks around as Mynx Hovers at his shoulder, (his shadow looks the other way around)

"Ok, Is it just me or does this seem to be going to a script? I mean halloween, haunted house, and a group of people in it, um? Arent we meant to split up now?"

Cryptomancer heads to the nearest stairwell, looking up (his shadow looks down)

"Ok I am game for the next floor, any takers?"

Mynx hovers closer, "Like no way, it looks even spookier up there."

Cryptomancer grins, "So stay here."

Mynx looks around as Cryptomancer starts up the stairs, then in a flurry of pompoms is hovering at his shoulder again. the two continue up the stairs with the shadow one step behind.

:raven:

The guests react in several ways to the eerie environment they are in; some seem to ponder where to go, while others decide to start by examining the different objects spread around the big room.

Cryptomancer arrives at the upstairs gallery with CheerMynx almost glued into his shoulder, his shadow looking back at the staircases with weapons ready for any attack. Merelas follows him, stopping at the landing where the staircase branches to survey once more the room and try to note what the others are doing. Celes soon joins Merelas. There's a creaking noise at the end of the gallery, and all three look at the same direction while CheerMynx jumps and screams.

Ayshela picks one of the doors, walking purposefully towards it and being joined by Tanny and Finnius. Tanny-wolf sniffs at the door carefully, when it slowly opens as if by itself and she steps back hastily, bumping into Finnius.

Gwaihir kneels near the fireplace, apparently having found some kind of growth in there; Vahktang peeks in, seeing just something that appears to be a moving yelowish-red blob with tiny tentacles looking at him with baleful eyes... he blinks, and it goes back to being just a weird-looking round patch of yelowish-red lychen.

Meanhile, Leif pokes his head into a room, still looking for the kitchen, and a sudden 'whooosh' above his head greets him. Ducking and examinng the tips of his ears, he curses as he discovers that the bottle that was in his hand is now floating away from him. Not very far from him, Gnarlitch grunts in surprise as the newly-taken pouch starts squirming in his belt, then suddenly disappears.

They all look around, checking where everybody else is, when a surprised yelp comes from a corner then turns into a painful scream.

"Salinye!" shouts Ayshela, running to her friend but being beaten in reaching her by Tanny~wolf.

They find the elf maiden almost unconcious, writhing on the floor, a hand clutched around a small statue that glows a baleful red. Reddish streaks of light wrap themselves around her arm, advancing slowly upwards.

"Mer!" calls Tanny urgently, changing back into human and grounding herself. The flow... it is weird here..., she registers while grasping the twisting earth energy with her mind. I have to check it later...

"Shield her!" urges Merelas, reaching for Chrissiania's Jewel in case it is needed.

"Already did," answers Tanny, "Someone take away that statue! Don't touch it!"

Cryptomancer gets free for a moment from the shrieking CheerMynx's paws, and mutters something softly. The statue seems to slip away from Salinye's grip. Her arm, however, is covered with strands of light that seem to dig into her flesh, and a green soft glow that Merelas recognizes as Tanny's shielding.

"There are Healers at the Manor," says Ayshela.

Merelas quickly assesses the situation and, confirming that Gyr is at the party, he calls a flame and disappears into it. He returns in a few moments, slipping a ring into Salinye's finger then taking her in his arms and disappearing again into the flames.

Vahktang reaches a fingertip towards the discarded statue, curious, and feels an immediate shock. He jumps back hurriedly, helped by Dean who shouts, "Don't be a fool!"

A piece of paper floats to the ground, no one noticing where it came from.

Curious fingers touch everything

catlings meowl and prod the unknown

a little shock is good to teach

to keep fingers back into pockets...

Have fun around, catlings

but beware the cat-hunters...

Trick or Treat!

Merelas reappears among the debating guests, delivering his news. "Salinye is okay. Katz said that she will send help our way as soon as she can round up some sober people... What's this about?"

"A sick Halloween Trick... " mutters Celes.

Tanny approaches the statue carefully. Lifepattern... but unknown. No work of spirits, here.

Angry voices serve as counterpoint for CheerMynx's wimpers and sobs, and soon everybody agrees that any prankster that has had the cheek to play such dirty trick on their gentle host must be found.

~~~~~~

OOC So, Salinye (NPC) was the first victim of the pranksters. It's Day Phase, and you have 48 hours from this time stamp to accuse (state vote clearly in an OOC line, please).

Due to the size of the group, I'll possibly wait until 2/3 of the players have posted a vote. Any ties will be dealt with by rolling dice. The first post of the thread brings the list of players. Good hunting!

Note: if I described something contrary to the characteristics of your Personas, please PM me. I'll be more than glad in correcting any mistake. :) And never take the mod's posts as meaning anything concerning the roles ;)

(Edit: adjusting Merelas's scene)

Edited by Tanuchan

Leif curses several unspeakable profanities.

"That *bleep* bottle of *bleep* mead is from a limited stock!"

Sometime during the cursing, someone clues Leif into the fact that Salinye is missing.

"What? I thought this was supposed to be a party, not one where people turn up missing."

{OOC: No vote yet.}

CheerMynx whimpers softly and continues to try and glue herself to Cryptomancer.

"Wh...what do they mean cat-hunters?!"

Her voice growing more and more high pitched as the fear takes full advantage of the alcohol flooding her system, CheerMynx lets out a wail of fear that causes Cryptomancer to wince in pain as the cry hits him first, shortly followed by the others.

"I wanna go home! Someone get me outta here!"

Her wails continue for a moment until Cryptomancer summons a bottle of alcohol in his hand and thrusts it at the sobbing feline.

"Drink this, and please calm down! You're going to be fine, Salinye is going to be fine, we will all be fine."

Sniffling as she tries to control her fear, CheerMynx accepts the drink and begins to swig from it, the alcohol adding further to the glaze in her eyes as, much to the relief of all the others, CheerMynx begins to calm down.

Looking around the room at all standing there, the feline's eyes finally fall on Gnarlitch.

"Where were you when all this happened? You seem, like, very comfortable about being in this place."

CheerMynx hides once more behind Cryptomancer, drinking from her bottle as she tries to escape the confused (and angry?) stare from Gnarlitch.

[OOC: I vote against Gnarlitch]

Celes had been digusted by the trick that had been played on Salinye. She then surveys the gathered people around her.

- Well, it is obvious that this whole place is filled with nasty surprises in every corners. However, it seems that the pranster or pranksters are closer than I thought.

Celes poses her gaze around many poeple, she witnessed the doings of many of them so she excluded them from her suspect list, but there's many of them she's not sure of their doings.

(OOC: No votes yet)

Merelas keeps his cool, rushing over to Salinye. He quickly asks and finds out that Gyrfalcon is indeed at the party. Calling a tower of flame, he steps into it as fast as he ever has.

The silence inside is deafening. Merelas has taken others inside before and been told that those who aren't fire elves hear the roar of the flames--the crackling of fire in its natural state. In an instant, the eerie old house is gone from his surroundings, and there are only flames. They extend beyond the horizon, and he begins to walk slowly. As he does so, the walls of a fireplace slowly fade into view, and soon they materialize alltogether.

A drunk partygoer screams in fright as he steps out of the fireplace, dusting himself off. He shouts for Gyrfalcon and his shouts are quickly recognized. The ranger appears before him, and Merelas entreats him quickly.

"Gyr, I need to borrow your ring of fire resistance."

Gyrfalcon raises an eyebrow. "And why do you need it?" he asks, smiling.

The fire-elf explains quickly--"I don't, Salinye does so I can bring her over the flames. She needs to see the healers and I'm the fastest way."

In a flash, Gyr had his Bag of Holding out, and dug through it to find a ring of fire resistance. He pressed it into Merelas' hand with a pleading, nervous look.

Merelas winks with more confidence than he has. Instead of walking back to the fireplace, Merelas calls the flames over him where he stands. For those looking on at the party, it would have appeared that in a single instant, a fire rose from his feet to above his head, and then went out in less than a second. When it did, he was gone.

But he retured a moment later, carrying Salinye. Quickly, he finds Katzaniel, and places Salinye in the tigertaur's capable hands... or paws. Returning to the house, he reports, and looks around the group. Could it be that one of them is doing this? Or is it the house? Someone they didn't know altogether? He didn't know.

(OOC: No vote yet.)

Ears still ringing from the screams or the CheerMynx, Cryptomancer watches the comotion from his vantage on the first floor landing, assisting where needed he looks around, (his shadow looks around the first floor)

"Um? Mynx, What was it you said about Gnarlitch?"

[OOC: Vote for Gnarlitch, cause it keeps the drunk Kitty quiet]

Cryptomancer looks around as Mynx Hovers at his shoulder, (his shadow looks the other way around)

"Ok, Is it just me or does this seem to be going to a script? I mean halloween, haunted house, and a group of people in it, um? Arent we meant to split up now?"

Cryptomancer heads to the nearest stairwell, looking up (his shadow looks down)

"Ok I am game for the next floor, any takers?"

From before:

"Well, I guess I'm the Alan/Fred part."

""Let's all separate and look for clues.""

"Who's with me?"

"Hey, I already said that. See?

What am I, invisible?"

"Ohmigawd, I am. It's like that Holloween Buffy episode, where nobody notices what's-his-face.

"Somebody See me," he yells.

With no attention given, he begins to wander:

Vahktang peeks in, seeing just something that appears to be a moving yelowish-red blob with tiny tentacles looking at him with baleful eyes... he blinks, and it goes back to being just a weird-looking round patch of yelowish-red lychen.

Oahua.

OOC: A vote for cryptomancer

Because he copied me and didn't give me credit.

:P

And cause you have to vote for someone.

Gwaihir puts his hands over his head.

"And I here I came in search for a fun and maybe a bit smaller party. I was hoping for a crowd I was less likely to horrify, a crowd who was more used to me, but I Certainly wasn't hoping for a person hurt!

OOC: No vote yet

Meh, people are always getting hurt...

*Dean slurps down his latest martini. A small, muffled scream is heard. A few quizzical looks are given.*

Well, let's face it. I could damage my liver with a dagger, but the martini's are tastier...

Anyway. Let us look into the soul of the killer....

*Dean finishes the ritual magic... a cloudy image appears... There is a child. It's dressed as a badly made ghost. Is walks up to the door and rings the bell. An elderly lady drops in a handful of things. The image zooms in... Candy corn, a few pennies, and a Bible tract.*

I knew she was the one, and now it's confirmed! She's the one who gave you the nasty stuff on Halloween of old. Let's get an angry mob together and...

*Phil waddles over and slaps Dean on the back of the knee. Dean stumbles for a second, then picks back up.*

Oh wait, we were looking for the prankster that deals in very harmful jokes...

Hmmm...

(OOC: Finnius, I have nowhere else to goooooo! Sorry...)

"A prankster? Finnius is hardly the only one here likely to engage in pranks, isn't that right?" Ayshela turns a cold glare on YanYan, recalling his pouncing Tanny just to scare her.

OOC: oh heck, we're shooting blind first round anyway, why not? i vote YanYan.

A large 15foot shadow stands glaring at Vahktang, weapons seeming to multiply suddenly, until the Cryptomancer grins, hey, if you say it once it is jsut a statment, twice it will encourage, say it three times and we.... as Lewis Carrol said, "what i tell you three times is true."

A large 15foot shadow stands glaring at Vahktang, weapons seeming to multiply suddenly, until the Cryptomancer grins, hey, if you say it once it is jsut a statment, twice it will encourage, say it three times and we.... as Lewis Carrol said, "what i tell you three times is true."

Though he puts up a poker face, everyone can tell his knees are knocking.

"What _I_ say three times is true.

"What you copy without attribute is plagarism."

He wishes he was away, he wishes this wasn't so, he wishes this big thing with all the weapons would get out his face.

"Now, now, you... eehm... two..." Tanny looks at Vahktang with a stern face, then at Cryp's shadow with a more dubious one. "Stop bickering.... hm... well, disagreeing. I think we'd better try to find what this place is? Salinye would surely ask us to do it; after all, that tunnel there does end under her Manor. If something creepy is going to crawl on her guests, it's better to find out soon."

Glad for having some excuse, Vakhtang nods heartily and gets quickly away from Cryp and his shadow. "Dear sirs, I believe we should organize parties..."

A high-picthed whistling noise comes suddenly from the upper gallery, and a door slams somewhere. Papa Smurf exclaims something that sounds like 'smurf-fantastic' when another door creaks open near him. A loud cursing is heard, and suddenly a figure all in white stumbles out from one of the doors.

"A ghoooost!" shrieks CheerMynx, promptly pushing Cryp in front of her.

"Looks more like a... rabbit ghost... " mutters Ayshela, not avoiding a chuckle as she recognizes Leif.

The bunny curses again. "That mead was from a special reserve, curse them! I want the responsible for this!" He shakes himself, patting his fur and raising a cloud of white dust.

"Flour," grins Tanny, going over to him and helping him.

"I found the kitchen," grumbles Leif. "When I opened what seemed the door to the pantry, a sack of this stuff feel on me. Heavy. Almost knocked me out. Lucky me for having quick reflexes."

"Classic..." YanYan looks around.

"Listen, better to not go around all by ourselves. Let's organize groups." Cryp turns to each one. "I'm going to the gallery upstairs. Who's with me?"

"Me." Merelas draws Brillemire again. "I was already following you, anyway."

"And me." YanYan steps ahead, turning to Ayshela.

"I won't be near that kitchen so soon." Leif draws Jorgen's Blade.

"Well, so let's go..." the group starts for the great staircase, CheerMynx still glued to Cryp's back and clearly not intending to go anywhere without him. Cryp sighs, but his shadow trembles as if laughing.

Vahktang, feeling more like himself after the weapon-loaded shadow is gone, also looks around him. "*I* said that before him! Who's with me?"

Lady Celes and Itchy answer at once, Celes adding, "But I want to find the Library" while Gnarlitch snorts, "Anywhere far from that big guy. I want to explore." Pushed by Phil, Dean stumbles into Vahk. "Heh... I'm with you, too."

Ayshela shrugs, looking at Finnius. "How about some exploring of our own? That door we were going to try...?" The little blue man nods. "Gwaihir? Elwen?" asks again Ayshela. Gwaihir sighs, but joins them silently.

HappyBuddha fixes his eyes upon another door, pensive, and Dragonqueen looks at him curiously. Papa Smurf has already decided to explore that room, looking curiously into the fireplace and up the chimney. Transe leaves the shadows, silent.

~~~~~~

OOC I'm extending day phase for another 40 hours, due to the number of votes. Currently, we have Cryp, Finn, and YanYan with one vote each... and Itchy with two.

You are currently divided into four groups. Check the OOC thread for more info, please. :)

Day phase ends on Saturday morning, around noon EST.

~~

edit: correcting vote count until this post

Edited by Tanuchan

Unseen above the shadows in one corner seem to deepen and move. From deep within the darkness two baleful red eyes open and survey the people below.

The eyes narrow, perhaps in thought, perhaps with malice... then they flare briefly casting a red glow on the area around them before disappearing... perhaps unnoticed?

The shadows suddenly seem to lighten becoming almost welcoming compared to just moments before.

Waking from his slumber, Nave/Papa Smurf looks around...

Whoa. Sorry all. I uhhhh got knocked on the head. Had nothing to do with those leaves I was smoking. No siree bob!

Whoa. We're voting against people? Hmmm.... I'm going to go with ....

I dunno Laugh.

Ok the first person to grab this piece of paper holds out paper from me, will get my vote tied to theirs for this day.