The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf XIII: Halloween '04

Tanuchan

Celes walks in the main room along with Ayshela, Papa Smurf and the two blondes. However, thanks to the general panic, the Necronomicon is now nowhere to been seen, which worries Celes. The phantasm mages walks over Yui, while searching for the dreaded book.

- Where the hell is this thing?

Yui wonders.

- What thing?

- The Necronomicon...

- Pardon me but these emotions didn't bode you well...

- I'm not delirious... I've seen the Necronomicon here in this Library with Vahktang.

Yui starts to worry since, as a shadow mistress, she is well aware of the powers this book holds within its pages.

- I know it looks like is pulling of a bad live action role-playing game of Call of Chtulu, resumes Celes but this is the thing I saw and I sincerly believe that you should take a look at it.

Yui nods while Celes keeps on searching the book.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cryptomancer watches the antics of the others for a while, then looks back at the book in his hands, glancng over at Mynx he is surprised to see a light fitting, no chairs and he seems to be alone, the room seems different too.

He looks at his shadow, and smiles, his shadow seems to be more interested in the roof of this new room.

Cryptomancer looks up, wonders for a moment if the piano is safe on the ceiling, before sitting down on the floor and beginning to read a bit more.

Mynx looks around, not able to see Crypt any more, she starts to look for the shadow, then after briefly wondering why it was upside down, starts to panic.

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, Crypt, you left me alone, come back here."

"ereh emoc uoy" says Cryptomancer as he waves abcently in the direction of the voice of his friend, Mynx shrieks as she suddenly finds herself on the ceiling beside the reading runecaster.

"ereh dedworc ssel si ti xaler"

Mynx sits down, sulking a bit as she watches the reading Cryptomancer.

:raven:

Staring in wonder around her as Cryptomancer continues to read, CheerMynx giggles as she watches everyone moving around on the 'ceiling'.

"Everyone's upside down!" she giggled to Cryptomancer, who shook his head in amusement and continued to read.

As the blood flows to the drunken feline's head, CheerMynx continues to giggle, somewhat hysterically, as the rush of blood to the head mixes with Cryptomancer's spell, creating in its' wake a creature so annoying in her hysterics, that it is a wonder no government has tried to capture her as a secret weapon of mass destruction yet...

Vahktang thinks:

'I ain't scared of no ghosts.'

Especially stinky ones.

'Hmm, that cat over there is tres annoying.

I bet he has something to do with all this.'

OOC: A vote for Dean => mage, a little over protective of booze; has a familiar (Phil D. Cat);

'cause Dean is married on Gilmore Girls and is fooling around with Rory and she deserves better than that.

The little blue man (The one who's naturally blue.) starts, turns, and promptly forgets what he was going to say; settling instead for a cocked head at the rescue party.

"Evening, folks! Aegon, lovely as ever. Tam! Still dead? Erm... well, I would guess so, s'not really something you get over, is it?"

Several of the assembled mages cough politely and snicker, or roll their eyes. Finnius turns a lovely shade of purple and lowers his eyes slightly.

"Okok, so I got better... once or twice... twelve times, tops. I think. Hey, anybody else notice this house is haunted?"

The little purple man turns to the walls, scored and stained by years of disuse, and trails a hand along the splintered and deformed wood-grain.

"It was the summer of that year, I don't remember which. I was young then, just a little boy. Before the blue, even. The woods were deep and dark, and oddly comforting in their way, but full of unspoken menace, too. Strange sighs echoed from the trees, and the great mounds of dirt which I assumed were hills groaned under some internal pressure."

Finnius' tone is strangely somber now, funereal and bereft of his normal joviality.

"I could hardly keep myself away, for strange and terrible as those mounds felt to me, they had a pull which my young mind could hardly resist. I was entranced. I still remember the first time I saw them. I'd stayed out far past my usual twilight, and in the shaded afterglow of moonrise, I saw them. Standing far out, on the mounds, silvery shapes which called to me.

"As I approached closer, I could distinctly see the rips and tears which let the cold stars shine through their bodies. They still called me, still beckoned wordlessly, but I could see their faces now. Twisted and distorted, like something seen through a fishbowl. A low, almost inaudible chant emenated, not from the figures, but from the mounds themselves.

"Can you feel the pain and suffering,

I'm giving to all of you?

Can you feel the waves upon us,

And it's all my fault?

Can you see the sons and fathers,

Like devils all around?

Good people are crying out my name,

Children die and it's all the same,

I'm your god, I'm under there,

People die and I just can't care.

I'm the one they worship!

I'm the one they worship, even now!"

The little blue man removes his hand from the wall, and turns to face the rest.

"I came back there, years later... after the blue, and before the Pen. I asked around, and found that a powerful necromancer had inhabitted the area that even today is left to wilderness. No one now living remembers his name, only his victims who chant worship ceaselessly, undieing."

Finnius shakes his head, then grins lopsidedly.

"Hey, anybody else notice this house is haunted?"

OOC: No vote... yet... mwahahaaa!!

While Cryptomancer reads from the Necronomicon and his shadow watches the 'ceiling' another shadow appears behind him.

Forming it's self into a dark skeletal shape it opens two icy blue eyes that seem to radiate coldness.

With a hiss it slashes at Cryptomancer's throat and he feels an instant of agony as the cold talons rip through his neck. Then the pain is gone, as is the skeletal shape... but the memory remains... and so does CheerMynx and the other watchers - if indeed they were paying attention.

CheerMynx's shrieks reach a new level of pitch, intensity, terror, and pain/annoyance to the listeners as she witnesses the ghost attack on Cryptomancer, causing all of the glass in her immediate vacinity to shatter.

[OOC: No vote yet]

Cryptomancer sits frozen, staring at the spot where the ghost vanished, the ache in his throat awakening some bad memories of the last time he researched this subject matter. looking back down at the book his eyes unfocused, he begins to trace a rune on his forehead with his right index finger, at each trace the rune glows deeper, the red glow in his eyes deminishing slightly as the deep red glow of the rune takes over. Mynx watches as a small trickle of blood begins to trail down Cryptomancer's face, but it to is glowing deeply in the light of the rune, causing a intense curiosity rather than fear at her friend's actions.

Slowly the Runemage's finger begins to press deeper into the symbol he has drawn, his eyes glow dimly flickering as his finger works small circles opening a hole in the centre of the rune. Closing his eyes Cryptomancer removes his hand from his face, the hole in his forhead glows red and as the glow brightens it shapes itself into an eye, white, with a deep red pupil, his own eyes stay closed, the third eye of his open 6th chakra moves slowly down to stare at the page. The book glows suddenly brighter, its pages flair up and seem to flutter in an attempt to turn, before stopping and slowly settling back on themselves, Cryptomancer's third eye starts to read the new page,as red scars begin slowly revealing themselves across the whole of his torso, the tattoo of his art fading against a new design of interlocking circles, etched in the very flesh of his body, each riverlet of scarring glowing in the deep red of his eye.

In the corner, his shadow smiles, its wings spreading to full span before settling around him and his feline companion.

Mynx watches hesitantly as the shadow settles, starting to become a bit nervious at her friend's new appearance, but still not willing to brave the house without her shield, especially since his presence seems to be keeping her on the ceiling at the moment.

[OOC: Vote for Lady Celes Crusader, she after my book.]

Gwaihir scratched his head. "Okay, so all this accusing of people is Too much. We've got to get it over with. Let's up and do it right if we have to. Don't just randomly accuse others of making mischief, think about it and pick who's right.

Now, I've been having my own thoughts and there are all kinds of trouble makers. There are the loud raccous ones, but they don't scare me as much because you always know where they are and they're so unsubtle, you always know where you are with that type. There's the type that seems friendly and then stabs you in that back and that's the scariest kind, but you never know they're against you until it's too late, so I don't bother to worry about them either. However, the quiet ones, now they're the ones you have to watch. They sit in the shadows until they dart out...at you.

That's why we all watch the shadows when we go to haunted houses...at least I do. That's where the spooks jump out of and this place seems a hell of a lot like a haunted house to me. I have to admit, I'm a bit suspicious of one particular quiet fellow over there. Please tell me I'm wrong and that I'm just jumping at empty shadows. After all, when I go to those haunted houses that is what I usually tend to do ;).

OOC: A vote against Dean.

"Quiet people don't worry me anywhere near so much as mages. I hate mages, and elves, although my best friend and traveling companion is both. But, that is beside the point. the only person here that I've seen do anything "evil" is also a mage. My vote stays with him. Cryptomage, one of us aint gonna come out of this alive...and my money says IT'S YOU!"

OOC:vote for Cryptomancer, evil mage extraordinaire

Papa Smurf looks around at people retreating from him due to the smell

Hey!! I just had beans. Give me a break!

Anyway, any of the lovely ladies want my vote tied to theirs? Step on up and claim your prize :D

OOC Vote goes with first gal to claim it :)

Man... You try to stay sober enough to follow what's going on... then you're next for the noose...

Well I won't have it!

*Dean produces a bottle marked 'X to the 10th Power'. He downs it.*

Ho-KAAAAY. Haccush away.

*Phil slaps himself with his flipper, and gets angry*

"Oh great, you screwjobs screwed everything up! Now there's no way I can get Dean to turn me back anytime soon..."

*The penaguin fluffs up his bag of ice and plops down on it, like a throne*

"Now, I'm a fair man... cat... and I don't think The Candidate is the trickster, nor Gwaihir. But they sure are riling me hot! Now I'm gonna go with Gnarly for now. Because his costume is pretty keen."

*Dean begins walking in a circle*

Where doesh the shtairsh end???

(OOC: Vote for Cryptomancer)

[OOC: speakers are slightly out of order, I know...But hey, CM is drunk, she can't tell]

CheerMynx looks around and notices Cryptomancer's shadow grinning at her.

She manages a shaky smile and pulls her pompoms closer, wishing like hell her human shield would stop reading the creepy book but too scared to disturb him.

She looks up (down?) at the rest of the inhabitants on the ceiling (floor?) and watches them bicker and accuse.

"Now I'm gonna go with Gnarly for now. Because his costume is pretty keen" she hears Dean state to the general public, causing the drunken mind of the cheerleader to take control.

If Cryptomancer gets sent back...her mind reasoned, I'll be left here alone!

Panicing quietly at the idea of being alone in the haunted house, (more so by the concept that, with no Cryptomancer, CheerMynx will have nothing holding her on the ceiling), CheerMynx begins to whimper softly, unconsciously huddling against the shadow while her friend beside her continues to read.

"Anyway, any of the lovely ladies want my vote tied to theirs?"

Hearing Nave's offer, CheerMynx begins to whimper louder and ventures a call up (down?) to the rest of the group.

"Um, like, can I have that?"

(OOC: vote for Dean, doubled with Nave's vote)

Edited by Mynx

Welsh... I can tell how the wind ish bolwing...k.

Sha know what... it wash me. I didsh it. I'm not a mean druck... But am quite the bashterd... From all othersh accounts involved.

Now lemme shee here... Her's shome duct tape to bind me with. The jig ish up...

*Dean fishes out some duct tape from his smoking jacket.*

Ahnd for the record... I'll vote for me. Lesh work and more play. Have fun shummoning up the dread lords of evil...

(Change vote to myself)

From somewhere hidden nearby a... malevolent ... presence watches and more importantly listens to Ayshela, it's cold blue eyes seeming to narrow in speculation before closing to disappear into shadows and nothingness

OOC: yes yes... please tell the ghosts that you've missing party members and you don't know where they are ;)

Ayshela ponders, looking about at the other party members and trying to recall where each had been. Leif had vanished to the kitchen, Nave.. she sighed and tried again to smooth the wrinkles from having been groped.. Dragonqueen had been checking for hidden passages, off and on, hadn't she? Ayshela wondered if she'd found anything, she'd been awfully quiet.

Elwen and Deg seem to have vanished as soon as they got through the tunnel, though. How.. odd.

OOC: Vote for Deg, among the missing he'd have had time to set this up.

Mynx and Cryptomancer look at the ceiling (floor?), one smiling and going back to his book, the other whimpering and wining. Cryp's shadow moves and sits down, observing intently what goes on up (down?), apparently cleaning his weapons while doing so.

Down on the floor (or up... if you were with CheerMynx), Ayshela looks around and decides to do some exploring with a different purpose. "Finn, I want to check on the missing ones... where are Elwen and Transe?"

"They were there... no, no, there... " he points to one direction, then, confused, to the opposite one, "Eeeh... I could swear they were ... mmm... well, I don't know."

Gnalitch, brandishing his warhammer at the runemage sitting on the ceiling, is suddenly interrupted by a tugging on his sleeve. "Say... how do we get up there? It seems fun!!" The dwarf turns to glare at Papa Smurf, and walks away grumbling about people stinking worse than him.

A double scream makes everybody wince, and once again when CheerMynx echoes it by reflex. Katz' cursing is heard, "Stupid girls! Stop screaming!", and anyone paying attention would hear a deep sigh coming from the ceiling. Dean, however, on hearing the screaming rushes into another room, pushing away both Tanny and Leif, who were talking quietly and completely unaware of Dean.

"Aaugh..." Tanny grabs Leif by reflex, and both stumble on the ground.

"Er... sorry, Leif... it seems that lately I'm a bit... prone... to tangles... "I wonder if it's some kind of curse from Wyvern...

Ignoring the mutters that follow him, Dean rushes out of the house and into a back garden, finding the two blondies, Terri and Kerri, holding each other and looking up a tree.

"Wassshup sthere?"

"We saw..."

"something..."

"big..."

"floating..."

Dean gazes at the higher branches, frowning for a second, and then seems to decide something. He starts to mutter and gesture, clearly intending to cast some spell.

However, first a squirrel then a very different, oddly-shaped and oddly-colored big leaf call the attention of his somewhat wandering mind. His words blur and his hands tremble due to the alcohol peaking in his system, and the twins step backwards suddenly afraid.

In the ball room, Merelas throws open some curtains, tired of the permanent gloom of the room. A blinding flash and crackling sound make everybody turn at once, and Celes runs to Merelas, who had thrown his hands over his eyes to protect them.

"Merelas! What happened? Are you alright?"

"Yeah... yeah, I think so... " the elf blinks, trying to get his focus back. "Something... in the garden..."

At the foot of the tree, they find Dean unconscious and the twins babbling incoherently. Tanny quickly arrives and examines him, while Ayshela tries to talk to the weeping girls.

After some time, after Dean is sent back to the Manor to be properly healed, Tanny and Katz talk.

"The girls said that Dean tried to cast something at what they think they saw on the tree. Probably he was too drunk to it adequately... the spell backfired."

"I hope it was just that, Tanny. This place is.... well.... creepy."

Tanny nods, sighing.

Above them, between the normal tree leaves, a big, oddly-shaped, oddly-colored leaf moves against the breeze, almost glowing.

~~~~~~

OOC

Dean was drunk, enough to assume a fault that was not his. The pranksters may have been affected by a spell cast by a drunk Mage, but Dean wasn't him. He was an innocent guest. Poor Phil D. Cat... will he live as a Penguin forever? ;)

It's Night Phase. Wolves/Seer/Baner, please send me your targets. Night Phase ends in 24 hours.

RP at will... No accusation/speculation, please. By the way... what's that odd leaf? :)

The Dwarf, getting bored, removes his pack and sits down. fishing inside his pack he removes a set of red velvet slippers, removes his boots, and puts on the slippers instead. The boots he stuffs back in his pack, which he re-dons, and then stands up. Very non-chalantly he walks straight over to the closest wall...and keeps on walking, right up the wall and then across the cieling as if this is normal. Reaching the screeching and crying CheerMynx he sits down next to her and puts his arm around her, trying to console her (as well as saving everyone else's ears and frayed nerves!). She rapidly calms down and rests her head on his shoulder, or at lest tries to, until she realizes that his shoulder is not high enough. So, she contents herself with leaning against him, not even noticing the smell at the moment. :blink:

In the manner of all drunken cheerleaders, it takes CheerMynx a while to figure out who exactly she is leaning against. Suddenly her mind pipes up:

Hey, isn't this the creepy guy who was scaring you earlier?

Taking another look (and now noticing the smell) CheerMynx begins to panic, screeching much louder and disrupting all around her (except for Cryptomancer, still lost in his book. His shadow, however, bristles and pulls out an array of weapons)

Trying to calm her down before she knocks him off the ceiling, Gnarlitch grabs CheerMynx about the shoulders and attempts to stop her from screaming. In a panic, CheerMynx bites him on the arm.

"Owch!" The Dwarf cries, more surprised than actually hurt, enough to cause his boots to lose their footing on the ceiling.

With a loud crash, Gnarlitch lands on the normal floor, creating enough of a disturbance to snap CheerMynx out of her panic.

"...oops..." she whimpers meekly and covers her muzzle with her pompom clad paws as the crumpled form on the ground groaned and sat up.

"Um...sorry!" she calls out hesitantly, "are you, like, ok?"

Shaking his head a few times, the Dwarf looks up at the voice, blinking as if trying to focus. Suddenly, his eyes brighten as he sees who called down (up?) to him.

"Oh My Gosh!" the Dwarf squeals, "I, like, so toally love your outfit!"

[OOC: Hmm...CheerMynx...WereMynx?]

Edited by Mynx

"Oh My Gosh!" the Dwarf squeals, "I, like, so toally love your outfit!"

The Candidate is amazed at the sound.

A gruff, armed and armored dwarf, squealing.

"Got to get out of here."

He starts to try nearby windows, seeing if any of them are open.

Everyone turns to stare in astonishment at Gnarlitch... Then they all turn, almost in unison to stare at Mynx with a kind of specialised terror.

Vahktang's attempt to escape through a window in turn draws all eyes to him and silence descends on the room waiting to see if he too will do anything to add to the surreal strangeness of the moment...

As a consequence no-one misses the sudden sound spectral crying that echos through the room. It is the unmistakable sound of a soul in mortal anguish.

As the sobs die away everyone hears the same voice come again, and a chill seems to go down everyones spines... coming from the shadows outside the room everyone is gathered in come words that echo with pain and terror...

"Help me, please, help me... please"

The words trail off with another quiet sob.

The dwarf gets to his feet again, giggling, again.

"Oooh! That hurt my tushie!"

He looks around at the startled/scared looks he is getting and giggles again.

"I tawt I taw a putty tat!" *Looks up (down) at Mynx* "I DID! I did taw a putty tat. And she's cute too!" *wink wink*