The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Dunk Tank!!

Ayshela

Note: The entry fee for this event is mythical! This is a participation event for the carnival, participants will each *earn* five geld.

Next to the wall of the Pen Keep was a gaily striped green and white tent, closed on all sides. Two of the carnival roustabouts appeared in the entrance to hold the flaps back while two more pushed a large ladder and platform inside. The platform looked somewhat peculiar - the ladder was stable enough, but the middle of the platform was padded as if for a seat, and hinged on one side. Jutting out from the left side was an arm attached to a target of some sort, with a wire hooked to the latch on the seat. The roustabouts left the tent only to appear a few moments later pushing a very large tank of water, with which they disappeared into the tent. For the next little while, all that was heard from inside were murmurs and low laughter.

Later that afternoon Ayshela and Wyvern strode across the carnival grounds, busily discussing a plan to earn some geld and draw in Pen members who hadn't made their way down to the carnival yet. Wyvern was excitedly envisionining mountains of geld to pay for his latest endeavours, and paid no attention to the tank at first. When he came face to face with the sign he broke off in the middle of the word "geld" and began to back up. The roustabouts caught him by the arms and began to drag him to the ladder as he stammered,

"Ayshela! You can't be serious, you can't mean this! How will we make any geld, if - "

"Oh, i'm very serious, and i anticipate a VERY large turnout. Besides, you OWE me, Wyvern, after the disaster at the Fall Ball."

"The Fall Ball? What do you mean? I was the very soul of decorum!"

Ayshela stepped very close to Wyvern and spoke softly, but firmly. "You do this, and i'll never again mention snakes to you."

Wyvern blanched.

"And," Ayshela continued. "I won't make you pay for the cleaning and repairs of my dress."

Wyvern thought for a moment, then turned back to the ladder and began to climb.

Ayshela hooked the tent flaps open and set out a sign which read:

Dunk Tank!

5 geld for

three tries -

Dunk Wyvern!

At the sight of Wyvern up on the platform, and the slightly small red dot which was connected to a lever that would send everyone's favorite near-dragon for a swim, Merelas sauntered into the tent. It was an honor to be the first to try and send Wyvie for a dip, and he would do his darndest to get three out of three.

Clunking the 5 geld into a jar, Ayshela handed him three balls to chuck at the red dot. Merelas winked slightly at Wyvern before winding up, and throwing. He was dissapointed (although Wyvern was relieved) to see that it missed entirely, ending up in the pool where Wyvern was supposed to be.

"Oh, you're not out of trouble yet, you greasy lizard," hollered Merelas cheerfully as he wound up again. This time, the ball tweaked the edge of the target, but didn't activate the drop. Wyvern gulped.

Merelas was so pleased that he successfully dunked the lizard on the last try that he jumped in and helped the Elder of Initiates back up on the platform for the next participant.

Celes does chunk another five geld in the Jar, while both cats were watching her mistress.

- Hum... let's see if I can cool this greedy almost dragon a bit.

Celes shoots her first throw but she missed it completly. Then she throws another ball but it misses the red dot againt. She didn't do better at the third throw. Wyvern was delighted.

- Well, it seems that my throws are still awful!, commented Celes

Meanwhile, a fly swirled around the cats' head and lands on the middle of the red dot. Carbone hastily jumped on it, declenching the mechanism. Wyvern's cries out of surprise while the tabby cat bolts away from the booth.

- Oooops! Sorry Wyvern! I didn't expect that my cats will cut your celebration short.

Celes uses her magic to lift Wyvern and the mechanism back in place, ready for the next contestant.

A bit nervous, Zariah approached the dunk tank and plinked 5 geld into the jar. With Zariah’s keen sight and great aim, she KNEW all three balls would hit Wyvern. She was just worried how he would react. The only possibility that she could miss would be if she clumsily tripped or was distracted. Zariah was eager to dunk him, for she was not wealthy enough to buy his items at the ridiculous prices he set.

With three balls in hand, and eye on the target, Zariah hit the dot directly. However, the lever didn’t spring backward. A bit confused, Zariah hit the target directly again, and the same thing happened.

“Perhaps I am not hitting hard enough?” Zariah asked out loud.

Determined, Zariah again did not miss.

“Grrrrrrrrr,” she grumbled as Wyvern sat with a huge smirk on his face.

“Oh, don’t you worry, if it’s stuck, it WON’T be anymore!!!!!”

With that Zariah charged at the red spring and slammed it with her entire body. Wyvern sharply fell off the board into the water, and as he came up, Zariah saw his smirk had disappeared.

Quite content, Zariah waved a hello to Wyvern with a smile as sweet as sunshine, and left the booth in a satisfied chuckle.

Edited by Zariah

*cough cough*

Wyvern sighs as he lifts himself from the vat of water yet again, climbing back up the ladder and offering Zariah a half-hearted smirk in return for her smile.

Bruteweiser, cold decaf coffee, whipping cream, melted chocolate, melted chocolate with whipping cream, cold decaf coffee with melted chocolate and whipping cream, Irish-Bruteweiser coffee with melted chocolate and a touch of whipping cream, Dominatrix Brand Whip Cream, Almost Dragonic Brand Acid (completely defective), Pen Babe Brand Sweat... out of all the liquids that Ayshela could have picked to torment Wyvern with, it had to be water. The overgrown lizard grimaces at the very thought of being dunked into the vat another time.

Reaching the the top of the ladder just as the platform that holds him rises to its highest position once more, Wyvern sighs and positions his soaking tail in a comfortable position before sitting back down in his wet seat again. Thoughts of manners to decrease Merelas' aim float through the devious Elder's mind, as well as ways that he might give Carbone a little bath after the booth has closed...

"Say, Ayshela?" mutters Wyvern glumly from his position. "I don't suppose you might be able to fix one of those little goldfish bowl treasure chest statues at the bottom of the tank, to make this whole experience a bit more pleasant?"

;-)

Ayshela ponders Wyvern's plea for a moment before rejecting it. "No, if you hurt yourself on it when you're dunked the whole thing's over, and you're not getting off *that* easily. However, just for you..." and she tosses one five-geld entry fee into the tank. They both watch the coins drop to the bottom. "That should keep you properly entertained for a while, eh?" And with a cheery smile, Ayshela slaps the target to make sure it isn't stuck, and walks away before the wave of water can soak her.

Wyvern wringed out his sodden tail over the pool below, sighing as the water drizzled down into the pool that he was growing all too well acquainted with. Glumly, he decided that wyverns were not meant to be aquatic. His eyes brightened though when he glanced down at the shiny flicker of the geld at the bottom of the pool, and he decided if he earned a geld every time he was dropped into the pool, it might be worth it.

A cleared throat made Wyvern look up, and he blanched when he saw Gyrfalcon and that fox Daryl standing there, a trio of balls resting between Daryl’s paws, and another trio in Gyrfalcon’s hands. “After all those Almost Dragon schemes of yours Wyv... I think I’m going to enjoy this.”

Wyvern blanched and held out a hand. “Now Gyr, really, how was I supposed to know that the Almost Draconic Half-elven Ears would catch fire like that, or that they would blame you? I mean, really-“

“Wyv, you marketed those under my name, of course they’d blame me. Granted, everyone believed me when I looked blank, asked what they were talking about, and then said it was probably a scheme of yours. Anyway...”

Gyrfalcon’s first shot brushed against target, and Wyvern’s platform wobbled dangerously. With a yelp, Wyv grabbed the edge and held on for dear life. “Gyr, buddy, pal! Look, if this is about the debt, I swear I’ve got this great new scheme that’ll pay it all off, you just got to give me a few weeks and-“

“Wyv, you said that last time.” the next ball brushed the other side of the target, and the platform Wyvern clung to lurched again. “And the time before that, and the time before that, and so on and so forth.”

Wyvern gulped nervously. “Please, Gyr, I’ll do anything, just don’t...” the last ball brushed the bottom of the target, and Wyvern froze. But he wasn’t dumped into the water. With a sigh of relief, he straightened and grinned. “I knew I could count on you bud-” the target slowly swung back, and the platform just as slowly swung downwards, causing Wyv to slide right into the pool, sputtering and yelling.

Gyrfalcon grinned as Wyvern bobbed, splashing at the water in a vain attempt to swim as the platform rose under him and bore him aloft, streaming. “Gods, I enjoyed doing that.”

A raven flies in through the tent flaps, circles the tent eyeing the interesting collection of beings it contains, before landing on the counter next to the jar for payment.

Placing the can of coke and the half pecked corndog on the counter, and after fighting the treacle covered feathers for the right amount of coin, he drops it into the jar. Hopping over to a stack of balls, he lands atop two, grasping each in his claws, and picking up a third in his beak takes flight

Beginning to circle the tent, flying faster and faster, gathering all the momentum he can manage before swooping to the level of the target, changing course and ducking his head, does the closest thing a raven can do to a shoulder charge.

Wyvern watches, with an amused smirk as the raven hits the target dead centre and it doesnt move. The raven leaving a small trail of treacle on the target falls into the tank.

After a flurry of feathers water and treacle, the drenched raven claws itself onto the edge of the tank. "I should have said 'nevermind' " it mutters as it collected the remains of its snack and flies out of the tent dripping water and treacle on those in the opening.

From what appears to be out of nowhere, the Death of Rats comes flying in through the opening of the tent.

It lands right in the middle of the target, dunking the almost dragon yet again.

5 Geld appears on the table with a note: Not bad for long distance! M

After he had finished setting up his stand, Stick happens upon the Wyvern dunk-tank-o-matic and grinned one of his characteristic grins. "Heya Wyv!" he calls cheerfully to his almost-draconic friend, who was currently climbing out of the pool, water-shiny geld firmly in hand, mesmerising the poor lizard.

"Ssstick? Not you too!?! Hey, listen, I'm sorry about the Mr.Bunni dolls with Mr.Branch sidekicks... I swear, I meant for Mr.Branch to be the main guy!"

"Nah, don't worry about it."

"Sssooo... you're not going to dunk me then? Whew, what a relief, I wasss beginning to get ssscared for a sssecond..."

"Oh, I'm still going to dunk you, buddy." Stick said as he plunked 5 geld down on the counter.

"Awww, I can't believe thisss..."

"Just think of it practice..."

"Practice? For what?"

"For the next guy in line!" he stuck out his tongue and threw his first ball. Stick missed completely, being used to throwing knives, not balls, and the ball bounced on the ground quite pathetically. Schoolgirls in the area giggled at Stick's non-manilness, to which Stick replied with a hard, almost proper throw the missed the target altogether and instead beaning an innocent bystander who was walking on the other side of the stand. Grunting to the giggling schoolgirls, Stick took a few paces back, lined up the shot, then suddenly charged at the target, throwing arm locked behind him. He wound up, and in a dramatic display did a frontward somersault, launching the ball at the target. However, in Stick-like glory, he again missed with the ball, and continued on with the somersault, straight into the chilly water of the pool. As he was flailing wildly when he realised his somersault had gone awry, Stick accidentally kicked the target anyways and dropped the currently laughing Wyvern on top of the almost-drowning Stick. The pair stumbled and fought clumsily for a few moments as they both tried to pullthemselves out of the water. Of course, being the clutz that he is, Stick managed to flip the pool right over. This was most unfortunate because he was still wearing the BigPointyStick. While he was lucky enough to avoid accidentally impaling Wyvern with it, he wasn't so lucky because he had managed to make a sizable hole in the bottom, which was now, incidentally, the top.

Once he figured out what was going on, Stick peeked out his head from under the uphended pool and checked his surroundings. All he really saw was a tapping foot. He followed it up to see Ayshela with a stern look on her face next to Gyrfalcon, with a nasty bump on his forehead. Almost in unison they both said:

"As soon as *YOU* patch that up, you're getting up on that plank!" They looked at each other quizically for a moment, shrugged, then looked down at Stick, who laughed nervously. Just then, Wyvern popped his head out the hole Stick made, and grinned. (He had spent the previous few minutes searching out the geld that had been dropped inside the pool and making sure it was safely in his clutches.)

"So this means I'm off, right?"

Only Ayshela spoke this time, "Fat chance. You two can alternate, go simultaneously, whatever you want."

Stick and Wyvern sighed and flipped the pool back over. Stick set to patching it up properly so it would still retain water and attached a bit more sitting space on the plank.

OOC: I hope I didn't take this one too far? *innocent eyes*

Grimmael limps up, a 5 Geld coin in his hand.

Ayshela smiled brightly. "Hi Grimmael - you've come to throw some balls?"

Grimmael's usually grim face was a little more serious than usual, and a little confused to boot. "Actually, Zool told me to take this and, well..." Without another word Grimmael stood at the counter and flipped the coin all the way... into the dunk tank, where it landed with a plunk - quickly followed by the splash of Wyvern jumping in after it.

Picturesque laughter floated in from the great hall... :P

Celes enjoys seeing Pennites participating in the Dunk Tank booth. While Carbone camly laid down underneath the table one which the basket containing the balls sits, Cambronne watches the show with interest right beside said basket. However, the water is not stagnant enough for him, hence the reason he's keeping a safe reason from it.

The Raven, muttering under has breath about the treacle in his feathers, the small glowing ring on his left claw, and the fortune telling abilities of the Master of Time, flys past the tent with the dunk tank. Moments later returning, flying awkardly as he manhandles the aviator glasses onto his beak, while holding a corn dog, and a can of coke.

He succeeds in his task as he nears the dunk tank, and things go wrong from there.

First, he realises that the treacle still on the aviaor glasses, is not transparent, infact obscures all vision. In his attempts to remove the treacle, while the glasses are still in place, he swerves into the tent containing the dunk tank, clipping the tent flap with his wing.

The impact starts him spiralling on a collision course with the target. Dropping the corndog in an attempt to correct his flight, he successfully stabilises himself, just in time, narrowly missing the target, and although still flying blind from the treacle on his shade, pulls himself into a smooth upward curve, gliding effortlessly over the platforms edge, swooping low enough to pick up the corndog, that he spotted though the side of the glasses, and directs his arial path towards the open tent flap.

Unfortunatlly, due to a misculculation in the "complex world of arial navigation while wearing treacle covered glasses and holding a can of coke and a corndog" his resulting path took him, not out of the tent but directly into a slightly dry Almost Dragon, who due to the distracting influence of geld did not see the action untill he was hit by a Raven, beak first. the resulting peck(totally unintentional) followed by a can of coke and corndog caused (the slightly dry) Wyvern to shift his weight(not that there is a lot of it) with just enough force and direction to override the platform's mechanism, causing (the slightly dry) Wyvern and a treacle stained Raven in aviator glasses to plunge once more into the tank.

A very crumpled and wet raven clawed his way to the edge of the tank and apologising for the inconvenience caused, dropped 5 geld into the jar as he hastily exited the tent, leaving (slightly less dry)Wyvern to return to his platform

Gwaihir ambles up and Wyvern glares at the sight of yet another person who wants to submerge him in water.

"I wouldn't worry too much" Gwaihir grins and Wyvern does have to agree that if anyone will be unable to dunk him then it'll be Gwai.

The elf scratches his hair and then pulls out of the wrong bucket three water balloons instead of balls. If Wyvern had been truly wise he would have seen disaster coming right t here, but maybe it's just as well that he didn't.

*squish* The first one very handily misses the target....and hits Wyvern right on the nose. He hisses with discontent, and Gwaihir claps his hand on his head. "I am SOO sorry, I really am, so sorry!. I'll do better next time.

*squish* Wyvern looks quite relieved that this one was off target, but it at least doesn't hit him.... It hits Gyrfalcon who is far to the left walking through the crowd.

"OH MY OH MY OH MY!" Gwaihir exclaims. EEP, tell Gyr that I'm sorry!" and with that he drops the third water balloon and runs, alarmed at his terrible aim.

Katzaniel steps up, and immediately begins aiming... with her spear. Lifting it horizontally and holding her left hand as an impromptu sighter, she shifts the spear back and forth a few times, squinting.

Wyvern yelps and almost falls off of his perch, but Katzaniel, not even noticing his fear, keeping her eyes on the target and her sighter hand in position, sets down her spear and grabs a ball, heaving it at the target.

It goes somewhere to the right of the target. "Darn. That didn't work so well as I thought. I can throw the spear accurately, you know."

Teeth no longer chattering, Wyvern finally lets out a sort of frustrated gurgling scream. "You could have explained that you were just aiming!" he shouts, waving his fist emphatically and almost falling in again.

"Oh, sorry. Well, let me try another method." Before she even finishes the sentence she picks up a ball and tosses it. This one isn't even close; in fact, it hits Stick in the leg.

"Careful there!" he says, but Katzaniel just grins. "Weren't you supposed to be manning this booth, too?" she says. "Get up there!"

Grudgingly, Stick dislogdes Wyvern, who cheerily taunts the man. Picking up the third ball, Katzaniel aims carefully, then closes her eyes before throwing the ball. It hits above the target, bouncing a couple of times before coming to a rest.

"Hm," muses Katzaniel. "That was a little anticlimactic." Then she leaves.

Rydia smiles and holds up a light green silk scarf and a tightly rolled parchment. "I bet I can hit the target blinded AND with the target obscured!" she announces. Ayshela looked dubiously at the winged elf but nodded and pushed the jar forward. Rydia picked out a newly minted coin from her pouch, buffed it with the cloth, admired the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny finish, put it back in her pouch, selected and buffed a less enthralling coin, and paid. She then stepped to the target and pinned the unrolled parchment onto it, written side outwards; she went back to the throwing line and knotted the scarf over her eyes, leaving her long, keen ears free. She speared the first ball on her right ear and picked a cloisonne carp off of her outfit. "SPAM!" she shouted, flicking her ear forward and tossing the trinket into the air. It twisted and transformed into the Anti-Spam Carp, which turned tail-upwards and batted the ball squarely into the parchment. Stick jabbed his stick into the backdrop and hung on desperately, only dropping to waist-depth in the water, while Wyvern grabbed at Stick's belt to keep from going under completely yet again.

Jirah entered the tent for the dunk tank, spied Stick on the platform, and laughed.

"Do I want to know what you did to get roped into this one?" He asked.

"Not really." Stick replied.

Jirah dropped five geld into Ayshela's palm, and drew three balls from the bucket. He weighed them carefully in his hands and smiled. The worst thieves he had ever come across were those who ran carnivals. Balls and darts were always weighted poorly, and anythng else that could be rigged was. These seemed to be pretty good though.

He tossed the ball lightly toward the target, and it arced through the air before bouncing off the center, too softly to drop the platform. As the platform shook under Stick, he smirked. The target was more responsive than he had expected. He could have some fun with this one.

He deliberately tossed his second ball poorly, bouncing it off the corner so that the platform again shook threateningly, but refused to drop.

Jirah shook his head, feigning disappointment, and turned to leave. With a wink to Ayshela, he tossed his third shot over his shoulder just as he heard Stick breathe a sigh of relief. He left the tent with a soft chuckle which changed to roaring laughter as he heard the expected gasp-splash sequence signifying Stick's immersion in the water.

The stinky dwarf, accompanied by a rather dusky-hued, exotic looking elf woman step up to the dunking booth.

"Hmm. Rex, honey, the poor lizard doesn't seem to like that water very much. Do you think we could improve it for him?"

"What do you want me to do, Itchy?" *the dwarf whispers in her ear* "Oh, sure, I can do that!" :D And with a pinh of some strange powder, an odd gesture, and a mumbled incantation, the deed is done.

"Thankee, lass. Now, if you would be so kind as to keep anyone from standing in front of that target thingy as I'd hate to shoot anyone by accident."

"Uh, Itchy, you're supposed to throw this ball at the target, and from right here..."

"That's much too close, it would hardly be fair. That can't be more than ten feet!" With that the dwarf stomps away up the midway until he's about 150' away. "This will work much better!" With that he pulls his rune-carved war hammer from his belt and with hardly a pause, throws it at the target.

AAAAA...SPLOOSH!

Wyvern come back up out of the tank, coughing and sputtering, and then pauses for a moment before grinning broadly. His head disappears under the surface again, this time for much longer. When he comes back up he looks inordinately pleased with the world and seems a bit glassy eyed. "Ssssssay! Thatssss not bad!"

The dwarf grins back and replies, "Of course it's 'not bad.' It's Kromian Ale, the finest beverage in this plane of existence! Be careful though, it's also one of the most potent potable beverages as well."

Wyvern looks at him as if he is a dullard child for a second, then smiles his toothy grin again. "Well, thankyou for making this day much more pleasant for me."

"No prob, Wyv. And, if you decide you need a break for a bit, I wouldn't mind a few ale dunkings myself!" ;)

With that the dwarf and dark elf saunter off to see what other fine amusements can be had at the carnival.

Taking a small break from his Fortune Telling Booth, Xaious sneaks over to the Dunking Booth, ready to sink the overgrown lizard.

Xaious pays the fee, smiles to Ayshela, and then grins sadistically at Wyvern.

"Oh boy..." mutters Wyvern as Xaious lets loose with the first ball.

THUNK! He misses horibly, but keeps smiling, letting loose with the second ball.

THUD! Another miss, this one leaves Wyvern rubbing his forehead..Well, it was a 'miss'....

Xaious holds up the third ball in his hand, tossing it up and catching it, giving the scaly cheapskate a chance to forget the pain.

He throws the ball.

Before the ball can hit the target, Wyvern gets dunked, as Xaious stopped time, ran up, and hit the target, returning to his spot, and letting all go on.

Everyone around watches the ball sail through the empty air; right where the bulls-eye of the target had been.

Wyvern comes up, swallowing a mouthful of ale.

"Cheater!" Hisses the lizard man as Xaious walks away, laughing.

Salinye stood in the shadow of one of the tents watching the chaos that surrounded the dunk tank. Smiling to herself she slowly sauntered over to the side of the tank. Looking up, she saw Wyvern sitting on the platform wringing out his tail.

“Pssst….Psssst…Hey Wyvie…” She called out in a loud whisper. Looking around himself several times, he finally looked down and noticed her.

“Oh Sali, not you too! What have I ever done to you? Doncha wanna spare me?” He groveled assuming she too was there to dunk him.

“Oh, don’t worry, Wyvie. I have no intentions of dunking you,” she smiled mischievously.

“You don’t?” The almost dragon smiled as a wave of relief obviously washed over him.

“No, I don’t wish to dunk you, but I do want to support Ayshela’s booth. I thought of something that might help her earn some extra geld.”

“Earn more geld?” Wyvern’s ears perked up as he draped his claws over the side of the platform giving her his full attention.

“Yes, Wyvie. You see, usually these dunk tanks are manned with bikini clad women.”

If she thought she had the almost dragon’s attention before, she REALLY had it now.

“Bikini clad women, this is good. You make a good point, Sali. Bring them on over!”

“Oh, see you misunderstand me, Wyvie. I wouldn’t degrade any of the lovely ladies at The Pen that way. So, I think I have an alternative.” With an almost innocent smile, Salinye waved her hand in the air a few times concentrating on the spell she had previously prepped. Within seconds the almost dragon was suddenly sitting upon the platform in Hawaiian swim wear-coconut bra and all.

Snickering to herself, the mage stepped back waiting to see when Wyvern would notice and to continue watching the chaos.

Ayshela wandered by to check up on the Dunk Tank and see how business was going there. Coming in from the back of the tent, she stopped and did a quick double take at seeing Wyven in Hawaiian bikini, grass skirt, and coconut bra. Blinking confusedly for a moment, she turned and saw Salinye leaving through the front with an impish smile on her face. Suddenly enlightened, Ayshela strode through the tent with a smile and nod to Wyvern (with an odd gleam in her eye). Once outside the tent, she burst into laughter which carried her all the way back to the kissing booth, wiping tears of merriment as she arrived.

Parental Unit safely back in his rooms, Elladan roamed the carnival area when he made an espial of a wet Wyvern with Hawaiian panties and bra hit his wandering eye. Only five Geld to dunk that?

Plunking down his money posthaste, he accepted a single ball, handing back the others.

Eyes narrowing in concentration, he checked all directions, wound up...

and threw the ball.

High high over Wyvern's head.

"Har har! You missed by a mile!" Chortled the espiegle Wyvern in delight.

The ball sailed up, and ricochetting off the carved cornice of a window and disappearing into the sun's glare.

Wyvern continued to attempt to raise money by (carefully) taunting Elladan, who smiled, waved, and walked away.

Moments later, the nearly spent ball completed its wayward journey with a feeble tap on the drop-plate, sending Wyvern plummeting once more into the watery embrace of the tank...

Shadows wanders into the tent, grinning like an idiot and humming a little tune to herself. So far the carnival had been a success.

PS wanders in the other side of the tent, bumping into a few booths and the occassional person as well.

"PS, we need to get you some better glasses," says the rat on her shoulder.

"Why on earth would you say that?" she asks.

It is at theis moment the two sisters meet.

PS trips over a ball laying on the ground in front of the dunk tank, and Shadows, not realizing where she is, what she is doing, or why, proceeds to trip over her, and into the target, dunking Wyvern.

"That's why." says the rat now on the ground next to PS.

"Oh no!" says PS, horrified. "Here! let me help you up!"

Ps grabs her sisters hand and attempts to pull her up. Shadows slips on the soggy grass underneath her feet and falls backwards, dragging her sister with her and into the target again, just as Wyvern is getting back onto the platform, soaking the reptile before he can even get himself seated.

The two girls lay in a heap under the target, giggling and gasping for breath. Durring this Wyvern manages to get himself situated on the platform.

"PS, could you please get off of me now? I think my legs are falling asleep!" Sghadows says between giggles.

"OH my! Of course!" PS stands quickly and hitting her head on the target and sending the lizard into the water yet again. Shadows gets up and helps steady her sister. Both girls laugh as Wyvern climbs sulking onto the platform.

Giggling, they each drop their payment into the jar and exit the tent.

"Thisss outfit lets me explore my viviparous roots." murmers Wyvern groggily, stepping back up to his platform in a semi-drunken manner as he tries to explain his style of dress to purple shadows. "Enjoyed the pool frolick *hic,* come back again any time."

With that, the overgrown lizard smugly sits back in his seat, sneering at the now-off-duty Stick as he slowly lets the alcohol drip down from his soaking scales. Thanks to Gnarlitchs Kromian Ale trick, the overgrown lizard was actually getting used to being dumped into the tank, and was even beginning to look forward to the next successful contestant. Even the potential embarassment of the Hawaiian bikini suite was lost to the overgrown lizards limited sense of morals, all thanks to the effects of one of the most potent potable beverages around. Wyvern lets out a snorting guffaw as he eyes the crowds around him, nearly spewing ale from his snout as he exclaims:

"Who's up next?! C'mooonnnn...hey Gyr, you know you can dump me again. Remember that time when like, I was supposed to pay that debt off, only I didn't? Hahaha... err, oh wait, that's the present. Katzaniel! Come back, ya won't miss this time... I'm an easy target, I swear. Elladan! Why don'tcha take another swing..."

Wyvern pauses in his jeering and gloating as he suddenly notices that the Kromian Ale tank is being replaced by a saltwater, manta stingray-infested dunk tank, complete with tsunami whirlpool and tidal waves functions. Wyvern quickly pales and goes sober as he notices that a sign on the tank reads "Property of Jobe of the Charity Foundation for Poor, Innocent Kittens," and practically chokes as he stutters:

"W-w-wait, th-there must be a-a-a-a m-misunderstanding. *gulp*"

Wyvern begins clinging to his platform for dear life, tensing up at the slightest sight of a contestant approaching and whining to himself in fear.