The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Dunk Tank!!

Ayshela

"Heee, Wyvren-that looks fun."

The scarred elf grinned evilly at the trembling almost dragon tittering on the edge of doom. The Planewalker's ears were arched in amusement, but his ruby green eyes outright sparkled with hilarity.

"Eehheheheh umm, Hi Valdar!"

"'oi Wyvern."

There was a brief flash above the payment jar and a tinkle of gold as several coins fell free of their pocket dimension. Unhurriedly, Valdar collected the balls and inspected them with a disapproving frown. Then he began to buff them against his cloak.

"Ummm, look buddy, I know you still feel badly about those scars but-"

"This has nothing got to do with my Pen application years ago, Lizard."

"Oh, ok. Look, um-would you mind. . .I mean I have a thing about sting rays and whirlpools. . ."

A Dorsal fin chose that moment to pierce the surface of the whirling water, and began circling ominously.

"And sharks?"

Wyvern whimpered and clutched the slippery rope.

"y-yyy-es. couldyoupleasetakethemaway."

Valdar's grin deepened and the world changed. The tank was gone, and the Mantas with them. In it's place, the gaping maw of a portal leading straight into the Abyss grinned back. Demon voices rose from the depths of hell and a blast of heat instantly boiled away the ale from the Elder of Initiates.

"Yes."

The word had no chance to sink in, let alone bring any relief to the terror stricken almost dragon before panic turned into abject terror. The grass skirt began smouldering in the otherworldly heat, smoke rising to join the Acrid stink of Hellfire.

"Better?"

Wyvern didn't reply. He didn't even whimper. Valdar drew back his hand, and cast the first ball.

*BANG*

A ball glanced off the dunking mechanism, jolting but not releasing the platform. The almost dragon squeaked.

*THUNK*

The second ball hit the rope, which was starting to smoke as well. Wyvern's precipitous perch wobbled.

"Vv--vvaaaldar?"

"Ya?" replied the elf, who had just speared the last ball on an ear.

"W-ww--y are you doing this?"

"That should be obvious. . .fun."

The ear jerked forward, sending the ball spinning towards the Bull's eye with milimetric precision. It connected with a dull "Thud". The target twisted, disengaging well oiled bolts with it's torque.

The Platform fell, and Wyvern's mouth opened in a scream that never came.

*SPLASH!*

Valdar turned away from the water tank, where Wyvern-and only Wyvern was floundering and gasping for air.