The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Bachelor Auction!

Salinye

A flyer appears tacked to a wall in the conservatory tower. Upon it is a picture of many of the pen ladies with various dating attire. Some had flowers or chocolate while others sat charmingly among a picnic lunch. Beneath the picture were the following words:

WE ARE IN NEED OF A FEW GOOD MEN!

BE BOLD! BE BRAVE!

WE WANT YOU!

Then in smaller print: (For the good of The Pen, you know.)

Gentlemen and not so gentle men! Now is the time to do a selfless act and volunteer yourself to be auctioned off at The Pen’s first ever, Bachelor auction! You have nothing to lose! (Other than your self esteem should you really bomb the date, or perhaps a limb should the wrong lady get you, but I digress… :P) If you have questions or concerns please view the general carnival info thread here(this will be a link), and watch for details on the auction itself , coming soon!

To be held Wednesday July 14th. More details TBA.

Edited by Salinye

Peredhil prowls by and the peruses the poster.

A sharp-eyed observer would note the "I support Pen Guilds" button tastefully displayed on the lapel of his light-grey Armani suit.

I don't know if you'll get any bids, but I'll apply for this;

Helping the Pen and its Guilds would fill me with bliss.

I find that the Pen family fills my days with fantasy fun.

I'll look forward, anticipation filled, to find out who my bid has won.

A little blue man with bandages wrapped around his arm walks slowly to the tower in the Conservatory, stopping in front of the poster. He reaches into his pocket and removes a tastefu, though somewhat crushed, quill.

He signs his name... and a few more lines of text... and drifts off to lay down somewhere, muttering "I'm getting too old for this..." as he wanders off.

-Finnius Mustardio Jalopini Canard O'Harpy,

Little blue man, human, enjoys long walks on the beach, good conversation, and cuddling... but not too much cuddling, please, I'm still recovering from playing tag.

-Also up for grabs-

Any of the Where Gods Fear guys!

Hryn- :ph34r:

Fexus- :dragon2:

Gavin- :flower:

As several notable men of the Pen crowd around Salinye's flyer and apply for the intriguing bachelor position available, the Scantavia Brothers stand in front of a locked door that has been tightly sealed shut with several boards, locks and chains. Peredhil, Finnius, and Xaious turn their heads curiously as they notice the manner that the door is bulging and shaking, and cringe at the frantic expressions on the faces of the Scantavia Brothers as they exclaim:

"Salinye! We can't hold him in very much longer, he seems exceptionally frisky and motivated today!"

The other males that have gathered frown upon hearing this, considering what the potential hazard being blocked by the Scantavia Brothers could be. Their questions are answered when they notice the sign "WARNING: Potential Almost Dragonic Bachelor Auction Hazard. May evoke large negative donations of geld, let out only when time for announcements!" posted next to the door, and take two careful steps back as they notice that the hinges of the door are beginning to come undone.

;-)

Ayshela hugs Merelas ferociously

Breathe easily, it'll be fine. What's being bid on/bought is the opportunity to spend some time with you wonderful gents. There is no place here for the use/abuse/humiliation of our membership and if i thought for one second there were i'd have objected strenuously at the original concept discussion. I'm *glad* you've "volunteered", however voluntarily ;) it may be.

*hugs*

Ladies,

Gyrfalcon the half-elf Ranger, Elder of the Pen will also be up for auction! (Like Merelas, Salinye played upon our sense of patriotism towards the Pen to get us to volunteer.)

In addition, available in fox, hybrid or human formats...

Daryl Carnsilion the werefox is available!

If you've been on IRC, you know he's as cute and cuddly as they come, so if you wanted him all to yourself for an evening... NOW is your chance!

So you'd better save up your gold! ;)

The room watches, silently, as the massive oak door falls from it's frame, Scantavia brothers leaping aside to avoid being crushed. The strange man who broke into the Pen several days ago streaks through the now open doorway, right in between the stunned brothers. Seconds later an almost dragon speeds through the same doorway in hot persuit. The stranger runs straight through the middle of the room, pausing only to shout "Count me in!" before he disapears through the door on the other side of the room, and into the hallway.

Those who have gathered around Salinye's flyer gape in fear as Wyvern exits the locked chamber courteousy of Xanthus' force. The overgrown lizard stands his ground as Xanthus dashes away, letting out a hideous gale of evil laughter and turning his eyes towards the flyer crowd. Ruby red flames seem to flow through Wyvern's pupils as he approaches the sign up sheet, speaking silent psalms of insatiable male lust and carnage...

"You know, Wyvern..." starts William Azunost, taking a few steps back as the lizard approaches. "Errr... this sign up stuff would probably bore you. Wouldn't you rather stir up some mischief at the kissing booth that's been set up?"

Wyvern suddenly pauses and ceases approaching.

"Kissssing booth?"

"Yeah." continues William. "Didn't you know? I mean, technically it's supposed to be a Zool kissing booth, but Ayshela and Salinye signed up as-"

William turns his eyes to where Wyvern had previously been only to see a trail of smoke leading away from the sign up sheet towards the kissing booth. Breathing a sigh of relief, William raises his fists in a victory stance as the crowds cheer him on for saving the auction.

;-)

Unattended by his sister for once, Aural skips through the crowd. He grins upon seeing the booth.

"Bachelor auction?" he says to himself slowly, then his grin widens. "Sounds like fun."

The small Elf hops up to the booth and quickly signs his name, sensing that his sister is coming-and she is Not Happy.

"Aural Moonflower!" a familiar soprano voice carries through the crowd, as his tall sister slips through, cradling her harp. Elwen glares down at him. "What are you doing?!"

"Oh, hi, 'Neesan." Aural says cheerfully. "I'm signing up to participate in the Pen's Bachelor Auction. It'll be fun."

Elwen hits her forehead with the palm of her hand, but says nothing. The kitsune-turned-Elven harper is well-used to her brother's antics.

Why, oh why, why did she let him get away from her in the crowd? Elwen's brows crease in vexation. This was going to be such a disaster...

OOC: Aural Moonflower, Elwen's twin brother, is up for auction. I wonder if Elwen's prediction will be wrong...

'

Strolling idly around the Conservatory, Stick happens to notice the sign-up sheet for the Bachelor Auction. Silently, he grins, pulls out a pen in a dramatic manner and prints his name on the list in his child-like font. Satisfied, he wanders off again, a big grin across his face.

Moments later, Stick's action is overshadowed, however. Indeed, it is Stick's best friend, his companion, the master of all things carrot, mysterious master of the arcane, the one, the only, Mr.Bunny. Yes, levitating up to the list on a floating carrot, Mr.B imprints his paw in flowing script, and leaves a little note for everyone in the same flowing script:

"..."

ooc: interesting ;p

Never one to miss a bandwagon, Mira signs his name to the list and quickly whirls around to fight off the hordes of women, who he expects would swarm him in an attempt to get to him before the auction. Surprisingly there are no hordes in sight.

"They must all be enjoying the rest of the carnival" he says to himself as he sets off to do just that.

Guido strolled through and mingled with the crowd curiously.

Oh, ho, Da Boss signed up! Well den...

Waiting his turn, he carefully signed Nuncio's name on the line.

On the line under it, he began to write E...l...l... and stopped.

Carefully crossing it out, he wrote Elrohir instead.

With a chortle twitching his nose, he sent off to finish his errand.

Orlan, Elder of the Pen, Lord of Pants (whenever he can find em), Ranked number 3 in the national Clog Dancing League, walks by the sign-up list, mostly oblivious to it, but his Sexyness®© took matters into it's own hands, scribing in big script across the applicants "Orlan, Sexy Sexy Man".

Orlan continues algo, oblivious to any undertaking...

Jirah looked through the conservatory, scanning the various odds and ends. As his eyes found the "Bachelor Auction," he smirked. Aleyn would be sure to notice it and erase it, but he had to do it. Drawing the quill, he wrote in neat script identical to his friend's: "Aleyn"

Ozymandias calmly walks up to the notice, produces an inked quill from his sleeve, and signs it Ramses, the Second.

He too sports a button- a pair, actually. The first reads:

Official Middle Class Citizen

I Support Everybody

The second reads:

Salinye is too charismatic for my own good

Dean stumbes over to the board.

"Now isn't thish intereshting..." he says "But I'm married to my job!"

"Your job is drinking." says Phil D. Cat "Besides, the courts threw out your marrage licence on the grounds you can't marry intagible objects. Like an idea or even voice actresses."

"Ho-kay. Then I guesh I'll do it. I have to fill my schecond sherry tank under the vicars."

Phil just eyeballs Dean in the way cats do. Dean then wanders over to find other booths.