The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Bachelor Auction!

Salinye

Tzimfemme reappears on the carnival grounds with eight empty pie tins. These being stacked neatly on the Kissing and Carousing booth counter, she turns her attention to the auction board, and tacks up a new notice:

Wanting To Bid upon: Persona rentals--to sample a person's soul for X hours where X = geld/5. Long term persona rental price sheets upon request.

*Gwaihir comes in and rubs his eyes.*

He scratched his head and thought to himself. "A bachelor contest? Well, I'm certainly a bachelor...but when I try to chat with women they usually giggle. I don't think anyone really wants a Gwaihir...but maybe if it makes the pen a few geld...and heck, if I get a date that could help."

A quick grin and then he pulls out a pencil to write on the signup sheet. However, the pencil has no tip so it's owner scowls for a while. He delves into his pockets again and finds a pen with pen-caps on both ends. Someone chuckles nearby and the confused elf pulls one of the caps off. It is covering the non-writing end of the pen, but it is soon very clear why it was put on there, because a fountain of ink pours out the back of the pen.

"ACK!" Gwai exclaims as he covers everyone nearby in ink. A few people near him say much more angry things and shake their fists. Fortunately Gwai doesn't notice and he just puts the cap on the back of the pen and then pulls the other end off. "Much better" he says and signs himself up.

Wandering around with a constant yawn, Vlad slowly finds his way to the Cabaret room. Having been gone during the start of the carnival, he finds himself very confused.

"I'm confused!" he exclaimed. "What's all the commotion about?"

Many screams can be heard from the crowd, which soon answer the vampire's questions.

"Oh! There's a bachelor auction!"

"Look, look! Orlan has signed up!"

Shrugging, and deciding he wants to pocket some geld, Vlad hesitantly makes his way to the list and signs up.

I just remembered, I'm horrible at RP

A Raven with (yet another) can of coke, wearing a cleaner pair of aviator glasses, lands in front of the signup sheet.

Slowly a shadow starts to form at his feet. The shadow rises up, sculpting itself in to a cloaked and hooded figure. a hand reaches out from the folds of the cloak to sign the notice.

As pen is about to touch the paper however, the shadow vanishes and a Raven is seen leaving the scene with a distinct fireball forming on his left claw, centred on a ring that glows white.

All close enough hear only the frantic cry,

"Yes dear yes dear, sorry dear yes dear, sorry dear, I know dear , I am not a bachelor dear, yes dear sorry dear....... "

as it fades very quickly into the distance, where the ever growing ball of flame is still visible as a ever deminishing dot.

Gryphon wanders up to the signup sheet wondering at the faint burning smell in the air...

Reading over the list of names he smiles seeing several of the people he has met in and around The The Pen listed.

Suddenly with a moment of paniced realisation he realises that he has no idea where Mynx has gone to - or where she might be lurking with her scythe.

Shortly thereafter there is nothing but the sound of running feet and a feather floating to the ground to indicate that Gryphon might have even been considering rousing the wrath of a Mynx.

:P

Jonathan strolls into the carnival grounds. Noticing the now long list of names of Eligible Bachelors now signed up

"Lo, this is quite the field, I'm not sure if I can compete. I guess I shall have to throw my hat into the ring and hope those who missed out on Daryl remember the other fuzzy creature"

He leans down and inscribes his sprawling signature near the bottom of the page

(Count me in :) )

A shadowy figure muttering spells of concealment sneaks up to the signup sheet for the bachelor auction and scribbles a name on the side of the sheet then scurrys away trying to look subtle and failing miserably...

In it's wake a Gryphon feather floats gently to the ground and the name Gryphon is now scrawled on the signup sheet.

:)