The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

WEREWOLF HO-O!

Gnarlitch

Charlotte looks as Amanda withdraws her vote and returns to her wagon in tears.

- I do not feel it's right for me to keep my vote against Mr. Cartwright. Within my heart, he doesn't deserve it. I'll keep myself true to my words when I said I don't want an innocent to die over me.

(OOC: Withdraws vote until circumstances will force me to vote against someone else)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we have a deadlock, and many believe that I and Lady Celes are innocent let's give this round to the wolves.

Vote for a non responsive:

Solivagus~~Gunther

Follow my lead:

IC:

Abraham comes out of his tent, wiping his brow. He looks beat.

He accepts a cup of hot coffee from Blondie and sits down with an exhausted sigh.

Cat looks up from across the fire, wan and slightly skinnier than she was last week herself.

Abraham nods.

"Adam's fever broke about an hour ago."

"Then that's the last of the sickness," says Rosalie. She reaches up to scratch but stops herself in time. "Hope there's no scarring."

"I reckon we can move on in the morning," says Markus.

"I've seen illness wipe out a train before. Heard of it a number of times," says Spud.

"And here we sat for a nearly a week," says Jake.

"Well, Jake, most of us were a-bed for a few days this week," says Amanda. "Yourself included, I may add."

"And I thanked you more than once for your care," he says, with a bow. She nods back at the apology.

"The good lord blessed us that nobody died," says Abraham.

There is a silence at the camp fire.

"What is it?"

"The german fellow. The one that didn't speak much english," says Trudy.

"As you know, he quarentined himself first thing. Wouldn't associate with anyone. I wonder how did he get the sickness, though," says Nathaniel.

"Don't know," says Charlotte. "We offered help. Neighbor helping neighbor. Soup. Bread. Care. He was the only one that said 'no zank you.' And wouldn't lift a finger for any of us. 'I am zhure you vill be fine. Please do not come any closer to my encampment.'

"And he seemed healthy enough earlier in the week, though a little peak-ed yesterday," says Cat. "But nobody's seen him since this morning."

Well, come on," says Abraham. "Let's go check on him now. Who's with me?"

OOC:

All those wishing to vote Solivagus~~Gunther out join me in a trip to his wagon.

Non responsive players are generally not the wolf. Most people with a role are too involved to skip posting. But, this is one solution.

OOC: a vote for Solivagus~~Gunther.

More later,

Vahktang

Edited by Vahktang

Charlotte looks at Abraham and is relieved that he finally responded, however, the solution he suggested makes her unconfortable; trading one foreigner for another was not a happy solution, but if it'll help unlock this tie, she'll have no choice. Or does she... after all, Cat agrees with her opinion about Markus.

- Well, this is a solution... not the best one thought.... but I share Cat's opinion about Markus.

(OOC: A vote against: Deg-Markus)

Edit: Katz post made me change my mind again

Cat stood up among the others. "So many unsure. So many changes. So many refuse decide. Me still not sure Cartwright innocent, but me think us need hold together. Gunther no choice to make band together, only one me see is Markus. He threaten one to claim protect us, he not respond questions, he sow anger and hate. Us need agree against Markus, and us need do it soon." By the time she finished, she sounded certain and unafraid. "Most of all, us need stop silence! If some think me wrong, say so. Else, join, help. Help us live."

OOC: Change vote to Degenero Angelus - Markus Black

Lots of vote changing, so I'm going to post the tally: (Most recent vote to left)

Tanuchan Null

Elwen Lady C

Vahktang Solivagus

Jammeez Null

Merelas Vahk

Lady C Solivagus

Dean Null

Degenero Lady C

Solivagus Null

Katzaniel Deg

Totals:

Lady Celes - 2

Solivagus - 2

Vahktang - 1

Degenero Angelus - 1

Null - 4

Edit: Two posts while I did this, plus Vahk finished his, but I still think this is the better option.

Edited by Katzaniel

OOC: You know what? I've just had an idea.

What if the wolves are Vahktang and Lady Celes both?

I have no idea how accurate this idea is, and (of course) I realize my logic is quite often fuzzy... but I'll change my vote to test the theory.

Vote Changed back to original plan for Lady Celes Crusader/Charlotte Gainesbourg

Totals:

Lady Celes - 3

Solivagus - 1

Vahktang - 1

Degenero Angelus - 2

Null - 4

Edit to add Character name.

Edited by Merelas

"You want to kill me? Fine, you're not the first ones who could say that. But as I've said before, Charlotte, your way of condemning innocents to their death isn't very reassuring of your desire to protect those very same innocents." Markus says, half sadly.

He looks at her, only sadness in his eyes, then looks at the small girl.

"You want me dead also?" He chuckles to himself, a despairing sound. "All my life, the only thing that has brought me consistent happiness in the darkess I've walked through. Children. And now one wants me dead. Irony at it's finest."

He pulls off his hat and throws his cigarette to the ground.

"If you think an innocent man guilty. If killing me will make you feel better. Then I guess you're gonna do it anyways. I'd suggest you find the person actually doing these murders, though." Markus sets his hat down on the ground, turns, and walks away, leaving it sit there.

He walks into his wagon and lies down, thinking to himself while smoking a cigarette.

First people hate me because I'm poor. They take everything I love from me, and send me off into Hell.

Then they hate me because I'm rich. They want what I earned. What I paid in my own blood to get. And they want to kill me for it.

Now they hate me because I speak my mind. Because I want to find the person that's killing them off. And again, they want to kill me for it.

And that child. Everyone thinks she nows things, but she really doesn't. She's just a scared little gitl in a place she doesn't know, and more innocent people are dying for it.

with that last thought, Markus falls into a troubled sleep.

Nathaniel follows Markus to his wagon, wondering about the man whom he'd not spoken to since they joined the wagon train.

Knocking on the side of the wagon, he calls to him, "Markus? You there?"

The man whose name fit his attire stepped out groggily a moment later, and looged at Nathaniel. The man looked afraid or almost angry for a moment, but Nathaniel took it to be his having just woken up.

"Markus... I wanted you to know that I admired your speech, and that I really believe your innocence... I just thought I should tell you that."

OOC: Merelas doesn't know about Markus and Amanda's old fling yet :blink:

Charlotte is exasperating.

- That's because your behavior didn't leave much of a choice in my mind, Markus. You said that I am a killer and I told you that you are wrong because you ARE wrong. I'm here to protect and people fear me because I am different? Acting against me will help those who threathen us to wipe out this caravan. I'm willing to sacrifice my life for all of you if it means saving an innocent. But I only wish to bring in Hell the one who is tormenting this caravan with me.

(OOC: If Deg is a wolf and I'm dead, it's going to be a tough time for the surviving pionneers.)

(OOC: But if Lady Celes is a wolf and Deg's dead, it'll be tough for us too... I don't know. I have a feeling you're claiming to be the hunter or seer, and that worries me... but then, you don't know who to trust, do you? What if you're just saying that in your defense?)

(OOC: In this game, the Hunter has the advantage to let himself known since if the wolf attacks him, one of them dies. So it's all in my favor to say out loud that I'm the Huntress. I kept myself quiet at first because I hoped the wolves attacked me instead of the Seer. ;) )

(OOC: since we're all doing this, I might as well too.

I'm not claiming to be the hunter. But I'm now olf, and I don't believe Celes *is* the hunter. I thnk she's a a wolf in hunter's clothing.)

Markus nods at Nathaniel. "Thank you, sir. I honestly don't know what's gotten into these people. Anyone claiming to be able to protect us has a death wish, since the killers can hear. They might take one out, but they'll die themselves. No one wants to die. No one would say that unless they were the killers.

He looks directly at Charlotte.

"You, I've said it before. I do not believe."

AAAAARRRRGGGGH!!!!

WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE TRYING TO DO TO ME?!

*the mod's head starts spinning around and around and then explodes into a million pieces, killing everyone near.*

And, as far as your characters are concerned...A giant herd of rabid buffalo come charging out of no where and trample the entire group, followed by the largest tornado anyone has ever seen destroying everything into such small pieces the the indian tribe that comes by the next day can't find any sign that people were ever there! :huh:

:lol: :woot: :lol:;):D:rolleyes: Just kidding. this is getig resolved with dice. No more posting until I've posted the death. <_<

Arguments get heated and tempers flare on the hike to and from Courthouse Rock. Nothing gets resolved, however, even though some blows are exchanged. The wagon train moves on, amidst the intermittent fighting among the travellers.

A couple of day's travel from the Rocks, the group gets to see another natural monument in stone. this on is a stone spire reaching more than 400 feet straight up, like some giant sewing needle pushed up through the prarie. The wagon train stops near the base of the tower for the night, and, once again the younger folks decide to do a bit of exploring before dark, with the older folks shaking their heads at how the younguns can still have energy for such explorations after a hard day on the trail. At least the arguements have settled down as there have been no further deaths.

The last small group of explorers stays a bit too late and is hiking back to camp in the dark. Suddenly one of them screams and Adam Cartwright is yelling for his Pa to come a running and to bring the medical kit. Charlotte has stepped on a rattler in the dark and it bit her on the leg. Mr. Cartwright does what he can for the girl, but she is deathly pale and feverish by morning.

After a brief but heated discussion among the men, Jeb approaches everyoen and announces that as they have no doctor with the group that they will be pushing on for a small town that has begun forming at the base of Scott's Bluff. (as a side note, as a kid my parents took myself and my little sister trick-or-treating in Scottsbluff, as it was a smaller, safer town for kids than Cheyenne, Wyoming, which is ten to fifteen miles farther west.) Hopefully there will be a doctor there who can help. The town is but two days distant if the girl can last that long. Blondie and Spud have volunteered to ride ahead on spare horses, hoping to make the trip faster and meet them on the way back with a doctor in tow.

Sadly, by the end of the first day of travel, Charlotte is completely delerious and in her demented state is claiming to be some sort of protector of the innocent and proclaims that she CAN'T die because of this. Then, she accuses everyone in sight, including all of you, of trying to kill her and of being murderers. She then falls into a near comatose stupor and never speaks again. She dies quietly sometime in the small hours of the morning. It is a dispirited group that makes its way into Scott's bluff the next evening, where they find that Blondies horse stepped in a gopher hole the previous day and that the two had only made it to town a few short hours before everyone else.

OK. OOC: Yes, Lady Celes was the hunter, which I forgot to stress was supposed to be kept secret. Oops, my bad. IC: None of you knows whether or not to beleive Charlotte's wild claims about being some sort of protector. However, with her death by such obvious accident, the accusations die down and things are quiet for the next stretch of your journey. Have fun roleplaying the trip from Scott's Bluff to Cheyenne and from there towards Fort Laramie. Note that the previously flat prarie is getting increasingly rough and broken. Soon after Cheyenne you will see mountains in the distance and will begin steeling yourselves for the difficult ascent up Laramie Pass, a difficult four day ordeal.

Wolves, you know what to do now. I await your choice.

OOC: Thank you, Katz! And did everyone miss that JAKE WAS THE SEER?? And someone even missed that JAKE IS DEAD! Honestly, folks! :hmm: *sigh* We're all gonna die, ya know. ;)

OTOH, I liked Tangy's story about the sickness sweeping the train and laying us up for a week. Damn! It was hard enough Itchy and I doing a 3-day trek with handcarts with our church youth group a couple of years ago. After the first day, I was literally in tears, I was so tired. I can't imagine having to endure the real thing!

Edited by Jammeez

SCORE CARD

The Living

Tanny~~Amanda Tanisson~~

Elwen~~Rosalie Tanisson~~

Vahktang~~Abraham Cartwright~~

Jammeez~~Gertrude "Trudy" Young McAllister~~

Merelas~~Nathaniel Bluett~~

DeantheAdequate~~"Blondie"~~

Degenero~~Markus Black~~

Solivagus~~Gunther~~

Katzaniel~~Cat~~

The Dead

Eyremon~~Eric Smith~~gunned down by debt collectors, first lynching

MeThinksYouFoolish~~ Jake Burrow~~drowned/smashed on rocks, SEER, first slaughter

Lady Celes Crusader~~Charlotte Gainsbourg~~snake bit, HUNTER, second lynching