The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

WEREWOLF HO-O!

Gnarlitch

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Blondie slaps hot iron onto his wound. He winces hard, then scowls at the rest of the travellers.*

OK. Do you all understand now that we have to find our secret killer? Now more than ever before. The hard part of the trail is just ahead. We WILL lose people up there if we don't have enough hands to do the work.

But it begs the question...

*Blondie begins to put wound dressings over his chest*

...who wants to keep us from our destination? And why?

Markus... Several times I've seen you try to dissude some of our own from carrying on. Why? Everyone has just as much right to thier own land as you and I. While I'm not in the market, helping with this trail is lining my pockets during a bit of a lean time for me. So tell me, why are you here if you want so many not to follow in your footsteps?

There is enough reason to be scared. Hell, it can be a pretty rough life for a while. But to have something that's yours... Isn't it worth the risk?

OOC: Vote for Deg here.

Edited by DeanTheAdequate

Nathaniel sighs, and looks very uncomfortable. Slowly He looks from Markus to Blondie, and then back again.

Slowly, almost imperceptibly, he nods his head down, then up, and back to center, and never says a word.

OOC:Vote for Degenero Angelus/Markus Black

"You think *I* am the killer? And you too, Nathaniel?" Markus looks at the men disbilieving. "I swore it, on the family and the love I've lost. I've never killed anyone in my life.

"I've nothing left to live for, except to start a new life, away from the sins I've commited. If you want to kill me know, may God judge you." He turns slowly and walks away, tears falling from his eyes onto the ground.

OOC: Dean? Bad wolf.

A vote for Dean

Nathaniel listens to Markus' defense, and immediately feels a twinge of guilt. But at the word "God," his eyes jerk up from the ground, and he starts to shake subtly.

Slowly again, without saying anything, he turns from the campfire and follows Markus.

OOC: Sorry all. Change Vote to DeantheAdequate/Blondie

Amanda sees Nate coming from Markus' wagon, and frowns slightly worried. Then, as she listens to his broken sentences, she hugs him once. She loves him more than ever, knowing very well how his heart is heavy and the effort he needs to make himself point someone.

If both him and Markus agree on Blondie... and he was hostile against Charlotte, wasn't he?

OOC Vote for Blondie/DeanTheAdequate

Rosalie paces back and forth, long red-gold hair whipping loose of the braid, and feels something breaking inside her.

This is the end. she thinks sadly. Even if we live through this...we all will have something broken inside.

Doubts plague her mind, about the rightness of their course...

But the silent sister has been faithful all her life...and she will be faithful to her sister, even unto the end.

OOC: Vote for Blondie/DeantheAdequate

Ok, at this point it looks as if Dean/Blondie is getting lynched. For votes we have:

Bean/Blondie--4

Degenero/Marcus--1 (by Dean)

And as of this post the only one not voting yet is Solivagus. Will wait until 9 pm my time, midnight Eastern time, and then post the lynching results.

After the shoot out at Independence Rock, there are those among the wagon company who wish to return to Fort Caspar. They are reminded by Spud, however, that if they take the time to turn back for that, then they won't have enough time to make it through all of the mountain passes before the first snows and could get stranded. It is then sugested that they turn back to Caspar and winter there before continuing on the next spring. However, most of the travellers don't have the supplies for the lengthy layover that would entail and they would just end up starving to death instead of freezing to death. The best option appears to be to continue on. A small number of wagons decide to return to Fort Caspar anyways, feeling unsafe remaining with this company.

Those that continue on are even more subdued than previously, all except for Gunther. He had previously been quiet and unassuming, yet personable. Now, he glared and grunted at anyone who even came close to him or his wagon. Occassionally he would even be heard ranting and raving about lunatics and, of all things, werewolves. Everyone began to avoid him as completely as possible, thinking him insane.

The wagon train moved on, though, and even traversed Devil's Gate with out losing a wagon, by some miracle. The experienced guides said that was the first they had heard of a train making it through that pass without losing at least one wagon to the treacherous trail. After that, people began to breath easier.

Then, three days later, things exploded in confusion and violence once again. This time it was over a dispute between Markus and Blondie.

Blondie You changed your name, didn't you, and your haircut. You look a mite different now than you did a couple of years ago.

Markus Excuse me? I do believe you have me mistaken for someone else.

Blondie No. I'm certain of it. Yer thet no good scalliwag we were hired to run off from that farm a couple of years back. The farm where Miss Tannisson is from.

Markus *with a touch of fear in his eyes* I'm certain you are mistaken, sir.

Blondie You callin' me a liar? That's a shootin' offense out here. Course, so's murder, an' considerin' the no good, down-at-the-heel scoundrel and thief I got you figured for, I figure thet you are the murderer in this here group as well!

Nate *stepping up, looks from one to the other. Knowing that Blondie had been in Amanda's father's employ for the last couple of years, he begins to nod in agreement with him* mmmm, maybe you're right, Blondie, but what do you have to say to that, Markus?

Markus *getting angry* You think I am the killer? And you too, Nathaniel? *Markus looks at the men disbelievingly.* I swore it, on the family and the love I've lost. I've never killed anyone in my life. I've nothing left to live for, except to start a new life, away from the sins I've commited. If you want to kill me know, may God judge you. *He turns slowly and walks away, tears falling from his eyes onto the ground. Stops and turns, looking Blondie right in the eye* Sir, I do believe that YOU are the killer, a hired gun and a rabid dog!

Nate *Listens to Markus' defense, and immediately feels a twinge of guilt. But at the word "God," his eyes jerk up from the ground, and he starts to shake subtly. * Markus, I believe you, and will follow your lead in this.

Amanda and Rosalie step up beside Nate, both armed with shotguns.

Rosalie We believe Markus as well. This man is the murderer here *points to Blondie* I say we lynch him and be done!

With that, and with a united voice, the whole wagon train turns out for a good old fashioned "neck-tie party." Someone produces a rope and ties a slip knot. then someone else tosses the loop over a handy tree limb. About five minutes later Blondies legs have stopped kicking and are simply swaying in the light breeze. With that buisness taken care of, the pioneers begin to pack up, ready to move on...

Gunther You done hanged the wrong man! It was him all along! Mr. high an' mighty lawyer, too good for any of us here **BOOM** *he fires his shotgun into Nate at point blank range, near cutting him in half before anyone is able to react. Then, both Rosalie and Amanda react almost as one, firing both barrells of both their shotguns at almost the same moment. Gunther is thrown back, his body shredded and torn by all the buckshot, dead before he hit the ground.

Nate A-Aman--da...*gasp*

Amanda NATE! *runs to her fallen husband*

Nate I.....L..love..you........

Amanda I love you too. Don't leave me....*breaks down sobbing over Nate's lifeless body*

SIX WEEKS LATER....

The wagon train crests a rise and there is Oregon City in the distance, a mere half day's travel. Amanda sits next to Markus on the wagon seat, holding him close. They look forward with hope for a better and brighter future, both for themselves, for Rosalie, and for the McAlister children that they've taken in. If nothing else, they are sure that Polly will be alright, as she seems attached at the hip to a boy only a couple of years older than herself for once. They are even talking about marriage....

Congratulations to our wolves, Tanny and Deg, for winning this round. I'll leave it up to them to tell you all their back ground story. For story purposes, however, Rosalie suspects her sister of the murders, knowing what has happened in the past and knowing her previous attachment to Markus. But, does she actually know? Did she help? Only she knows that...and she hasn't told anyone....yet... :P

Also of note. With the lynching of Dean/Blondie, the wolves only had to do their night's slaughter and the game was won. As per their choice, that slaughter, Merelas/Nate was added into this post, as well as the only remaining person suspicious of them, Solivagus/Gunther, being taken care of in the process for purposes of keeping the story neat and tidy in the ending. My apologies to Solivagus for making him into a raving lunatic at the end. I simply chose something that would fit easily into the story and leave Amanda and Markus "free" to live out their lives.

Edited by Gnarlitch

:)

Thanks for the ending, Gnarly :) *hugs*

Just clarifying some things...

Amanda and Markus have been lovers for at least 2 years, before her marriage to Nathaniel. She married him forced by her father, because of deep debts that Nate's family could help with.

All the kills were done by Amanda, in her look for revenge against those who impoverished her father (thus leading her into her marriage) or to those hired by her father to send Markus away from the farm (Jake and Blondie). So, Markus never lied when he said he was innocent. Amanda killed the pioneers. Markus has never killed any person in all his life, and will hopefully keep so. Amanda was driven by both grief and despair for a lost love.

Maybe I'll write up Amanda's story... :) Deg, wouldn't you write Markus'? Neither me nor Amanda ever got to know what happened to Markus all those years they were apart (3 years)..

Edited by Tanuchan

GREAT game, I'd say!

Hypolyta "Polly" McAlister was going to marry one of the boys from the wagon train as soon as they reached the next settlement, but everyone was dead by that time.

But, her determination, nigh unto the stubborness of her mother Trudy Young McAlister, kept her family together right up until the end. She was fifteen years old before they reached Oregon.

Little Nell never forgot the words of her mother the night before she died. She cried sometimes, missing her ma, but she always knew they'd be reunited in the end. After having stayed with the Blacks for a short while, Polly took them to her new home with a young husband. They stayed in touch with the Blacks, however. It wasn't until years later that the McAlister children learned the true story of the wagon train, and who was really responsible for their mother's death...

Isaiah Young McAlister is an outlaw wanted for the murder of Mr. and Mrs. Black. He had to shoot 'em several times, though...he never did become a very good shot. :rolleyes:

As Gunther is slowly devoured by the wolves, all that can be heard his a constant, gibbering, "I told you so! :P "

And I didn't.

Good game.

When I heard it was Blackie & Amanda I figured you were having an affair.

One post before it was revealed, lot of good that does me.

I did say:

I think while the big dogs have been fighting, the wolves have been laughing.

Were you laughing?

Did Merelas and I make your job that much easier?

BTW, if this was an actual story, wouldn't it have been easier to have goaded Nat into throwing down with Ben, Ben killing him leaving you two available, or Nat killing Ben and being taken off to jail (or hung for murder, etc)?

Maybe if you write this up you can include those thoughts.

In any case:

Good games, wolves. Had no idea.

Shows you people to not follow me, doesn't it?

:)

And, Merelas, you played well, let me reassure you.

More later,

Vahktang

Thanks all... but let me really congratulate *everybody* for their RP and the fun it was being together. Even those who couldn't participate a lot remained IC to the end, and I loved it :)

And thanks to Gnarlitch, for all the fun and the really good flavor text ! :D

When I heard it was Blackie & Amanda I figured you were having an affair.

It was part of our RP setting that Amanda and Markus had been separated by circumstances and really met just by chance in the wagon train. But when we were rolled as packmates, we had to adapt what we had already set between us, Merelas, and Elwen. But I think also that the fact that we had that background helped Amanda to stay quite undercover, at least until almost the end.

BTW, if this was an actual story, wouldn't it have been easier to have goaded Nat into throwing down with Ben, Ben killing him leaving you two available, or Nat killing Ben and being taken off to jail (or hung for murder, etc)?

I don't think Amanda could have done that... not without risking arising Nate's suspicion on her sudden behaviour (remember that he did suspect there was something amiss, just never got to corner Amanda about that). In a story, maybe Amanda could have taken advantage of the shootdown where Cartwright died to also kill Nate... however, she did love Nathaniel in a caring way. She just didn't love him as much as she loved Markus. I don't think she would have been able to really kill him in cold blood. She acted driven by revenge... not because she was a killer.

Due to being "packmates", I think Markus did help Amanda planning the kills and how to cover them, though he never actually killed. He's a really determined man, although it was apparent just at the first round of lynching.

I intend to write Amanda's story... as soon as I can get all pieces together in an enjoyable way. :)

And... a question I have to you...

Why didn't you keep trying to lynch Deg/Markus? :huh: We were a bit surprised he never appeared as a suspect again until last round.

*hugs to all*

See you next game! :D

Edited by Tanuchan

Congrats to the wolves who are the second pair who won. I knew that Deg was one of them as soon as he kept accussing me over and over again. Katz and I shared the same logic and fate (ouch snake bites hurt... really).

I do wonder, as Tanny, why Markus/Deg havent been threatened more seriously?

Well, I didn't accuse him 'cause I really liked his character, and I wanted to see where it went. Could be the bad-boy thing, tho, 'cause I liked all the male characters with the dark mysterious sides...er...that would be ALL of them. ;) Hense, the Polly character to crush on all the boys. :D

Jamz :dragon3:

So... why did Deg fall out of suspicion? Hm?

'cause Merelas and I were pulling in all the attention?

Nah.

I would have suspected Blondie and Rosalie first.

Better luck next time.

More later,

Vahktang

But... he led the killing of your hunter!

... You guys be sure to read it when Tanuchan posts this in the library, since between us we are adding a new scene to explain why and how Cat dies (since she's not part of the revenge scheme, and it would be very difficult for Amanda to kill a child). No hints! You must all read.

Deg called me evil, so now I have free reign to be evil. Enjoy new, evil Katz.

Ne, Vahktang, just out of curiosity-why did you suspect Rosalie? Was it the fact that she never spoke up to accuse anyone but simply went along with her sister on everything, or was it the fact she was so quiet?