The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Upcoming Fall Ball

Ayshela

Main Thread here

~~~

Yay! i've had my Quill Quest project approved, so this is your official "warning shot across the bow" and Very Polite Request to please be present at the Ball. :)

The project and reasoning are thus:

i will be hostessing a Fall Ball for all the members and honoured guests of the pen. It will take me probably a week or so to get the preliminary writing done, and i will be starting an official Fall Ball thread and posting the build-up and opening of the Ball at that time. What i need from each of you is very limited, but very important - i need your presence.. your entry to the ball and as complete a description of your character (with any particular quirks, traits, or talents as appropriate) as possible.

The reasoning: we have a LOT of new members and pending members here. i joined The Pen on the 31st of March, and to this day i could list on the fingers of one hand the members i know well enough to be comfortable including in my writing in ANY way - one of whom i live with and one of whom has gone inactive. This situation severely limits the feasability of any role-played interaction or interactive writing.

What i hope for is that by completely introducing our characters - description, personality quirks, special talents, personal preferences as appropriate, however we choose to introduce ourselves.. that our newer members will feel more comfortable taking part in interactive writings and working with each other and us as community members.

As a part of the process i will be establishing the existence of a general Ballroom on the thread for The Many Rooms of the Might Pen Keep thread (as the only one mentioned there is in Lady Celes Crusader's tower and i'm loathe to take over another's space). (and BTW there is a LOT Of good writing there, if you haven't taken a look at it i strongly recommend you do so.)

Again, it will take me a week or so to get the preliminary writing done. The Ball itself can go on as long as people continue to have an interest in it, but for story-line reasons i will be closing out character introductions on the 30th of this month. If you would like your character to make an appearance but will be unable to post between, say, the fifteenth and thirthieth, please PM me and i will make sure you are present. :)

if you have any questions feel free to either ask them here or PM me.

Thank you. i'm looking forward to becoming better acquainted with you all. :)

~Ayshela

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tzimfemme wants to know if it's come as you are or masquerade ball. I think her Dr. Tzimfemmestien-ish side is starting to show again. ^o_o^

Minta absolutely positively refuses to leave her room if dates are required (you can peek inside and try to coax her out, but she's being rather loud).

--Rydia, shiny pointy ear starlet

Ayshela~

First of all, YAYAYYAAYAY! *does the happy dance as dancing is one of her (and SAlinye's) strongest passions!

Secondly, I do have a question.

Do we PM you the ballroom entrance or place it on this thread? I wasn't sure what you wanted. I assume you want it pm'd so it can't be read until you post it, but I wanted to make sure none the less. :0)

Oh, and um...you won't be writing me out of my towell again, will you? Wyvern's heart can only take so much! http://www.themightypen.net/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif

~Salinye :butterfly:

*giggle* hon, if you're appearing in a towel you're fair game, but at this point the thought hadn't crossed my mind. ;)

i have a LOT of prewriting to do before the Ball properly opens. When that happens i'll open a separate thread posting all the groundwork and throwing the doors open. At that point any who want to may just post to the thread - the only need to PM me an entrance to the Ball is if you're going to be out of town or some such, unavailable to post but still wanting to attend.

As hostess i'll be here and there and about, and i believe Alaeha has approval for a project she will be announcing which will dovetail as the main entertainment.. but once the main thread is opened, it's open. :)

hmm.. as i think about it.. you're not planning on appearing in a formal towel, are you? ;)

This is a great opportunity!

There are a number of members who have accounts but haven't, for one reason or another, made up a Role-Playing personae to go with the name. This would be a good non-hostile environment for them to introduce themself (and get a touch of online-Role-Playing experience).

I'd imagine that a member could just make the one post introducing themself, and that there would be opportunity after that to make more showing interaction if they wanted to do so?

-an excited Ancient

absolutely. All i REQUEST is that as many as possible make an appearance and introduce themselves, so that the new members (and some who haven't been here for a while and are back) have the most complete awareness of just who comprise the membership here.

Beyond that, there will be lots of time and opportunity for interaction, dancing, conversation.. who knows, someone may set up a drinking contest at the bar, loser has to recite a tongue-twister or some such.. lol

the more interaction the better, and this would be a splendid opportunity for those who haven't role-played in a long time, or ever, to stretch a bit and have some fun with it.

And for those who for whatever reason can't.. please come and introduce yourselves anyway. :)

Please, take the Manor of Tongue's ballroom! I'll help you dust it off. :)

As for me, I'll be there. Most of the description in listed in the Greenroom is accurate although I'll precise my cat's behavior in such events:

Carbone: She'll hide in Celes' quarters and she'll only show up when she'll want to go for food or needs the litter box (both are in a room next to the dining room). When she does show up she'll try to make herself invisible and run as fast as possible toward her destination.

Cambronne: Why he might be shy at first, he'll inspect the whole assembly one member at a time, rubbing his nose and sides on everyone. However he'll hang around Celes and will meow from time to time when he'll want her attention. He'll meow only to his mistress.

Zariah's Introduction

Peredhil suggested that I suggest that anyone unfamiliar with character introductions, who want to participate in the Ball should use my intro as a guideline (why? I don't know...and please don't interpert this as me being full of myself, I am merely following a suggestion.)

Hope that it actually IS helpful.....

Again - NO date required. :) You may certainly bring a date if you like, but it is not a requirement.

Lady Celes - i greatly appreciate the offer, but have the Ballroom pretty well drafted already, and one of the requirements was that i establish the setting for the event.

Zariah - why? oh, maybe.. because it was well done? :)

We could all show up with towels, of course--Tzimfemme with a towel around the head, Minta with a towel cape (pinned at the neck with a death's head)--that gives us a common element to work into our introductions AND a chance to pay twisted homage to Douglas Adams.

*giggles*

okay, now that could get rather disturbing...

this is the Fall Ball, not the Falling Towel Ball..

;)

though the twisted homage would be quite an amusing idea.

Oh, and Salinye - it's only the "same outfit" if it's the same colour/pattern towel worn the same way. :)

sooo...when's the party? I didn't get an invitation yet.....

Annael looks at her butterflies playing with some confetti in the air....

on the other hand, I might have gotten it. Heh. I'll come of course :D I love parties!!!

Nyyark grins in anticipation. A fall ball and what perfect timing... He rubs the sweat from his palms on his black robes as he rethinks what Crow had told him. She met a girl in the forest on the way to the Pen some months back, and the girl knew crowspeak. Not only crow common, but a few of the smaller tribe languages too. And upon asking Crow, she also informed him that this girl was a total babe. A hotty fluent in crowspeak here at the Pen, it was too good to be true! And the Fall ball, a perfect chance to ask her out. Ha this won't be like last time. Nyyark shakes his head as he thinks of Vulture Girl. I'll wait until after she answers to leave the room. Now I'll just have to think up a pickup line before the 15th...

Nyyark’s thoughts are interrupted as Annael exuberates "I love parties!!!” Not following the conversation Nyyark stammers, 'Uhhh me too. I'll be there; I just need to find a date."

"No dates required" repeats Ashleya for the third time, but Nyyark has stood up and began to wonder off to Nythtyrdal to figure out what to wear.

"Maybe Crow knows some good pickup lines..." he mutters as he leaves the room.

Meep!

That's tonight!

I need to figure out what to wear. The pigs, the boys!

Remind Gyrfalcon to give Guido the Bartender the night off. And Waterlilly!

And music!

The musical pieces for each of us. So far I've only found lyrics for some. How did so much time pass when I've so much to do!

Peredhil set off in a whirlwind of activity.

meep meep!

yes, it is!

i wanted to make sure that the thread got opened this morning, my time zone, though - that way it would be opened in time for those whose time zones puts them much later in the day. :)