The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

TWO BIRTHDAYS!

Salinye

WOW! Double the birthdays! What a lucky day! How wonderful an opportunity to extend well wishes and praise to two GREAT guys! I hope your day is of the lovliest kind and leaves you with many warm (if not scandelous) memories!!!

~Salinye :butterfly:

You two had better have a happy birthday. Or else. I'll hunt you down, and I'll tickle you until you're happier!

*Demonstrates Evil Laugh*

(Insert Evil Laugh Here)

Anyways... Have fun. And you just remember what I said. ;)

^.^

Or better yet, BirthdayPartyStick? Heh, it's been a great weekend for the ol' Pointy One here, and this is like the icing on the cake, thanks everyone ^.^

In return, I'm going to tell everyone a l'il story about why my birthday rocked so much this year (way more so than the last.... most of my birthdays)

So it all starts out, I'm having fun, my friends are feeding me screwdrivers left and right (I ended up having 8 drinks last night, a new record... heh... of course, for those concerned, I rarely drink, and don't plan on making it a habit ;p ) Anyways, so I'm standing outside on the balcony, I'm taking to my friends (female) one of which I used to work with, and the other who I still work with. (They're just my buds ^.^) My other friends are all chatting it up in the corner behind us, and I'm diverting my attention everywhere, to make sure everyone's having a good time laughing at my false-drunkenness. (Ok, so I was kinda drunk on the outside, having a hard time standing and what-not...)

But anyways, my female friends point out that these guys keep waving at them and checking them out and stuff, and I'm like "That's not cool." (They have boyfriends, but neither were there...) I also suggested that maybe I grab the guys' bums to freak them out or something. I didn't do it, of course, but that's kinda an important point. Kinda. So the night starts winding down, I'm down dancing on the floor with a Tyler and the two lady friends, and the guys come over, and try to start dancing with the ladies, who are like 'ew' so I'm like 'uhh, no.' So I start swinging my hips, and send my butt right out there, like right in the way of their groove, which obviously sends 'em off. They keep trying to come back, but I'm just not having any of that. Apparently (my friends tell me this afterwards) these guys are shooting me dirty looks and stuff, while I'm just grinning like an idiot, laughing it up. So one of them comes back, and tries yet again to dance with one of the girls, and of course, I don't want that to happen, but this time my best and friend and roommate Dan comes in, and diverts my attention back to the girl I'm dancing with, repeatedly. I'm like alright, whatever and go about doing that. Not long later, the music's done with and we leave. The guys are still shooting me looks. The girls ride arrives, so Dan, Jason (our friend who decided to a.) come out for once and b.) be our driver) and myself head home. We're sitting around chatting (this is the important part) and Dan's telling me how these guys keep looking at me, giving me these dirty looks (I didn't know at the time) and talking about me and stuff. What made it all worthwhile? Why am I telling this story? Because of one l'il phrase segment: (in regards of whether or not they were going to mess with me)

"That guy has friends."

Damn skippy.

Thank you all for your kind birthday wishes (yes, even the threats of tickle-torture) :D

We had a most marvellous day, commencing with the All Blacks thrashing South Africa (Rugby). And today (my brother's b/day - 21/07 here in NZ) the Silver Ferns became World Champions (Netball)...

New Zealand (my Pacific homeland) is riding high on a crest of sporting success due in no small part to my complete lack of participation in either sporting discipline!!

Pressies were forthcoming at a wee afternoon tea held in my honour; candles were placed on a cake (banana cake - my fav! Yummy) and, due to the vast number thereof, set the smoke alarms ringing. Said cake was consumed with gusto by all gathered there and it was good.

All in all, a great day!

We are happy to be another year older

We are, however, dismayed to be none the wiser.

Oh well... :P

I need a nap... :sleep:

Wyvern arrives at the Cabaret Room in a typically late manner, bowing apologetically towards the Big Pointy One and Psimon while tipping his party hat and giving the two of them his best belated birthday wishes. Having finished this, the overgrown lizard turns towards Big Pointy One and hands him his very own portable window to jump out of as a gift, grinning and noting that he still has his jump tally sheet at hand. Turning towards Psimon, the overgrown lizard hands the poet a notification that he'll comment on "Just Dying to Say..." some time in the near future, as it's a truly excellent poem...

OOC: It's somewhat late, but a very happy birthday to both of you guys! :)