As the zipper reaches

its final destination,

a narrow feminine

contour.

The woman sighs relieved

gently twisting to

free her leg from its

leather-clad prison.

*giggles* I've had this idea of an abstract imagery in my mind for a couple of weeks now. I only today finally sat down to transfer it from my mind to paper. It was originally titled "New Boots", but I didn't want to tell the title in advance. I wanted the imagery to speak for itself. :0)

The idea first came to me a couple of weeks ago. I have a pair of black leather boots that stop just before my knee that I wear with dresses and skirts sometimes. One day at the end of a long day I was tired, my feet hurt and as I unzipped it the

black

leather oasis revealing a river of creamy white skin.

jumped out at me and I knew it wouldn't go away until I wrote it.

Just a fun one, I hope it made you smile or laugh!!

~Salinye

All you naughty minded people!! It was just a poem about a boot!! :ph34r:

Oh, and Peredhil, I prefer Tricksy Vixen to tricksy Whench thx.

*snickers and runs away*

Thanks for all the nice comments!!

~Salinye :butterfly:

Heh. Yes, I think 'tricksy vixen' works pretty well. This was cute and enjoyable, Salinye. Good job, and thanks for sharing it! :)

I do have a question for you, though; not a critique, just a curiosity from someone who's really quite poetry-dislexic. What motivated the line breaks that you used in this piece? When I write poetry, it really tends to be in black and white. The rhyming scheme and rhythm determine where lines stop and start. I enjoy this kind of poem, in which it's less structured, but I just don't understand it. Maybe there's a rhythmic pattern that I am missing? Or did you just break it with thoughts? Or is it to lead the reader into pausing on certain words or phrases?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just curious. :)

Yours,

~Yui

Well, Yui. Being a newbie to poetry Format I can only tell you my thoughts behind this particular poem. I wanted it to be abstract. Luring your mind into thinking one thing and then twisting the image at the very end. Therefor I wrote it in a way that I hoped would keep readers guessing. :0)

The only line that I very specifically formed was

As the zipper reaches

its final destination,

a narrow feminine

contour.

Right there I was trying to visually paint the ankle. That line is meant to mislead the most and yet it is a bit of a clue that perhaps the poem is indeed about new boots! lol

I wrote this as a first attempt at abstract imagery and specifically broke the sentences up in unorthodox ways in hopes that the imagery would speak for itself without rhyme or specific rhythm. I find when I read it I have a very specific rhythm, but perhaps it's different for another reader? It's my hope that the words would flow down from your lips like the zipper flows down the boot! I suppose my main goal was to isolate the imagery as much as possible.

The only thing I have thought I might like to change (I'll probably move it down to the workshop to do so) is that I thought of forming the poem so it actually is roughly the shape of a calf going down the the ankle then top of the foot. It's very close to that anyway, and I think it would be a creative and relatively easy change. :0) What do you think?

Anyway, thank you for the comments and questions. I'm sorry I don't have a more educated and professional answer, Yui. I'm still writing from my heart and creative thoughts and still learning the fine art of form and technique. :0)

~Salinye :butterfly:

Edited by Salinye

Salinye, a 'more educated and professional answer' would just have gone way over my head! :) Thank you, that is just what I was asking about. I don't know much about the technicalities of poetry either, and that's why I wanted to know your thought process.

I appreciate your patience with my insatiable curiosity. :)

~Yui