The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Pens

Quincunx

As an incurable doodler and one who's always making up new fonts, I keep a variety of pens around my person: one black ball-point pen with a wide line (currently a Pilot pen), one fine-line pen of unconventional color, preferably ball-point (currently fiber-tip, Zig Millenium in dark purple), one random purchase (currenly a sparkly green with ink so watery I use it as a marker), and one pencil as sharp as possible. The paper, on the other hand, is always the back of a receipt; the notebook is strictly for useful notes. Letters I write VERY rarely and on whatever gift-set of stationery someone gave me a few years previously.

I am VERY fussy about what kind of pen I use...so am never satisfied with what I have. *sweatdrop* But last year, I drove my chemistry teacher crazy because I wrote an entire test in bright pink. "Lynne, you didn't put your name on this, but with the handwriting and the ink, I can tell whose it is. Stick with blue or black, please."

Usually the cheapest, handy bic 4-color fat thing, for in-lecture doodles, and a plain blue bic for the notes proper. As well as for general writing, of course, since scratching out what I just wrote usually take up 90% of the page.

Can't waste expensive ink! Especially since it tends to eat through the page. . .can't stand that.

cheapest plastic mechanical pencils i can find for notes...

hybrid black gel pens for anything else...

exspensive charcole drafting pencils for anything eleborate...

and am currently in love with green highligthers... death to yellow *grrr*

revery

the dreamlost

"oyi..."

the dream continues...

The only pencil I use is a carpenter's pencil, which I use for... carpentry.

At work I religiously carry a massive machined aluminum and enameled pen inlaid with a design of silver hand tools on black, with the design of a big machine screw and a nut on the clip. It was presented to me by some guys at work because I build things. Unsure of the manufacturer, but it uses Cross refills, which I use in black. The other pen I carry at work is a sharpie, which I actually build with.

For writing by hand I only use an incredibly ancient clear plastic Sheaffer SH50 fountain pen, with Peacock Blue ink cartriges, which I am incredulous every time I find on the shelves.

As far as pens go, I absolutely hate not being able to erase so I have a rule that I won't buy pens which means that I'll only use what I find on the ground. However, I'm almost never without a pen--though I dont' often carry it.

So, what I actually use is a mechanical pencil--my handwriting is too messy, so it needs all the help it can get. I use the things up pretty fast, because when I'm not taking notes in class (which is often enough) I'm writing because I'm playing some word game with myself, or I'm improving my left-handed writing.

my shirt pocket has clipped in it:

black Pilot G-2

silver barreled ballpoint, unknown maker, everyone where my mom works got them and she gave me hers, currently has a Cross blue refill in it.

sparkly green gel pen, maker unknown

Gel Grip dark purple gel pen

i usually use the purple. :)

ah, randomness! I use whatever the hell I can find...at one point I had about ever frekin colour pen you could imagine in my trenchcoat, but they all mysteriously disappeared...including my best pencil Grr. I mourn the loss of that pencil, I did a few hella rad piccies with it...ah well...BUT SHARPIES ARE THE BEST!!!!

I use keyboard so exclusively I can hardly write any more. Evolution or degeneration, dunno .. at least I can type really fast, usually so that it's my brain that lags, not fingers (has partly to do with the fact I have to often type things in EQ in the time it takes to cast a complete heal, i.e. 10 seconds, and usually under stress too).

Actually, I'm very exact and demanding with my pens. For regular writing, I only use black pen. If I don't have a black pen handy, blue will do ok in a pinch, but I prefer black. When I mark something, it is in red pen. No other color for me will do.

Now you say, "So, Madoka? What is so exact and demanding about that?"

Well, my black color pens HAVE to be non-smear, ballpoint, 0.5mm ink. Blue pens can be 0.7mm or 0.5mm in size, but can be smearable. Red pens HAVE to be non-smear and 0.7mm. It can be felt-tip or ballpoint, but not a marker.

I have grown fond of pens made by either Zebra or Uni. No other pens from other companies will do.

I hardly ever use pencils.

Lately, I have been using my Sony CLIE PDA a lot, so I've technically been using a stylus instead of a pen. :)

Madoka.

Non... Dig..i..tal...? What is this 'Non-Digital' you speak of? :P

On the rare occasion that I do have to use a pen or pencil - I assure you that my writing is so messy it won't matter what size, style or colour I use. :) (In fact, a smeary pen, may actually improve the quality. :lol: )

- Justin

(Edit? What edit? I don't know what you're talking about...)

Edited by Justin Silverblade