The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

an app at last

So, I'm finally getting my arse into gear and applying for membership. I hope this poem works :) *nervous smile*

Look to the mirror,

See the faces pass me by,

Watch the days run like liquid,

Lose the will to try.

Trust to my actions,

And watch with disjointed view,

As another faceless man

Speaks my words too few.

I, ghost of my life,

Can’t take my own reflection,

In my own ghastly mirror

My imperfections.

Look to the mirror,

To see who stares back at you,

A spark of recognition,

Hope to find your truth.

Words sometimes

once they’ve left the hand

and the ink has dried

fixing them upon the page

shine like silvered glass

within the light

of reading’s glance

and show features hidden

carefully over time

beneath the scribed veneer

their author shows

to other eyes.

A piece at once thought-provoking, well-written and stimulating.

Nicely done

funnily enough yes. But, it was where I started, and was for a long time somewhat a theme with me... mirrors, windows and glass. I wanted to go back to my roots but look at it slightly differently. you can see some similarity between this and the first poem I ever wrote called Stuck (it's posted around here somewhere...) but there is a deffinite difference in perspective.

Hopperwolf paces back and forth outside of Wyvern's Office door nervously, wondering what could possibly be taking the overgrown lizard so long to arrive. Beginning to get fed up with waiting for the Elder of Initiates and letting out an enormous sigh of frustration, Hopperwolf turns away from his pacing grounds to go seek information concerning the lizard's whereabouts, when suddenly he notices the door to the Recruiter's Office open by just a crack. As it does so, an eery streak of orange light escapes from the small opening and a tortured scream echoes throughout the Pen's halls, causing Hopperwolf to shiver in horror. The door opens wider and Archaneus suddenly rushes out as fast as he can, having faced Wyvern's beauty parlor methods and never wanting to have to endure their long duration again. Hopperwolf's eyes widen in terror as Wyvern exits his Office dressed in the most out-of-fashion beauty parlor smock imaginable... The overgrown lizard notices Hopperwolf, who is frozen in horror, and quickly grabs the canine applicant by the paw, pulling him into his beauty parlor/office lair...

Seating Hopperwolf in the same chair that Archaneus had previously sat on and strapping him in tightly, Wyvern gently plucks the nervous wolf's application poem from his hand and reads it over in a concerned manner. After he's finished with it, the overgrown lizard exclaims:

"I see that, like Archaneus, you've become upset by your own reflection... well have no fear my canine friend, I'm here to change that! Sit back and relax... this should only take a coupla days..."

Having said this, Wyvern pulls out a manual of wolf hairstyles and flips through it a random, turning to a page that has a picture of a chihuahua on it and stopping there. Wyvern considers the pic for a moment, then shows it to Hopperwolf and asks...

"What do you think of this look, Hopper?"

Upon viewing the picture of the chihuahua and imagining himself having the same hairdoo, Hopperwolf goes pale and faints... Wyvern winces at the strong reaction of distaste, and decides that the style would perhaps not be the best for Hopper... but at least the picture had acted as a strong sedative. Flipping through the pages of the manual once again but finding nothing much of interest, the overgrown lizard sighs and tosses the manual to the side, deciding to form Hopperwolf's new hair style by his own design...

A few days later...

Hopperwolf awakens, as if out of a bad dream, only to find himself seated and strapped to the same chair he had passed out on. Looking at his reflection in a nearby mirror, the wolf practically roars when he see's that his fur has been braided into the curls of a french poodle. Noticing Hopperwolf's discontent, Wyvern immediatly undoes the braids and fiddles with the style again, coming out with a look similar to that of a long haired sheperd dog. Handing Hopperwolf a mirror and giving him a thumbs up sign, Wyvern exclaims:

"I love it! It's definitely a very grungy look... Perfect for headbanging at the next "Lupis Exxxtreme" concert!"

Hopperwolf pushes back the hair that now covers his eyes and, upon viewing himself in the mirror, decides that it would be best to cover his face with his hair again as the style looked awfull. Muttering curses to himself, Wyvern decides to start from scratch...

A few days later, Hopperwolf's hair is restored to it's original form and his application is marked "ACCEPTED". :D

OOC: On a more serious note... a very good application poem, Hopperwolf, and certainly ACCEPTED. Welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) Be sure to post your e-mail here or mail me at elitwack90@hotmail.com so I can send you some Pen info... once again, welcome!

Rune runs into the room to congrat'u'late Hopper on their acceptance. She hands the wolf a gift with a huge grin on her face.

"Here you go, its a gumi bear.." Rune pauses for a moment as though she has lost something.

"What is it?" Hopper inquires, thinking the demoness is a rather confusing child.

"hmmm" she says to herself, before dropping to the floor and searching around.

A few moments later she stands back up and exclaims "ah ha! Here it is. Darn 'M's, always falling off."

She presents Hopper with the appropriate gummi bear and waves as she heads out of the room.