The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

I come in peace

Aldeen

Greetings all. My name is Aldeen. Perhaps some of you already know me from my rantings over at the Legion of the White Rose. More likely I am a stranger to you. In either case I've been led here by Goodly Peredhil, many thanks to him for the invitation. At his behest I have posted for your comsumption a little something I threw together. I am breaking edicts set down for me by every writing instructor I've had by exposing my first draft for public consumption. However, such is the pace of things these days that I am both hardened to technical critique and in haste to move on to the next thing.

Another Legionnaire!

By the Gods, it's amazing the talent they draw in! Glad to make your aquaintance, Aldeen. Welcome to the astounding yet astute abode of the amazing Pen. Mightier than any blade, wit here is sharper than some of the swords White Rose Wonders such as yourself may hold high. :lol:

But, I digress from putting my foot in my mouth. Any Legionnaire is a friend of mine, and any friend of mine is a welcome addition to the Pen ('cause I only keep the best of the best as friends). And, to conclude, any welcome addition to the Pen is subject to our "traditions". So, as your bestest friend in all of the land, let me guide you through one of them:

Barkeep! Another 'round, same as the last!

As I recall, they had a similar system at the Tavern of the Morning Rose (if that's the right name, it's been a while, you see), so you shouldn't be too shocked at buying the room a glass. Though a word of warning, you better watch that Zool, he likes to leave more on your tab than's called for. See 'im? He's right over there...

Psst, Barkeep, gimmie another 2, on this one's tab. :rolleyes:

Ahem, what was that? Oh yes, don't worry about the critiquing here, we're all friendly, not afraid to say what we think - but we really don't bite.... well, except for Wyv. I don't know about him; even almost-dragons are big enough to keep an eye on. :dragon::P

All kidding aside, I do hope you enjoy your stay with the Pen, and it is great to see another face here, no matter where you're from. Taking a look at your poetry and attitude, I think you'll make an excellet addition here, so when you feel comfortable, feel free to head on over to the Recruitment office, and post a little something and become a permanent resident. :)

Me? My name is Justin 'Silverblade' Thomas, and, well... I'm around. Glad to make your aquaintance.

Yours,

- Justin

Welcome! :fairy:

Rune runs up to Aldeen, taps him on the knee to get his attention, quickly shakes his hand and then runs off with an old man named Josh in toe.

"Wait! wait just one moment..thats -tow- not -toe- Rune."

"Ooo, sorries." The demon child blushes slightly. "silly words, always mispelling themselves."

• 2 weeks later...