The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Accurate explanations

Aardvark

"Zombi?"

"Yeah, Zombi. Without the E. The E is a useless addition to the name, I tells you. It drops it out of synch with causality, weakening the creature."

"I see..."

"See, you know your average zombie well. Brainless corpse, ambling around on a neverending search for brains. Most people attribute this to the creature's lack of brains from being dead and all, but they be wrong, I tells ya."

"Umm... ok"

"Where as your average Zombi, don't forget the capitalisation, I tells ya, well he's a smart, cunning devil. Unless he's a she. Then she's a smart cunning devil. Either way, they're smart and they're cunning. They're not really devils, being the reanimated corpses of people, but that's beside the point. They fight like devils, plus they're smart like devils and they're cunning like devils. They're still undead, but in a devilish way."

"Right..."

"Now, if you pitted a Zombi against a zombie, it'd be no contest. The Zombi would pummel the inferior git into the earth, tear it limb from limb, then chant various deathrites over it's dismembered form, to dispel the weak magics holding it to the world. Try any of that garbage on a Zombi, you'll be payin' a visit to the undertaker in the morn'. 'Cause they got the harmonics all correct an' such, they is stronger, faster and can sew themselves back together in the event of sudden dismemberment."

"Umm..."

"Too few of them necrogoons realise this, though, so they go ahead, preaching their dyslexic dogma to the dead and get inferior beings rising from the ground. But once they drop the e, they've got some serious soldiers of the damned at their disposal. But they've gotta be on their guard, 'cause these Zombi be cunning' devils, know what I mean? They'll tear you limb from limb soon as look at ya, and that's when they're in a good mood."

"Who are you, again?"

"So's I got to thinkin' that maybe the misspelling is some kind of safety thing, put in by necro's from ages past, knowin' that their descendants are gonna be the inferior type of necronerd who isn't into the whole king of the dead routine and only practices this in his mummy's (heh heh, mummy, geddit?) basement 'cause they can't get girls. Sos the ancients deliberately on purpose misspell the name of the things, thereby castratin' them of their power, speed and brains, thereby ensuring that havoc isn't wreaked upon the world 'til someone worthy of the title Lord of the Undead emerges"

"Ok... I'm going now..."

"Now, your classical Lord of the Undead...."

At this point, I smiled, nodded politely and backed away. God, who invites these freaks to parties?

:blush: Thanks, Aardvark. Your Joy is so bountious...

My my, did someone get up on the wrong side of the ant hill this morning? You certainly sound like someone who could use a little cheer. How about this;

Q. Why did the chicken cross the road?

A. To show the aardvark it could be done. :lol:

No? Ah well. I tried. :P

From Seasame Street:

I'm an aardvark, and I'm proud!

I'm an aardvark, and I'm happy!

I'm an aardvark,

If I try to be specific

And a little scientific,

I am feeling quite terrific!

I'm an aardvark, fierce and free!

I'm an aardvark, standing bravely!

I'm an aardvark,

And I'm tough and smart and strong

And always right,

And that's the way I'll always be ...

Until I meet another aardvark

Who's bigger than me!

Posted Image

Edited by Rune

Cerulean contemplates the removal of the final letters of names. She scratches her quill busily over a sheet of parchment, until she has some workable examples.

"Okay let's see..." she murmurs, checking the parchment studiously. "I think we have an astute theory here...

Zombie goes to Zombi, fair enough

Zool would be Zoo (somewhere safe to keep his mad chickens? lol)

Peredhil would be Pered-hi (always a friendly greeting for folks)

Rune would be Run (She certainly runs a lot of great threads)

Yes, I think the theory pretty much holds up.

As the last words have barely left Cerulean's lips, Harpy enters with a grin and a wink.

"That'd make me Harp then?"

The two women share the same improbable image of Scarlett in angelic attire, reclining serenely on a cloud, issuing delicately plucked melodies into the ether.

Cerulean tears the parchment up into confetti-sized pieces. :D