Or I expose my heart and they just don't see -

Should I post?

How am I to get better if'n I don't take the chance

Anyway, they prolly won't give it more than a glance

Might as well post.

Some one read it and understood!

They don't hate me for this mood

My spelling's bad they didn't care

They waded through it and rated it fair.

I'm glad I posted!

We do not write because we want to; we write because we have to.

W. Somerset Maugham

everyone feels this way. heck, everytime I hit post I'm scared poopless (hehe) that I'm gonna get a bad response. But I've learned over my all so many years (yeah right) that criticism is something that we need, if it's good or bad. It don't matter. We grow and continue. It's the way of life.

hmm, nice observation peridhil... think i went through similar feelings some years back... good stuff.... oh to anyone reading this, don't let grammer or spelling limit you posting and what not... 'cause as anyone's that's ever seen me write on the fly in mIRC can vouch... my grammer sux...

revery

the dreamlost

"time gone..."

the dream continues...

Edited by: reverie  at: 12/29/02 12:21:07 pm

Actually it was written as a present for a friend reluctant to post here.

But it was also written from my own experiences, the feeling all too common of being the outsider in the cold looking in at the party by the fire enjoying themself.

But it was also written from the emails and private chats, finding that others shared my fears - some just cover it better (or are more shackled by pride into appearances) than I do.

I'm an honesty junky, so I just say how I feel and what I mean. Saves time that way.

Hugs everyone.

I'm glad I struck a nerve!

We've got our own party out here...

We do not write because we want to; we write because we have to.

W. Somerset Maugham

I think everyone goes through some sort of insecurity when doing anything new. The internet allows us to hide behind false personas and provides protection that real life cannot create. If you get scared or hurt here, you simply disconnect. On the flipside I think it can also dwarf our confidence in ourselves. You are no longer forced to face people directly for feedback which sort of messes with some people skills. Im not saying the internet is bad, just something to consider in the grand scheme of things. *waits to be twarted and hung for comments* *zips lips and runs off flailing*

*Walks by, winking at Rune*Whispers The fun stuff comes later*

On a more serious note... (Why do I feel that quoting Wyvern is a bad thing)

Peredhil, very well written. I agree with what everyone says... Not much I can add.

Guest Brute3

One can always get slobbering drunk. I can't say much for the possible effects on grammar, but hey, an ounce of my booze is a bucket o' bravery! Have some booze, then post away! who cares after that? Besides, once you've drank enough, humor gives everything a positive color.

Then again, maybe that only works for me.....

Brute

O Drunken One

• 10 months later...

Meow... i generally just post and then wince. If it's good, it's good. If not, I'll learn and get better. If it's ignored... Well, then I guess it should be deleted. But, through the posting process, from writing to posting, I just type and click with blissful indifference, and hope nobody shoots me on the street for bad writing...

Excellent post Master P. I think people fear not the response but the concept of the negative response. The concept brings fear the idea. When you understand the root the concept the rest falls into place. hehehe I don't make any sense, not even to myself lol. CYA later

O I get my self evertime....lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you for asking Hame_,

You have my permission to quote it as long as you attribute it to the Pen with a link to our site.

Poetry is for communication and sharing after all, but I particularly appreciate your being Polite in asking first. :)

Hugs

-Peredhil