The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

New Pen Promotions

Wyvern

Wyvern wanders into the Cabaret Room in a half sober state, reeking of booze from the Endless Decanter and occasionally hiccuping a smoke ring or two... Standing somewhat dazed in the center of the room for a moment, the overgrown lizard quickly knocks himself back into soberness using a spare "Anti-Wyvern Mallet" he had stolen from Melba. Clearing his throat and accidentaly belching an enormous jet of flame into an empty corner of the room, the greedy Elder announces:

"It's time for some new promotions here at the Pen... here are the current ranking updates the Elders have collectively agreed upon:

-From Initiate to Page:

Kasmandre

Katzaniel

Mister Burrofoot

SoaringIcaurus

Vlad the Imploder

-From Page to Quill-Bearer:

Big Pointy One

Revery

-From Bard to Elder:

Gyrfalcon

-From Ancient to Elder:

Lumpenproletariat

Congratulations to all of those promoted. For those that weren't promoted but felt they should have been, you needn't worry... if you continue posting, you'll definitely be promoted next time. For those that were promoted: please be patient for the editting of your titles and sending of the new passwords... due to the holidays, a number of the Elders are currently absent, thus the updates may not get completed as fast as we might have liked.

I encourage everyone to continue in their creative writings and comments over the holidays, and be certain to check out the details of my latest project ("Poetic Justice") if you haven't done so already.

Happy holidays to all!

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"If it doesn't make dollars then it doesn't make sense" - Triple Seis, "Glamour Life"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Edited by: Wyvern00  at: 12/26/02 9:33:24 pm

Stick- congratulations! ^_^

Congratulations to everyone else as well.

Kokuryuu- it's not a matter of the number of posts you make- its a matter of being seen contributing to the community. So you don't have to go into a posting frenzy, just keep on doing what you're doing, and you'll advance eventually.

Guest lumpenproletariat

I'm not entirely sure how to explain it correctly, but a promotion comes from time and dedication to the pen, from initiate to page comes from elders recognising you as active within the pen community. (*just notices Gyr slipped in a post above him, I'll continue anyway) But it changes slightly, for example BPO will have to complete a "quill quest" to advance from quill bearer, and so on. I'm also unsure, but I think there may-be an official post regarding promotions in some other forum

*shrug* Well I try my best

To be just like I am

But everybody wants you

To be just like them

They sing while they slave and just get bored

I ain't gonna work on, nah

I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more

Guest Kokuryuu Flameshifter

o ok then. I wasn't going into a posting frenzy anyhow... though it would be fun and annoying

Muwhahahahah~

But alas, I won't....

Peredhil flinches at the horrible words

I think that, even retired as I am, I would find that someone spamming a site dedicated to improving writing would be...

Rude.

I'd prolly have to release Guido and Nuncio on them. Or if they persisted, allow Elrohir to begin moderating their account.

If the Elders, who ARE active, didn't get to them first... We do not write because we want to; we write because we have to.

W. Somerset Maugham

Guest Kasmandre

Whoopie!!!! I'm a Page.

Kasmandre stands in front of the other assembled members and holds up his award.

"I'd like to thank the acedemy and all the little people I stepped on to recieve this. I'd also like to thank my hairdresser, the director, God-"

Wyvern clonks Kasmandre on the back of the head with the Anti-Wyvern mallet. Wyvern looks at it and remarks, "Hey, it hits other things well too!"

Peredhil wanders in to congratulate all the promotion recipients...

And then wanders away, planning on how to put the new Elder to work

Congrat Gyrfalcon! You thought you were busy BEFORE! We do not write because we want to; we write because we have to.

W. Somerset Maugham

YAY!!!

What is copnsidered more prestigious? Ancient or Elder? I've understood it as Ancients are people who used to be Elders except they just got really old (and tired/lazy). If that is the case wouldn't lumpenproletariot's (sp?) promotion be a demotion?

Please help allevieate this confusion. ===Vlad the rage-aholic===

I can't live without rage-ahol!

"Me is smart. Dur." -Stick

Guest Mister Burrofoot

This email we are supposed to recieve with passwords and what such not, well, I think I deleted it, or have not recieved it.. Could um.. Well if they have been sent out, could I get one again?

-Kender

-There Can NEVER Be Too Much Horsepower-

A black swathed figure coughs dust from a forgotten corner

Hey guys I've been checking out this forgotten corner for awhile an-WOW! Promotions!

Congrats to everyone promoted.

Nyyark thinks for a bit

You know, I've completely forgotten what I was going to say. Oh well.

Nyyark sprints to jump oto the 'I need to post some more' Bandwagon

Oh the password thing eh...

Umm... I recently went through computer troubles so my normal e-mail won't work...

could you send it to... I don't have another e-mail... : -->:">

Oh* I need to update my sig now... I know exactly what to put too. Tralla, would you mind hosting this one too? You can delete the initiate if you need room...

Edit: Just made one: TheMadVamp@yahoo.com Edited by: Vlad the Imploder at: 12/30/02 7:38:44 pm

Guest Katzaniel

Hey, neato! I'm a page...

What's that thing everyone else says all the time... w00t?

OK, w00t!!!

I had the idea that promotions only came every 6 months or something, so I'm real excited to be promoted so early. Congratulations to everyone else, and good luck to those still waiting.

Hehe haha! I will continue on as usual

* Katz