The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

I dare you!

Sweetcherrie

Goodie *bounce* a new game *bouncebounce* :w00t: and it’s one that you’re all playing in….weather you want it or not….mwuahahaha *cough splutter choke*

I will send out three dares through PM. The people that receive those dares will get instructions through this PM....the rest you will find on the boards..... :ph34r:

There’s nothing to win, and nothing to lose….well there is something to win…some activity on the boards ;) oh and some fun of course ^_^

hmmmaybe, this needs some clarification...

It's like a chain letter...

I've given dares to three people. Each of those people (if they join in) will give a dare to two people (6 now) and then each of those six people will give a dare to one other person. That way the dare can keep going around the Pen :)

A dare you say? :blink: I will suggest that this approach has often cause me to place myself in ridiculous positions ;) but for you Sweet I will accept the challenge.

Floral Attraction

As the early morning sunlight warms the red and yellow petals of the daylily, the yellow jackets are already hard at work. Silently the flower screams with scents and colours at the passersby. The flower is designed to entice and excite its chosen suitor. The scent is strong in the air and the insects’ zone in on the bulls’ eye pattern.

With a savage thirst the insect swerves and swoops down to land on the generously ample petals. The landing is rough and the flower laughs and showers it suitor with pollen as it has its fill of sweet nectar. Deeper into the flower the bee presses legs and fuzzy body now covered in yellow it disappears. The flower convulses vibrating as if shaken by some unseen hand and then sways as the insect emerge and takes flight. Rocking back and forth it quickly comes to rest, settles itself and waits for another suitor.

This flower is for you Gwai and Appy. Dare ya!

Edited by Regel

Rachel means a ewe of God

(way back in old Hebrew),

And I'm sheepishly admitting,

I think this ewe is you.

You're a bellwether leader

Of so much at Pen

And yet you're gentle through and through,

You're one of my oldest friends

(since waaay back when)

One of the truly truest few.

And so as I take this dare today,

(I simply must honestly say,)

There are few ewes in this world so grey

I like so much as I like you --

Gwai.

Dares go out to Signe and Tralla...

"Um... m'lady Yui Temae?"

The addressed woman raised her gaze from the book she had been reading and saw the slightly worried face of Zadown of Old hovering far above her. He was clad in his customary green robes, a sheathed katana hanging from his cloth belt. There was a wooden box in his hands, large enough to hold a cake or a book, that he held in front of him almost like a shield - or an offering to a capricious god.

"Yes? What is it, Zadown-san?"

"Although this is really late now, I was ... hindered at apologizing about my involment in the incident that happened back then with the Dreamer. And I never got the chance to properly thank you about the time you came to rescue me from my ... err, travels. That island there in the low-magic world, whatever it was."

Yui smiled and nodded.

"Alcatraz Island. Bad place to end up stranded at."

"So ... I wish you to have this."

He offered the box to Yui who stood up and took it, a quizzical look on her face. The box was made of some scented wood and was quite heavy, but there didn't seem to be anything inside it. Its cover was engraved with stylized pictures of birds and trees, a different tranquil scene from nature etched into each of the four sides. When she moved as to open it, Zadown quickly made a forbiding gesture.

"No, no .. don't open it quite yet. Through our link ... well, he wasn't called the Dreamer for nothing, at least when you named him. We learned, or gained, some skills with dreams, skills he never himself really used as those immortals he spent his time with do not sleep, mostly. So. The box contains a dream seed, a dream of summers and forests and warm sunlight, nothing much else. Open it and breathe the scent of dreams inside when you are stressed and can't sleep. It might help, I hope."

"Thank you, Zadown-san. I look forward to using this, then."

He bowed and she reciprocated the gesture. He left with a lighter step than he had walked in with, a faint happy smile on his bearded face.

-

Wyvern "If it Gleams it is Gold" Almostadragon gets one of my dares and the other dare goes out to Valdar "Fear the Ears" Twiceborn. ;)

Wyvern pauses in front of the extra-wide double doors, lifting a clenched claw and casting a final glance towards the tall object at his side. The used dining cloth cloaking the device made it resemble a ghost with an eating disorder, or perhaps a phantom with a longing to break out of the stereotypical "haunt in white" trend. Wyvern's tail twitches as he considers the bare tabletop in Lady Celes Crusador's Cafe, but he represses thoughts of sharpened kitchen knives as a familiar voice calls from behind the doors.

"Come iiiinnnnnn!"

Wyvern takes a deep breath, then grabs an edge of tablecloth and enters into Happybuddha's dining quarters. The great Buddha himself sits at the end of an enormous table, covered in a mountain of dishes ranging from mountain goat to free range chicken. Happybuddha gestures from his shrine of a seat, setting a deer leg to the side and letting out a hardy laugh.

"Wyvern! How can I help you?"

"Well," Wyvern clears his throat of a few ashes and taps a claw on the object by his side. "I actually wanted to give you this... thing."

Happybuddha glances at the standing cloak at Wyvern's side, then shakes his head and grunts.

"Sorry Wyv, if you want get rid of your spectres, take'em elsewhere. Especially spectres with eating disor-"

"Oh, it'sss not a ghost. Here," Wyvern grabs the tablecloth and tosses it off of the object, revealing what appears to be the remains of his Almost Dragonic Brand Mouseketeer™ attached to a stick. Happybuddha stares for a moment, then claps his hands and smiles.

"A tablecloth! How thoughtful of you, thanks Wy-"

"Errr, not that." Wyvern points to the remains of the Mouseketeer. "This."

Happybuddha stares at the standing remains of the human-sized mousebot, then shakes his head and grunts.

"Sorry Wyv, if you want to get rid of your trash, take it-"

"It'sss not trash. In fact, it's the opposite!" Wyvern sneers and raises a claw. "This Almost Dragonic Brand Rodesposal Bin™ is perfect for dumping leftover bones once you've finished with them. Just open the mouth/hatch and dump away."

"Ohhh, I get it." Happybuddha grins and lets out an echoing laugh. "Well, thanks Wyv. I think I'll try it out right now."

Happybuddha picks up a full elephant skeleton from his plate and tosses it towards the open maw of the Almost Dragonic Brand Rodesposal Bin™. The makeshift disposal outlet is crushed under the weight of the gigantic skeleton, and shatters into pieces.

"Errr..." Wyvern scratches his neck and watches as the head of the former Mouseketeer rolls across the carpet. "Y'know what... you can just keep the tablecloth."

;-p

OOC: Dares going out to Kirja and the Portrait of Zool. ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

This is actually a song but I'm bloody well not singing it for anyone despite the fact that I've been bopping around the computer room humming it for half an hour now. ;oP

Do you want to see a sexy man?

The sexy man who's called Orlan!

He'll make you curl up your toes

He has women lined up in rows!

He's Orlan, a Man of Terra

He'll make you not want to share- ah!

He's hot and he's oh so yummy,

Just look at that board-flat tummy!

Now go see the sexy man,

The sexy man called Orlan!

Dares go out to... Gyrfalcon and Ayshela!

Ayshela quirked an eyebrow at hearing "I dare you."

"oh, really now?" she thought. With an impish grin she quietly made her way through the Keep toward the Werewolf players. She drifted to a halt just inside the cover of a nearby shadow and waited... and waited... watching as people slipped this way and that, listening to arguments and whispers and still waiting...

Once all was quiet and the person she waited for had come near, Ayshela sprang out in a flying leap and pounced Tanuchan! As they rolled across the floor in a tangle of squeals and giggles, arms and legs and hair flying all directions, the only word which could be heard was a gleeful "Gotcha!"

As they rolled to a stop Ayshela hugged Tanny firmly and whispered in her ear, "Your turn. I dare you!"

Dang, it's been way too long since i had a good excuse to tacklehug someone! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

As they rolled to a stop Ayshela hugged Tanny firmly and whispered in her ear, "Your turn. I dare you!"

Dang, it's been way too long since i had a good excuse to tacklehug someone! ;)

I received a dare...?!! :blink:

Huh... sure... erm...Sweet, I'll be PMing you shortly... since I have no idea what i'm supposed to do...?

*tacklehugs Ayshela belatedly*

:unsure:

Oh my http://www.themightypen.net/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif

I hadn't noticed that things were this unclear here....

Ok some more info then, sorry for the confusion :(

Basicly you receive a dare from someone by pm that has something to do with writing (just don't ask people to write a book for this).

You write for your dare, and then hand a dare to the next person, and also send this person a pm with the dare you would like them to write.

Usually these are little things like: "Write a poem that revolves around flowers" , or "write a story with so and so member as the main character".

I hope this clears some things up, and thanks to Tanny for letting me know that things weren't clear in the first place :)

So I guess I can't write something for this until I get a dare... gotcha. Sounds like fun to participate in, and it's certainly fun to read!

Thanks Evangeline ^_^

And yeah, sorry this is indeed something that's like passing a torch on, and you will be getting a dare from other people :)

But!

Katzaniel has a really nice thing going in the Cabaret room, called Circles. And she has just started her second round of that, so that might definitely be an idea ;)

Or there is the werewolf game that will be started soon run by Mynx ;)

And then you don't even have to wait until there is an activity, but you can always choose to start one yourself ^_^

The what I finally wanted to say in this post......

*bump*

People that have received dares.... *thinks of what those people that didn't do their dares were used to call when she was little* oh yeah....chicken tongue.gif

But seriously though....you are allowed to post them here ya know wink.gif

This was more meant as a friendly teasing nudge than anything else, I've never meant to hurt or insult people with it. If I did so, my apologies for this.

Nothing but silence
soft and relaxing...
when suddenly arms
come round me.
A squeeze and a smile
- reassuring strength
and the truest of loves:
friends that are there
to support and protect,
to pull into their arms,
to share their hearts,
to hold and comfort.

~Tanuchan

Tanny finished writing with a neat hand, and later on stuck the parchment onto a board at the Cabaret Room. Then she left with a smile, already having ideas on who to look for.

Her first target was unsuspectly reading a book by a waterfall, not too deep into the forest. So entranced he was in his reading, that he never heard the wolf approaching. Tanny grinned with a mischievous glint in her eyes, and very gently started weaving the threads of water coming from the waterfall.

Azuran looked up, startled by the droplets of water spraying him. He instinctively protected the book by tucking it into a pocket, and saw only a dark blur suddenly jumping on him.

Both sage and wolf tumbled down the gentle slope, splashing into the water. Tanny shimmered into her human form as she hit the water, hugging her friend and laughing, "I dare you!"

Azuran flailed almost in panic, still disoriented, but a soft touch from Tanny's water-weaving told him he was indeed safe. Water closed over them, and they emerged independently some seconds later. Still laughing, Tanny took again her wolf shape and, after diving once more, left the river and shook herself vigorously.

"Hey!" Azuran, stepping out of the water soon after her, raised his hands trying to shield his face from the drops of water being shaken away by his wolfish friend.

The wolf stretched and trotted to a sunny spot, sitting there back in her human form while Azuran hastily checked his pocket for his book.

"You shouldn't worry, Az..." Tanny smiled at seeing his relieved face. "I'd never let a book be soaked in water because of my pranks. I wove a protection around it."

Azuran tried to scowl, but realized that his dripping figure wouldn't help much, and while pushing his hair out of his eyes he laughed quietly. Then, much to his surprise, he felt his clothes drying - and a quick glance at Tanny was enough to tell him she was again the responsible for the trick.

"I wove the water out of your clothes." She explained with a smile, patting a spot at her side. "But just your clothes. You'll enjoy the sun more, now."

His new attempt at a scowl failed miserably, and he ended up laughing at her side while she explained to him his dare.

A couple of hours later, Tanny surprised another of her friends. Coming back after some days out of the Keep, he never saw the tacklehug coming. "I dare you, too!"

"Wha..."

The question was lost amid black fur and purple robes - wolf and panther fur, both dark and lustrous, tumbling in the shadowed path taking to the gates of the Keep. The wolf bounded out of the mess of robes and backpack, immediately followed by the now fully-feline Panther, in a merry chase into the woods.

OOC: Sweet let me pass on the dare to two people, but each of you - Azuran and Panther - should pass it on to just one other person :)

Edit: just thought it would be interesting to reveal the dare... I had to describe being hugged without using the word 'hug' :) Edited by Tanuchan

• 2 weeks later...

This has actually been written for a while, I just now got around to posting it.

EDIT: Sorry for the apparent confusion, which no one told me about. I WAS dared, by Gwaihir. NOW, if I wasn't supposed to say who dared me, please tell me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The Earth our mother she who gave us life,

The one who protects and supports us all…"

Brentin Hambolt scowled as he heard the progression pass through the streets, complete with bells and whistles. It was idiotic really – a new religion based off the "elements" of Earth, Water, Air and Fire (in that order) which was sweeping the kingdom. Supposedly it advocated equality and freedom for all races, "equal under Mother Earth's eyes." Brent didn't much like it; the only thing he trusted and believed in was his sword and money purse.

"Benighted ogres," he muttered staring into his tankard. Love for his fellow man had never been really high on his list of morals to nurture – 'nurture' wasn't even close – even less so for things other than man. With a severe twist of his cracked and rough lips, Buntin chugged his ale and slammed the mug down. The disgusting things were always reaching for "equality" and "racial rights" they didn't deserve – they didn't even deserve what they DID have, let alone rights like normal creatures! They were only good for cannon-fodder and grunt work.

THUMP. A mug joined his on the stained table, and a body dropped to the chair next to him, interrupting the best blue funk he'd had in ages. He recognized the bundled and wrapped form as that of Meric Shefin, a fellow bounty hunter. Meric was a good friend – by bounty standards – a reliable ally, and an honorable enemy.

"Did you hear the commotion?" asked Brent.

"Yeah," grunted Meric. "It's embarrassing."

Brent glanced at his companion, noting again the wrapped and muffled features, the dark cloak and reluctance to reveal, and came to an obvious conclusion – "Your husband after you again?" A slight movement might have suggested a shrug. Brent barked a short laugh. "Who caught you now?"

"Another peeping Tom."

"Is he still peeping?"

"No."

Brent laughed again. Trust a woman like Meric Shefin to take care of a spy – permanently – and then go about her life as if nothing had happened. After all, it was a constant experience.

"So, about those idiots…" Brent plumbed the silence stretching between them, looking for tidbits. Heaven forfend he was a gossip-monger… but blackmail was always useful, right?

"They're radicals who don't know what they're talking about, and ruining it for the rest of us," Meric's rough voice growled.

Brent blinked. "'Us'? Who's 'us'?" This was new. He han't expected someone like her to belong to an organized group. Meric was silent for a while, letting the background noise fill in, then stood up and tossed a coin large enough to cover both beers on the table. She gestured for Brent to follow and he did, intrigued. Once they were outside, Brent stopped, expecting Meric to stop too, but she kept walking. He shouted, "Wait! Who's 'us'?" She paused and turned to him. Something glinted in the dark recesses of her hood.

"The Ogres." And before he could unfreeze from shock, she disappeared into the crowd.

Edited by Evangeline

Hate

dark monster lures

behind the shades

One-Way mirror

reflecting our soul

red and prying

wondering how

The F®iend can end

Tender Love and Care

two-headed beast

luring us in

one-way traffic

whispering poison

with one soft word

soft, caressing

the world can end

Hatred and Detest

OOC: Might still change things, might not :)

I was given the dare by Evangeline, and will pass it on to Katzaniel (expect a pm sometime soon :P)

W00t, I got a dare.

Lost, in the caverns

of the blackness

of the day

Gone, from the story

of the people

of the Way

I am forgotten,

I am lonely,

I am history,

a stone.

I remember,

all the things

that I should have,

would have,

done,

but there's nothing,

no there's nothing,

in the blackness

of the caverns

of the things

I do this day.

For I am lonely,

I am history,

as forgotten

as a stone.

Wow, I have no idea where that came from. Not quite fitting with the dare, but close enough.

I dare... cenobyte. Yes, I've seen you lurking. Let's see if I can't inspire you to post something. :)

The nun stared at the visitor in front of her in horror, clutching at the neck of her habit, her fingers tangling in the chain that supported a simple crucifix.

It wasn’t that the woman in front of her was dressed immodestly, though she was – a short t-shirt with ‘Born to be Bad’ across the front and short shorts. No, what horrified the nun was the bat wings neatly folded behind the woman’s back, the tail that waved and twitched lazily, and the short red horns that poked up through her dark tresses.

“Excuse me, where can I find the abbess?” Signe said again, starting to sound slightly annoyed.

“D-demon!” the nun cried out before whirling and running.

“Demoness thank you very much.” Signe said sharply after her, before a smile brightened her face. The nun obviously wasn’t who she was looking for, but with any luck she’d run for the nearest person of authority. With a cheery smile, she walked after the fleeing nun, tail waving happily as nuns shrank back, mouthing prayers and trembling hands presenting crucifixes.

The succubus ignored them all as she walked into the cathedral at the center of the covenant, to see the nun who had first ‘greeted’ her babbling incoherently to an older stern-faced woman.

“For the last time, Sister Josephine, there is no such thing as demons, and furthermo-“ the abbess was saying, cutting off as she looked up and saw Signe. The color drained from her face. “Further... more...” the abbess trailed off, at a loss.

Signe helpfully flapped her wings and smiled winningly as the nun turned around, squeaked in horror, and fainted. The abbess whirled and picked up a golden cross that stood on the alter, turning back to Signe and presented it before her, saying in her firmest voice “In the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit, I command thee to leave this house of worship!”

Signe slowly advanced and bent forward, critically eyeing the cross. “You know that’s only gold leaf, right?” she said as she straightened. “And the whole cross thing, and the demon recoils in horror? That’s just the movies I’m afraid. Generally we tend to laugh.”

The abbess stared at Signe, then at the cross. “Um... get thee behind me, demon?” she tried, voice wavering.

“Well, if you really want me to.” Signe said, walking behind the abbess, causing the woman to whirl and face Signe.

“Well see? Now I have to go behind you again.” Signe said in mock-annoyance, secretly enjoying this a great deal.

“Er... keep thee in front of me?” the abbess said.

“Now you’re just being inconsistent.” Signe said, pouting and crossing her arms.

“What do you want here?” the abbess said in despair.

“I want to join your order!” Signe said, finally getting to the point of coming here.

“You... what?”

“Join your order. Become a nun!”

“That’s.... that’s impossible! You’re... er... well... excommunicated by default, I think.”

“What?! Why!” Signe demanded, looking outraged.

“Er... well... God cast you and your kind out of heaven for rebelling and... er... well... I don’t think you’re allowed to become a nun.”

“This is an outrage! This is discrimination!” Signe shouted.

“Er... I’m terribly sorry about this, but I will have to ask you to leave.” the abbess said, trying to sound firm.

“No! I’m not leaving until you apologize for this outrage!” Signe screamed.

The debate went on for nearly thirty minutes before Signe marched out of the covenant, a bundle under one arm and her head held high. As soon as she was out of sight, she started laughing in glee. Not only had the stunned abbess apologized for having to turn her away, she managed to wrangle a nun habit as part of the abbess’ apology.

Still laughing, Signe walked back towards the portal to the Pen, having acquired what she wanted... and wondering how much Candarius would like a naughty nun to deal with.

-----

Dared by Signe, and passing the dare onto... Yui-chan!

What a life...

A lot of his emotions are channeled through me. His sentiments of love when he writes letters to his girlfriend. His feelings of uncertainty when he writes essays and exams. All through these times I am with him. I listen to his troubles. I've always been a good listener. I never talk back to him, but I have always been told that the important thing is for someone to be able to talk about his problems. I do all this, and much more for him, and what do I get in exchange?

I am thrown in with lesser writing accessories and even an eraser. It hurts my feelings to have to spend most of my time with these lesser beings, whom are used by him less frequently. I deserve much more than this. Another treatment he gives me, which I don't deserve is being chewn all the time. Imagine my disgust the first time he took me into his mouth, and sunk his teeth into the soft plastic around my back end. That was four months ago. My back end has now been mutilated beyond recognition, the plastic twisted and torn. I don't know how long I can take this treatment.

And the worst is that I don't have that many options to retaliate against him. If I start leaking ink, he'll just wipe it away, or wash his hands as though nothing had happened. And if I decide to run out of ink, he'll just slam another recharge down my throat. I've tried everything I could, but nothing makes him notice my complaints against the horrific ways he treats me. All I can hope for is ending it all. My end shall probably be in a rubbish bin, once he finds someone better to torture, a new target for his torments. Until then, I shall have to suffer.

OOC: dare received from cenobyte, and passing the dare on to Gwaihir.