The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A drawing for....

Sweetcherrie

Sweet ran around dropping stuff everywhere. Her magical pens were forming a trail behind her, and her arms were still full enough to provide an orphanage with toys. When she skidded around the corner she ran straight into Morgane. Toys went flying, and the jar with whipped cream she’d had in her hands sprayed all over the place.

“Jouch, oh, hi, gotta go, t’is Appy’s birthday, gotta go.”

The girl struggled to get up, but the cream had made the floor rather slippery and to not fall again, she grabbed hold on Morgane, making them both fall again.

Sweet scrambled back up gathered all toys together, not noticing she also grabbed Morgane’s teddy, and hurried of again; shouting over her shoulder that she could use some help if Morgane was feeling bored for some reason.

Finally she skidded to a halt inside the cabaret room and glanced around. Right, that corner would do just fine. She dropped all her toys in the corner and looked in between them for her magical pens. Toys flew over her shoulder and slowly the ground transformed into a toy-carpet, but still she hadn’t found her pens.

Then she remembered that she must have left them in her room somehow. She turned the corner and just that moment Morgane came in.

“I thought you might-“

“No time, I forgot my pens and I wanted to make a drawing from her and Moose, and ….”

Her voice had gotten softer as she hadn’t stopped running while shouting at Morgane, and now she had left her standing there. Morgane looked at the pens in her hands that she had gathered in the hallway...

OOC:

*huggles*

*huggles some more*

Happy birthday ^_^

Morgane looks from the pens in her hand to the rappidly disapearing Sweet then with a careless shrug she drops the pens and starts digging for Mr. Teddy.

"YOOOOHOOOOOO MR.TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDYYYYYYY where are u hidiiiing????"

With a happy crow she pounces and drags a bedraggled Teddy from the piles of things.

"There u are! Did u try to sneak off with Sweet?.....Oh u mean....but.....oh alright if u say so.......i KNOW u only have your b-day once a year......u realy think so?....Appy would be pleased?... oh awright I will give her my second best lolly.....but but Mr.Teddy!!!!! not my best!!!!"

Morgane looks at Mr.Teddy large tears welling in her eyes. Her eyes wander over the clutter when she notices the pens she had dropped.

"Oi Mr. Teddy i could draw her a pretty picture!!! MUCH better than a Lolly no?....well i have no paper........i KNOW the wall is not appropriate but....oh common Mr.Teddy don't be such a stick in the mud!!!"

Grinning she grabs the first pen and starts a large circle on the nearest wall.

"There thats gonna be the b-day lolly cake thingy!!"

Then she grabs 4 pens and artfully fills the circle with squigly lines her tongue sticking out in concentration.

"See? its rather neat even if i say so m........oh Mr. Teddy of COURSE i will put in a candle."

Grumpily she drops the pens and starts digging for another colour

With a spurt and a face that was saying thunder Sweet ran back to the Cabaret Room. Her pens hadn’t been in her cupboard, and she was starting to get worried now. What if she’d lost them? They were her most precious possessions, not to mention one of the few ways she could do some magic.

She ran around the corner, and started sliding. On her first trip she had dropped one of her roller skates, and of course her foot had stepped straight on that stray skate. With rocket speed she was rolling back into the Cabaret Room…straight into…

...a tall and aging yet unnervingly handsome man in long, dark blue robes.

"Huff", said the man as he landed plumply on his arse, not neglecting to catch the little girl as she came crashing down on top of him. Holding her firmly in front of him, the greybearded man gazed into her eyes with a stern look on his face.

"Where to, child, in such haste that you cannot look out for an old man? Mind, if you do not look, you do not see; if you do not shout, I cannot flee!", he puffed out over over his breath, before bursting out in a wide grin encompassing his every last wrinkle. "Well, not like as that I would want to flee a dear little Sweetling as yourself in any case, but perhaps you would grant me the courtesy of a less... thunderous... encounter, the next time, eh lass?"

"Of course uncle Laanders, I mean, I'll try!", giggled the girl as the elderly character gave her a hug so warm and energetic that his lone lengthy braid nearly wrapped around both of them. Getting up, Sweet provided support for the worn blue-rober to regain his footing and through a cascade of crackling spine, the man once more towered over the room.

"Alas now child, we must prepare the celebrations for our Appy. I... er, well, I wrote this little poem for her. It's about our time in the Age of Archmages, really long ago. And it's about the present too. Like, magic almost!" The man looked down at the young girl, meeting only her vigorous nodding and a beaming look of apprehensive curiousity. "Uh yeah, so it's been a while, but here goes", said the tall mage from the cold northlands, and went on in a deep booming voice...

"To my dear Appy!

There was this magette* from the lowlands,

she won all our hearts, even snowman's.

Determined and happy

she's well loved as Appy

and I surely hope we'll stay good friends."

(*feminine form of mage, what else?)

---

Happy birthday Appy, and have a good one . B)

Edited by Laanders

Summoned by the resonating voice flowing through these wondrous halls I walk for the sound, my feet padding in the empty walkways. I find myself standing before the young Sweet and wise Laanders, with little Morgane on the floor before a colored wall. “Well now if that wasn’t a powerfully drawing set of lines, then I’ve never heard any before. What have we here for there to be drawings on the walls, toys on the floors and wonderful sounds in the air? Ahh yes, this is the special day for Appy is it not? Well. I may just have something secreted around here.”

Walking over to a wall and kneeling before a portrait of an elder I mumble a few choice words and withdraw a plain wooden box from the wall. The box is no more than a hand width wide and long and half that deep, with hinge and clasp separating it halfway down. My hands quickly withdraw a small knife and beginto work on the top of the box, inscribing the name for whom this box will go to.

“I wonder if this would do, it is not much, and there is not much magic left in it, but still it hides better than the cleverest of cloaks what you wish kept hidden away. Mayhap she will like it, mayhap she will not, but it is hers to decide now.”

:) Happy birthday Appy, may it be an ever joyous one.

Edited by Petey

As he was hopping through the halls of the Pen keep, Tom Atoe's curiosity was peaked the sounds of chaos, followed by poetry. Wanting to be wherever the fun was, Tom didn't waste a second in rushing over. When he saw what was going on, he started hopping around the room excitedly, admiring the toy corner and the big drawing on the wall without ever even slowing down.

"Oooohh, a birthday party! Yay yayayayayayayayayy! When will she be here, is it going to last very long, do you think she'll have fun?"

The questions went on and on, and so did the hopping ...

OOC : Happy birthday Appy!

(yay, I'm probably the last one still on time in this timezone ;) )

Patham rushed through the corridors of the Pen, but suddenly tripped on something, which on later inspection turned out to be a pen. A bright pink coloured pen. He picked it up, intending to hand it back to its owner whenever he found who that was and hurried onwards toward the celebrations. He was already late, although this still fitted into the fashionably late category. As he reached the Cabaret Room he noticed the celebrations already happening.

"Have I missed anything?" - he asked, while he tried putting the pen down next to the other similar ones. Of course having spoken just before it, he was noticed.

"I found this in one of the corridors, I hope it wasn't missed..."

He then saw the writings on the wall, and picking back up the pink pen added.

Happy Birthday!!

OOC: Happy Birthday Appy! Hope it was/is great!

Petey's magical box trembles and tilts in its position on the table near Morgane's lolli-cake drawing. It crawls along the tabletop in tiny bumps, knocking over every small gift and half-empty cup in its path. The box pauses at the table's edge, and the lid lifts up an inch as two horns begin protruding from its depths. Morgane notices the two triangular shapes and drops her artwork for a second, letting Mr. Teddy guard the masterpiece of wallpaper confection.

"Pens...?" mutters Morgane, tapping a finger on the horns. She pauses for a moment, then grins before lifting the top off of the box. Wyvern's head pops out like the world's ugliest jack-in-the-box, his jagged teeth wide and visible in an open gasp for air.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!" Morgane grabs the lid, then begins cramming it down on Wyvern's head. "Quick, giftwrap it giftwrap it giftwrap it!"

"W-wait," cries the muffled voice of Wyvern as Venefyxatu begins tying a ribbon around the box and quadruple-knotting it. "I have Almost Dragonic Brand Spare Tree Branch Moose Antlers™ for the occasssion. Lemme ooouuuuuuuuutttttttttt."

Venefyxatu dusts his hands off and whipes some sweat from his brow before installing the final security measure: a larger box to place the magical box in. Petey's box hops from side to side and ricochets off of the interior of the big box in a directionless manner. The bumping eventually stops, at which point a low wail echoes from the bottom of the cardboard:

"Haaaappppppyyyyyy Biiiirrrrrrrtttttthhhhhdddaaaaayyyyy Aaaaaapppppppyyyyyyyyyyyy."

;-)

OOC: see above statement. ;-) Hope you had a good one.

*blush* you shouldn't have..thanks. And a special thanks to Laanders for showing up here AND the poem, and to Morgane, just for showing up. Might have a proper reply later.. might not, who knows. Birthday was relaxed and no people bugging me.. ie. the perfect thing. Good food, hubby and game's all I need on a day like that.. again, thanks guys, I don't deserve a birthday thread *says she who's refused to participate in those for long already* Edited by Appy