The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Eighteen in Litch Years?

Wyvern

"Ya never can tell." Wyvern scurries into the Cabaret Room, nodding towards the others that have gathered there as he sets a cake dotted with skull sprinkles and little enchantment incantations in chocolate ribbon. "I 'ssspose he technically turns 1 on April 26th, but the vamp years just seem more traditional to me."

The lizard grins and tacks the last of Vlad's archived Pen news headliners on the back wall, admiring the fine writing for a moment before whipping out a bag of "Almost Dragonic Brand Party Favours of the Gods™" The overgrown lizard reaches into the bag and begins handing out haunted talismans to each of the people in attendence, passing two in Anna's direction just to make sure she's fully equiped as backup. Wyvern casts one final glance towards the Archaneus altar set up in the other corner of the room, making sure that the pics of Degenero Angelus and others are still in place encircling it. He then steps to the front of the Cabaret Room and lets out a loud whistle to catch the attention of the gathered pennites.

"Now remember, when he drops in off a Minta order, we all shake the talisssmans in the air and say 'ssssurrrprrriiiiiisssssssse!'"

;-)

OOC: A Happy Birthday goes out to Vlad, and to Archnaneus as well. ^_^

Dana stretched and checked if all her body parts were still where they were supposed to be; she had been practicing teleporting all day long, and in the end the bird had still been better at it than her. She glanced at Troy who was happily popping op from place to place, and tensed as she suddenly felt an evil undertone in the manaflow. Closing her eyes she focused on the feeling, and knew that there were people in danger. After sending a quick though to the phoenix to follow her, she hurried of to see if she could offer help.

Upon arrival in the Assembly Room she skidded to a halt and glared at all the talismans. The negative energy in the air was so strong here that it started to give her a headache. Dana was just rubbing the temples of her head when Wyvern jumped up in front of her, trying to hang a talisman around her neck.

With a instinctive reaction she flicked her wrist and pushed the energy flows away from her, and by doing that also pushed the lizard through the air. The flow hit the almost dragon hard, and tumbling backwards he rolled into Mynx who was just about to congratulate Vlad and now yelped in pain as she had to use her bandaged paw to keep her balance.

Dana stumbled an apology and started summoning the talismans, but when she saw that there were simply too many she drew up a protective field around here. She shook her head to get rid of the headache, and stepped over to congratulate Vlad. Maybe in a weird way he liked this sort of energy, after all what did she know of being a lich.

OOC: Happy birthday :)

The talisman was quite strange, and Patham thought it best to practice waving it before he really had to do so. Not surprisingly nothing out of the ordinary happened. Feeling stupid Patham lowered his hand, and awaited the arrival of Vlad and Archaneus.

OOC: Happy Birthday both of you!

Earlier that day. . .

Vlad felt. . .sticky. Sweetened. Generally wrong.

The lich glared at doors and they opened for him, suppressing any squeaks from their hinges until he had turned around the next corner. He descended through the Pen Keep and paused before one of the few doors he couldn't glare open. Something scurried behind the door and swung it inward. Vlad tasted the air. It was a lesser undead--zombie--trying to keep out of sight. He smiled through the door, and the zombie cowered against the far wall.

"Zombie, shut that door! You're gonna ruin the surprise!"

Minta sat cross-legged with her back to the door and didn't bother looking up as she addressed her pet. The zombie slid along the walls until it could barely touch the door hinges and nudged the door shut. Vlad approached the little gnomie and watched her elbows weave backward and forward as she worked with the object in her lap. She would work diligently for a minute, maybe a minute and a half, before stopping and bringing the instrument up to her face. After some licking and lip-smacking, she bent her head over her project and went back to work. The lich moved, step by step, to Minta's blind side, and almost put his foot into a small saucepan filled with buttery, vividly pink frosting.

She was frosting his phylactery.

Vlad wasn't sure what he said then. Maybe it hadn't even been words, just strangled noises. In either case, Minta jumped, squeaked, and threw her cloak over the phylactery while spinning to face him. "Vlad go 'way!" she shouted, pointing at the door. "Upupup to the Cabaret Room! You're gonna ruin the surprise!" He looked over her shoulder and saw patches of wet begin to seep through the cloak and turn pink. The gnomie stamped her foot and squealed, "Hurry! Zombie, open the door!" She windmilled her arms at him, he stepped backwards to avoid being hit, and found himself on the other side of the doorway. Minta herself swung the door shut, leaving the lich glaring through the wood at the zombie, who shook its head helplessly and retreated.

Heh, thanks all of you. I usually don't have time anymore (:(), but a little birdie (;)) told me to come by and check out this thread.

Quincunx - It's uprorious.

Yea, yesterday was pretty good, extended family flew in a bit early for Thanksgiving and we all had a jolly good time.

I got an iPod Nano, which is already full with terrible (according to most of you, that is) music, and some books. I loves me books. :)

Anyways, when life slows down enough, I'll be back to tell my tale.

Edited by Vlad

A tall pale elf strides into the room. Taking a look around he wrinkles his face up in what would appear to be annoyance. "It seems in my long absence you all forgotten the proper way to worship me. The altar is a nice start, but where are the virgins? You should know better than to set up an altar without virgin sacrafices. Well, when you find some just send them along to my room. I'll... umm... prepare them, yeah, that's it." He strides from the room leaving a confused mob in his wake.

Thanks all. I haven't been around in awhile, didn't figure anyone would remember. A little bird also told me to come as well(and by little bird I of course mean Tanny ;) ). Thanks again all, see you later.