The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Confusion

Gwaihir

Gwaihir was proud of himself. This time he was going to manage to promote someone without doing anything stupid! Last time Katzaniel had advised him not to try things he was bad and this time he would follow that and everything would be perfect.

So far, the decorating had gone very smoothly because he'd hired a gnome to do it all. He’d even begun a beautiful vegetarian meal for everyone. It smelled great and without a doubt they would love it. Well, what else could go wrong--well if things were disorganized that would be bad, so he wrote a quick note and stuck it in the elder's tower "promoting him, making up the party."

Surprisingly enough someone understood and responded "Wonderful, have you checked that he should be promoted?"

Gwaihir scratched his head. Who would know? Wiggly Cabbages might but they steadfastly refused to be involved in business. Who else was around--everyone seemed busy! He tried asking the gnome, but the gnome sputtered "You are the wackiest employer i've ever had and I don't know how you imagine I would understand your problems. This is too much interuption. Leave or I quit!"

Eep! Okay, leaving that one alone. He wrote a Ozy, perhaps a loremaster would be all knowing, but when Ozymandias saw the note "do you get it?" He shook his head and threw it in the trash can.

Gwaihir shook his head and started to scream for relief until his next door neighbor pounded on the wall. "That's much too much noise for noon on a weekday!" With a squeal Gwaihir leapt out the window and landed by the roses. This was where he needed to be and dead to the world, he began to meditate.

Meanwhile, in the Cabaret room, the gnome had found a new problem. "Erm, I can't read whose name I should write on the banner. I only see where it says what colors everything should be and I have better fashion sense than to attend to those. Who's party is this anyway?"

There was, of course, no one to answer and the gnome began to growl as it began to prepare other things. However, as the commotion grew, Pennites began to enter the Cabaret room curiously. Soon there was one question on everybody’s lips “whose party is this anyway? Other common ones included “So, why’s that banner blank?” Is someone being promoted?” “Who’s organizing the food and where is it?” “Why do I smell burning from the kitchens?” and most often “Tell me this isn’t another one of Gwahir’s parties!”

Quietly a figure in black entered the scene and began to do small things (turning off the stove, putting out the fire, persuading the gnome not to quit, keeping the cook from seeing the kitchen and other minor details that should have been attended to long ago.) The gnome took a deep breath and turned to the man in black. “You, what’s your name, because you’re the only person in this party who I like!”

The man nodded graciously. “Thank you and they call me Black.”

“Well” the gnome said “that settles it!” He approached the banner and wrote in big sweeping letters “Congratulations to Black!”

OOC: Congratulations to Black. In a small but enjoyable break of protocol, he did his quill quest before he became a quill bearer, so you’ll have to search back to find it, but it’s worth a read.

Black looks around in shock...well...as much shock as a proud Vampire Lord could...and gave a goofy smile and a wave.

Black-"Thanks everyone! I'm so happy to be here!" Black didn't know what else to say as he was caught off guard, but knew he had to do something specail! Standing up on stage next to the Gnome...Black began to make a clumbsy speech. Clearing his throat...the Vampire Lord began to speak.

Black-"What can one say about something like this? I feel so honnored to accept such a gift and I want to give thanks to all those who helped getting me here. To may friends and comrades...I bow to your generosity and caring for a soul such as I. To Gwaihir I give my humble gratitude for throwing a party in my honor and...and I'm not good at speeches! Ok! Vote for me!" Black walks off stage with a goofy grin.

The Cabaret Room doors burst open as Wyvern strides into the room, his scaly snout turned towards the sky. Faint simmers of smoke trail from the lizard's nostrils as he sniffs at the air, and several of the pennites congratulating Black shift to the side as Wyv strides towards the vegetarian buffet. The reptilian Elder grabs a plate, examines it, then slaps a "120 geld" sticker onto it and stuffs it into his sack. He then begins testing each of the platters by sticking his forked tongue into them and sucking at their rims, only to be interrupted by a tap on the back.

*Ahem*

Wyvern turns around, only to find that noone is there. The lizard's eyes widen for a moment as he contemplates the possibility of tomatoe suicide bomber ghosts stemming from the soup. He then realizes that his facial position is still tilted upward, and readjusts his roving snout so that it faces the gnome in front of him.

"Excuse me, Mr...?"

"Wyvern." Wyvern pauses, then extends an avocado-stained claw to the host and grins. "But you can call me Missster Gnomish Financial Reliability, if you'd like."

"Errr. Mr. Wyvern, I'll have to ask you to refrain from eating from the party buffet until after the congratulations have been given."

Wyvern raises a brow.

"You mean it'sss a party? What're we celebrating?"

"Black has the esteemed privelege of being the only person that I like at the party this evening." The gnome strikes a dignified grin and waves in the direction of Black. "Please, do give him your best."

"Ah. Well, congrats Black." Wyvern grins and waves. The lizard then digs a claw into one of the buffet platters, and pulls out a second helping of zuchini ashes from the kitchen disaster. "Say, what do you call this black stuff anyway? S'pretty good."

;-)