The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

New Orleans and There about

Appy

I was going to post something similar here, so thank you for starting the topic Appy. I hope that no pennites have been deeply affected by the tragedy, and wanted to give condolences to any pennites who have friends or family out in New Orleans. I realize that this subject has been constantly brought up in the news and media, but still wanted to check if any Pen people have been personally affected. Hopefully, none have and this will be a short thread.

*Hugs to all affected*

My most heartfelt empthaties (yes empathies; sympathy implies pity, empathy understanding) go out to those afflicted by this tragedy.

I would like to volunteer what limited financial aid (very limited; I am rather poor) for any Pen members who have suffered terribly from the hurricane, and need whatever help they can get to piece things back together.

On that note - I'm no Elder, but I think it would be awesome if we could amass a small Pen Relief Fund for Pen members hit hard by the hurricane, built from voluntary donations from those Pen members financially able to contribute something, however small. I know for a fact that this community certainly has the heart to carry out such a project - do you all think we have the means?

To paraphase the quotation from Gwaihir/Merelas in Ayshela's signature, let us help those who have stood through the hurricane walk away, and clean their lives up again...

Edited by HappyBuddha

A Guild that the Legion is befriended to for some time now in Everquest 2 has come up with an ingenious way for their members to help.

Dark Horizon left our server some time ago to move to the Bazaar server, a place where you can buy and sell your in-game items for real world dollars. Though they haven't done much in the way of taking advantage of the system, they are truly one of the most powerful guilds on their server and have amassed quite the vault and treasury from their many, many raids.

Therefore, they've chosen to actually sell every surplus item and piece of platinum from their guild vault to donate to to the Red Cross. Considering the size of their vault and the sheer worth of the items held within, I'm guessing that these online gamers - not really any different than you or I - will be able to raise at least several thousand dollars from this effort.

Legionnaires have already begun to donate their time and even their own homes for the cause. I highly encourage others to do the same.

I yet survive. I live in a small-ish town about an hour away from New Orleans, so the storm passed rather to the east of me. Didn't get power back until Saturday night, and my interweb's not back yet,....so...Yeah....

*savagely huggles Ayshela and the Peredhil, and all else who were concerned* Thank you, thank you =) It makes me happy. =) I only know one person who lost anything, and that would be my aunt..who, living in Biloxi, lost everything...Although, as I found out (was not able to watfch TV-no power), she huged Bush on TV, so......yeah....

Yeah, still kinda lacking on the inspiration, so..I guess when I'm able to, I'll put up some art....so...

Thanks=)

Oh, and Vincent Silver's alright too. Figured I'd add that, not that he comes around any bit...

You should hear back from me once I get the interweb back at my house.

Aye, Xaious speaks the truth: I am indeed alive and I barely vist the pen anymore, the latter is more sadening than the first. But I choose to change one of those two truths as of now, and since I'm still sitting here I can only assume it's the more perferabe of the changes.

EDIT: I've obviously haven't change my typing abilities in the least.

Edited by Vincent Silver

I may be stating the obvious here, but it's definitely great to hear from you both, Xaious and Vincent. :-) Please keep us updated as to your current situations, and let us know if there's any way we can help you guys out. I'm sorry to hear about your aunt in Biloxi, Xaious, and hope that she regains her footing in the near future.

Very good to hear that you're both doing alright! :)

• 2 weeks later...