The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

WWXIX: Prom Night!

Mynx

With a giggle and a bounce, CheerMynx comes bounding into the room, waving her pompoms and acting like a right little cheerleader.

After hitting everyone in the room with a tacklehug, she finally calms down enough to leap up on a table and clear her throat theatrically

Are you guys all, like, totally ready?

It's Werewolf XIX and the theme is PROM NIGHT.

So here is the story...

She takes a more serious tone

Sunnyvale Hills High School is preparing for the biggest night in any senior's life: the Prom.

Problem is, the contestants who are in the running for the titles of Prom King and Queen are not very friendly in the way with which they play the game of politics.

The contestants will all be nominees for the title.

The wolves are the more...competitive...nominees who take their game a little too far, eliminating the competition through means of severe injury or even death.

The Seer has a brother/friend who works for the School's security system and thus has access to the security tapes.

The Baner is a tattletale - Basically if a wolf tries to attack someone under the protection, they will be stopped by the presence of a teacher or other such person due to the Baner's ratting.

A couple more rules...

No PM alliances

Because all of you are nominees you can play one of two types of stereotypes: Cheerleader or Jock. That means no Goths, no Nerds, etc. (It's harsh, yes, but this IS the Prom!)

And finally, whilst there will be two wolves, that does not mean they will be one female and one male - so no discriminary votes on "Just cos s/he is the last fe/male"

If both are female, the male roles will be taken out as the CheerWolves try to manipulate who they will be up on the podium with, vise versa for the guys...

And hey, if the wolves win, and they're the same gender, they can duke it out for the title :D

I think that covers it all.

All going to plan this Game starts next Tuesday (for me, I think that's Monday for the rest of you).

Day phase = 48 hours

Night phase = 24 hours

Any questions, you know where to find me.

Dropping the serious tone of voice, CheerMynx giggles and flips her hair

So, like, who's totally ready to play?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, I am in, *looks around for boss* I will try to actually play thistime before I get lynched.

:raven:

My name is Ricky. (Richard Earl) Blonde with deep blue eyes, well built, and of course drive a Jeep Wrangler, or the convertible Corvette that my Dad got me for my birthday.

:raven:

Edited by cryptomancer

One more thing - Whilst there are no PM alliances, that doesn't mean you can't try and make bargins in game.

Remember, boys and girls, you are Jocks and Cheerleaders, feel free to lie, cheat, backstab, steal, flirt, play, and generally have fun.

*evil grin*

I'm in...

I'm going to play Bobby Jones - one of the football team. Not too bright a spark is this lad and on the surface all he's interested in is drinking like a fish and getting with the next girl...

Despite his known vices he seems to play a decent game of football and in his defence he's not been known in the past for beating on the nerds like some of the more violent members of the team have done in the past.

Edit: (because I should've mentioned it earlier but I was in a rush to go home)

Bobby drives an early model Mustang which his parents bought him after Bobby boy wrapped his late model trans-am around a tree while out drag racing with his mates. It nearly cost him his place on the team, but somehow (probably with a lot of cash greasing the way) he managed to keep playing so as not to ruin his season.

:D

Edited by Gryphon

I'm in!

Anton Johannes, or Ton for short, is a center fielder for the high school baseball team. Not a particularly stellar player, he is, nevertheless, quite decent at his position, and a good batter. He doesn't really belong to any circle of friends, though he can fit in with most of the groups when he wishes. A twelfth grader, he has not yet decided what he's doing once he leaves school, though racing is certainly appealing to him.

Ton's got blond hair, which is generally mid length, not short, not long. About the lowest he's ever let it go is midway down his neck. He has no facial hair, and blue eyes which need no visual correction. A lanky, but strong guy, he's 6' 2" tall (1.9 meters) and weighs about 160 lb (72.5 kg).

Drives a '77 Pontiac Trans Am, black with gold trim, that has T-tops on it. She has a 400cc W72 engine, manual trannie, and is in beautiful condition. (Here is a set of excellent pictures of an example car) He hasn't modded her much, other than replacing the exhaust system, and putting in a bigger carb. He loves that girl as much as life itself, and enjoys drag racing with her.

Bull headed in competition, he gets stubborn when pushed, and will do his best to end up in front of his competitors. As long as you don't push him, he won't be pushing back.

Also, he has a great dislike for football players, believing them below his intelligence, and generally regarding them as dumb muscle. At various parties he has attended before, this bias has generally been enforced.

As of yet, he has found no girl that he believes worth dating.

Edited by Akallabeth

I'm also in. I'll edit this post later with a character.

I'll try out a female character for this one, as so far those seem to be in shorter supply.

Jennifer Marrington

A tall girl, she has long blond hair and deep blue eyes. Her friends usually call her Jenny. She likes guys who do a lot of sport. She doesn't have her own car, but she usually is in the cars of different guys being taken all around the place. She is a cheerleader for the baseball team.

Edited by Patrick Durham

OH. MY. GAWD…. Prom?!!!! Oh yeah, like TOTALLY wicked! I’m SO there, ya know, it’s like WHERE else would I be? Duh! I've GOT to get the word around that I'm availabe. I SWEAR I'm not going to be the only one there without a date. Eeeewww…there like better be some hotties lined up, cuz, for REAL I’m not like totally dishing it up for some dweeb. Girls, let’s hit the Mall. “

As you can see, Ashlee McDowell has that pathetic condition where overused words filter out all possibility for intelligent conversation. That is if she even HAS the intelligence….But for Ashlee, PROM is “the” most important event of Senior Year. Since she was 12, her mother (struggling soap actress and alcoholic) has conditioned her to believe that she can get ANYTHING she wants by relying on her appearance. Ashlee is a manipulator. She uses her “sexy” body and wealth (daddy owns his own overseas trading buisness) to gain popularity and notoriety. How does she pass each year? Let’s just say that she ‘KNOWS’ all the right people. (And by ‘knows’ I mean Biblically.)

Do her fellow cheerleader friends hate her? Of course, who wouldn’t? But if they EVER cross her, it’s the END of their position on the squad or at any of the popular lunch tables. So essentially, fear keeps her posse in check and position on the social ladder. Ashlee is clueless about anything outside of her own oblivious perspective. Is this an advantage or disadvantage? Only time, and one deadly night, will tell.

Whaaaaaat?? No nerds? Ya can't do this to me!!

Erm ... wait. You're the mod, so I guess you can do this to me :lol:

Seriously, though ... I don't want to miss the sign-up, so count me in! This one scares me a bit (and I don't have a character yet :P), but I'm sure I'm going to enjoy it :D

Dee “badaboom” McGuinnes:

Dee has always been one of the most popular girls in class. She’s the bitch of the school, and if you happen to be passed over for one of her parties, your screwed. Your social life will be down the drain, and don’t ever think of getting a boyfriend in this high school again. She uses a lot of heavy make-up, and her motto is: “The blacker the eyes the better”. This goes nicely with her sleek, black hair, which falls just upon her shoulders.

She prefers to wear leather, and has chosen for this prom night to wear a tight, black leather dress that reaches until just above her ankle, and leaves her shoulders uncovered. The stiletto heals she wears under them are not only sexy, but are also very handy to kick on the feet of one of her two faithful “puppies”.

Dee’s “puppies” are two girls that are slightly less popular than her, and stay very close to her hoping that Dee’s popularity will rub of on them. Their real names are Sheila and Angela but everybody calls them “puppy” since Dee does, and in general it’s best to do as Dee does. The "puppies" are always dressed in white, because Dee refuses to let them wear any other colour.

I can see that this is going to be a lot of fun. :D

Masculine head-butting... Feminine cat fighting... all in the worship of the gods of popularity.

Can you imagine what it'll be like once the game is in progress and everyone turns on their personality amplifiers? The allmighty clash as the very worst characteristics of the popular sect become blown all out of proportion as those with a bit of creative license get their hands on the controls?

It'll be carnage... I cant wait. ;)

This is too good to miss. I'm in.

Meredith Sanford. Her friends - a very select group - call her Mer. Cool, collected and calculating, or something like that. Meredith isn't a queen bee and she may not be the most visible, but don't underestimate her. Unlike some of her peers, she is actually semi-intelligent. Meredith relies on her sources, pathetic wannabes, for information and gossip. She uses this information to help herself, and thrives in the treacherous world of the in crowd. Meredith's not outright cruel, but if you're in her way, you'll find out just how bad highschool can be.

*grins evilly*

A nice WW break allowed me to bring back everyone's favorite dodo brained cheerleader: Tiffany Woods.

She's the very same character as seen in the previous Highschool Werewolf. But for those who'd rather not to go look for this old topic here's a resume.

Tiffany is a beautiful looking blonde cheerleader, who is as graceful as a swan when it comes to cheerleading. However, nature had graced her with the brain of a dodo. This superficial, fashion addict can been often seen drooling on the pictures of her favorite cutie actor or asking her current boyfriend to do her homeworks for her. Her stupidity knows no limits.

Only one football player??? This cannot be! http://www.themightypen.net/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif

Well, in that case...

Vincent Edward Oxford, quarterback on the football team. Good at it, but not *dazzling* has mild hopes of being scouted, but when he's not on the field (in a game or practice), his mind's more throughly focused on his stock portfolio. Fortune 500 for *this* up-and-comer (if he has anything to say about it). Detached inwardly, but a bit of glad-hander (just a bit, mind you) and "everyone's buddy" on the outside, he does these things as well as troll around for the prettiest, yet also at least fairly smart and preferbly, compassionate girl, buy nice cars, dress in his best every day, and take great care with personal grooming less becuase he truly cares about these matters in and of themselves, and mostly in the name of politics. Gotta act the winner to be one, he thinks.

Yes, this means as a general rule (to us objectice observer *players*, not characters), he's kind of boring as fellow human beings go.

The two exceptions -

1) he's a baby shark - knows "instinctively" that blood is good for him (preparation for the hotteset and most high-paying business deals, you see), but has yet to have fully honed his skills as he's is, after all, still just a high school student. He has quietly (read as: not told anyone but Dad) studied Sun Tzu's The Art of War and is also currently practicing to live and breathe it.

2) he's an alcoholic in the making - shouldn't take him longer than another year, at teh rate he's going. Interesting side effect of alcohol on him: It makes him interesting - he hides behind precious little BS when he's drunk, and is much, MUCH more honest and relaxed (read as mostly, rather than his normal mode of "once in a blue moon") when's he's blitzed out of his mind.

Think of the Fonz (at least as far as I remember him - it's been ages :P).

Now think of Gigolo Joe in the movie AI, especially his way of moving, and, why not, the way he looks..

Combine the two, and meet ... Duke Harford. As the son of a car mechanic he has inherited quite some knowledge and passion for cars, so when he's not hanging around with his friends or hunting girls he's probably taking one apart or putting one back together. The fact that he can get his hands on just about any part, exotic or not, and that he can actually install it has made him popular with the racing-oriented guys, and his smooth ways made him popular with some of the girls' clans.

Unfortunately, last week something went wrong in the garage and he broke a leg wich means that now he's walking with crutches... Never one to lose his cool, it took him about half a day to figure out the quickest and coolest way to move with them - and it reminds people vaguely of a spider or a human with three legs.

Wherever Duke is, Elliott is as well. Elliott is a rather small guy, complete with zits and huge glasses. The only reason Duke even allows Elliott near him is because he's handy to have around - he can take of Duke's coat when necessary, hold items, and does all this happily because as long as Duke considers him a friend (read : needs him) nobody else would even consider taking his lunch, beating him up, or other unpleasant activities ...

*snaps fingers and points*

Éééééééééééjjjjjj!

*quickly grabs crutches before they fall over*

Thanks to Sweetcherrie for the idea! The wheelchair would've been a bit too much :P

Edit for the same reason as Knight :

Duke drives an import car - a Mitsubishi Eclipse on which he unleashed all of his skills and resources. Even though he's the only one to drive an import, and even though at first everyone thought it to be a pile of junk (they wouldn't say it to his face, though - if you want to keep your access to the good parts, you don't laugh at the Duke), he's got a pretty good win ratio in the races. Some people would do a lot to get their hands on some of the parts in this car ...

For images of his car : see this page and look at the right column. This is the car I finished NFSU 2 with ... ahhh, the memories :)

Another important remark : Dee (Sweetcherrie) and Duke (me) are each other's date, so we're currently working on the introduction post that'll have both of them arriving. You should all get a pm concerning this post as well, probably this weekend :demon:

It might be fun if everyone else came in pairs as well?

Edited by Venefyxatu

((Shoot, I RESEMBLE THIS REMARK! I was the jock, darnit...))

Pete Reds-

Pete is a member of the football team- all state defensive captain, Linebacker, and a future in football. Perhaps the only 'nice guy' in the lot, he is friendly to most. Solidly built, tall, and reasonably handsome, he is a charming fellow, especially considering his other qualities.

....Knocking the stuffing out of people.

(EDIT: Because everyone else is doing it)

Pete drives an old Dodge Hemi-charger. It's a deep black, and faster than most vehicles in the school. His pride and joy, aside from his football career, the charger has had a lot of work put into it. It can basically outrun anything- and has, on several occassions. Just ask the police....

Edited by Knight

OK well it seems sign up is going well...

We already have 12 players and by some amazing feat, even numbers gender-wise.

Here's a table of the current nominees for the prom:

Jocks

• Richard 'Ricky' Earl - Cryptomancer
  • Bobby Jones - Gryphon
  • Anton 'Ton' Johannes - Akallabeth
  • Vincent Edward Oxford - Ozymandias the Elder
  • Duke Harford - Venefyxatu
  • Pete Reds - Knight
Cheerleaders
  • Jennifer Marrington - Patrick Durham
  • Ashlee McDowell - Zariah
  • Dee 'Badaboom' McGuinnes - Sweetcherrie
  • Meredith 'Mer' Sanford - Dragonqueen
  • Tiffany Woods - Lady Celes Crusader
  • Susan 'Sweet Sue' Lincoln- Ayshela
Signup will close in 72 hours from this post.

Game will begin between 36 and 48 hours after that.

I'll run the first phase like a normal day phase (ie 48 hours) before hitting you guys with the first NPC death

Anything else I've left out?

Don't think so...

*grins*

Tick tock...

Edited by Mynx

And I can't play.

I can't do justice to the game, can't participate as much as I'd like.

But the characters are _so_ fun, here are two more, NPC's, if you will.

Erica Swan.

You've heard of 'Mafia Princess'? This one is.

Her father is in 'Cartage' and 'import/export', and she has every oily bo hunk in school chasing after her so they can go up the chain that much quicker.

Mess with her and it would be...bad.

Her ride is a limo.

M. B. Brown

Just about every school has one, the kid bussed in for football.

M.B. is big, and bad, and hates white folks, and rich folks, and you folks.

But he is here for an education and to kick some ass.

His big dark secret is what his initials stand for.

His ride was given to him by an alumni, a tricked out Mustang, with a place for Nitrous Oxide (currently empty)

Use them, abuse them, have fun.

I'll lurk.

Thanks.

okay, my character will be Susan "Sweet Sue" Lincoln. Sue's smart, unfortunately she knows it. She holds herself back in class just enough that she doesn't get compared with any of the "icky nerds", but making herself look dumber than she knows she is frustrates her. She's very pretty, but unfortunately, she knows this too. She's very proud of her flaming red hair without in the least acknowledging the temper which goes with it. Knowing that she's smarter than most anyone around her, and *knowing* she's prettier as well };> she'll be almost unbearably sweet to your face. Just don't turn around.

Mynx wanders in, looking somewhat bedraggled, annoyed, and not all together there. She also appears to be sneezing quite a bit...

Of all the dumb *sneeze* f - ing *sneeze!* luck! *SNEEZE!*

Blech :blink:

Well guys...I know this is a few hours early...but I didn't plan on getting sick.

Very sick.

With a lot due in this week.

So...The game is proceeding...because this just looks too damn good to cancel...

But please bear with me.

I intend to run everything roughly on time but keeping regards to hausaufgabe (homework) und studiere (study) for meine Deutche Test (for my potentially mispelt German test)...Just be patient.

Having said that...

In roughly 48 hours from now...the game will begin and run for a further 48 hours before the first death.

I think that's about all...

I will PM the Special roles during the first unofficial day phase.

If you don't hear from me...you know the drill...

For now, I am going to crawl into bed and feel sorry for myself before the cruel beast called Morning drags me from my Haven.

Attempts a confident smile

Get ready guys! The Prom is, like, so Totally happening!

Ayshela tucks Mynx in with a cup of tea, a bowl of homemade chicken rice soup, a teddy bear and a warm fuzzy blankie.

Get well soon, hon. We'll wait for you, you know that.

*hugs*

Gryphon lays in a supply of industrial strength snuggles for whenever Mynx needs them and then covers her with a wing to help her keep warm

Get better soon kitten!

The game will be awesome and provide you entertaing reading for whenever you're feeling up to it I'm sure. :D