The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf XVI: Star Wolf

"This is so."

He re-doubled his efforts- and his speed. A sharp kick to the Bothan's abdomen staggered him- and then he slammed home with a blast of the force- sending the creature flying into the wall, and forcing him to lose sabre.

"I will be taking this."

With that, he drew the blade to him, and turned it off mid-flight. Also, stuffing it into his sabre's holster, he looked at the Bothan.

"Think for a moment, companion. Who amongst us lacks the intelligence, the forsight, and the skill to truly be a sith. Who alone truly should not be here- Certainly, we both belong. But even more certainly, she does not."

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Klen stood slowly, not moving from the spot.

Eyeing Rukmini, then the human male again he brushed some fur that had been seared from his face off of his sleve, as though contemplating.

"Humans, however, have a notorious liking for- what is your kind's quaint term? -fast women? The fact alone of how many of the instructors are both human, and male would seem to explain her quite ably."

Rukmini glared furiously at him, finally catching onto his implication.

"Though you do have a point," Klen sighed, still ignoring Rukmini. "Your history *is* fairly well documented. Simply had to test, you know?" he added with a grin.

"I still don't think she is of any threat, however. Which brings me, at least, right back to the beginning. This is a puzzle!

I'll keep an eye on your research, however. Should it be more fruitful than mine," Klen continued smoothly.

After a brief pause, Rukmini opened her mouth to tell this arrogant creature what she thought of him and his opinions, but Klen spoke first. "By the way," he said to Palu without a hint of menace and his bionic hand outstretched,"Saber."

(OOC:

Change of vote! Make mine Mynx, for as yet un-rp'ed reasons that I haven't thought of yet, 'cause I'm very, very tired.)

In the corridor outside Rukmini's room Reaver grins to himself amused.

More posturing, but.. more... reasoned arguement also. A timely reminder that he can never underestimate any of his fellow senior students.

He overhears Klen saying "By the way, Saber." and hurredly he draws the cloaking Force around him and vanishes down the corridor.

It is true... Palu does have an extremely well documented past. Needless to say he bears watching, never can tell when someone like that might stick a sabre in your back... however, the chances of him being Jedi are very small.

Rukmini now. There's a different story. What better guise for a Jedi in a Sith school than that of being incompetent? And she's not been here long. Perhaps she could be more than she appears?

~~~

OOC: Changing my vote to Rukmini / Sweetcherrie For the reasons stated in character.

As the other students left the meeting hall, Fxz'et caught up to Mira. She gave him a sideways glance, not sure what to make of this as Fxz'et rarely came out of his own world enough to notice the other students. Before she could ask, though, Fxz'et spoke.

"A Jedi in the Academy...seems like a rather stupid move. Especially to reveal themselves so early in the game. They'll be hunted by everyone here. And, considering what a rock Korriban is, they'll be trapped here." He paused for a moment, then, as if it had just occured to him, "Unless of course they had their own means off the planet."

"What are you talking about?" Mira asked coolly. The Verpine hardly ever spoke, and now he was babbling riddles at her.

"Hm?" Fxz'et acted startled, as if he'd barely noticed she was there. "Oh, nothing. Just thinking out loud, I suppose. Now, if you'll excuse me, I believe I left one of my mynocks in the fuel intake of Zerek's starship. He should be full by now." He then hurried off, hoping his suggestion had taken hold.

ooc: Akallabeth - Zarek Because I always wanted a ship...

Mira observes Fxz'et leaving, a slight frown on her face.

Fxz'et... babbling? What is he after... ?

Mira shakes her head, and decides to keep an eye on him. She follows Fxz'et until she's sure he's going to the hangar, her mind analysing what she knows and senses about her rivals.

Rukmini... too stupid. And too obvious a choice. Palu, who went to the Jedi Academy... again, too obvious. Would any of them use the obvious to hide a Jedi mission? On the other hand... Jethray... an angry child. Isn't that easier to play than someone so stupid as that girl?

Walking through the corridors towards the training room for some fighting, she sees Reaver Malice turning another corner. A thought occurs to her.

He's a senior student. He has been here longer, known people longer... time enough to establish his position before striking. Why not him?

OOC:A vote for Reaver Malice/Gryphon

Zarek came away from his classes in an awful mood. Who wouldn't be thinking evil thoughts after listening to those instructors for hours at a time? Angrily he moved on to the hanger, to do his (at least) daily check of his craft. He knew that it made him an object of jealously, since he was one of but a few students with their own spaceworthy craft, and one of an even smaller number with hyperspace capable ships. Not to mention that it was a fighter . . .

This made him smile. Ah, he remembered like it was yesterday the day that he stole this ship from the CorSec pools. Back then he had just removed his parents from this plane of existance, a refreshing change. Unfortunately, this made him a wanted man, and he knew he would never escape if he didn't get off Corellia soon. Even his growing powers as a student of the dark side would not do much good against Corellian Security if he didn't get away soon. Through a strange series of events, which he knew must have been guided by the force, he got inside the ship pool, and managed to find this grey modified Sith fighter amongst the many green and white vessels. Obviously it had been a captured craft, probably an officer's, since it had been modified to carry a hyperdrive. Eluding pursuit from the planet hadn't been too hard, as there was little that could match up with this little girl. Since finding this little demon of his, he had not placed anything above caring for her. And when he decided to leave this place, he'd need her.

All the more reason to care for her. As he came into the hanger, he saw that the Verpine, Fxz'et, was just leaving, and it looked like he had been by his ship. And. . . what was that he was carrying? A Mynock!?! The filthy bug! Blinded by rage, and with the Force coursing through him in a great flood, he ran at Fxz'et, and stopped only when he saw that the insect had noticed his approach.

"Don't you get near my ship again, you piece of dung! And keep your space rat away from it too!" Zarek yelled.

(OOC - Vote for Fxz'et/Kasmandre. I don't like people hurting my ship.)

EDIT- Ship anachronism, slight additions)

Edited by Akallabeth

Bzzzzzzzzzziou, bzew!

Lightsabres crack together and apart, back and forth between Palu and Jethay. Palu runs backwards a few steps, then lunges towards Jethay, his lightsabre going right by Jethay's defense into his chest. He falls to the groud dead, and all the students gather around him.

“Well, that finishes that,” says Palu, “now, i'll take my kill to the headmaster, and we'll see about that promotion.” Palu proceeds to do just that. The headmaster turns and looks at Palu enters his private study.

“What is it?” He asks.

“I bought you the head of the Jedi, Lord.”

“A good murder, apprentice, but not the murder of a Jedi Knight. I still feel the disturbance I felt before. Find them, or don't come back to me.”

OOC: Jethay/Mynx was as innocent as a Sith Apprentice can get, better luck next time. Wolves, Baner, and Seer, need your PMs. You have 24 hours.

Edited by Degenero Angelus

Fxz'et stalked back to his quarters, considering the lightsaber duel he'd just witnessed. Normally, something like that would have been forgotten as soon as he'd seen it. He had no skill with a lightsaber and no appreciation for those with that skill. If you had to hit the other guy with coherent light, you'd seriously screwed up somewhere earlier in your planning. But this one stuck with him for some reason.

Probably because it wouldn't be the last over the next several days. Fxz'et had no illusions that all the students would be doing detective work looking for Jedi. Most of them would probably just take the opportunity to get rid of their least favorite people. Fxz'et knew he would.

As he entered his quarters, he sent out a command through the Force. All around the room, droids and machines that had been gearing up to kill whatever came through the door immediately deactivated. Another benefit of Fxz'et's rare force skills with mechanical things. The last student to try sneaking into his quarters wound up in three-centimeter cubes.

Sitting down at a worktable cluttered with parts scavenged and stolen from throughout the academy, Fxz'et pulled out his new lightsaber. Now nearly complete, it looked no different than any other lightsaber, although a little shorter than most. Also, it appeared to be attached to a wristband.

After a few final modifications, Fxz'et closed the access plate and strapped the lightsaber to his wrist. He hit the activation plate on the wristband and the lightsaber sprang to life. Strapped to his wrist, it looked more like a great red claw extending out of his arm than a sword. Also, it didn't glow passively like other lightsabers. The blade flashed and flickered, emitting horrible screeching noises. The mynocks tethered in the corner screamed in pain at the ear-splitting noise. Fxz'et smiled. He may be among the worst lightsaber fighters in the academy, but with this blade, his opponent would be fighting the sound and light of his weapon more than he'd be fighting Fxz'et.

Deactivating his new lightsaber, Fxz'et pulled his mag-armor to the center of the workspace. Although armor that crushed the user certainly had uses, he would need armor that worked properly if he was to crush his foes.

Rukmini had never had the delight to see somebody getting murdered.

She had retreated in her room, and was now savouring the feelings and images she had experienced at the sight of the dead Jethay.

After she had carefully stored away the memories for later use, she focused her thoughts on the task ahead of her; she had still to prove that she was the most promising student in the academy.

That stupid Palu didn’t stand a chance, he had slaughtered a Sith. And although it had been a most pleasant murder, he had still slaughtered the wrong person, and had shown great misjudgement by doing this.

Then there was Klen, who had insulted her greatly, by suggesting that she had been admitted into the academy by looks, instead of skill. Sure she was gorgeous and breathtaking, this didn’t mean that she was stupid though. Come to think of it, Klen was too stupid to form any threat to her.

What she really needed was some more information. Who could she use for this?

Mira? She shook her head; she didn’t want to risk that, yet. Plus, she knew she’d stand a better chance with a male. Reaver maybe? Yes, he would be a good choice.

Unconsciously she gathered the force around her and turned on a charm attack that would make any man weak. Her mirror hopped from her purse, and she checked her face in it. Happy with what she saw she went to look for Reaver.

Back at his favorite spot in the training grounds, Palu went over the combat once more. The final, bloody moment when he had ended Jethay's life was, as always, exhilirating.

Still, he would need to be on top of things for the days to come. Certainly the other students had no great 'love' for him, and as such, he would have to keep an eye out both physically... and through the force.

Pretending to actually train against the incoming bolts, he flicked them away with precision, and ease.

He stopped the program to sense something- Rukmini.... Reading her like an open book...

Well, Reaver is in for a.... good time...

He snorted.

Reaver stood, eyes closed in the training room waiting for the program to start and glorious combat to begin. Allowing himself a moments contemplation he considers the events of the day with a savage smile... the death of one of the junior students - no loss there - one less person to become a rival in time.

Reaver reaches out with the force to sence when the first attacker is coming and catches something else... a massive dose of sensuality coming from... Rukmini?

Moments later that is forgotten as the first attacker comes out. His practice sabre set to be lethal to humans - no point in training half way after all.

Whirling with a savage strike Reaver dismembers the first man and the fight begins in earnest. Spin, strike, duck, thrust...

Reaver sences someone about to attack his back and he spins and rips the mans head off with a gesture and the force. A flick of the wrist sends the gory relic to collide with another attacker who is knocked over backwards as he approaches. Reaver grins as the combat intensifies. He reaches out and crushes the head of one of the attackers, before calling it's sabre to his spare hand and attacking those remaining without mercy, cutting them down as the smarter ones realise they are outmatched and try to flee.

Moments later it is all over, Reaver stands, barely breathing heavily, a thin layer of sweat over his tatooed, scarred body. Once more he looks at himself, remembering... each one tells a tale of success.

This type of combat just is no challenge any more, he'd hoped that taking the tougher prisoners, the murders and convicts - all the scum that the academy could lay it's hands on might make it a bit harder, but no...

The force has not seen fit to reveal to any of those in the academy who the enemy is, but maybe just for a change of pace Reaver could use it to kill off a few of his rivals... Maybe with luck one of them will be worth a promotion, certainly it'd offer more combat challenge than this scum.

~~~

OOC: Needed to edit this because apparantly we dont train vs droids... d'oh

Edited by Gryphon

When Zarek hears the news of Palu's killing of Jethray, it did not suprise him one bit. Of course there would be many glory hounds trying to gain the attention of the leaders of the school . . . too bad he hadn't knocked off one of the non-humans instead. . . Bah! Their time would come. The hairball, the insect, and squiddy would get their turns eventually. Zarek would see to that.

As he walks through the halls, back to his ship (he checks it at least two to three times a day since the incident with the bug and his space rat) he sees Rukmini going through the halls, apparently set on a quest of some sort. He senses a tremendous wave of emotion washing out from her. It nearly forms words in his mind . . Love me, Love me as she passes by, apparently set on some other . . . Reaver, perhaps? She certainly looks good, though Zarek doesn't know if it's any more than just looks. She seems merely skin deep to him, trying to win over any man she can. If so, she is certainly not his type anyway.

Continuing to the bay, he decides it's a nice day for a flight. Going over to his locker, he feels inside first, before opening it, to check that his gear has not been tampered with. He pulls it out and suits up, then grabs a couple of tanks of air, and does a quick check on his craft. Getting inside, he powers up, running a systems check. Twin ion engines green, both lasers green -- you never knew when an enemy might set an ambush -- and all other systems satisfactory. As others get clear, he fires up the engines, and they reward him with a heavenly scream. Goosing the power, he jumps out from the hanger, and goes skimming above the planet of Korriban. Luxuriating in the feeling of flight, he feels far more home than he ever has on the ground.

“AAAAAHHHH”

The scream echoes through the halls of the Academy, startling all the students and teachers. All but one of them. As everyone rushes to the source of the scream, they see Mira laying dead on the ground in a pool of blood.

Fzx'et looks at the body and says, “There are no marks from either a lightsabre or from blaster scorching, the wound was definitely made by a standard blade.”

“That means she could have been killed by anyone with access to the armory,” states the Headmaster, “which means anyone. She was one of our best students, too, it's a shame to see her go. Although, if you can't protect yourself from a Jedi, you have no right to call yourself a Sith.”

OOC: The Jedi have struck! Tanuchan/Mira was a villager. Day phase begins, you have 24 hours. I decided to end the Night a bit early, because there was no reaosn to let it drag :) Day will end at 5 pm, as it's supposed too.

Edited by Degenero Angelus

Having rushed to the scene... Palu looked over the crowd now assembled.. who amongst us.... Who indeed....

His mind quickly began to run through those who were the likely suspects. His eyes darted from face to face, picking them out as rapidly as he could. It was well that Mira was gone- the scum could not defend herself from a Jedi with a standard blade. How pathetic....

Still- which amongst the students would wield a standard blade? Rukmini was a likely suspect, perhaps- she was all body, and no skill. What of Reaver? Reaver rejoiced in the use of lightsabre- it would not be too far a stretch. Perhaps Klen? No, Klen was more likely to use the force- something with more finesse was more in keeping with a Bothan. Fzx'et? Perhaps. The... thing, was terrible indeed with a lightsabre... And then there was Zarek, one of the few other students with a ship- and more interested in flying, than anything else...

Decisions, decisions.... Very curious indeed. Palu shrugged, left the scene of the 'crime' and headed back to the cafeteria. Better to think with food available...

((OOC: No accusation, yet.))

First Jethay, now Mira. Klen wondered idly if this was the emergence of a pattern, but put the thought aside, waiting to revisit it until he had more proof.

There was at least one definite indicator amongst the notables in the academy he knew for certain- hiding in plain sight remained a worthy stealth tactic.

He pondered this as he barreled through his opponents as they sparred- as usual, three on one (with a careful dose of attempting to backstab one another as well).

His fur flattened in pain as he took a force pike to the hip- and damn it, of course he'd had to take the hit on his uninjured leg.

(OOC: Vote for Sweetcherrie!)

Rukmini thought about what had happened, first Jethay, and now that arrogant Mira. She felt as if she had been given gifts, and it wasn’t even Christmas.

That there were foul Jedi in their midst wasn’t too nice of a thought, but they would get what they deserved, preferably by her hands.

She chuckled, the fact that they had decided to kill that irritant Mira though, that was a bonus she had never expected. She only wished they had taken more time, so the bitch would have suffered longer.

Oh how good would it be, if it would be her that found the Jedi responsible for the recent deaths. She could already hear the voice of Darth Salakin saying that she was the most promising one.

Now, who amongst them could have done this? She decided to try and use the force to see who it had been.

She focused and for once, her thoughts were not disturbed, but helped by her idleness. The fact that she was so eager to see herself being chosen the most promising, gave her the power and concentration she would normally not have.

Images started appearing in her head. Images from Reaver, his body filled with scars. The images disappeared, she could not hold on them any longer.

Proud about that it had worked she thought about what she had seen.

Reaver seemed to fit in the academy, on the other hand this Reaver always used trainings programs, and didn’t interact much with others. It almost seemed as if he didn’t want to be around them, as if he felt disgusted by them. And it didn’t feel like the normal disgust, it felt as if he was disgusted by the fact that he was surrounded by Sith.

OOC: I accuse Gryphon - Reaver Malice

"Rukmini"

Reaver snarled the name through clenched teeth.

To think he'd thought her harmless, what with her vapid looks and apparantly no mastery of the Force, how wrong he'd been.

First she tries to ensnare him with some kind of mind attack with the full power of the force behind it, then he finds out she's spreading rumors about him being the Jedi.

Interesting though... particularly that Force charm ability - that's new, and worrying. Not to mention a useful ability for a Jedi trying to gain access to a Sith academy. Imagine the ability to make someone like you... a useful ability for a first year student to have indeed. And it's easy enough to fake having no other abilities so as to not betray yourself.

~~~

OOC: I accuse Rukmini / Sweetcherrie.

Palu suddenly decided that he had had enough. He thought he recognized the handiwork for sure, and following his hunch, drew his lightsabre, and carefully proceeded his way towards his suspect.

Sensing someone was trying to beat him out- he re-doubled his efforts, and moved stealthily, lightsabre not on just yet, but at the ready.

He came around the corner, and found who he was looking for.

Reaver.

His lightsabre crackled on- and he smirked.

"Hello, Jedi."

((OOC: Vote for Gryphon/Reaver))

Reaver looks at Palu, coldness in his eyes.

"Who are you to be calling me Jedi? I know your past Palu, and I begin to wonder if you've not turned as much away from your Jedi heritage as you claim you have..."

"After all, if you're not Jedi, then you've certainly been doing the Jedi's work for them."

Palu looks almost surprised at the accusation and starts to point out that he could not very well have fooled Revan and Reaver cuts him off.

"Save it for the others Jedi", the mockery and scorn in his voice unmistakable, "we all know the way they work - 'turn away from the dark side' - well... maybe you have. Now get out of my way, or I'll cut you down... and I think you'll not find me so easy to defeat as you did Klen."

It is a measure of his combat confidence that Reaver doesn't even bother to take up his own lightsabre in response to Palu's threat.

"Nor will I be so easy as you think."

With that, he grinned, relishing in the challenge, slipping into fighting position. The two stared at each other, and quickly began to swing away at one another, lightsabres crackling through the air in rapid succession- a flurry of blows rained in at one another, countered by the other, as were the various force attacks that either used.

Left, right right, up, left, down, feint, left....

It was as if the two were busily locked in a presentation on sword play...

Lightsabers flash and hiss as Palu and Reaver strike at each other. Ducking, parrying and spinning. Blows directed through the force are sometimes deflected, sometimes not, but both keep on fighting, superb fighting skills letting them keep their mind on the battle despite distractions.

Reaver becomes aware of Palu almost on a subconsious level through his connection to the force and he feels sure that Palu sences it also as both struggle for an opening, any advantage will do.

A flicker in the force is all the warning, as both fighters spin a perfectly timed half circle, simultaneously cutting the air with their lightsabers. There are two clatters as each fighter cuts from the air the vibroblade that was aimed at him by an unknown assailiant.

Both Reaver and Palu maintain their stance, neither one willing to turn away long enough to try and detect who threw the weapons. Baring his teeth in a snarl Reaver risks a quick glance to the end of the corridor, saved from needing to defend himself only because Palu is doing the same. With a silent curse that he missed the opportunity to attack both are suprised to see Rukmini come walking around the corner.

She stops, suprised to find both combaticants actually looking at her. Reaver spits a curse, unwilling to take on two opponents at one time, even ones so poorly trained as Rukmini, when the other one of them is Palu.

"This isn't over Jedi", Reaver snarles at Palu as a group of other students round the corner drawn by the sounds of combat. Judging the risk of being attacked while distracted by Palu as too high Reaver spins and turning off his lightsaber vanishes into the crowd of students.

"When we next meet... Jedi.. you will die."

Fxz'et stood for a moment, looking down the corridor to where Palu and Reaver had just fought to a standstill. Either of them could have brought down Mira and both were a threat. Even if he managed to finish his mag-armor before whichever one of them was a Jedi decided to kill him (which wouldn't be long if they were half-way intelligent), he wasn't too confident about the armor's ability to deflect a solid blade. He'd made it with blocking lightsabers and blaster bolts, not blades and clubs. They'd both have to die, and if they killed each other, all the better.

Anyone could kill them, for all I care, just so long as I don't have to go against them...a few words whispered in the right ears should do well enough. "After all," he muttered to himself, "'Reaver Malice' is playing things up a bit. Might as well wear a name tag saying, 'No, really, I am a Sith!'"

ooc: j'accuse Gryphon/Reaver Malice