The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf XVI: Star Wolf

The Sith fighter comes quickly into the hanger, and just as suddenly slows down, before coming to a gentle rest on the hanger floor. Hopping out, he sees that there are several students talking amongst themselves. He feels fear in the air, and eats in up voraciously, not particularly paying attention to what sort of fear it is. Obviously they are respecting his incredible piloting skills, and are in fear of his little lady (starfighter, that is). Strutting over, he takes off his helmet, only to finally notice that they are not paying attention to him. Before going into a fit of rage over this lack of respect, he listens, and feels with the force. While they certainly are fearing for their lives, he is not the object of their fear. A Jedi amongst the students? Mira dead?

This mildly shocks Zarek. After all, with all the rumors that floating around about what she did to Rukmini, why wouldn't Rukmini kill her? That Mira was incompetent enough to let here Rukmini get close enough to kill her was the only suprise.

(OOC: I accuse Sweetcherrie/Rukmini)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rukmini is sitting in her room brushing her hair as she feels something approach the doorway. She stands up and walks over to it as the entity knocks softly. The door slides open, and blaster fire fills the room, many of them hitting Rukmini directly in the chest. She screams as the first bolt hits her and crumples to the ground. Soft laughter comes from the smoke, and the killer walks off.

The students and the staff huddle around the body, all but Klen. He's relaxing against the wall, laughing.

“I bet you're all glad I killed that Jedi for you, aren't you? I'm ready for my reward.”

“There shall be no reward,” said the Headmaster, “for the slaughter of your classmates. None above normal, anyways. However, this was a very special case. Rukmini, as very few of you know, was admitted to the academy because of her rare ability to be in multiple places at once. If anyone could have protected us from the Jedi, it would be her.”

OOC: Good job, guys, you got the Baner. Rukmini/Sweetcherrie is dead. Good luck next time. Seer, wolves, I need your PMs, you have 24 hours. Have a nice night :)

"Well now... That is an interesting turn of events.. And it's hardly as if we need protection from... Jedi.."

Still suspicious of Reaver- especially after the implication of Rukmini as the guilty party behind all of this, Palu decided to watch and wait, and see what would occur. He headed back to the trianing grounds, and began to engage targets with a renewed fervor.

He would need to be on his best game, for this..

Zarek sits in the back of one of the boring lecture classes, with a growing headache from the professer's droning and . . . something else. Try as he might, he cannot shake the thought that he is responsible for Rukmini's death.

He sighs, while trying not to give off any other visible sign of his pain and thoughts. As the class ends, he walks out, and heads over to the hanger, to clean down his ship. Taking out some of the cleaning fluid, he goes over the entire surface. First washing down the front viewport, he then proceeds to cleaning off the laser heads, and then around the ion engine exhaust, using a stronger cleaner to tke off some of the baked on crud. Taking care of the wings next, he powers up the craft, actuating the wing sets, so that he might better clean the areas between where the wings join.

Several hours later, a sweaty Zarek stands up. One side down. Starting over to the other side and it's two wings, he sees Klen walk by in the hall. The Bothan appears to still be gloating over his killing Rukmini, though she was evidently the most talented amongst them. Why that arrogent, inhuman nerfherder! It was not even as if he had made a particularly magnificent kill. The simplest droid could be made to fire a blaster at the opening of a door! Snarling, he throws the cleaning pad he is using down and yet again nearly takes off after the creature with his most cared for, and yet unused, hydrospanner. Yet again, he stops himself before he has gone far. This is not yet the time. He feels this in the Force. The aliens will have their time eventually.

Turning back, and with his headache still not abated, he looks over the craft. Half clean, the one side nearly glows a dark grey. The other side is far more dull, and will certainly appear better once he has it cleaned. The ends of the wings come at him, pointed and deadly, with the stinging lasers on the very tips. The semi-pointed cockpit stared at him, dully glowing with a red light from the instruments on inside. The actuating portions of the wings slanted inwards, continuing the slope of the main wings up to just outside the width of the cockpit.

'She is certainly beautiful,' he thought. With a slight start, he realized that his craft had never actually been named. She needed a beautiful name, a worthy name. A dangerous name.

He laughed coldly. He knew her name, the name of his quick and beautiful fighter, nearly quick enough to be more than one place at once. Rukmini. Klen would never forget this, and Zarek was more than happy to make sure he never had the chance. Rukmini she would be.

Zarek went to the uncleaned side, his headache lessening. A couple of hours later, it glowed as darkly as the other side. 'Certainly Rukmini is the perfect Sith fighter,' Zarek thought. Just after he had finished disposing of the cleaner, he saw movement out of the corner of his eye over by Rukmini. Reaching out with the Force, he felt Fxz'et moving away from his craft, satisfied about something, and on Rukmini . . . another space rat! Grasping it with the force, he held the mynock tightly before it managed to do any damage to his girl. Slowly pulling the sucker mouthed thing away from her, he then took the revolting, leathery thing to the back of the craft, bound it tightly in some chord, and placed it in the ion exhaust. Positively boiling over with glee and revenge, he suited up, and took his seat in the craft's cockpit. With intense pleasure, he powered up, feeling the terrified mammal's alarm. Just as Fxz'et came back in to pick up his sucker faced friend, Zarek goosed the engines, shooting the charred remains of the mynock out the back and across the hanger. As he sped away with Rukmini, Zarek felt deep contentment come over him, and was glad to not be alone. Together, he and his Rukmini spent much of the remainder of the night cruising over the wastelands of Korriban.

Fxz'et looked down at the charred remains of his mynock. On the one hand, it was annoying that Zarek was interfering with his tests. On the other hand, knowing that his mag-armor couldn't withstand being run through an ion engine was somewhat valuable information. Not too valuable, though. Fxz'et crouched down, turning over the blackened chunks of meat with one finger until he found a similarly mangled piece of electronic equipment. Apparently, when Zarek was putting it in the intake he hadn't noticed the mag-armor generator. Which meant it had been on the whole time. And that meant that the mynock had survived about ten times as long as the previous one. Feeding off the energy from Zarek's ship had kept the armor from imploding the mynock. So, as long as Fxz'et drew power from the Force, he wouldn't have to worry about the armor crushing him.

Pleased with having another creation finished, Fxz'et briefly considered fusing Zarek's landing gear shut just to teach him a lesson, then decided that having charred mynock caked on his exhaust valves was punishment enough. For now.

A loud crash is heard, one that echoes over all of Korriban, right before dawn, startling many of the students and faculty out of their beds. It takes more than an hour to find the crash site, in the middle of the Valley of the Dark Lords. Laying in the center of the wreck is a still breathing – barely – Zarek. Reaver runs toward himjust in time to hear him say....

“... the force” right before his last breath leaves his body.

OOC: Zarek/Akallabeth was a villager. Congrats, wolves. It's day pahse, you have 24 hours.

Edited by Degenero Angelus

Fxz'et looks down at the smoldering wreck of Zarek's ship. He really didn't care that Zarek was dead, he'd never liked him much, but it was a shame that Zarek's ship had been destroyed in the crash. Fxz'et wished the Jedi who killed Zarek could have chosen another time to off him.

Ah well, he thought, I guess I'll just have to take comfort in the fact that he suffered horribly. Passing a knot of students as he leaves the crash site he says, "It's a good thing Reaver got to Zarek quick enough to hear his last words. Of course, we do only have Reaver's word for it, but that should be enough..."

ooc: accuse Gryphon/Reaver

"It is curious to note that you would find him first.... Jedi..."

Palu said to Reaver, when he finally came face to face with him, some time afterwards. Lightsabre drawn in case of any.... incidents, Palu kept a close guard over the other student, very carefully keeping an eye on him. Completely at the ready, and sensing out through the force to make sure any duel would go uninterrupted, Palu kept his eyes open, all the same.

"While he was a pompous xenophobic fool, it was far less intelligent to wreck a ship... Unless of course, you were trying to sabotage the order, and cast blame upon Fxz'et. However..... You forgot something. He wanted the ship for his own; not to destroy it."

((OOC: Accusation against Gryphon/Reaver))

"Like I care about the death of Zarek. He was nothing more to me than a potential rival for the promotion still on offer. I'd love to lay claim to his death but sabotage and blowing up of ships is more Klen's style than mine... oh, but that was never proven was it?"

Reaver's eyes narrow, "If I were going to arrange someone's death, believe me, it'd be yours...", his eyes flick briefly to Palu's lightsaber and back, "definitely yours... As little as I care for Zarek, were it up to me I'd trade his death for your own in an instant."

~~~

OOC: supposed to be working, will post more activly in character later. Sorry if it causes any delays.

The latest events were stirring that Reaver Malice was among the suspects. While doubtful, Que-essa rather gather her thoughts in clarity before sending a potential ally such as Rukmini in early demise.

- How many of us must be slained before we uncover the spies? We near clear answer instead to shine over this dark riddle.

She cracks all of her bones, preparing herself for the next duel.

- My sword shall tear into the truth.

(OOC: No accusation yet.)

Reaver continues to circle Palu carefully, alert for any sign of impending attack and very much aware of the eyes of the other students on them.

"Believe me Jedi, if I were your hunter in the night going around killing off the other students, you'd have been right up the top of my list. Yet here you are, somehow managing to survive all this time... pitty."

"As you pointed out, Zarek was xenophobic... perhaps one of the non-human students decided it was time to be rid of him?"

"As if you would actually have been capable of eliminating me. I would have sensed you coming a mile away. You are after all, clumsy, noisy, and a lout.

Yes, he was xenophobic. And perhaps one of the others did it? But you see, I don't think so. I think you are beginning to get paranoid- beginning to try to cast all suspicion away from yourself. And why would Fx'zet or Klen have killed the others.. certainly, that would be what someone who were trying to cast the suspicion elsewhere would have us believe, is it not, Jedi?"

The two circled each other, lightsabres flickering on, as they paced about, back and forth, wearily glancing at each other, waiting for the other to make the first move, any move at all....

"Oh no, were you not listening? I'd gladly have killed them all myself, but I'd have done it blade to blade with a lightsaber. Not sneaking around, blasters, vibroblades, ships blowing up. And if it were up to me - you'd be among the dead. I rejoice in every one of the deaths as the death of a rival to my own power, but were I eliminating rivals I'd certainly not have left you alone."

Reaver's eyes narrow.

"Your own continued survival actually suprises me. Why are you still alive... Jedi?"

~~~

OOC: I accuse Palu / Knight.

The animosity between Palu and Reaver reached to a point that both lightsabers finally clashes between them. The battle was fierced and both constantly used the force to throw objects at each others.

Palu manages to throw an objet that hits Reaver's head. While the wounded one tries to stand up, Palu decapitated him without mercy. However, Reaver's body dissapear like many Jedi's does when he dies, at least that's what they have been told.

- It appears that Palu finally found one Jedi. Let's check what he had on him.

Que-essa loots what remains of Reaver's clothing and found a badly burned out paper. The writing seems to be some sort of coding.

- He was definatly one of the spies. It even have their symbol right here.

The human Sith tosses it in disgust. She then decides to practice her lightsaber rituals in order to cleanse herself from touching the Jedi's remains.

Odd, it seems indeed to Klen for a Jedi to have been so...ruthless. However, when in the gundark's den...what else to do? There would have been no running for him, not if he were to accomplish his mission. Whatever it was.

He continues his religious regimen of chin-ups in his quarters, pondering heavily. How to discover a liar in a web of lies?

"Odd that Que-Essa would search the jedi's possessions before I myself had a chance to.. odd indeed.."

Palu shrugged, paying it little heed for the time being, too busy being exhilirated in the fact that he was correct, this time. He wondered what the head master thought; and supposed that he would find out in due time...

Edited by Knight

The students wake after a restful night of sleep to find Palu dead in the main hall, Reaver's lightsabre sticking from his chest, and the word “Vengence” scrawaled on the wall.

OOC: Sorry guys, still really sick. Palu/Knight was the Seer. It's day time, you have 24 hours.

Fxz'et watched as the Republic soldiers swarmed in, three dozen fighting men armed with blaster rifles and pistols, all aimed directly at him. He thumbed on the control for his mag-armor and activated his lightsaber. He could feel the magnetic field pressing inward at him even as the soldiers opened fire. As the first bolts bounced harmlessly off his armor and lightsaber blade, he grasped the Force, pulling it into him. In his mind, he was a spinning dynamo of power, an invincible juggernaut, wrath incarnate. He looked out at the hate-filled faces of the captured soldiers, given weapons and a target for the first time in weeks. Fxz'et focused his hatred at them. To him, half seemed to be wearing Klen's face, the other half, Que'essa's.

He plunged inward, tearing into his helpless foes. He barely noticed the carnage he wreaked. All his attention was on the dilemma that was tearing at him inside.

Which one? I'll only have one chance. The woman or the Bothan? If I chose wrong, I'll be dead and there'll be none to challenge the Jedi. Which one? Klen? Que'essa? Which?

Fxz'et came out of his own thoughts just enough to notice that all but one of the soldiers was lying dead on the ground, all of them ruthlessly mangled and most of their weapons destroyed with the Force. The last soldier dropped his own rifle, now little more than a mangled chunk of plassteel and, fumbling, pulled a cylinder off his belt. After a few vain attempts, he managed to activate the lightsaber Fxz'et had had given him. Reaver's lightsaber. A Jedi lightsaber.

It was the space of seconds to destroy the pathetic creature as it was even clumsier with the blade than Fxz'et was. Fxz'et stared down at the corpse of his last foe. Like all the others, he saw the face of one of his fellow students on it. He'd received an answer through the Force, through his rage. He knew who the Jedi was.

Fxz'et left to go kill them.

ooc: not nearly as sure of the Jedi as my character is. Will post again before deadline.

Even my careful analysis has gotten me little else than what is in front of me.

Palu is dead. His natural diplomacy marked him, but it seems he was but a darkling with a silver tounge... Jethay was a stock-in-trade character for a spy to play, yet he was, lamentably, exactly what he seemed... Rukmini's vapidity too, fairly shrieked of secrets within secrets, especially in this place where only the strong survive, but again, she was, indeed in the unfortunate way, not what *she* seemed... So many times has the obvious overshadowed the more subtle danger.

So, being left with small, unassuming, Fx'zet, he who seems to shy away from saber, or any combat for that matter, like an herbivore from fresh meat...how he never associates with the other students...and finally, how fine, delicate, and balanced control he wields over the force and himself...

I must reject this final wild goose chase if I am to survive.

With a soft grunt, Klen drops to his feet, still sweating from his workout. Wasting no time in changing into clean clothes, or even cleaning himself, he strides forward, calling his lightsaber into his right hand- so that he may feel that carnage and destruction all that much more.

Proceeding quickly down the hall, Klen throws on a burst of unnatural speed as he closes in on his target, handily outpacing projectiles and blaster bolts, lashing out with raw force energy that sends all passerbys in his way flying.

He narrows his thoughts down to a mantra in preparation for the coming battle.

My fury has burned clear the path to my foe...I cannot be stopped...My fury has burned clear the path to my foe...I cannot be stopped...

(OOC: A vote for Lady Celes Crusader!)

Que-essa eyes Klen who obviously decides to attack her. She is no fool an stares at her potential challenger, ready. She feels his rages but she senses some fear within his heart; she'll exploit this weakness.

- Come Klen, I know that I am the target of your fury. Come, unleash this anger of yours.

(OOC: A vote against Ozymandias/Klen)

Eyes widening at the sight of his prey, the Bothan abruptly drops into normal speed, skidding to a skier's halt on the durasteel plating floors.

Que-essa barely has time to raise her eyebrows in alarm as she sees the air itself ripple around Klen in the split second it takes the wave of pure, tactile hatred to form and rush toward her. He screams incoherently. It reaches a crescendo that witnesses' eardrums threaten to burst under. It sounds almost as if his vocal cords are shredding themselves under his effort to give voice to his own black passions. The wave fills the corridor, enveloping all in its' path. There is no escape.

The tatooed woman grimaces in pain, throwing an arm up to shield her face as her skin begins to blister, and more flammable portions of her clothing to sear and smoke. The air for meters of hallway is tinged the faintest red.

Scant seconds later, the otherwordly assault ends and Klen screams no longer. Que-essa slowly straightens, hair and clothing criscossed by black burns, each still smoking faintly. Angry pink and red welts and blisters raise across nearly all of her exposed skin, even as she lowers her arm to glower at her would-be assassin.

Klen, to her gratification pants heavily, sweat dripping from him so profusely that it rolls out of even his thick fur. He is seemingly bent over from the effort of his strange attack, staring at her in turn, a feral look in his eyes.

"Is that all you have up your sleeve?", she laughs quietly. "Too bad. It will not be much of a fight once you have seen mine." With that, she ignites her own lightsaber with a snap-hiss, and rushes at him.

Klen straightens with a renewed vigor, though his breathing is still ragged. Silently he charges in response, teeth bared, lightsaber in his right hand, left fist balled. Both combatants begin to blur as they gather more and more impossible speed.

Fxz'et arrived to see Klen and Que-essa in the middle of a heated lightsaber duel. Briefly, he considers letting the two finish this on their own, but then he would have little control over how it actually ended. And also, two on one is always entertaining. He activated his lightsaber and dived into the fray. Que-essa had only a moment to react to this new threat, but did so admirably, fighting off both Klen's and Fxz'et's blows. But now she was on the defensive and it was only a matter of time...

ooc: vote for Celes/Que-essa

Between the two of them Klen and Fxz'et managed to for4ce Que-essa back farther and farther with each blow. After a few minutes she ends up with her back against a door and both of them advancing on her. Suddenly, a sabre appears and cuts through the door, straight through Que-essa's spine. She slumps to the ground in a pile, and the door opens, revealing the Headmaster.

Darth Salakin looks up form the pile of Que-essa at the two remaining Sith apprentices.

"Very good, my aqpprentices, but she was not a Jedi. For that matter, neither was Reaver. No one in my academy was. You did a very good job of both eliminating your rivals and of surviving. There's only one small problem."

Both students look at him and, at the same time, say "What's the problem?"

The headmaster smiles. "There can only be one Sith apprentice promoted."

As he finishes speaking the two students look at each other, and their lightsabres flicker on.

OOC: Good game, Villagers win. Sorry for my lack of activity at the end, honestly. I'm a horrible person :P