The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf XVI: Star Wolf

Welcome, one and all. You know the rules, here are the players. There shall be 2 wolves, a baner, and a seer. Phases are 24 hours. Absolutely no exceptions will be made. If you don't revieve a PM, you're just a vvillager :)

• Celes Crusader – Que-essa Damon
  • Tanuchan – Mira Raiglan
  • Gryphon – Reaver Malice
  • Mynx - Jethay
  • Akallabeth - Zarek Thraus
  • Knight - Palu
  • Sweetcherrie - Rukmini
  • Kasmandre - Fxz'et
  • Ozymandias - Klen
The morning wake up alarm sounds, it echoes through the hall of the stone temple of the Sith Lords that the Sith Academy resides in. As the students wake from a night of slumber they progress slowly to the cafeteria for breakfast.

Each student can't help but hear the walls speak to them, personally, promising power unimaginable if they continue on their path. The students gather in the cafeteria and begin eating when they hear an announcement from Darth Salakin, the headmaster.

“Students, today will be a very special day. I shall be promoting one of you to a member of the Sith Order today. The one who shows the most promise shall be chosen, and will accompany our Lord, Darth Revan, on a very important mission. That is all.”

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reaver immediately feels a rush of elation at this news and reaches out to touch the force trying to get a premonition of the future to see who is being promoted.

The masters of the academy however are still stronger in their mastery of the force, successfully clouding the future from him... could it be?

Reaver looks around at his fellow students, once again running through his mind their strengths, weaknesses... always looking for opportunities and guarding against them as rivals, but such is the way of the Sith.

Reaver notices some of the other senior students looking at him and each other with speculation on their faces, and he sits back smiling to himself, projecting confidence in posture and the force - let them think that he knows something they don't... that way lies power.

Jethay listened to the announcement as he hunched over his meal, avoiding eye contact with any as he let his thoughts run rampant.

"The one who shows the most promise shall be chosen..."

Jethay clenched the fist he wasn't using to eat under the table.

I show more promise than half of the cretens here, he thought to himself, but of course, who is going to grant such an honour to a lowly first year?.

Glancing up from his meal, he watched his classmates and the thoughts that were running across the faces of those who had yet to learn to control their expressions.

Placing the fist he had been clenching on the top of the table, Jethay held it open and used his mind to call his drinking cup. After a couple of shuddering attempts, the cup glided across the table and into his open hand.

Jethay began to smile coldly as he drank deeply from the cup. He was learning to control the force better every day. To him, it would only be a matter of time before he matched the seniors in the Academy.

Then again, his mind continued to murmer, all it would really take to prove yourself would be to show just how much promise you have, first year or not...

Eyes flashing with the thoughts of what could be gained, Jethay hunched once more over his meal, hurrying to finish it as he began to think of the ways he could prove his worth to the Masters in the Academy.

Upon hearing the announcement, Mira just arches an eyebrow, keeping her own counsel. However, the glint in her eyes shows exactly her reaction, as the slight smile that can be seen.

The most promising... who should I keep an eye on, then?

She surveys the other students, noticing quickly that most of them do the same.

Hmmm... better be careful. Too many thinking that they are the best ones... and of course no one is better than myself. The teachers know that. I know that. And whoever of the others who don't know that... is a stupid.

Stretching lustily, giving all the impression of not being surprised by the announcement, Mira turns to leave to her training. Without looking behind, she opens her hand and her light saber, left on the table, comes to her. Knowing that some of her rivals observe that with envy, she smiles to herself and leaves to the Library to do her Force training.

There are many tricks in that book... I will master all of them. Every single one. No one else has enough skill in psychokinesis for that...

Rukmini fumbles with her hair, “this is not going to do,” and as she thinks it, her hand mirror jumps from her handbag into her hand.

Looking in the mirror she carefully rearranges her long black curls, and puts a bit of extra lipstick on her lustful lips.

While putting the make-up articles back in her purse, she hears somebody saying, “The one who shows the most promise shall be chosen-”

She glances up and sees Darth Salakin, the headmaster.

“He’s actually quite handsome, in an older kind of way,” she dreamily gazes around the cafeteria, “These people are all way too ugly to be showing any promise for what-so-ever.”

She sees Jethay’s cup gliding into his hand, “I can do that far better” lazily she stretches out her hand to get the cup in front of her.

She concentrates and wills the coffee in her hand, for a moment nothing happens, but than the cup starts to shudder, and slowly slides across the table.

“Yes, it’s working! I knew I was better than the others.” But she has hardly finished the thought, or the cup explodes with a bang, and splashes coffee all over Mira who had just turned to leave.

“You stupid cow, now look what you’ve done!” Rukmini jumps up and steps in front of Mira, “You better pick that up, or else….”

Mira grins, “Or else what,” a dangerous look had appeared in her squinted eyes.

Rukmini throws a black curl over her shoulder, puts her nose in the air, and sticks her prominent bosom forward, “Or else, I’ll make you pay for it!”

For a moment it looks as if the first fight will be a fact, but then Mira turns away, sniggering, “You wouldn’t know where to start, bimbo,” and leaves in the direction of the library.

Furious Rukmini picks up the fragments of the cup, and sits down still shaking with anger, “I’ll get her for that, even if it’s the last thing I do.”

Mira snickers, having heard Rukmini's last statement. Reaching the door, she looks casually over her shoulder and smiles coldy. Rukmini's black curls seem to get a life of their own, wrapping themselves around her throat with surprising strenght. As she gasps, fighting with her own hair, a pair of scissors float in front of her, giving her the chance to cut herself free.

Rukmini squeaks indignantly, trying to counter Mira's trick. But she soon finds out that Mira's skill is way greater than hers, and that she can't divert the Force attacking her. The Headmaster eyes the silent struggle nonchalantly, not a trace of special interest crossing his face.

Angry, Rukmini grabs the scissors though she can't make herself use them on her beautiful hair. Mira looks at her with condescendence, turning and leaving.

The strands of hair relax, though they keep curled tightly around her throat. Mira's silent laughter haunts her as Rukmini stares at the pair of scissors, knowing full well that she has been slapped in the face.

She won't even try to fight with me... coward!

And deep in her mind, she hears again Mira's arrogant and scathing voice from some weeks ago, "Fight with you? A first-day student can do that and get you killed. I won't waste neither my time nor my concentration on you, silly creature."

~~~~

Edit: misspelt Sweetcherrie's character name, sorry :P...

Edited by Tanuchan

Reaver watches Mira leave before allowing a contempt to flicker briefly across his face...

Such posing, hah, such party tricks to impress the first year students, but she knows nothing of the true nature of the Force...

Reaver rises from his seat and reaches out to the Force once more, wrapping it's power around himself like a cloak, quietly he leaves the dining area.

Fxz'et barely registered the announcment and the various scuffles that followed. He was busy and right now nothing in the universe existed except the mechanical pieces before him. The arguments were far enough away that he didn't need to worry anyway. And if they did come close enough...well, he had a few new toys that he'd been meaning to try out.

A few crystals rose off the tabletop and settled themselves into the shell of what might become a new lightsaber. Carefully, he likewise inserted the focusing array. He may lack the strength or range of some of his fellow students in psychokinesis, but he surpassed most of them by huge bounds in fine control. His mouth-parts pulled into a grotesque imitation of a smile as the parts fit inside perfectly. Carefully, he used the Force to infentessimily warp the primary strike plate of the focusing array. It was now physically no different, but would conduct energy in a much different way from usual. His "smile" widened. There was no one else in the academy who could have done that. He retrieved the rest of the parts off the table and started out of the cafeteria. He had a prototype of his mag-armor ready and he needed to find a test subject. Before he left, though, he reached out to the various machines of the cafeteria and drew off energy from them, filling himself with glorious power. The caf machine sputtered and shot out a flare of sparks as a good deal of its innard suddenly fused together. Fxz'et's smile returned. Looks like my classmates will have to go without their morning cup of that brown glop. More the pity.

The Bothan called Klen listened to the headmaster's speech attentively, smile growing wider and wider. By the time Darth Salakin finished speaking, his fur rippled in undisguised pleasure.

A few of his seatmates, who had taken notice of this and had in response grown warier and warier, fairly all went for weapons at once when he let fly with his sharp, barking laugh very loudly and clapped the young human man next to him firmly on the back with his bionic left arm (a limb he had lost on his first day at the academy, to much derision from his peers. He had seemed to let all of it roll off his back, save for the the Quarren who had insulted his parents' intelligence. He joined Klen in the infirmary that day, after the Bothan had surged up from the operating table and neatly sliced all of the unfortunate beings' facial tentacles off with a scalpel.).

"Finally, some action!", he declared to noone in particular. "This promises to be intersting."

His fellow students settled somewhat when all else he did was tear into his meal with pleased grunts, but hands did not stray far from blasters, knives, or lightsabers.

Jethay watched the fights breaking out around him, grinning coldly to himself as he witnessed the displays, proving once more his belief on how pointless it is to even consider trusting someone.

Everyone is out for themself, he thought, as it should be.

He noticed Fxz'et building what he assumed could only be a new lightsaber and bit down on the anger that rose within him.

Being only a first year, Jethay had not been given the knowledge or the 'honour' of being able to obtain a saber of his own.

Perhaps they will allow me to get one early if I prove myself, he pondered.

Finishing his meal, Jethay got up from his seat and headed to his quarters to prepare for his first class, leaving the rest to their childish fighting.

I will have to be alert if I wish to gain the repsect of the Masters, he thought, there will be a lot of competition...I will have to be careful...especially of the seniors...

Drawing what little control of the Force he had around him, Jethay continued his way to his quarters, contemplating options and enemies as he did.

When she heard the announce, Que-essa keeps all of her feelings to herself, since she perfectly knows that it can be used against herself. It is exciting news but she knows that she should focus on the present moment. The apprentice from Coruscan keeps on eating her meal, clad in her favorite robe. Her bald skull is bearing a sophisticated tattoo that remotly ressembled a crescent moon with a tribal twist. When she was finished with her meal. She gazes briefly at her comrades with her deep violet eyes, only to shift back in her thoughts.

The ignorant louts. The bloody lot of ignorant louts! What in the name of the dark side were they going on about? It was quite obvious to Palu that these incompetent oafs would fail in their tasks- none of them had the credentials, and none of them were nearly as intelligent as he... Nor as... malicious...

With a sigh, a shake of his head, and a small inward chuckle, he wandered his way to the training grounds- whereupon he withdrew his Lightsabre from its holster on his hip. Quickly flicking it on, and adopting his somewhat unorthodox two-handed fighting stance, he began to engage targets as they came at him, completely at random. Alternating between using powers of the force, and his lightsabre- the targets fell quickly- disappointingly quickly. He needed to train against something, or someone more.... gratifying. After all, he only truly felt alive when he was testing his power- as he had on the villagers, that day, or against countless others, throughout his travels...

That is, until he was sent to this place. Though he had learned much, he was still... Bored.

Zarek watches insolently as Darth Salakin makes his announcement, stopping short of sneering contempt at the mention of Darth Revan. That so-called Sith Lord had been the one whom had sent Zarek to this miserable academy.

Academy, bah, he hated the word. All these bloatedly pompous Sith trying to instruct all these other younger ones, none of which was possibly his equal, at least at piloting. He knew that the only way to learn was though experience, not this classroom rubbish. And these drills the they were forced to go through - bah! What was the use of only going half way? These other students had much to learn of the ways of the Dark Side.

Disdainfully, he looked over at that Bothan. What was the use of learning at a place with non-humans? Everything they stuck a paw in was changed for the worse.

"Aliens," he muttered quietly, as if the word was deadly poison dripping off his tounge.

Standing with great abruptness, he walked out, following the path taken by the others who had left. Taking no notice of the many students who had suddenly reached for their weapons, he left, leaving the students be, save for one fool who had actually considered shooting him. Angrily stopping, he projected a thought, and the student moved his hand back from his blaster, as though scalded. Continuing the thought, he amplified the heat, until the student cried out in pain, attracting the attention of the headmaster and his assistants, at which he released him.

Moving on with a smile, he moved towards the hanger, easily eluding the grasping thoughts of the angered student. Nodding mockingly at all he passed, he continued on his way to the hanger, where he might check on his modified Sith fighter. It would be just like some of the students to sabotage his craft, and he didn't want to lose his ride off this place. . . .

EDITS- Added to post before any replies, fixed minor probs, and changed ship type to a more accurate model (again))

Edited by Akallabeth

Rukmini feels her cheeks burning from shame, she would have to be more careful in the future. As the distance between Mira and Rukmini grows, she feels her curls loosen up, until finally she can remove them from strangling her.

With a though the mirror jumps from her purse and she checks on her neck, red stripes burn brightly, and her face is not doing much better.

“I will get her,” she thinks, and this time she is careful enough to shield her thoughts for others.

The mirror clears itself away in her purse, and while grabbing it she leaves the cafeteria, intent on finding a way to prove herself to be the most promising student.

edit:typo

Edited by Sweetcherrie

Fxz'et struggled with the mynock, pulling it by the chain he'd attached to it to the stake he'd planted in the yard. He briefly considered cutting off both the beast's wings, but decided that injuring it in such a way would cause problems in his test. Still, the frustration at getting nowhere with the mynock was getting to him. Fxz'et lashed out through the force at the creature's little mind. For a wonder, it worked on the first try and the mynock fell to the ground, stunned. Usually, such a task took a few shots as Fxz'et's ablity with living minds always left something to be desired. The only thing that allowed him to sleep soundly around humans like Que-essa was the knowledge that they wouldn't know their way around an Verpine's thoughts.

Turning his mind back to the task at hand, he chained the mynock to the stake and quickly harnessed the mag-armor generator to what he supposed could have passed for its chest. He'd found a small cluster of infant mynocks attached to the power arrays of one of the shuttles that had come in recently (the same shuttle he'd stolen the pieces for his mag-armor from, actually; hopefully no one will try to land that shuttle in a 0G environment anytime soon...). He'd taken the whole batch and raised them in his chambers. This one was one of the four that had survived his "care." Now, it would tell him if his armor could really resist a lightsaber.

Fxz'et activated the generator on the mynock and stepped back. As the armor powered up, the mynock became enveloped in a violet aura. After a moment or two, the humming of the generator woke the mynock and it attempted to fly off, stopped only by its chain.

Satisfied that the armor wasn't restricting the mynock's movement in any way, Fxz'et activated one of his lightsabers. As always, the blade felt clumsy in his three fingered hand and the motions to attack with it looked absurd but they worked well enough against a chained foe. The deep crimson blade collided with the mag-armor a dozen times in quick succession. The mynock screeched in terror as it rebounded from the blows, but didn't seem to be injured in any serious way. Satisfied, Fxz'et deactivated the blade and grinned at his latest success. His lack of skill with a lightsaber would matter very little now, and once he finished his new lightsaber, he'd easily be the most formidible student in the academy.

His mind was already on his mental blueprint of his new lightsaber when he realized the mynock hadn't stopped screeching. He looked at the creature quizzically, wondering what the problem was. When the mynock imploded in a spray of gore (most of which was contained in the mag-armor's field), he got his answer. He stood there for a minute, considering the factors that could have led to this. Already, he had a half-dozen possible solutions mapped out. He only hoped that he could hit upon a successful one before he ran out of mynocks.

If all else fails, though, I could just try it out on one of my classmates, he thought, gathering up his belongings. Zarek's always been annoying and it would be nice to own a starship...

"Students," sounded the loudspeaker, "you're all to report directly to the meeting room." The students, of course, had no choice but to obey their headmaster. Once they were all assembled in the great hall, he began to speak.

"We have a very serious situation here. One of the instructors, Yazak Ent, has been killed. Now, normally this does not warrant any kind of special regard, however we have reason to believe there are Jedi responsible. I'm putting it in your hands to hunt them down, and kill them. Whoever brings me their heads will have their promotion."

OOC: Alright, guys. First day phase. You show them Jedi how we do it.

Edited by Degenero Angelus

"Now this is different," Klen murmured bemusedly. Standing, plate still in hand, mug of coffeine in the other, he walked away and dumped the rest of his meal into the garbage.

Taking a big swig of the high-energy drink, Klen closed the lid and reaffixed the mug to his belt before striding off down the halls toward the practice grounds.

As he walked, he reviewed quickly basic knowledge of Jedi conduct. Grace...finesse...balance, in one's battles as well as everyday life.

Klen thought, and thought.

Closing the distance to the training areas, he ignited his lightsaber. The ruby blade flashed into being with its customary snap-hiss.

(OOC:

Yup. Vote for Knight. BRING IT!)

"Well now... THAT is curious. Jedi, eh? I was training to be a jedi once- you would think I would have smelled their scum a mile away..."

And then he thought about it, for a few moments. Who amongst all the students did not likely belong? Who here was lacking the overall... gumption, and intellect, to really, truly be a sith?

Certainly not Rukmini. She had been the oddball out for quite some time.

Keeping his Lightsabre in hand- he stalked his way very closely indeed, towards the attractive, yet.... lacking, young woman.

((OOC: Vote for Rukmini/Sweetcherrie Yeh, sorry. Nothing personal, just the most likely candidate for a first round...))

Edited by Knight

Rukmini sensed someone coming, totally misinterpreting the feelings she had, she thought"I bet its another admirer,", but having learned from her first experience she shielded once again her thoughts.

She adjusted her curls and looked at her reflection in the window, and sat down, crossing her legs in a charming kind of way, intently waiting for her visitor.

Just before the door opened she saw in a flash that it was Palu that came in her direction.

"I wonder what he wan-" she had no time to finish her thoughts, the door was opened and Palu strolled in.

He had an aggressive air about him, and Rukmini now sensed the danger that she had mistaken for interest. As she jumped up, her hand moved to the daggers she had always hidden in her belt, and tried to gather enough of the force around her to protect herself.

"What do you want?" she asked with a slight tone of agression in her voice.

OOC: no accusation yet

Que-essa was intrigued by the recent news: what Jedi would have been silly enough to walk in the Wolves' den? In Coruscan, she had seen as much Sith as she had seen Jedi and she knows how Jedi behave. She eyes Rukmini and listens to her instinct.

((OOC: A vote against Sweetcherrie/Rukmini))

Reaver looks around at his fellow students, watching the expressions flicker across their faces - some surprise, some mistrust, others outright hostility...

He reaches out with the force and sences some of the other more senior students doing the same, all trying to feel who the traitor might be.

Hastily Reaver runs what he knows of the others through his mind and he remembers... Palu... yes, Palu was once training to be jedi before he joined the dark side.

Perhaps he didn't join quite as thoroughly as the masters of the academy thought.

~~~

OOC: Vote for Knight / Palu

Jethay almost laughed when he heard the news.

What kind of Sith Master was stupid enough to go and get himself killed within his own walls?

Still, the fact that a Jedi could withstand the call of evil that resounded in the walls was a very serious concept indeed.

Palu used to be a Jedi, Jethay thought to himself, is it possible that he could have been placed in here as a mole right from the start?

Ignoring the stares that were being exchanged around the room, Jethay began to ponder his own thoughts, struggling with his reach of the force as he tried to find an answer amidst all the hostility being projected. The potential prize of being the one to catch the traitor was all that occupied Jethay's mind as he considered the potential candidates...

OOC: I accuse Knight / Palu

Klen arrives at the combat training areas to find them oddly deserted.

"Seems everyone's hot for Jedi blood. Hm. Hadn't expected it to take away from combat, however."

Nonetheless, his lightsaber belies his calm countenance and fur as it remains activated and glowing its shimmering light.

Turning on his heel, he moves with all haste back to the main corridors and toward the bunks. A couple of teenage boys block his way about halfway to the students' quarters in this wing. Klen recognized them immediately. He could not remember their names, but he knew they were Corellian. He also knew they were avid and loudmouthed followers of a racist gang that had sprung up whose galatic 'genetic cleansing' agenda not-so-secretly included the nonhuman races of this academy.

They both leered at him, confident and predatory. One made the uncouth comment of "Stars. Who knew they were letting vrelts in the academy?"

Two minutes later, one lay in a pool of his own blood and teeth, unconscious. The other tried to crawl after him screaming gurgling obscenities, with both legs broken at the knee joint.

Klen's confident stride hiccuped a bit now, as he had misjudged the speed of the one who thought he was witty, and the boy had gotten a homemade knife blade in his side before the Bothan could drop him.

He left it undisturbed, as he knew it would staunch the bleeding until he pulled it out, as well as giving him an unexpected opportunity to practice his pain blocking meditations.

He slipped into a semi-trance, pushing the anger from his needless hampering into a flow outward to strengthen and numb his wounded muscles.

Klen rounded the first corner toward the bunks just in enough time to see Palu enter...Rukmini's room? Many were the curiousities today. He'd not thought Palu that shallow. Even for a Sith acolyte.

Palu heard the thrum of a lightsaber before he felt Klen's prescence, and this alone let him duck under the bone-cracking haymaker that had been aimed at his right temple.

"I suspect that you suspect me, then. Very well."

Palu ducked underneath of the fist, and riposted sharply with a kick, that Klen also dodged. His Lightsabre also crackled on- he assumed his two handed fighting style, and smirked.

"Did I ever tell you why I went to the Jedi Academy? So I could get this. And some knowledge of the force." He held out the lightsabre in his hands.

"Did I also tell you why I was expelled, and banished from Dantooine?"

The two clashed blades rapidly, left, right, right, left, over, under, backwards.

"I killed an entire village. Laughed as I snuffed out the lives of two hundred, fifty three people. I relished in their deaths. I have a momento of each. Feel free to check on that sometime. Revan heard of me, as I made my way slaughtering the innocents from place to place... You know that I have a ship, yes? Know how I got it? I killed the crew. The skull of their commander sits on its console."

Again the blades clashed, and force lightning crackled from a well placed attempt on Klen. The man handled it almost as effortlessly as it was flung at him- it was obvious that they were at a standstill.

"Yes, I was at the academy. But do you think a JEDI could have obtained Revan's personal seal, and his letter of recommendation?"

"Trust no-one, aren't we taught?", Klen said in an eeire calm. Abruptly he drove his forehead into Palu's nose. The man's face spurted a gout of blood with the violence of the impact. A split second after the first blood flew, the older Bothan drove a hard right at his opponent's right tricep, followed by a knee to his solar plexus. The scrred bothan was faster than Palu had thought, and he barely rolled with the impact of the punishing blows. The former Jedi knew full well when an opponent was aiming to cripple, or kill. It seemed every one of his foe's strikes were aimed to do just that.

Palu leapt behind him, and grinned humorlessly at Klen and Rukmini both.