The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

CONGA LINE!

Peredhil

Faces ruefully smiling, the Guild Leaders follow Peredhil from the Meeting Room in a shuffling line, hands on the hips of the one before them.

dut-dut-dut-dut. dut. KICK!

Peredhil, Gwaihir, Ozymandias, Katzaniel and the rest, they all are dancing in a Conga Line.

As they approach, you can hear Peredhil singing, "Why-can't-we-be-friend, UH!" totally butchering the old song.

But somehow it's irrestible. You feel yourself drawn to the joyous dance. Peredhil's love for his Pen people is like a bow-wave sucking everyone in...

"Come-and-join-the-fun...KICK!"

OOC: It's hard for a gryphon to join a conga line, we're just not built for it... but:

BIC:

Gryphon sees the conga line approach with it's snappy and somewhat traditional beat to it, dut-dut-dut-dut. dut. KICK!

The rhythm carries with it suggestions of fun and a bit of 'that time of the year' spirit and so even as he shakes his head with regret at being physically unsuited to join the line the gryphonic outline begins to fade and another personality starts to come to the fore.

Moments later Gryphon is gone... but Peredhil seems to have gained a second shadow, one with red eyes burning in the darkness, mimicing his moves.. almost perfectly.

Peredhil keeps up the Conga Beat smiling as others join the fun.

It's a very resistable spell actually - it only lures in those who love other Pen members and can still be young at heart.

Should be interesting to see who wanders by to look and resists the spell...

:P

I am not the kind for playing roles,

But know that if a character I kept,

He'd jig in line with all the joyous souls,

Although, in terms of dance, he'd be inept...

So, watch your toes, for in your conga midst,

There walks a poet's spirit, not his shoes,

And even though they don't really exist,

I've two left feet... or none... I get confused

A tiny sugar golem (called ||`, if anybody is curious - a name that means "John Smith" in the binary language of the sugary things) falls down from the ceiling like a clumsy Tarzan and lands exactly between Peredhil and Annael, does an impressive somersault and joins the line.

Black walks by and hears the sound of music. From what he heared...he knew exactly what was going on as he turned the musics way. 'What a joyous event...are vampires created for such things? What the heck!" Black joined the line for the heck of it...dut-dut-dut-dut. dut. KICK!

Edited by Black9

As the conga line passes around the Cabaret Room, a pair of beady eyes follows its every movement from a darkened corner, making note of every angle and tempo that it takes. Wyvern hisses sinisterly as he carefully observes the lines gradual formation, his tail twitching nervously as his body barely resists the urge to sprint out and join the fun immediately. The reptilian Elder bites his lip and crouches patiently, waiting for the opportunity to jump into the line as soon as a short-skirt bearing Pen babe connected to its end. Fortunatly, the thought of standing behind said babe and carefully observing the "kicking" involved in the routine was enough to drive the lizard into a monumental stillness.

;-)

Examining the several booths being set for the Carnival, a black wolf barely notices the Conga line approaching her. However, even if her conscious mind does not register it, her ears twitch at the rhythm.

Tanny blinks, all of a sudden noticing her tail doing strange and rhythmic movements on its own. She turns, frowing at her tail...

Swish-swish-swish-swish. Swish. SWOOSH!

Then she actually listens to the music, and sees Peredhil singing off-key and the whole line of Pennites dancing in a line. The Ancient Polite Bard waves to her, noticing her wagging tail and grinning.

How is a wolf supposed to enter that line...?

Tanny thinks for a moment, mischievously wishing Wyvern were the last in line so she could bite his tail - as she couldn't possibly grab hips in her present form. Then, laughing, she shimmers into her tanuki form and darts up a small tree leaning into the path of the Conga line.

As soon as Peredhil passes under her, she jumps onto his shoulder, holding fast, her tail wagging in the rhythm... seriously threatening to tickle Annael's nose.

Peredhil laughs softly at the wet nose nudging his neck and the delicate paws holding one of his ears.

Dut-dut-dut-dut. Dut. KICK.

Edited by Tanuchan

Yan Yan is sitting at a small cafe drinking a cup of tea when he hears the conga line approaching. "Oh, Gods!" he mutters," it's that soul eating conga line." Before the line gets to him, however, he has set up a powerful countermeasure.

Jumping onto a small concrete platform, he snaps his fingers which triggers the command signal for the modifide Sharpein air guiter Pilconaci gave him as an early Christmas present. Testing the air guitar, Yan Yan listens as the guitar self tunes. Smiling, he watches as the conga line comes with in distance...

The merry conga participates see Yan Yan with his hands in an odd position, as if he was playing guitar.

Dut-dut-du-

Yan Yan plays the opening riff for Black Sabbath's "Iron Man"

Duh-duh-duh-dun-da, Dun-nah-nah-nahnah dun-dun-dun.

The dazed conga line stops momentarily. This pause is short lived as the conga demon possessing most of them begins weaving it's sinister magic once more. Yan Yan counters with "Paint It Black" by the Rolling Stones. Feeling to pull of the Dark Side from the Conga Demon, Yan Yan uses one last, deseprate song. With all his heart and might, he silently prays to the Gods of Rock and Roll, for he needed to rock out hard to defeat this monster. Just then, a brillant shaft of light fell on Yan Yan. He felt his hands move and his voice sing, but it wasn't him doing it. It was the messiah of rock n roll. He had channelled the King.

With a flourish, Evlis, using Yan Yan's body, gave the performance of his unlife. His voice was golden, and his guitar playing almost holy, as it forced the conga demon back from the platform, freeing Venefyxatu and Griffon from it's clutches. As the demon and it's vile conga line retreated, Elvis said,"Thank you very much."

Riven still cleaning the mud off of himself, heard the weird beat of the conga line drawing near. With a lifted brow, Riven watched as the everyone 'danced' if you can call it that.

Hrm, they have some strange customs at the pen, Riven thought to himself.

Not wanting to get anyone muddy, Riven joined staying a few feet from the person on the end.

Splurt-Splurt-splurt-splurt *KICK*

Edited by Riven

Hannah sits in the corner of her darkend bedroom sharpening her knives. She'd heard a report of a few vampires the next town over causing some trouble. She pauses hearing a knock on the door. "Come in," She says and goes back to what she was doing.

Shadows twirls in "How do I look?" she asks.

"Stunni8ng as always, but I'm sure the vamps won't care. Is PS almost ready?"

"Yeah she's in the kitchen"

"Good," Hannah say standing up, let me take care of my hair."

PS hears the faint sound of music floating down the street outside. She walks to the front door, to try and figure out what it's all about, as the music gets closer she realizes it's actually a group of people singing. Dut dut dut dut dut duh, dut dut dut dut dut duh. she feels a srtong urge to wiggle around and kick out her foot. Her rats nose twitches and it's whiskers tickle her ear. They walk out onto the street and PS grabs onto the waist of the last person that passes. She whises she could see what all the comotion is about. Dut dut dut dut dut duh, dut dut dut dut dut duh.

Shadows and Hannah stand in the kitchenstaring dumbstruck at the front door standing ajar. PS is nowhere to be found.

"Dood, you didn't tell me you sister was prone to random wandering durring our interview."

"Oh well, um, yes. She has a tendancy to lose track of what's going on."

"and I thought she was supposed to be the sane one. Where on earth would a blind girl wander off to?"

"Are there any woods around?"

"Just a few. Wait. Do you hear that?"

"what?"

Dut dut dut dut dut da, dut dut dut dut dut duh.

'what music?"

"Shhh! Just listen!"

Dut dut dut dut dut duh, dut dut dut dut dut duh.

"that's strange, it makes me want to dance."

"Let's go check it out, maybe PS heard it too."

The two catch up to line. "Heya Shadows!",PS chirps brightly. 'Check out my moves! i'd like to see a vampire try to resit this! Shadows and Hannah laugh a PS's antics and both join the back of the line.

from somewhere up front they hear Peredhil's off key (and horribly off tune singing).

Hearing the sound from behind the door, the small kender rushes in the room to see everyone joining in the line for the conga. Its rythem takes over the small kenders body and hops in the line finding all kinds of new nick-knacks during the song.

Dut-dut-dut-dut. Dut. KICK.

Someplace in the folds of an unbreakable piniata the Raven and a flurry of furry kitten minions bigin their own line, stumbling and crawlin gthrough tthe folds of treacle covered fabric.

Dut-dut*sneeze*-dut*sneezesneeze*-dut. *sneeze*Dut. *sneeze*KICK.*sneezesneezesneeze*

:raven:

Edited by cryptomancer

Somewhere in the distance, Dragonqueen hears a faint, infectious beat. As the conga line draws nearer, louder grows the music. A grin grows on Dragonqueen's face. Nevertheless, she crosses her arms and backs away.

"No. I don't dance. Absolutely... Aw, who am I kidding? I love to dance!" Letting the catchy rythym sweep her away, Dragonqueen hops onto the end of the line as it passes.