The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

This is truly the last straw.

Guest ntraveler2

Guest ntraveler2

On a private message I've received.

You, on the other hand, are a proven problem for several people.

I'm sorry it's come to this point, but we absolutely have to do something here. Letting bitterness in anyone sit untouched only lets it grow, and fester. That *only* hurts. I don't want that happening to you or anyone else here.

You have seven days from this message's time stamp to reply.

I see the administration is resorting to force. If a pathetic display of authority with all the intelligence of a vengeful prepubescent is what you feel to be the best judgement, then go ahead and ban me by all means.

I won't be back. You'll just be rid of another person whose face you can easily melt into the virtual walls of the Internet.

*EDIT: All other posts I have ever made here that could be deleted have been disposed of. All that couldn't be, I request that they be deleted. In the future, in no way will I ever permit http://www.themightypen.net/ to host or use any of my fiction writing, should I be so arrogant to think that anyone would want the trash I write. Thanks.

Edited by ntraveler2

hmmmmmmmm

a part of a private message taken out of context and posted publicly in an attempt to make someone ELSE look unreasonable?

hmmmmmmmm.. should i buy it?

nah. i don't even think so.

Ayshela waves goodbye

Honestly, I don't think that washing dirty laundry in public is a neat idea.

Anyhow, since it's impossible for me to make any opinion about the situation, although I honestly believe that said opinion wont matter anyway, I'll bid you farewell and wish you luck with your future endeavours.

Mynx - you really haven't.

From what was posted here it was clearly a smaller part of larger message, a *private* message at that, which was taken out of context and posted publicly. Equally clearly, from what was posted, was ntraveler's protest to the fact that his/her/its (whatever, i don't suppose for a moment it really matters) behavior had been a problem for some people, and in the interest of that not becoming a larger problem, the administrator in question wanted to deal with it while it was a small problem. Fair enough, any administrator who doesn't, isn't doing his/her job. To do that, however, you have to have the person whose behavior *is* the problem, talk with you.. if they refuse to discuss their behavior problem (evident by the necessity to *give* a deadline for response), that becomes a disciplinary problem - also fair enough, that's the administrator's job to handle. ntraveler simply objected to being told to be responsible and chose to vent that objection publicly rather than in the privacy such communication had clearly been given, and thus deserved.

largely, all you missed was a tantrum.. as such, truly nothing important.

What Ayshela said, summed up in the single word "propaganda". . .I have got to learn to expound as she does if I'm ever going to have an essay not cited for a) being too short B) not explaining my points sufficiently.

(Tzimfemme takes out a paper and pen and starts taking notes, which are, alas, also single words.)

[EDIT: On reflection, I have a moral question. Do I take the "don't let the doorknob hit ya where the good lord split ya" stance, which gives ntraveler see-I-told-you-so points, or do I adopt the gentler, weaker, we were trying to do that anyway and it didn't work, "we'll welcome you back when the acid has had time to rest" opinion?]

[EDIT #2: You have to re-set emoticon preferences when you edit if you had changed them in the original post.]

Edited by Quincunx

Unfortunately the rest of the world will seem just as cruel at times.

I contest that most of the rest of the world will seem much, much crueller the majority of the time.

I mean, how cruel is it even possible for a forum to be?

Too bad, Ntraveler. You're imaginitive and the stuff you write is fun to read, but you've got some rage/hostility/righteousness issues.

...I do wonder if he'll ever read all these responses. This brings to mind a bizzare train of thought about the nature of time...

This is none of my buisness but with a title like that who could resist!

You, on the other hand, are a proven problem for several people.

I'm sorry it's come to this point, but we absolutely have to do something here. Letting bitterness in anyone sit untouched only lets it grow, and fester. That *only* hurts. I don't want that happening to you or anyone else here.

You have seven days from this message's time stamp to reply.

I actually found that to be quite a professional and courteous warning. Seems as though the officer in question actually cares about the offender which is something you don't find every day. As someone who over reacts quite a bit myself, it seems to just be a bad case of bruised feelings. I wish you well and hope that the future is bright,

Wyvern steps into the Cabaret Room, scratches his scaly chin as he reads over the topic and discussions, and then hisses:

"I'd ssssimply like to note that this is not in fact the last straw... Almost Dragonic Brand 100% All Natural Straws™ are still on sale at relatively low prices. Almost Dragonic Brand 100% All Natural Straws™... made out of real straw!"

Wyvern pauses for a moment as several angered customers with punctured lips turn towards him, wielding pitchforks and buckets of sour milk.

"Errrr... of course, those straws could also be a proven problem for several people, considering that the needles never were removed from those haystacks in the process of their creation."

With that, the overgrown quickly departs from the scene, censoring the topic of straws on his way out in the hopes of avoiding barnyard shotguns and aggravated bulls.

Much as we realise that posting anything on here now is pointless, we both feel that at least one thing has to be said, and that is this: Surely it cannot even be reffered to as "brute force", unless of course there was more to the message. We know it says that ntraveler2 has seven days to answer, but it doesn't seem to mention anything about force or something similar. True, we can understand why it could be seen as a threat, but brute force seems such a crude way of putting it...

Just wanted to put a happy post into this thread! So in honor of Ren and Stimpy:

"Sing a happy, happy, happy, happy, happy song"

"Blah Blah Blah Blah...(I don't know the rest if you didn't notice)..."

Anyways...adding the smiley's and everyone be happy....even our lost Pennite for moving on to more suitable places...if you hate it here, then I hope, (I truly do) that you find another place you like!!!! ~Happy!~

:P:DB):rolleyes::lol::);) :wizzie: :flower: